Binder Park Zoo: 500 Fuzzy, Slithering and Adorable Reasons Why You Must Bring Your Family to This Top-Rated Zoo Today!
Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek, Michigan just scurried and roared it's way to the top of my favorite zoos in Michigan! Why? Well, there's 500 fuzzy, slithering and adorable reasons that will capture your heart!
From it's shaded expansive layout, vast variety of animals, tons of children's activities, cleanliness and amenities, you will be hard pressed to find a better Michigan zoo!
From the moment you pass the entry gates, you just can't help but do a little happy skippy dance as you just know you're in for an awesome time!
If it Slithers, Chirps or Roars, Prepare to Meet It!
He's a beaut, isn't he?!
Binder Park Zoo Map
There's SOOO Many Fun Things to Do at Binder Park Zoo!
As if fuzzy, slithery, chatty and downright adorable animals weren't fun enough, you can...
- Ride a free tram to the Savannah!
- Ride a colorful carousel
- Feed a giraffe by hand!
- Get your face painted near the carousel
- Take a nature walk
- Ride the Z.O. Railroad
So many awesome things to do while traveling Michigan!
Miller Children's Zoo
The Miller Children's Zoo is the place where goats truly are king! Why? Wellll, kids can brush, feed and play with them all day long! (The children's zoo is included in the price of admission)
Kids can also pet soft bunnies, get eye-to-eye with llamas and climb through tunnels!
Awesome Goat Joke Time!
What do you call a goat that lip-syncs?
Why I love Binder Park Zoo
First off, there's FREE PARKING! That's enough to make a girl want to go there twice...or six times. AND they have prairie dogs... 'Nuff said. I seriously cannot get enough of their lil' chirpy attitudes. Here's more:
- Shade trees up the wazoo.
- I love the nature walk as it gives you time to step away from the hubbub of crowds, enjoy the boardwalk and trees and just hang out with nature.
- I ADORE the tram ride to Wild Africa, it's a highlight of my zoo experience...AND it's included in the price of the ticket!
- Interactive giraffe feeding is so fun!
- You can climb aboard a stationary bus and see a LION!
- The zoo is very clean.
- There are fountains with filtered water so you can fill your water jug.
- Awesome for photography. Many of the exhibits are open so you can photograph without bars, glass or other objects to hinder your shots.
- I feel Binder Park Zoo truly cares for the animals and their well being. The critters look healthy and cared for.
- Free-roaming peacocks are everywhere! Did you know they can fly?
Cute overhead comment as a little girl and her mom passed by: "Mom, can we go in the gift shop?"
Mom: "No, because we are not buying anything because it is too expense." Little Girl: "But I brought my nickels!"
Told my mother-in-law this and she said, "We all need more nickels!" TRUTH!
What to Expect at Binder Park Zoo
- Plan to spend around 4 hours at the zoo.
- Arriving early is best although you may encounter school groups during the week. If so, I highly recommend making a bee line to the Wilderness Tram to Africa as the lines can get very long.
- You may bring your lunch or snacks and zoo food is available.
- The Z.O. Railroad and Carousel is an extra fee.
- I didn't see any lockers so plan to carry your bag during the duration of your visit.
- There are lots of picnic shelters to enjoy your lunch or benches within Binder Park Zoo.
- All paths are paved or boardwalks so it is accessible to strollers or wheelchairs.
What Can You Bring into the Zoo?
I carried a bag with 2 bottles of water, snacks and sunscreen. Bring your sunglasses, sun hat and definitely wear comfortable walking shoes. You will walk several miles during your stay.
You may bring strollers or rent them there.
OMG! Giraffes on Youtube!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram, We're FUN!
Do you have an awesome story about your trip to Binder Park Zoo?
We would love to hear all about it!
Traveling Michigan Home Page