Luxury World Travel: 6 Elegant Michigan Hotel Experiences Perfect For a Weekend Getaway, Vacation, or Date Night
Luxury World Travel | By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com
If the thought of luxury travel sparks images of world class experiences, exquisite hotels, top notch surroundings and outstanding restaurants, your next vacation just might be in Michigan!
In the world of luxury travel, Michigan offers top-notch hotels, restaurants and experiences that will create memories for years to come. Plus, private jet travel is on the rise and is a great way to discover Michigan's Hidden Gems.
1. Mackinac Island, Grand Hotel and Pink Pony
The Grand Hotel
I believe Mackinac Island is at the top of luxury world travel vacation choices as the Island and non-chain hotels offer incredibly immersive experiences.
The Grand Hotel
Here's Why You Should Stay at the Grand Hotel:
- First, it's on an island!! You can only get there by private boat or ferry.
- Pampering and luxury is at its finest at the Grand Hotel. Your baggage is taken to your hotel from the ferry and you will arrive at the hotel in style: By horse drawn carriage.
- Enjoy the evening on the hotel's long veranda while sipping a drink and watching the horse drawn carriages slowly pass by.
- No vehicles are allowed on the island so you will sleep soundly at night, free of honking or loud vehicle noises outside your windows.
- The island is very safe, even at night. So go for a long walk along the shoreline!
- Lots of diverse outdoor activities including ferry rides, horse drawn carriages, bike riding, kayaking opportunities and sightseeing.
The Pink Pony
The Pink Pony is also an exceptional hotel experience while staying on Mackinac Island. Their restaurant is top notch and one of our favorite places to eat!
More helpful Mackinac Island links:
2. Chateau Chantal Winery and Inn
Chateau Chantal: 15900 Rue de Vin, Traverse City, MI
Love wine AND luxurious accommodations? Their beautiful suites will make you feel like a rock star, especially while sipping wine and overlooking the bay. The magnificent view above is absolutely breathtaking during all seasons.
3. Inn At Bay Harbor: What's Not To Love? Exquisite Waterfront Views, Luxurious Accommodations and Fantastic Restaurants!
The Inn At Bay Harbor: 3600 Village Harbor Dr, Bay Harbor, MI 49770
Get ready for some serious spa pampering, relaxation, fresh breezes, top notch golf and luxury accommodations at the Inn at Bay Harbor near Petoskey! Chris and I recently spent a weekend at this luxury Michigan resort and indulged in a couples massage, drinks on the patio, relaxing in hammocks and trying electric bikes for the first time!
4. Luxury World Travel, Right Here in Michigan: Experience the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
Grand Traverse Resort and Spa: 100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd, Acme, MI 49610
Indulge in the ultimate Michigan resort experience at the Grand Traverse resort! Indulge in golf, tennis, water sports, shopping, fitness classes, kayaking, biking trails, pools, summer beach bon fires, live music and so much more! It's the ultimate in luxury world travel, right here in Michigan!
The rooms are spectacular, many with water views. The rooms are modern, clean and well appointed.
5. Stay at the Incredible Lakeside Delamar Hotel in Traverse City!
Delamar Hotel: 615 E Front St, Traverse City, MI 49686
Chris and I are huge fans of the Delamar Hotel in Traverse City. First of all, it's RIGHT on Grand Traverse Bay, so you have exquisite views throughout your stay. Plus, you can:
- Enjoy a coffee at their in-house Bistro
- Enjoy the sandy beach right next to the hotel
- Curl up with a book in the numerous lounge areas inside or outside near the fire pit-like me!
- Take a chartered ride on Delamar's pontoon boat
- Go for a swim in their indoor or outdoor pools
No matter what you do, you will love your Michigan weekend getaway at this lovely Michigan waterfront hotel. Keep reading for more Traverse City Hotel ideas!
6. Experience Detroit's Renaissance Center!
If you are looking for an exquisite hotel experience while exploring Detroit, the Marriott is THE PLACE. Not only are the rooms excellently appointed, but the views of the city, Detroit river and Canada are absolutely breathtaking. The Marriott is housed within the Renaissance Center that houses office spaces, several fantastic restaurants and retail stores. It's the ultimate in luxury world travel in Michigan!
We fully enjoy staying at the Detroit Marriott as it is centrally located and within walking distance to Hart Plaza, The Fist, The Spirit of Detroit, the Riverwalk and the Guardian Building.
Detroit Marriott: View from our room
The Pinnacle of Luxury World Travel is Private Jet Flying!
The future of Private Jet Flying is the soaring!! <---What You Need to Know About Chartered Flights and Private Flights!
Pin This Luxury World Travel Page!
Keep Reading (and Being Inspired!)
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Join Us on Instagram, We're Fun!!
Traveling Michigan Home Page