Top 2022 Michigan Halloween Events, Parties, Zoo Boo's, Bar Crawls, Family Friendly, Tours, Festivals, October Things to do in Michigan, State Park Events | Detroit, Grand Rapids, Traverse City, Saginaw,
Top 2022 Michigan Halloween Events, Parties, Zoo Boo's, Bar Crawls, Festivals, October Things to do in Michigan, State Park Events | By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Updated: October 24, 2022
Happy Halloween, my Michigan friends! There's so many fun Halloween Things to do in Michigan this year, let's get out and celebrate!
- Check out our list of spooky Halloween events 2022 Michigan!
Michigan Halloween Events are located in Pontiac, Detroit, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Saginaw, Jackson, Traverse City, Bay City, Mackinaw City, Lansing areas and more. We even included Hell Michigan Halloween Events (because why not, right?), West Michigan Halloween Events, Mid Michigan and Southwest MI Halloween Events.
*Be sure to visit each location's website prior to visiting to ensure they are operating, hours, costs, requirements and any necessary information.
I've also pulled together a super spooky list of the Best Haunted Houses in Michigan and my personal favorite, 16 Haunted Places to Visit in Michigan.
Check Out These Other Fun Events!
16 Terrifyingly True Haunted Places In Michigan: Scare Years off Your Life in These Spooky Houses, Asylum, Abandoned Attractions
Scariest 2022 Michigan Haunted Houses: Map of 40 Best Haunted Attractions and Hayrides in MI This Halloween - Pontiac, Detroit, Kalamazoo, Saginaw, Grand Rapids
Magical Michigan Polar Express Steam Train Ride! This Christmas See Santa! | Pere Marquette 1225 | Christmas North Pole Express in Owosso Michigan
WOW! Three Cedars Farm's Halloween Store is Incredible!
Halloween Things To Do in Michigan - Halloween Events 2022
If you are searching for "Halloween events near me," we have a huge list below!
- Paranormal Lighthouse Tours at Marquette Maritime Museum and Lighthouse, Marquette, Michigan, September 16, 2022 at 7:00 PM with Yooper Paranormal. AND Ghosts of Lighthouse Point on October 20-22, 2022. Kid-friendly, 7:00-8:00; 12 and over only 8:00-10:00. Tickets available October 1, 2022. Great way to kick off Halloween in MI! We just toured this incredible lighthouse in Michigan's Upper Peninsula and absolutely loved it!!
- Pumpkinfest, September 17, 2022 and September 18, 2022. Caseville County Park. 6400 Main St, Caseville, MI. Scarecrow making, pumpkin decorating, races and fun! Everyone loves Halloween! Fun Halloween festivals 2022 Michigan.
- Terror on Tillson Street - Tillson Street is located in Romeo, Michigan. If you are near Romeo Michigan, you need to drive down TIllson street after dark...if you dare. This street is famous for their outrageous Halloween decorations during the month of October. Decorating starts mid October and all the finishing touches will be done by October 31, 2022! This group of homeowners come together each year to put together a spooktacular display! Think of Romeo Michigan this Halloween!
- Glenlore Trails Haunted Forest - Every Thursday to Sunday all October 2022. Located at 3860 Newton Road, Commerce Township, MI 48382. Glenlore Trails is an immersive night walk that is fun for family time, date nights, or with friends. Michigan’s illuminated forest has transformed once again! Glenlore Trails is an immersive night walk located in Commerce Michigan. Every Thursday to Sunday evening the forest comes to life in a dazzling display of light, sound, and wonder! Awesome Michigan Halloween events!
- Haunted Adventure at Turkeyville - 18935 15 1/2 Mile Road, Marshall, MI. October 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16 22, 23, 29, 30, 2022. Hours: Saturday 12 pm - 6 pm and Sunday 12 pm - 5 pm. Spooky Hay Ride, Corn Maze, Haunted Barn and a Ghoulish Train. Pumpkins for kids too! Enjoy homemade spice donuts and apple cider!
- Halloween Fun Festival III, Weekends, September 30, 2022 -October 2, 2022 and October 7-9, 2022 and October 14-16, 2022 at Covert / South Haven KOA Holiday, 39397 M-140, Covert, MI. There will be trick-or-treating, a haunted hike through the forest, a Halloween craft, the Lucky Pumpkin Patch, site decorating, costume contest, pumpkin decorating, donuts and cider. Fun West Michigan Halloween events (South of South Haven).
- Haunted Traverse Walking Tours - Beginning in September 2022, Traverse City. Historical Ghost Lantern Tours and Ghost Hunting Experiences. See their website for tickets and more info. All ages are welcome. Parents' Discretion advised as subjects covered include macabre, suicide, death, and ghostly subjects on all tours. Where to Meet: Right outside the Hardy Parking Garage at the Front Street entrance. Fun Halloween things to do in Michigan!
- The Haunted Forest at Cannonsburg Ski Area. The woods are filled with hungry zombies, scary witches, ghosts, and other monsters that exist only in your worst nightmares. The walk is roughly ½ mile long as you wander a lit dirt path that winds through the trees. Scary props and actors will create a haunted experience that is sure to spook everyone. Dates and Hours:The Haunted Forest will run every Friday and Saturday starting October 1st through October 29th. Friday and Saturday hours are 6pm-10pm. Buy your tickets early!
- Halloween Stroll at Canterbury Village - Canterbury Halloween Stroll. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in October 2022. 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm each day. Stroll though the quaint Village that features multiple encounters and exhibits with characters along a path lit by orange glowing lamp posts and hand carved jack-o-lanterns. Passing through pumpkin trees, the spooky carousel house, scarecrow row, singing and dancing skeletons, the tunnel of fun, and much more!
ADMISSION: $14.99* per person for advance online ticket purchases. Children Under 2 and Military get Free Admission. Must acquire ticket online in advance. PARKING: $5. Awesome Michigan Halloween events!
- Fort Fright - October 7, 2022 at 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm, Colonial Michilimackinac, Mackinaw City, Michigan. Lanterns light your way through an 18th-century fort and fur trading village overrun by werewolves, witches, goblins and ghouls. Storytellers will tell spooky folktales near bonfires and treats such as hot mulled cider, cookies and candy can be found throughout the site. Most stops are suitable for all ages, but a haunted house, demon walk and werewolf walk will give thrills and chills to adults and children alike.
- Run Thru Hell on Halloween! October 8, 2022, Hell Creek Ranch Campground, 10866 Cedar Lake Rd, Pinckney, MI. Please register early. Come Run thru Hell, Michigan for a spooktacular time! Fun Hell Michigan Halloween Event
- Halloween Bash at the Market - Sun, October 9, 2022; 3 – 7 PM at Fulton Street Market, 1145 Fulton St E, Grand Rapids, MI. The Halloween Bash At The Market features local artists, live entertainment, and all things magical, mysterious, and macabre just in time for Halloween! Super fun Grand Rapids Halloween event!
- Scarecrow Fest - Frankenmuth, October 15-16, 2022 (Dog Weekend) and October 22-23, 2022 (Kids Weekend). Family-friendly festival at Frankenmuth River Place Shops and special scarecrow displays throughout downtown Frankenmuth! October 15 and Sunday, October 16: Rock N Roll K9s Performance Team (3 shows on Saturday and 3 shows on Sunday – at 11:30 am, 2:00 pm and 4:30 pm) in the Festival Platz area near the Cass River Bar and Grill.
Both days 12 - 6 pm, pumpkin catapult, pumpkin bowling, pumpkin painting, arts and crafts and take a ride on Grandpa Tiny’s barrel train. On Sunday, October 16, the dog costume contest is at 5:00 pm on the Fest Platz Stage. Pre-registration at Hello Cats & Dogs is required for the costume contest, you can sign up from 11 am to 4:30 pm that day. Doggie pet parade throughout the complex from 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm - dogs who participate will receive a treat bag!
- Hallowcrawl, October 15, 2022, 2 – 7 PM. Downtown Royal Oak for the Annual Halloween Pub Crawl.
- Halloween Hysteria 2022, our family-friendly Spooky Halloween event! Come in costume! Play games, get candy! Sun, October 16, 2022, 1 – 5 PM at Mill Race Historical Village, 215 Griswold St, Northville, MI. Get your tickets early!
- Fright Nights on the Farm: October 21, 2022, 7:00 PM – Sat, Oct 22, 10:15 PM
Deep Roots Produce
8570 84th St SE, Alto, MI
The farm is turning spooky for two nights only! Tickets will go on sale in late August. Come venture through the maze after dark if you dare! Awesome Michigan Halloween events!
- Trunk or Treat - Sat, October 22, 2022, 6 – 8 PM
Northville Park Association. Located at 2800 Leelanau Dr NE, Grand Rapids, MI. Family friendly! Come for the candy, stay for the spookiest trail this side of the Grand River. Vehicles will be lined up in the ball field and have a fire going. Fun Halloween events Grand Rapids 2022.
- Halloween Monster Mix & Mash - Family Halloween events Michigan 2022. Sat, Oct 22, 10 AM – 4 PM
Mid-Michigan Children's Museum
315 W Genesee Ave, Saginaw, MI
Halloween 2022. Fun events In Saginaw!!
- Official Halloween Bar Crawl, Detroit, MI - Bar Crawl LIVE! October 22, 28, 29 & 31, 2022. Fee. Entrance To 5+ Venues with spooky drinks, costume contest, music and fun. Buy your tickets early! Super fun Halloween events Detroit
- Monster's Ball Detroit Sat, October 22, 2022 8:00 PM
Russell Industrial Center • Detroit, MI. Join 2,000+ haunted souls featuring the hottest DJs spinning and performances by Haunted Circus Performers, including Stilt Walkers, High Wire Aerialists, Acrobats, Illusionists, Fire Performers, Stage Performers, Multiple Levels, Multiple Stages and Midnight Pizza Buffet.
- Halloween Grand Rapids: Halloween Party - TBD at the Lions & Rabbits Center for the Arts 1264 Plainfield Avenue Northeast, Grand Rapids, MI. Bring your kids by from 4 pm to 6 pm for trunk or treat. Adults, be sure to wear your costumes! 8pm winners will be announced. 4pm - 9pm - Food and Halloween libations, 4pm - 11pm - Halloween Dance. Fun West Michigan Halloween Events.
- Hocus Pocus at the Kalamazoo State Theatre, October 28, 2022. You don’t have to wait 300 years for the Sanderson sisters to return! Doors open at 7:00pm, show begins at 8:00 pm. It’s more than a movie…it’s an event! Come dressed as your favorite Sanderson sister and immortalize the night at our selfie station. Fun west Michigan Halloween Events.
- Spooktacular - See a fabulous ballet this Halloween! October 28-30, 2022 at Peter Martin Wege Theatre. See the Grand Rapids Ballet School Junior Company’s Spooktacular! With witches, mummies, tricks, and treats – a hauntingly good time awaits at this special Halloween ballet with choreography by Junior Company Artistic Director Attila Mosolygo. Top Halloween events Grand Rapids 2022
- Halloween Bash at Splash – October 28-29, 2022, at Zehnder's Splash Village, 1365 S Main St, Frankenmuth, MI. Great Halloween fun for overnight guests. Halloween Party Frankenmuth 2022
- The 5th Annual Halloween Bar Crawl - Grand Rapids, October 29, 2022, 4:00 PM - 11:59 PM. Tin Can Bar, 208 Grandville Ave. SW, Grand Rapids, MI. Join scariest bar crawl ever. Fun Grand Rapids Halloween 2022 Events. Southwest Michigan.
- Douglas Saugatuck Adult Halloween Parade, October 29, 2022. Parade starts at 10 pm -- Line-up for the parade starts at 9:30 pm at Berry Field, 86 W Center St. Douglas, MI. Parade runs down Center Street in Downtown Douglas, MI. Fun west Michigan Halloween Events
- Halloween Beer Tour- Saturday, October 29, 2022, Destination: Old Burdick's: Downtown, Old Mill Brewpub, Paw Paw Brewing Company, Psycho Ward and Nightmares. Get in the Halloween mood with this spooky bus tour featuring a brewery with a haunt, one of Kalamazoo’s best haunted attractions and try some great fall seasonal beers. Be prepared for a night of frights, flights and fun!
Costumes are encouraged and prizes will be awarded.
Halloween tour will begin at Old Burdick’s inside the Radisson Plaza Hotel in downtown Kalamazoo. Fun Kalamazoo Halloween events 2021.
- Halloween Masquerade Ball 2022 at MI Table in Bay City, MI, October 29, 2022
- The 5th Annual Halloween Bar Crawl - Kalamazoo, Michigan, October 29, 2022, Tin Can Bar, 167 E Kalamazoo Ave, Kalamazoo, MI. 4:00 PM - 11:59 PM. Fun Kalamazoo Halloween events 2022.
- Halloween Night at Elektricity: October 31, 2022 at 9:30 PM, 15 S Saginaw St Pontiac, MI 48342. Super fun Halloween events Detroit
- Trick or Treating in Glen Arbor Business District, Sun, October 31, 12 – 3 PM, Glen Arbor, MI. Enjoy some Fall family fun and come out to Glen Arbor for daytime Trick or Treating. Fun things to do in October Michigan 2022
Michigan State Parks Halloween Events
Do you love camping in the fall? There are lots of Michigan campgrounds with Halloween events, so join in on the fun!
- Tahquamenon Falls State Park - Harvest Festival (campers only), September 24, 2022, 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Location: Tahquamenon Falls State Park, 41382 W. M 123, Paradise, MI. Enjoy a weekend filled with fun festivities for all ages. Make your reservation early, the campgrounds fill quickly. A complete schedule of events will be posted on the Tahquamenon Falls Facebook page.
- Halloween Camping Weekend — City of Harbor Beach, September 30-October 2, 2022. North Park Campground, 836 N Huron Ave, Harbor Beach, Family fun weekend filled with Halloween favorites.
- Holly Recreation Area - Harvest Festival (campers only) October 7-9, 2022. 8100 Grange Hall Rd, Holly, MI. You are invited to decorate your camp site so other campers can enjoy the sights as they stroll by.
- Sleeper State Park - Harvest Festival (campers only), Oct 7 – Oct 9, 2022, 6573 State Park Rd, Caseville, MI. You are encouraged to go all out with your site decorations, so other campers can enjoy the sights as they stroll by.
- Bay City State Park - Mother Nature's Halloween Trail, Sat, October 8, 2022, 5 – 8:30 pm. Bay City State Park, 3582 State Park Dr, Bay City, MI. Take a guided hike along the pumpkin lit trail where you will encounter a few of Mother Natures Halloween favorite animals such as bats, wolves and spiders. Animal actors will share with visitors information about Michigan’s most misunderstood wildlife, their shrinking wetland habitat and how they benefit man. FREE refreshments, crafts and fun for the entire family! Come dressed in your Halloween best and meet at the Saginaw Bay Visitor Center.
2022 Michigan Zoo Boo's! Visit Michigan Zoo's This October!
- Zoo Boo 2022 - Put on your fun and scary costumes and go to the Saginaw Children's Zoo for their annual Halloween bash! Zoo Boo 2022 is October 8, 2022 at 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. This year’s event will feature shows from Dr. Slime Chemistry, unique amphitheater experiences, a fun filled activity and candy bag, games, fun photo-ops, animal interactions, an educational bat web maze, HOWL-ween matching activity, Halloween themed animal enrichment, and more! Zoo Boo is a full day of hands-on educational fun for children.
Pre-sale tickets are $8 per person, $10 at the gate, and members are FREE! All activities, train and carousel rides are included in the price of admission!
- Fall Zoo-tacular - October 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Where: Potter Park Zoo Get ready for an event full of colors, costumes, candy, and more! Wear your Halloween costumes and join the fall stroll through Potter Park. See pretty autumn colors and decor as you visit all of your favorite animals. Gift bags of assorted candy will also be available for all who visit.
Michigan Haunted Attractions
16 Haunted Places in Michigan - Spooky Houses, Asylum, Tunnels, Bridge and Places
Do you love everything spooky that goes bump in the night?
From spooky houses to haunted asylums, we have the list of scary places to visit this Halloween.
Super Fun October Michigan Events and Fall Festivals
Michigan October Events, Festivals and Things to do!
We created a HUGE list of October Michigan events to keep you entertained this entire fall season!
Pin This Michigan Halloween Events Page
This page is intended to be used as a guide only. Traveling Michigan is not responsible for changes to event descriptions, event times or details being altered without notice or cancellations.
More Halloween Events and FUN Things to Do This October and Fall Season
Scariest Michigan Haunted Houses, Attractions, and Hayrides
My brave friends...
I've pulled together a super spooky list of the Best Haunted Houses in Michigan and my personal favorite, 16 Haunted Places to Visit in Michigan.
Check 'em out! ;)
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram