2023 Detroit Autorama Michigan: America's Greatest Hot Rod and Custom Car Show! Photos, Ridler Award, Where to Get Discount Tickets
2023 Detroit Autorama Michigan: America's Greatest Hot Rod and Custom Car Show! Photos, Where to Get Discount Tickets
By: Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Updated: February 26, 2023
If you love muscle cars, ambitious customs, incredible artwork and jaw dropping modifications, you MUST attend Detroit Auto Rama, one of the most incredible Michigan car shows!
Chris and I attend this Michigan muscle car show every year for inspiration, killer photos, and well, simply for the love of badass American vehicles. We have a bit of Tim the Toolman running through our veins!
When Is Detroit Autorama?
- Friday, February 24, 2023, 12 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Saturday, February 25, 2023, 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Sunday, February 26, 2023, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
A Rat Fink reunion display included the super cool Mysterion, definitely worth seeing!
- The Ed Roth Mysterion was built in 1963 and combined two Ford engines, two transmissions, plus two welded rear ends for the foundation.
How much are 2023 Detroit Autorama Tickets?
+ Where to Get Discount Tickets For Autorama
Discount Tickets Available at O'Reilly Auto Parts stores! Discount tickets are available three weeks prior to the car show dates and gives you $2 off the price of adult general admission tickets.
How much are Detroit Autorama tickets?
- General Admission car show tickets: $25.00 ($23 at O'Reilly Auto Parts stores)
- Children 6-12 years old: $10.00 ($9 at O'Reilly Auto Parts stores)
You can buy tickets at the door on the day of the show also.
Buy your tickets on the second floor at the kiosks. Cash or credit card is accepted.
What is Detroit Autorama? Only One of the Hottest Custom Car Shows in America Held In Motor City!
Detroit Autorama is an incredible gathering of custom cars, hot rods, badass trucks and sweet motorcycles all located inside Huntington Place in downtown Detroit Michigan! If you love muscle cars, customs, incredible artwork, ambitious jaw dropping modifications, and high energy, you MUST attend this Michigan car show!
- Chris and I can't think of a better showcase for hardcore American muscle than in Motor City Detroit!
The show is hosted by the Michigan Hot Rod Association (MHRH), sponsored by Meguiar's, presented by O'Reilly Auto Parts. See hot Chevy Camaros, Ford Mustangs, Barracudas and so many more!
There are Two Floors of Awesomeness at the Detroit Autorama
The 2nd floor is the main show floor that houses hot rods, custom vehicles, trucks, motorcycles, vans, TV show cars, artists, food and more. There are also venders selling neon signs, posters, county fair style toys and trinkets.
The first floor, ground level has rat rods, oddities, customs and more artists. There is usually a live band, pin up contests and other fun stuff happening here.
Who doesn't love the shady character of Ed "Big Daddy" Roth's Rat Fink! You can get shirts, hats, patches, stickers and who knows with the Rat Fink at Detroit Autoshow. You gotta love the Fink Surfboard and Ed Roth’s unique Honda Civic in the background.
We Saw Henry Winkler aka Fonzie at 2023 AutoRama! (You never know who might be there!)
Where is the Detroit Autorama? Gearheads Unite!
The Detroit Autorama is held at Huntington Place / Cobo Hall/ Cobo Center /TCF Center located at 1 Washington Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48226.
Is There Food at the Detroit Autorama?
YES! On the main floor of the show you can purchase food items such as pretzels, drinks (beer, coffee, water and soft drinks) and burgers. If you get your hand stamped, you can go out into the mezzanine for more food choices. There's salads, wraps, bbq, chicken bowls, burgers, cookies and more. Plus it give you a break from the noise of the show with great views outside. That's always my preferred eating area.
Chris and I unanimously picked this Barracuda as our favorite car this year at the Detroit Autorama. It's super hot. Chicks dig it.
See Some of the Most Incredible Hot Rods and Custom Cars In The United States!
Plan to spend at least three hours wandering Huntington Place checking out all the incredible cars, trucks, vans, TV show cars, customs and motorcycles. Automotive enthusiasts may enjoy the show even longer! Don't forget to head downstairs to see even more!
- Food: There are several choices for quick meals at Huntington Place. Generally there's tacos, burgers, fries, Ryba's fudge and more at walk up food stalls.
- Celebrity Guests: While attending, you may have a chance to get an autograph from a special celebrity guest!
The Detroit Autorama is a great chance to peek under the hood of the best muscle cars in America!
The Ridler Award Winners at Autorama Detroit
Since the 1964 Detroit Autorama, the Ridler Award is one of the United States' most prestigious automotive award! It's a coveted award by custom and hot rod car owners and builders. The Ridler Award is awarded each year to an exceptional vehicle that has “never been shown before.”
The 2023 Detroit Autorama Ridler Award goes to the 1950 Mercury owned by Luigi Deriggi.
- Deriggi’s Mercury is the second straight car to win the title from Pro-Comp Custom, who built the 2022 Ridler-winning 1931 Chevrolet. Paul Atkins built the luxurious custom interior.
Who won Ridler Award 2022?
- The 2022 Ridler Award Winner was Rick & Patty Bird of Bellefonte, PA for their lovely 1931 Chevrolet Coupe.
Awesome black Batman Car! You don't see this everyday!
So This is Cool: This is the original Dragula Coffin Car used in the TV show, "The Munsters."
This incredible car was specifically built just for "The Munsters" show that first come on air in 1966.
- The Dragula Coffin Car was built by Barris Kustom City from California.
- This car is definitely not a daily driver grocery getter...it's only driven in and out of the trailer for appearances!
- In 1966, the clear top was removed and a roll bar installed for the movie, "Munster Go Home." But the glass top was reinstalled for shows so we can see how it looked for the original "The Munsters" TV show.
See Incredible Artwork!
One of my favorite things to do at Detroit Autorama is watching talented artists create works of art right in front of your eyes! I was in love with this Harley Quinn painting!
Where to Park at Detroit Autorama
We recommend parking at Hunting Place Roof Deck Parking or the
Huntington Place Congress Street Garage. Located at 1 Washington Boulevard, Detroit, Michigan. Chris and I like to arrive at the show right at opening so we can get the rooftop parking. We park all the way to the back near Elevator 3 which is the 5th floor. Take the elevator down to the second floor where you can buy tickets and see the show.
After Chris and I finish with the main floor show (2nd floor), we grab lunch in the mezzanine area and then head down to the first floor to see the rest.
We loved the Blues Brothers Tribute car. Sometimes there's even a Blues Brothers tribute band rockin' it out!
YouTube Video Below