2019 Michigan New Years Eve Events and Fun Things To Do!
Michigan New Years Eve Fun Things To Do
Need ideas to ring in the New Year? Check out our list of best 2019 Michigan New Years Eve Things to do! Plus fun with kids!
We are excited to ring in a New Year, ripe with hope and full of promise! BUT FIRST, let's celebrate with these exciting events happening all around our spectacular state!
Plus lots of FREE Michigan New Years Eve events and things to do with kids!
"Each year's regret are envelopes in which messages of hope are found for the new year." ~John R. Dallas Jr.
2019 Michigan New Years Eve Events
New Year’s Eve Ball Drop in Marquette | Photo Courtesy of Travel Marquette
- New Year's Eve Ball Drop - Marquette, Every New Year’s Eve, the intersection of Washington Street and Front Street becomes the location where everyone gathers to welcome in the New Year. At the stroke of midnight, an illuminated ball is lowered from the historic Savings Bank Building.
- New Year's Eve Ball Drop in Downtown Ludington, Awesome New Year's Eve celebration with an outdoor beer garden, music, a ball drop with 6,000 LED lights in the heart of downtown, plus a spectacular fireworks display. Entertainment includes music, dancing and beer tasting.
- New Year's Eve Ballroom Bashes- Amway Grand Plaza and JW Marriott, 187 Monroe Avenue Northwest, Grand Rapids. The party will span across two hotels and four ballrooms with themed parties at each location. Start at the Amway Grand Plaza and party to JW Marriott Grand Rapids connected via skywalk. Lots of restaurants and bars. Find the ballroom that suits you best and party all night long or hop from one to the next to keep your night moving.
- Charlevoix Bridge Drop - Charlevoix, Charlevoix's annual Bridge Drop will ring in the New Year with a downtown party full of festivities and fun. Daytime family friendly activities include a winter petting zoo, camel rides, snowman building, food trucks, s'mores and bonfires. The evening's events of live music and activities throughout Charlevoix's restaurants, bars and shops will culminate with the "bridge drop" and firework display at midnight.
Torchlight Parade in Harbor Springs | Photo Courtesy of Nubs Nob
- Torchlight Parade - Harbor Springs. Let's ring in the New Year at the bottom of the Green Lift on Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 6 p.m. The Nub’s Nob Ski Patrol and the Winter Sports School skiers will make two runs down Smokey with flares in hand creating a beautiful light display. Free of charge and no ticket required.
New Years Eve in Detroit
- The Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48202 Tuesday, December 31, 2019 The Resolution Ball is an exclusive Annual New Year’s Eve Party in Detroit. Get your tickets early!
- Detroit Princess Riverboat, 1 Civic Center Drive, Detroit, MI 48226, New Years Eve Motown Dinner Cruise on Dec 31, 2019, 7:00 PM – Jan 1, 2020, 1:30 AM
Michigan New Years Eve Ideas with Kids!
- Legoland Discovery Center Michigan, 4240 Baldwin Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326, Dance your way into 2020 with your favorite LEGO® Characters! December 31, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm. Meet your favorite LEGO® characters! Dance Parties will be at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm, & 5:00 pm on the 2nd Floor of the attraction!
- New Year’s Eve Kids Countdown, December 31, 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm Free! Beacon Park, 1901 Grand River, Detroit. Bring the whole family to celebrate the start of 2020 at the Beacon Park. Includes a countdown and ball drop with a wide range of activities and crafts for all ages. This event is free and open to the public.
Staying home with kids this Michigan New Years Eve? You don’t need to spend a lot of money, as there are some pretty fun things to do on New Year’s Eve that don’t require high heels or hangovers!
- Read a Christmas Book! Break out your box of Christmas books and get to it! Maybe take turns reading aloud?
- Watch a fun Christmas movie or an epic series. Movie marathons are super fun — and a great way to count down the minutes if you and the kids have decided to stay up until the ball drops. Charlie Brown's Christmas, The Grinch, Harry Potter, Star Wars or Lord of the Rings is always fun! Grab the snacks!
- Make Smores! Who doesn't love gooey marshmallows, crunchy graham crackers and melty sweet chocolate?
- Melt some cheese for fondue! Let the dipping begin! Pretzels are our favorites!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram! We're fun!
Other Popular Pages!
Traveling Michigan Home Page