BIG LIST Michigan Air Shows 2023 - SO FUN! Schedules, Dates | 7 Best Aviation Events - Thunder Over Michigan, Battle Creek Air Show, Wings Over Muskegon This Summer or Weekend - June, July and August
Michigan Air Shows | By: Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Last updated: July 17, 2023
Each summer, our state of Michigan showcases the most captivating air shows in the United States! These breathtaking aerial exhibitions demonstrate the skill, precision, and raw power of modern aviation, attracting thousands of spectators each June, July and August.
So get ready to witness jaw-dropping aerial performances, heart-stopping aerobatics and incredible historic warplanes.
Oh, and be sure to watch Tom Cruise's Top Gun movie before you go! What an incredible movie!
Michigan air shows offer such a thrilling experience for aviation enthusiasts and casual observers alike. So keep reading for THE BEST Michigan Air Shows and events across the state! There might even be air shows in Michigan this weekend!
What is the biggest air show in Michigan?
Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show! This aviation event is an air show AND hot air balloon festival in one! Can't beat that!
Michigan Air Shows Map
- Click on the plus and minus in the left corner to zoom in or out of the map.
- Click on the icons for more info, addresses and photos of the stops.
- Click on the map to drag and move it to view surrounding areas.
- In the Header, click on the rectangle in the upper left of the map to see a menu of all of our stops. Click on anything that looks interesting to see where it is on the map. To hide the menu, click the rectangle in the header.
- In the Header, click on the "square" icon in the upper right side to expand the map for better viewing.
Best Michigan Air Shows To Enjoy This Summer
1. Thunder Over Michigan Air Show: Schedule, Airplane Rides, Demonstrations and FUN in Ypsilanti! Willow Run
Date: August 12, 2023 and August 13, 2023
Location: Willow Run Airport, Ypsilanti
Description: The Thunder Over Michigan Air Show, organized by the Yankee Air Museum, is a two-day event that showcases an impressive lineup of aerial acrobatics, military aircraft, and vintage warbirds.
See the Air Combat Command F-22 Raptor Demonstration Team
U.S.A.F., Republic P-47D Thunderbolt, Fairchild C-123K Provider "THUNDER PIG", Fairchild PT-26, Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker and so much more! The air show features static displays and flight demonstrations, allowing attendees to get up close to historical aircraft.
- Book an unforgettable flight on one of Yankee Air Museum's historic aircraft (such as the North American T-6G Texan or the Boeing PT-13 Kaydet!) during Thunder Over Michigan!
Check the Yankee Air Museum's website to verify the schedule as times, displays and events may change.
Willow Run Air Show 2023 MORNING Air Show Schedule
Grounds Open: 7:00AM
Air Show Starts: 10:00AM
Air Show Ends and Depart Show: 12:00PM
- KC-135R Stratotanker Demonstration Team
- P-51D Mustang "Swamp Fox" Demonstration
- CT-133 Silver Star "ACE MAKER III" Demonstration
- Mini 357th Fighter Group Salute (P-51B Mustang; P-51D Mustang X2)
- F-15E Strike Eagle (x2) Exhibition
- F-22 Raptor Demonstration
- F-22 Raptor / Heritage Flight
Willow Run Air Show 2023 AFTERNOON Air Show Schedule
Grounds Open: 1:00PM
Air Show Starts: 4:00PM
Air Show Ends and Depart Show: 6:00 PM
Grounds Close: 7:00 PM
- B-29A Superfortress "FIFI" & B-24A Liberator "DIAMOND LIL" Demonstration
- Trainer Heritage Flight (CT-133 Silver Star "ACE MAKER III"; TF-51D Mustang)
- CT-133 Silver Star "ACE MAKER III" Demonstration
- P-47D Thunderbolt Demonstration
- FG-1D Corsair Demonstration
- Lim-5 Demonstration
- 357th Fighter Group Salute (P-51B Mustang; P-51D Mustang x 5)
2. Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival (Battle Creek Air Show)
USA Today Ten Best heralds The Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show among the 10 BEST AIR SHOWS IN THE UNITED STATES!
Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival is one of our favorite Michigan Air Shows as Chris and I have attended several times while working at Duncan Aviation in Battle Creek.
Dates: June 29 - July 4, 2023 (Grab the Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show schedule and tickets)
Where is the Battle Creek Air Show?
Location: W.K. Kellogg Airport, Battle Creek, 15551 S Airport Rd, Battle Creek, MI 49015
Description: The Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival is an exciting combination of hot air balloons and thrilling aerial performances. Taking place over the Fourth of July weekend, this aviation and balloon event features morning launches of colorful hot air balloons and afternoon air shows.
Spectators can enjoy gravity-defying aerobatics, night glows of the balloons, and a carnival-like atmosphere. The festival offers a delightful experience for families and aviation enthusiasts alike.
Enjoy: Carnivals, live music/concerts every night, circus, Great American Kites, kids day, 5k run, fireworks and so much more!
Parking for Field of Flight: ***Cash only for parking (credit cards not accepted). Vehicles will be parked in the main parking off of Helmer Road and South Airport Road. Bicycles and Motorcycles are also welcome.
- All events take place at Battle Creek Executive Airport.
- All activities are subject to change or cancellation for weather or any unforeseen circumstances.
- They accept cash or credit cards for admission at the gate.
2023 Air Show Lineup!
- F-22 Raptor Jet Demo
- F/A-18F Super Hornet Rhino Demo Team
- A-10 Thunderbolt II Heritage Flight (7/1-7/2 only)
- Firewalkers International Pyro “Feel the Heat”
- Kirby Chambliss Red Bull Edge 540
- Red Bull Skydiving Team
- World Champion Rob Holland MXS-RH
- Susan Dacy “Big Red”
- Bill Stein Zivko Edge 540
- Bob Carlton “Vertigo Airshows” Jet Super Salto Sailplane
- Nathan Hammond “GhostWriter Airshows” Super Chipmunk Aerobatics
- Kyle Franklin’s Flying Circus
- Ken Rieder Redline Airshows Vans RV-8
- Scott Urschel Airbus BO-105 Aerobatics/Pylon Aviation, Inc.
- Mark Smith in AFTERSHOCK Jet Fire Truck
- Nation’s Third Largest Twilight & Night Air Show
- AirBoss Ryan Seiler
- Assistant AirBoss Ken Glidden
- Announcer Phil Dacy
While Visiting Battle Creek: Grab our Guide to Fun Things to do in Battle Creek! OHH, and you gotta visit the Binder Park Zoo (or other Great Zoos in Michigan or Petting Zoos in Michigan!)
3. Selfridge Air Show-2024
Is there an air show at Selfridge this year? Not in 2023. The next show is scheduled for June 8-9, 2024.
Dates: The next Selfridge Air National Guard Base Open House and Air Show will take place June 8-9, 2024.
Location: The Selfridge Air Show is held at 29080 Wilbur Wright Blvd, Harrison Township, MI 48045. Selfridge Air National Guard Base, Harrison Township.
Did you know the Selfridge Air National Guard Base is one of the oldest continuously operating military airfields in the nation?
Description: The Selfridge Air Show is a family-friendly event held at Selfridge Air National Guard Base. This air show presents an incredible range of aerial performances, including military aircraft and civilian displays. Experience the agility and precision of fighter jets, witness parachute teams gracefully descend from the skies, and observe simulated combat scenarios. The event also offers ground displays, interactive exhibits, and opportunities to meet the pilots and crews.
For 2024: The U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron, the Thunderbirds, will headline the flying demonstration at the 2024 event. In addition to the Thunderbirds, which fly Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcons, locally based aircraft will be on display and will fly demonstrations, including the Air Force's A-10 Thunderbolt II attack aircraft and the KC-135 Stratotanker refueling aircraft, along with Army and Coast Guard helicopters, the CH-47 Chinook and MH-65 Dolphin, respectively. Visiting aircraft are also anticipated.
4. National Cherry Festival Air Show: See the USAF Thunderbirds in Flight! Absolutely Incredible!
Grab the National Cherry Festival Guide and Event Schedule!
Date: The National Cherry Festival Air Show is July 1 - July 2, 2023, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Location: Open Space Park in Traverse City, MI.
Description: See the United States Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team takes to the skies during the National Cherry Festival. This six person team performs both formations and solo routines. This is a FREE EVENT of the National Cherry Festival.
While Visiting Traverse City: Grab our Traverse City Guide of AWESOME things to do or be sure to tour the Leelanau Peninsula or the Old Mission Peninsula! OR get crazy and tour the Magical Sleeping Bear Dunes! <---We made one heck of a guide for you!
5. 2023 Wings Over Flint Air Show
Date: The Wings Over Flint Airshow is Saturday, June 24, 2023 & Sunday, June 25, 2023. Gates open at 9:00am.
Location: Bishop International Airport
Description: This awesome Flint Michigan air show features numerous nationally recognized performers, thrilling acts, static aircraft displays and kids
activities are just a few of the many family-friendly things to expect over this mid-Michigan 2-day event. There will be food vendor options, beer garden, and a Cadet Zone for kids.
Wings over Flint is expected to draw large crowds with more than 20,000
people each day!
When does the show start? Doors will open on Saturday and Sunday at 9 am. The show will start around 10 am with acts performing throughout the day until about 5 pm. Static displays and kids entertainment will be available from doors open to close both days.
General Admission parking is located on the North East parking lots of the Genesee Valley Center with shuttle service between parking and the airshow grounds provided by MTA. No onsite general admission parking.
The parking and shuttle service is included in the price of the ticket.
Can I bring my own chair? Yes and they will be allowed on the shuttle from Genesee Valley
No outside food or beverages are allowed.
While Visiting Flint: Grab our Things to do in Flint Guide! Also, be sure to Visit the Flint Institute of Arts (it's incredible!)
6. Wurtsmith Air Museum: Two-day Fly-In & Pancake Breakfast 2023
When: August 19 & 20, 2023
The Wurtsmith Air Museum's Two-day fly-in & Pancake Breakfast is a fantastic family friendly aviation event.
Location: Wurtsmith Air Force Base, in the alert fighter cells at 4071 East Van Ettan Street, Oscoda, Michigan 48750
- The Yankee Air Museum’s C-47 “Hairless Joe” will be on-site and flights will be available on their website.
While Visiting Oscoda: Be sure to visit Lumberman's National Monument and find lots of Things to do in Oscoda!
7. Wings Over Muskegon Air Show | Airplane Adventure Rides Michigan
Wings Over Muskegon Air Show Dates: July 6-9, 2023
Location: Muskegon County Airport, 99 Sinclair Dr, Muskegon, MI 49441
Description: Wings Over Muskegon Air Show and the Yankee Air Museum are proud to present a lineup of historic aircraft that are ready to take you on an Air Adventure. From WWII bombers to Huey copters, get ready for that once in a lifetime experience!
BOOK AN UNFORGETTABLE FLIGHT ON ONE OF YANKEE AIR MUSEUM'S HISTORIC AIRCRAFT: JULY 6, 7, 8, & 9, 2023! Yankee Air Museum’s historic plane rides feature the B-25 Rosie’s Reply Bomber, the C-47 Hairless Joe Skytrain, and the UH-1H Huey.
- North American B-25J “Georgie’s Gal”
- UH-60 Blackhawk (MIARNG Grand Ledge)
- HC-144 (USCG Air Station Cape Cod)
- Grand Caravan
- Beech 18
- 1976 Cessna 150M Commuter
- 1973 Cessna 172M Skyhawk
- 1973 Cessna 172M Skyhawk
- 1970 Cessna 177B Cardinal
- 1994 Mooney M20J
AIR SHOW SCHEDULE: The show is the same each day.
- Grounds Open: 9:00AM
- Morning Teaser: 11:00AM – 11:30 AM
- Air Show Starts: 1:00PM
- Air Show Ends: 3:00PM
- Grounds Close: 5:00PM
Tickets: All Wings Over Muskegon tickets must be purchased online: There will be NO on-site ticket sales. So, purchase your tickets and parking passes online.