Best 2022 Michigan Cider Mills Map | Apple Orchards and Cidery (+ Warm Donuts) to Visit This Fall Season! Detroit, Ann Arbor, Fenton, Dexter, Northville, Franklin, Rochester...
Michigan Cider Mills and Apple Orchards To Visit This Fall!
Top List of Michigan Cider Mills, Apple Orchards, Cidery and Farms | By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Updated: October 14, 2022
Isn't there something undeniably exciting about apple orchards, cider mills and freshly made warm sugary donuts?? We've got a list of the best cider mills in Michigan!
There are several cider mills in northern and Central Michigan, Dexter, Ann Arbor, Rochester, Fenton, Frankenmuth, Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids, Gladwin, Plymouth, Howell, Ypsilanti, Charlotte, Traverse City, Northville and all across Michigan, so grab our Michigan cider mills map and go exploring!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="dPusAq6Y" upload-date="2022-09-30T18:33:59.000Z" name="See How Apple Cider is Made" description="See How Apple Cider is Made! Step by Step Process at a Michigan Cider Mill in the Fall" player-type="default" override-embed="default"]
“What is paradise, but, a garden, an orchard of trees and herbs, full of pleasure and nothing there but delights."
Grab Our Interactive Michigan Cider Mills Map!
*Be sure to click this link to open Michigan Cider Mills in Google Maps so you can see where they are as you drive!
How to Use the Interactive Michigan Cider Mills and Cidery Map Above
- Zooming in: Click on the plus and minus buttons at the bottom left of the map to narrow in or out of the map. Or scroll with your mouse or use two fingers on your phone.
- Moving the Map: If using a mouse, click on the little hand icon to move the map around.
- More Info: Click or touch the colorful pins to obtain more information about the event or schedule.
- Drop Down Menu: Click or touch the square with the small arrow on the upper left side of the map for a drop down menu to find particular events or locations.
- Expanded Map View: Click the grid marks on the upper right of the map to expand the map.
What is the Oldest Cider Mill in Michigan?
Dexter Cider Mill, located at 3685 Central St, Dexter, MI 48130 first opened its doors in 1866!! This cider mill is family owned and is the oldest continuously operating cider mill in Michigan!
They offer incredibly fresh cider, crisp apples (including caramel), frush donuts and other baked goods.
What Orchards are in Michigan?
We have over 51 Michigan Cider Mills and Orchards listed below! Visit in September and October!
They are located all across Michigan, with concentrations in the Detroit, Ann Arbor, South Lyon, Traverse City, Gladwin, Armada, Lansing, Fenton, Rochester Hills, Plymouth, Howell, Ypsilanti, Grand Rapids and Midland regions.
Keep reading for our list of the best Michigan Cider Mills, Cidery and Orchards!
Best Cider Mills in Michigan! Visit These Michigan Cider Mills Throughout the Fall Season!
Be sure to visit each location's website or Facebook page prior to visiting to check hours, availability and if they have what you need. We've listed Michigan cider mills located in northern, southwest, southeast and all across Michigan.
We are lucky as there are so many cider mills near me! Check our map and list below for the best cider mills in Michigan!
- Alber Orchard & Cider Mill, LLC - 13011 Bethel Church Rd, Manchester, MI 48158 (west of Ann Arbor)
- Almar Orchards Organic - 1431 Duffield Rd, Flushing, MI 48433
- Apple Barrel Cider Mill - 1418 E Center St, Ithaca, MI 48847. The Apple Barrel Cider Mill has a rustic decorated store with fresh donuts daily. Pick out beautiful hanging baskets and fresh seasonal produce. Gift shop with local crafts and honey. What's cool at this apple cider mill? You can watch them make cider in the fall. Be sure to search for best cider and donuts near me and I bet they come up!
- Apple Charlie's Orchards - 38035 S Huron Rd, New Boston, MI 48164 (SE of Ann Arbor)
- Barkham Creek Farms - 181 Haslett Rd, Haslett, MI 48840 (Near Lansing Michigan)
- Bayne's Apple Valley - 5395 Midland Rd, Freeland, MI 48623 (Near Saginaw)
- Blake's Orchard & Cider Mill - 17985 Armada Center Rd, Armada, MI 48005
- Bonadeo Farms - 1215 White Lake Rd, Highland Charter Twp, MI 48356 (Between Howell and Auburn Hills)
- Country Mill cider Mill- 4648 Otto Rd, Charlotte, MI 48813 (SW of Lansing) Awesome cider mill Charlotte MI
- Dexter Cider Mill - 3685 Central St, Dexter, MI 48130. Did you know Dexter Cider Mill is the oldest Cider Mill in Michigan?
- Diehl's Orchard & Cider Mill - 1479 Ranch Rd, Holly, MI 48442 (Near Fenton, MI)
- Detroit Farm & Cider - 1600 Lawrence St, Detroit, MI 48206. This popular Detroit cider mill also has delectable farm to table dinners, so check it out!
- Erwin Orchards- 61475 Silver Lake Rd, South Lyon, MI 48178 (North of Ann Arbor, SE of Howell) This South Lyon cider mill in is super popular! They are open for the 2021 season through October 31. Cider Mill hours are 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Tuesday through Sunday. Come out for the u-pick apples, pumpkins and u-pick raspberries plus a corn maze!
- Flushing Farms- 7096 Gillette Rd, Flushing, MI 48433 (near Flint)
- Franklin Cider Mill - 7450 Franklin Rd, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301. We love this awesome Franklin cider mill in Michigan!
- Goodison Cider Mill- 4295 Orion Rd, Rochester, MI 48306 (Near Auburn Hills and Troy)
- Grainger Orchard and Cider Mill - 2588 Pinckney Rd, Howell, MI 48843
- Gull Meadow Farms - 8544 Gull Rd, Richland, MI 49083
- Hill Brothers Orchards- 6159 Peach Ridge Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544
- Hy's Cider Mill - 6350 37 Mile Rd, Bruce Township, MI 48065 (North of Rochester Hills, West of Armada)
- Jaques Orchards - Apples, cider, caramel apples, donuts. No u pick.
- Jenny's Farm Stand & Cider Mill - 8366 Island Lake Rd, Dexter, MI 48130
- JK's Farmhouse Ciders - 1431 Duffield Rd, Flushing, MI 48433
- Jolly Orchards - Grandpa's Cider Mill
- Kapnick Orchards - 4245 N, Rogers Hwy, Britton, MI 49229
- Klein Cider Mill & Market - 2151 10 Mile Rd NW, Sparta, MI 49345. You pick apples and apple cider!
- Knaebe's Mmmunchy Krunchy Apple Farm - 2621 S Karsten Rd, Rogers City, MI 49779
- Koan's Orchard - 12183 Beecher Rd, Flushing, MI 48433 (west of Flint)
- Leaman's Green Applebarn - 7475 N River Rd, Freeland, MI 48623
- Long Family Orchard, Farm & Cider Mill - 1540 E Commerce Rd, Commerce Charter Twp, MI 48382 (North of Novi)
- Markillie Orchard- 5200 N Latson Rd, Howell, MI 48855
- Meckley’s Flavor Fruit Farm - 11025 S Jackson Rd, Cement City, MI 49233. They have hand crafted artesian ciders for over 50 years. Enjoy upstairs on the deck with pint of their cider with attitude or a glass of their fine wines.
- Miller Family Orchard - 3209 S Vassar Rd, Vassar, MI 48768 (Near Frankenmuth)
- Montrose Orchards - 12473 Seymour Rd, Montrose, MI 48457 (between Flint and Saginaw)
- Mueller's Orchard - 6036 Lobdell Rd, Linden, MI 48451 (Near Fenton).
- Northern Natural Cider House and Winery - 7220 Chief Rd, Kaleva, MI 49645 Fresh apple cider and hard cider.
- Obstbaum Orchards - 9252 Currie Rd, Northville, MI 48167 (Between Ann Arbor and Novi)
- Paint Creek Cider Mill - 4480 Orion Rd, Rochester, MI 48306. Fresh donuts, ice cream and stay for dinner!
- Parmenter's Northville Cider Mill - 714 Base Line Rd, Northville, MI 48167 (Near Farmington Hills) We love this apple orchard Northville MI
- Parshallville Cider Mill - 8507 Parshallville Rd, Fenton, MI 48430 (Near Howell too!). Awesome apple cidery in Michigan!
- Phillips Orchards & Cider Mill - Gatehouse Market - 1995 E Gratiot County Line Rd, St Johns, MI 48879 (north of Lansing)
- Plymouth Orchards & Cider Mill - 10685 Warren Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170 (Cider Mill near Ypsilanti)
- Pond Hill Farm - 5699 S Lake Shore Dr, Harbor Springs, MI 49740
- Porter's Orchard- 12060 Hegel Rd, Goodrich, MI 48438 (NE of Fenton, SE of Flint)
- Robinette's Apple Haus & Winery - 3142 4 Mile Rd NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- Rochester Cider Mill - 5125 n Rochester Rd, Rochester, MI 48306. A favorite Michigan apple cidery!
Find Your Favorite Michigan Apple Cidery!
- Schaefer Orchards Landing Strip - Sparta, MI
- Schell Family Farms - 10055 Dexter-Pinckney Rd (South of Howell, Northwest of Ann Arbor)
- Spicer Orchards Farm Market, Cider Mill, Fudge, Bakery - 10411 Clyde Rd, Fenton, MI 48430. People love Spicers Orchard Fenton for their great produce and delicious fresh cider! Oh, and did I mention the fresh donuts in their bakery? It's one of our favorite cider mills in Michigan.
- Stony Creek Orchard & Cider - 2961 32 Mile Rd, Bruce Township, MI 48065 (Between Auburn Hills and Armada in SE Michigan) We love this Michigan cider mill!
- Suttons Bay Ciders - 10530 E Hilltop Rd, Suttons Bay, MI 49682 (Near Traverse City) Not a cider mill but it's an awesome hard cider tasting room Traverse City that I wanted to mention.
- Sweet Seasons Orchard - 15787 Allman Rd, Concord, MI 49237 Apple orchard with fresh donuts, freshly pressed cider and homemade baked goods!
- Tandem Ciders- 2055 N Setterbo Rd, Suttons Bay, MI 49682 (Near Traverse City) Not a cider mill but it's an awesome hard cider tasting room Traverse City that I wanted to mention.
- The Fruitful Orchard And Cider Mill - 5740 M-61, Gladwin, MI 48624 The Fruitful Orchard Gladwin Mi is super cute! This apple cider mill near me has a store in which you can buy home décor, food and gifts. Plus they bake fresh donuts to enjoy with their delicious cold cider.
- Three Cedars Farm - 7897 Six Mile Rd, Northville, MI 48168 (Between Novi and Ann Arbor)
- Uncle John's Cider Mill - 8614 North, 8614 US-127, St Johns, MI 48879 (North of Lansing). We love visiting this Michigan Apple Cider mill in the fall. They have very tasty hard ciders too.
- Vander Mill Grand Rapids - 505 Ball Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 Vander Mill creates delicious hard ciders with high-quality Michigan apples that you can enjoy in their restaurant. They pride themselves with a crisp, delicious cider.
- VerHage Fruit Farms & Cider Mill -8619 W Ml Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49009
- Westview Orchards & Winery - 65075 Van Dyke, Washington, MI 48095 (Near Auburn Hills and Armada)
- Witzgalls Home Orchard- 5179 2 Mile Rd, Bay City, MI 48706
- Yates Cider Mill - 1990 E Avon Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48307. We love Yates Cider Mill Michigan for their delicious fresh cider, pastries and well, their cute goats! We think this cider mill in Rochester MI one of the best cider mills in Michigan!
If none of these Michigan cider mills are close to you, simple do a Google search for "apple cider mills near me" or "apple orchards near me" and several should pop up!
Best Apple Orchards in Michigan for Apple Picking This Fall
Best Michigan Apple Orchards for Apple Picking This Fall
Are you hoping to pick some juicy apples this fall? Grab our guide for the best apple orchards in Michigan!
There's an interactive map, address and lots of info here:
Super Cute Apple Dress!
Of course I couldn't resist putting this cute girl's apple dress right here. It's all cotton and so stinkin' cute from Amazon.
Carry on, back to apples... ;)
History of Michigan Apples
This history of Michigan Apples states that John Chapman, (a.k.a. Johnny Appleseed) is one of the reasons why we have such an abundance of apples. Chapman owned many apple tree nurseries in the Midwest and sold and traded apple trees.
Did you know that archaeologists have found evidence that people have been eating apples since at least 6500 B.C.? Cool, huh!
Gull Meadow Farms
Address: Gull Meadow Farms, 8544 Gull Rd., Richland, MI 49083
Gull Meadow Farms is a great spot to pick your fall pumpkins, enjoy fresh delicious donuts and grab some fresh apple cider by the glass, half gallon or whole gallon. There's a very cute shop with items to decorate your home.
We used to live about 5 miles from this farm so we would visit several times throughout the fall season to buy mums and explore the corn maze. There is a train for kids and a tractor drawn hay wagon for the whole family. Great place!! It's a very fun September and October Michigan event! We love it!
- Be sure to stop into Gull Meadow Farms in August for their Sunflower Festival!!!
Their multi-colored sunflowers are planted in mid-May and bloom for about two full weeks in August.
Tickets are around $13 per person, though children under 36 inches tall are admitted free. Each ticket gets visitors a wagon ride out to the sunflower field and one sunflower to take home.
Uncle Johns Cider Mill
Address: 8614 US-127, St Johns, Michigan
Check out Uncle Johns Cider Mill for gifts, food items, snacks, wine and Michigan hard cider. They make super yummy fresh donuts and fresh cider, so don't miss out! Plus, the barn is gorgeous!
Michigan hard cider makes a fantastic Christmas gift...just sayin'.
Bayne's Apple Valley
Location 5395 Midland Road, Freeland, MI
It's pretty cool that Bayne's Apple Valley has been awarded Mid-Michigan's Best Orchard 3 years in a row!
Bayne's Apple Valley has great homemade baked goods and my Dad, especially, can't resist picking up freshly made donuts and fresh pressed pure apple cider.
Pop into their cute shop and grab some fresh cider on the way out! Great place to meet friends during fall Michigan afternoons!
Plan to spend at least an hour at Bayne's as one of our favorite things to do is to grab a sandwich in their cute cafe and then lounge outside to enjoy the view of the woods. It makes for a very relaxing afternoon.
Are Apples Good For You?
Per Webmd, the fiber in apples slow digestion and help with diarrhea and constipation. Plant chemicals and fiber in an apple peel protect against blood vessel and heart damage.
Apples can also lower your cholesterol and slow the growth of cancer cells. Apples can protect the cells in the pancreas and help your lung, bones, gut, brain and heart.
Mueller's Orchard Address: 6036 Lobdell Rd, Linden, MI 48451 (Near Fenton).
At this Michigan Cidery, all of their cider is made with the freshest hand picked apples that are in season. No drops are used. They do not pasteurize nor add preservatives to their cider so all the apples are graded and washed with chlorinated water to assure a clean pure cider.
Three Cedars Farm
Three Cedars Farm address: 7897 Six Mile Rd, Northville, MI 48168
U pick pumpkins, hay rides, donut hut, corn maze! You gotta try their fresh cider! Enjoy cinnamon sugar and plain donuts, cider slushes, hot apple cider, caramel apples, farm market products and fun indoor and outdoor seating!
Leaman's Green Applebarn
Address: 7475 N. River Road, Freeland, Michigan
We enjoy visiting Leaman's as it's an event! You can search for cute items for your home in their shop, pick out a fantastic pumpkin, enjoy some donuts and sip some cool cider. Plus, adorable goats are grazing near the parking area! Seriously!
Isn't there something just amazing about beautiful red apples on a tree? Almost swoon-worthy!! I love watching the green apples being dipped in gooey caramel. So yummy!
Knaebe's Apple Farm and Cider Works
Knaebe's Apple Farm and Cider Works is located at 2621 S Karsten Rd, Rogers City, MI 49779. Enjoy a delicious wood fired pizza and hard cider in the barn! Oh and you will love their goats and other cute farm animals. Check out the playground, barrel train ride for kids, wagon ride pulled by a classic 1947 Farmall H Tractor on the weekends, horseshoes and cornhole. U-pick Pumpkin Patch too!
Franklin Cider Mill
7450 Franklin Rd, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
If the sound of caramel dipped apples rolled in tiny bits of crunchy nuts makes you salivate (you are normal, by the way!), pack up the car and head to Franklin Cider Mill in Bloomfield Hills where you can pick out fresh warm donuts, crunchy apples and a gallon of sweet fresh pressed cider.
The Cider Mill is open the Saturday before Labor Day through the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
Weekdays - 7 am to 5:30 pm
Weekends - 8 am to 5:30 pm
Thanksgiving Day - 8 am to 12 noon.
Order your pies NOW to be picked up on Thanksgiving day!
Fruitful Cider Mill
The Fruitful Orchard And Cider Mill - 5740 M-61, Gladwin, MI 48624.
The orchard store, bakery and of course, fresh cider!
Coveyou Scenic Farms
Address: 4160 US-131, Petoskey, MI
We love stopping at Coveyou Scenic Farm market, the owners are super friendly and the market has so many great things! We purchased bottles of syrup and a pumpkin!
Pond Hill Farms
Address: 5699 S Lake Shore Dr, Harbor Springs, MI.
If you are out and about for Michigan fall color tours, be sure to stop at Pond Hill Farms to enjoy fresh warm donuts and cider around their bon fire!
There's a cafe, cute animals to oogle, and pumpkin launching too! Super fun October Michigan things to do!
Robinette’s Apple Haus & Winery
3142 4 Mile Rd NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
This fabulous cider mill has a winery, bakery, apple house, cider mill and tons of activities!
Yates Cider Mill
Location: 1950 E Avon Rd, Rochester Hills, MI
First off, the beauty of Yates' red barn is just breathtaking!! We love that you can purchase your yummy baked goods and cider in the store and then mosey outside to enjoy your treats on a nearby picnic table.
To the right of the cider barn is a FANTASTIC walking path and trail along the river that continues well beyond where we walked-I'm assuming it continues for a couple miles. The path has several areas where you can walk down to the river, so be sure to take time to explore the area!
Oh, and yes, there are cute goats like this adorable guy!! I couldn't help but talk to him and I'm pretty sure he understood me!! Or, possibly, he wanted my apple turnover. One can't be sure...(but I'm going with the idea that we were kindred spirits!)
Debucks Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch
Address: 50240 Martz Rd Suite 1, Belleville, MI 48111
In addition to 15 acres of sunflowers, Debucks has over 19 farm attractions, wagon rides, tractor pulled barrel ride, Linda’s Kitchen, Donut Bakery and lots more to see and do! Check out their 13 acre corn maze and 20 acre U-pick pumpkin patch!
I HAD to list them as I promised donuts!!
Address: 12473 Seymour Rd, Montrose, MI 48457
Pick your own pumpkin from their large pumpkin patch and see their cider mill (if you are lucky, they may be pressing cider when you visit!) Shop their store and bakery for delicious treats. Come out for tours and farm dinners (previously arranged).
Schell Family Farms
Address: 10055 Dexter-Pinckney Rd, Pinckney, MI
Stop by Schell Family Farms for apples!! They are known for their Honey Crisps!
They process syrup completely in-house and they have tons of flavors, including their new apple flavored syrup!!
Pick your pumpkin out of thousands of pumpkins to choose from and depending on the season, Schell's has cherries and peaches!
Address: 10411 Clyde Rd, Fenton, MI
Play on the playground and see the cute farm animals!!
Spicer's Orchard also has:
- Donuts, Cider, Pies, Fudge
- Ashby's Ice Cream
You might be able to pick blueberries at the same time, depending on the season and the weather. Or if you visit in early August, grab a few photos in front of their gorgeous sunflower fields!
Michigan Sunflowers and Apple Orchards, Oh My!
Where to Find Michigan Sunflowers for You Pick!
Where to Find the Best Michigan Apple Orchards and Apple U Pick This Fall
My loves, if you enjoy picking Michigan Sunflowers or crisp, juicy Michigan Apples, check out these pages for an interactive map of picking locations near you.
For My Apple Lovers!
Pin This Michigan Cider Mills Page!
READ MORE about Michigan's Fabulous Lavender Fields and Farms! Plus, check out Michigan's Sunflower Farms!
Be sure to check out my other articles about Michigan's fabulous harvest time!
Do you love picking out your own pumpkin each fall? It's one of our favorite things to do! Grab our map and guide of:
Need More Inspiration? Check out my posts about the following Michigan destinations:
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram, We're FUN!
Have A Great Story About This Topic?
Do you have a great story about visiting here? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Back to Top