The Ultimate 2022 Guide of October Michigan Events, Fall Festivals, Music and Best Things to Do in Michigan This Weekend (+Cider Mills, Color Tours, Apple Picking, Pumpkin Patches, Halloween Haunted Houses and Haunted Places!)
Michigan Events and Fun Things to Do | By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Last updated: October 14, 2022
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2022 October Michigan events, fall festivals, fall activities, Halloween events, Halloween haunted houses and fun things to do in Michigan for families, couples and friends!
Grab our Boredom Zapping Ideas and Events October 2022.
Destinations: Detroit, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Petoskey, Charlevoix, Midland, South Haven, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids, Upper Peninsula and more!
Michigan Fall Festivals 2022 are full swing!
Fall activities in Michigan include: Scary haunted houses, visiting haunted places in Michigan, squash and pumpkin picking, changing leaves, bon fires and wine tasting is just a few of October 2022 events to look forward to!
Traveling Michigan in October is absolutely stunning as our nights are cool but our days are sunny and perfect for discovering forest walks!
So check out our October 2022 calendar and start traveling Michigan!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our October Michigan adventures! We hope you enjoy our October Michigan events and fun things to do!
Your October Bucket List!
Get ready to pick squash and pumpkins in October!!
You just gotta visit these October Michigan Cider Mills and Apple Orchards this fall!
And fall just isn't fall without picking out your own pumpkins from these awesome Michigan Pumpkin Patches!
Over 40 Scary Michigan Haunted Houses
16 Spooky Haunted Places in Michigan
And...October isn't October without going to spooky haunted houses in Michigan! There are so many Halloween events that you can't miss!
Oh, if you like everything that goes bump in the night, you need to read about Michigan's spooky houses, asylum, steam tunnels, haunted bridge and abandoned places.
What about a haunted ship?
What is there to do in Michigan in October 2022 near me?
Holy moly! There are so many things to do in October Michigan near you! Lot's of Michigan fall festivals in 2022.
There's haunted houses, scary haunted places to visit, tons of pumpkin patches to pick pumpkins, apple barns for apple picking and hard cider (oh, and donuts!) and corn mazes galore! Visit the Tunnel of Trees!
Keep reading for inspiration, maps and tons of information on October Michigan events and activities!!
What are the Events in October?
-events in October 2022
So we've been asked, "What are the best events in October in Michigan?" Well, my friends, we pulled together a great list of Michigan events, activities, festivals and fun things to do below! Lots of events in Detroit, Traverse City and all across Michigan!
There's fall and harvest festivals, best places to go pumpkin picking, haunted houses, cider mills, apple picking, train tours and art festivals like ArtPrize!
Keep reading for more information!
THE BEST October Michigan Events 2022 and Michigan Fall Festivals 2022
There are so many things happening in October Michigan 2022, check it out!
- Michigan Renaissance Festival, Holly Michigan. Weekends & Labor Day 10am - 7pm, Aug. 20-October 2, 2022. Also, Friday, September 30, 2022. We are going this year, I'm so excited! Located at 12600 Dixie Hwy., Holly, MI. This is one heck of a great October Michigan event, we have gone many times!
- ArtPrize is back! Returning to Grand Rapids September 15 - October 2, 2022, Downtown Grand Rapids. Fun things to do in October Michigan 2022.
- Chrysanthemums & More! Fredrick Meijer Gardens, Grand Rapids, MI September 16, 2022 - October 30, 2022. At Chrysanthemums & More explore their exquisite gardens and grounds—indoors and out
- Henry Ford Museum: Hero's and Villains, The Art of Disney Costumes June 25, 2022 – January 1, 2023, Time: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Skip's European Farmers Market, Open each Saturday and Sunday – 9am to 3pm – May 14 thru October 9, 2022 Beginning Saturday, May 14 and every Saturday and Sunday (weather permitting) stretching through mid-October, great locally produced vegetables, fruits, jellies, jams, salsas, bread, maple syrup, homemade soaps, cut flowers, potted plants, eggs, cheeses, pastries, meats, sausages, fresh-made food products, art, jewelry, clothing and more will be available at New Buffalo European Farmers Market at Skip’s Restaurant. 16710 Lakeshore Rd (corner of Red Arrow Highway and Lakeshore Road), just north of New Buffalo.
- Experience the Hackley and Hume Historic Site AFTER DARK! See all five floors of the houses on this classic tour offered on the first Friday of every month May – October from 9-10 pm. Muskegon.
- Annual Oktoberfest, September 30, 2022 - October 1, 2022. Entry $5, under-21 Free. Carpathia Club, 38000 Utica Road, Sterling Heights. Live bands, cultural food, and a Father’s Day picnic!
- Scarecrows in Kellogg Park 2022 - Are you looking for a Fun Fall Activity for your family? Check out 100 scarecrows on display from September 23 through Halloween 24/7 in Downtown Plymouth in Kellogg Park.
- Frankenmuth Corn Maze Weekends, 5450 Weiss Rd, Frankenmuth, MI, September 23-Oct 30, 2022
Admission: $8-$12. Voted Mid-Michigan’s #1 corn maze several years in a row! Five acres of towering corn stalks, two miles of twisted trails, and strategically located observation bridges within three interconnected mazes await you at the Frankenmuth Corn Maze. Enjoy hayrides to the dairy farm Saturdays and Sundays from 1-5 pm. We love this October Michigan event!
- Post Family Fun Farm Days, Post Family Farm, 5801 Bauer Road,
Hudsonville, MI. Fun Farm Days 2022 Dates: M – F, Sept. 12 – Nov. 4, Sat., Sept. 10 and Nov. 5 Admission: $6/person (ages 2+)
Corn Maze: $2/person (ages 2+) Monday – Thursday: noon – 7pm, Friday: noon – 6pm, Saturday: 10am – 4pm. Admission includes: Hayride to the Pumpkin Patch (pumpkin price based on size), Pumpkin Train Ride, Friendly farm animals, Outdoor play areas + Homemade Pumpkin Donuts and award-winning Apple Cider are available for purchase during your visit.
- Fall Fest Weekends - Pond Hill Farms, Harbor Springs, MI. September 23, 2022 - October 24, 2022. Saturdays and Sundays, 10 am -6 pm. Hayrides, pumpkin patch, cider, donuts, pumpkin bowling, cute animals, pumpkin bowling, pumpkin smashing, beer, wine, cider, pizza and more!
- AMERICAN SPEED FESTIVAL - M1 Concourse, September 29 - October 2, 2022. Celebrate some of the greatest drivers, designers, and cars in motorsports! The American Speed Festival features several days of live driving demonstrations on the M1 Concourse’s 1.5-mile circuit. Tickets include access to The M1 Concourse property, parking, access to the Pit Stop Alley (Premium Food Trucks), Arena Biergarten, Lifestyle Pavilion, all show cars, all display cars, RSTEs (on Sunday, Oct. 2 if you purchase that ticket day), R/C off-road racetrack, Awards show, music, and entertainment. Buy your tickets early: Daily admission to the American Speed Festival is $75.00. The Drive and Dine tour is $200. Freakin' awesome October Michigan festival.
- Michigan's Big Country Fest-September 30-October 1, 2022, Heritage Park, 601 Weiss St, Frankenmuth, MI. This festival will be held inside the Harvey Kern Community Pavilion. It is a fully enclosed pavilion so it’s protected from the weather, and we have heat.
Stop in for awesome bands, a mechanical bull, bloody Mary bar, craft beer flights, food trucks, free line dancing lessons, cornhole tournament and more! Admission is $7 per person to get into the festival pavilion where everything takes place. Buy your tickets now. All ages are welcome, children 5 and under are free to get in. Popular events October 1, 2022!
- Haunted Adventure at Turkeyville - 18935 15 1/2 Mile Road, Marshall, MI. October 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16 22, 23, 29, 30, 2022. Hours: Saturday 12 pm - 6 pm and Sunday 12 pm - 5 pm.
Spooky Hay Ride, Corn Maze, Haunted Barn and a Ghoulish Train
Pumpkins for kids too! Enjoy homemade spice donuts and apple cider!
- Annual Harvest Fest at The Highlands on Saturday, October 1, 2022. 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM for a fall-themed day! Take a scenic chairlift ride to Upper Camelot, to see beautiful fall colors and Michigan views. At the top, there will be activities including face painting, cookie decorating, toy in a haystack, burlap sack racing, pumpkin ring toss, yard games, and s’mores! Plus cider and donuts!
- Harvest Fest, Flushing, MI October 1, 2022, 9:30-4:00 p.m. Flushing’s Harvest Festival is an annual event for the whole family. This fun Michigan autumn festival is locate along Main Street! The street will be lined with homemade scarecrows created by community members and businesses. Prizes will be awarded to the top three scarecrows. Other activities include, apple pie baking contest, pie eating contest, chalk art contest, beard contest, and chili cook off, along with local entertainment, dance shows, pumpkin painting, arts/crafts, and more! Don't miss this fun October Michigan event!
- Annual Boathouse Beer, Wine & Cocktail Sampling Fundraiser! Sample, explore and help RESTORE this historic architecture masterpiece! Boat House Beer, Wine and Cocktail Fest 2022 at Belle Isle, Detroit, MI. Sat, October 1, 2022, 3:00 PM – 6:30 PM at Belle Isle Boat House, East Picnic Way, Detroit, MI. Help restore the Boathouse! Sip brews on the river, enjoy the lawn and acoustic live music under the historic Band Shell. Explore the grand architecture of the building including the ballroom, the dance hall and the balconies overlooking the Detroit River.
- International Festival of Holland, Holland Civic Center, October 1, 2022
- Fall Craft Show at Kalamazoo Expo Center, October 1, 2022, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m Expo North, Main Expo. Fun things to do in October Michigan 2022.
- Fall Festival in Beulah – October 1, 2022, Beulah Park, 10 am - 5 pm, Pumpkin Decorating, ‘Lord of the Gourd’, Sidewalk Chalk Art, Kids Games, Face Painting, Mask and Trick or Treat Bag Decorating, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show, Horse Drawn Wagon Rides and more! I'm excited for this October Michigan festival in Beulah!
- Sturgis Barbeque Fest – Sturgis, October 1, 2022, Noon to 7 pm. Beer Tent, Music DJ (12 pm - 4 pm), Dessert Food Trucks, Classic Car Cruise-In, Bounce Houses for The Kids, Pumpkin Painting Activities, Corn hole tournament, beard contest. Your kids will love this October Michigan barbeque festival!
- Skeletons Alive! October 1, 2022 in downtown Northville. See fire trucks! Cider, cotton candy and popcorn!
- Harvest Festival – Flushing! Enjoy the Flushing Harvest Festival on Saturday, October 1, 2022 from 9:30 am - 4:00 pm! Main Street will be lined with homemade scarecrows with prizes. It's such a perfect October Michigan festival! Apple pie baking contest, pie eating contest, chalk art contest, beard contest, and chili cook off, along with local entertainment, dance shows, pumpkin painting, arts/crafts, and more! What says "Michigan fall has arrived" better then apple pie, pumpkins and chili?!
- Onekama Fall Festival, October 1, 2022, The Onekama Fall Festival takes place every year in the Village Park with lots of free activities and fun! Scarecrows, hay rides, pumpkin decorating and events. October Michigan fun family friendly events!
- 2022 Midland/Saginaw Fall Parade of Homes-October 1, 2 and 9, 2022, 1-5 pm. Popular weekend activities and events October 2022.
- Whispering Pines Exotic Animal Petting Zoo will be at Warmbier Farms on 2 days, October 1 and 2, 2022. Free of charge to come and see and pet the animals. 5300 Garfield Road, Auburn, MI
Frankenmuth is also one of our favorite places to visit in Michigan in October!
There's horse drawn carriages, boat rides, fudge, famous fried chicken, shopping and ...
More Fun Events In October 2022 and Fall Things to Do in Michigan
There are so many things to do in Michigan in October 2022, check it out!
- Red Flannel Festival, Cedar Springs - October 1, 2022 (always the first Saturday in October!). Live music, craft fair and carnival. Saturday is the grand parade, art fair, car show and High School Marching Band Competition. Popular events October 1 2022.
- Turkeyville Fall Festival and Arts and Craft Show - Saturday, October 1, 2022 - October 2, 2022. 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. Come on out and enjoy Michigan's lovely fall weather with Turkeyville's fall festival and craft show! Homemade donuts and apple cider along with great vendors. What fun events in October 2022!
- Fall Harvest Festival, October 1, 2022 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Chippewa Nature Center, Midland, MI. One of Chippewa Nature Center's largest events of the year! Fun events October 1 2022! Demonstrations and programs will focus on autumn traditions of the 19th century. Super fun fall festivals near you!
- Detroit Harvest Fest and Food Truck Rally - October 1-2, 2022.The Detroit Riverfront Conservancy invites you and your family to the Detroit Harvest Fest & Food Truck Rally! Featuring 60+ food trucks, six music stages and fun Harvest Fest Activities for the whole family. Location: The Dequindre Cut Greenway from 11 am-8 pm. Admission is $5 at the gate and FREE for children 5 and under!
- The District Detroit Art Walk Series, October 1, 2022 from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. Located at 1 W Columbia Street between the Fox Theatre and Little Caesars Global Resource Center. $5 parking will be available at the Fox Garage located at 50 W Montcalm.
- Huron Township Apple Festival - Oct 1 - 2, 2022, Downtown New Boston, MI. Come down to New Boston for apple pie contests, fiddlers, dancers, and general apple fun. So many fun things to do in Michigan in the fall!
- Hess-Hathaway Harvest Happening, Sunday, October 2, 2022, 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM. 825 S. Williams Lake Road. Exciting event for the entire family!
Come enjoy the hayrides, pony rides, bouncers, children’s contests and crafts, entertainment for adults and children, crafters, bake sale, food concessions, historical house tours and games, pumpkin patch and more! This is a popular fall festival in Michigan.
- 8th Annual Fall Harvest Fossil Festival – Alpena, October 3, 2022. The Annual Fall Harvest Fossil Festival is held at the Besser Museum, Alpena
More Things to do in Michigan in October 2022 and Popular Fall Festivals in Michigan
- Halloween in Greenfield Village - October 6-9, 13-16, 20-23, 27-30, 2022. 4:00 - 9:30 p.m. Tickets go on sale early September and sell out quickly. We have tickets for 2022 and are super excited to explore Greenfield Village at Halloween! SOLD OUT. One of our favorite fall activities in Michigan!
- Bruckelaufe (Bridge Race), October 7, 2022. The Frankenmuth Jaycee's sponsor the Brukelaufe Half Marathon and 5K. The Bruckelaufe crosses 13 scenic bridges during its 13.1 mile course.
- Michigan Mineralogical Society Show - October 7, 2022 - October 9, 2022. Hours: Fri 9:00-6:00, Sat 10:00-7:00, Sun 11:00-5:00 at the Macomb Community College - South Campus Expo Hall located at 14500 E Twelve Mile Rd, Warren, MI. Popular Detroit events October 2022.
- Halloween Stroll at Canterbury Village - October 7th, 8th, 9th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th & 30th 2022. 5:30pm - 8:00pm each day, buy tickets early online. Lake Orion Canterbury Village's Halloween Stroll is a family friendly event hosted all outdoors. Stroll through the quaint Village featuring multiple encounters and exhibits with characters along a path lit by orange glowing lamp posts and hand-carved jack-o-lanterns. Passing through pumpkin trees, spooky carousel house, scarecrow row, singing skeletons, tunnel of fun and more! Enjoy hot chocolate, cider and donuts, and various food on the C Pub patio.
- Northwood University International Auto Show, (Midland Michigan), 2022 Fall Show: October 7, 8, 9, 2022.
In its 59th year, the Northwood University International Auto Show (NUIAS) is the largest outdoor new car show in North America! Northwood University students work tirelessly to display over 500 vehicles from 65 manufacturers. NUIAS is free as is the parking.
Did you know this popular October Michigan event is 100% student run? We've gone to this show several times and highly recommend it. It's one of our favorite October Michigan things to do.
- Grand Ledge Fall Festival - Friday, October 7 & Saturday, October 8, 2022 at Jaycee Park, Island Park, and Bridge Street Plaza. This fun fall Michigan festival is free and open to everyone 9:00 AM -5:00 PM. Enjoy crafters and vendors with pottery, wood work, candles, handmade craft items around three different parks. Free pumpkins for kids, fall photo booth, pony rides, a petting zoo, food trucks, the Grand Princess Riverboat will be doing rides along the river to see the fall colors, and we even have some re-enactors and demonstrators of live art.
- Fall Artisan Market, Windmill Island Gardens, Holland, MI. Saturday, October 7 and 8, 2022.Time: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. An eclectic group of artisans will display their handmade, original works on the grounds of beautiful Windmill Island Gardens for this Michigan fall event. $5 entry to Windmill Island.
- Somewhere in Time Weekend, Grand Hotel, 286 Grand Avenue,
Mackinac Island, MI, October 7, 2022 - October 9, 2022. Their Somewhere in Time Weekend is one of the most popular and special events during the Grand Hotel season. It’s perfect for movie lovers who want to know the cinematic secrets of the timeless romantic classic, and a chance to visit with many people who played a role in the movie. You are invited to dress in costume at the cocktail receptions and costume promenade. Breakfast and dinner are also included daily, where you can enjoy dining in elegant costumes in their Main Dining Room. Book early! Super fun October Michigan event and fun family activities!
- Pumpkinfest - Zeeland, MI October 7 and 8, 2022.
- Movie in the Cemetery, annual Movie in the Cemetery is a fundraiser held at the historic Redford Cemetery. Come out for a creepy night of Halloween fun! Oct 8, 2022, 7:30 PM -11:30 PM. Location: Redford Cemetery, 15940 Telegraph Rd, Redford Charter Township, MI. Fun October events. October 8, 7:30pm: Ghostbusters (1984), rated PG, 1 hr 45 min and 10:45pm: A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), rated R, 1 hr 31 min. Tickets are available at the gate, but you'll still have to purchase your ticket online. No cash payments will be accepted. Super fun October Michigan event and fun family activities!
- 28th Annual Appleumpkin Festival, October 8th and 9th, 2022, Festival Hours: Sat. 9-6 and Sun. 10-5 Tecumseh, MI. Fun for the entire family! Midway rides & carnival games, inflatables (fee), Bungee Jump (fee). Make-it-take-it crafts, corn box and kid's putt putt golf, helicopter rides - (fee) and monster truck rides (fee). Super fun October Michigan event!
- Michigan Antique Festival - October 8-9, 2022. Saturday 8 am-6 pm & Sunday 9 am-4 pm, $10 per person – 11 & under free! Free Parking. 12451 Andersonville Rd. Davisburg. One of our favorite events in October!
About 1000 Vendors selling Antiques, Folk Art, Crafts, and unique items. Check out the auto & truck show, parts & accessories swap meet, and huge auto for sale lot. Indoor and outdoor event held rain or shine. You will love this high energy October Michigan festival!
It's Michigan Fall Color Tour Time!
Drive the Spectacular Michigan Tunnel of Trees Route - See Our Map
More Michigan Fall Activities and Things to Do in Michigan in October 2022
If you are searching for super fun October Festivals 2022 near me, we've got 'em!
- Annual New Buffalo Harvest & Wine Festival, October 8, 2022, a full day of live music, wine/beer, artisan vendors, & lots of family fun. 12 noon to 9pm eastern standard time. North Whittaker Street, New Buffalo, MI
- CraneFest XXVII by Kiwanis Club of Battle Creek on October 8 & 9, 2022, from noon until dusk. See art by local artists featuring outdoor themes, vendors and other outdoor-minded groups offering an array of wares and tastes. Experience live animal exhibits, participate in youth activities, and roam the color-coded trails in search of seasonal birds and wildlife. As dusk approaches, be in the viewing areas on the lakeshore and witness thousands of migrating Sandhill Cranes gather and touch down into Big Marsh Lake. They appreciate $7 for your weekend car parking (buses $1 per person). See you at the Kiwanis Youth Conservation Area, 22300 15 Mile Rd., Bellevue, MI for this incredible October Michigan event.
- Hallowe’en Fairy Tale Feast, A spooky supper for the littlest ghosts and ghouls at Greenfield Village, October 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, 29-30, 2022 SOLD OUT for 2022. Time: 4:00- 5:00 p.m. Your family will love these fun fall activities in Michigan!
- Annual Garden City Chili Cook Off, Hot Rod and Motorcycle Show, October 8, 2022, 5805 Central / Farmers Market Lot, Garden City, MI. See a 25 team chili cook-off, enjoy live music, beer, kids fun activities, local artisan vendors, food trucks, and more.
Annual Garden City Car Show Registration opens at 9 am. The beer tent opens at 11 am. Chili tickets on sale at noon. Free Shuttle service until 5pm. Fun October events and things to do in October 2022.
- Motor City Comic Con, October 14-16, 2022 at the Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River Ave, Novi, MI 48374. Contests, autographs, photo ops!
- Charlevoix's Applefest, October 14-16, 2022, Fri & Sat 10 am-6 pm, Sun 10 am-4 pm. Downtown Charlevoix: East Park, Bridge Park, Mason Street Experience the magic of autumn in northern Michigan! Let's support local farmers, orchards and non-profit organizations while celebrating the season in scenic downtown Charlevoix this October. So many fun October 2022 events!
- Bourbon and Brews Festival at Bowers Farm, 1219 E Square Lake Rd. Bloomfield Hills, MI. Saturday, October 15, 2022, 6pm – 10pm, 21+. A Taste of Fall: Celebrate fall on Bowers Farm's 97 lovely acres! 150+ varieties of bourbon, whiskey, craft beer, wine & cocktails! This working farm has a pumpkin patch, barnyard animals, and fall wagon rides for VIP guests. Super fun Michigan fall festival!
- NEW SkyBridge at Boyne Mountain- THE WORLD’S LONGEST TIMBER-TOWERED SUSPENSION BRIDGE is opening on October 15 at 10 am. Panoramic valley views and extensive light displays are incredible! Open year round, every season is spectacular to take in the views from this architectural masterpiece. SkyBridge Michigan is constructed between the peaks of McLouth to Disciples Ridge. Ride the historic Hemlock Scenic Chairlift to the mountain’s top, then venture out along the exhilarating 1,200-foot long and 118-foot high pedestrian bridge.
- Arts & Crafts Festival, October 15, 2022 at 9:30 am - 4:00 pm. New Buffalo High School, 1112 E Clay St, New Buffalo, MI. More than 90 arts and crafts booths, baked goodies, and luncheon foods will be for sale from 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Fun October Michigan event and fun family activity!
- Smetanka Arts & Crafts Show, October 15, 2022 - Harvey Kern Pavilion, Frankenmuth. Oct. 29 - Macomb Community College Expo Center - Warren
- Bowers School Farm, Fall Festival, October 15-16, 2022
- Scarecrow Fest, Frankenmuth, October 15, 16, 2022 and October 22 and 23, 2022. The first weekend of Scarecrow Fest is Dogs Weekend on Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16, with the Rock N Roll K9s Performance Team putting on shows. Scarecrow Fest will also be held the weekend of October 22 and 23, 2022, with the theme of Kids Weekend! Family-friendly festival at Frankenmuth River Place Shops! We love this October Michigan event!
- Pumpkin Chunkin, October 15-16, 2022 and October 22-23, 2022, 10 AM – 5 PM, Wellington Farm Park, 6944 S Military Rd, Grayling, MI
- The Fast &Furriest 5K Run/Walk, Great Lakes Bay Animal Society annual fundraiser. October 15, 2022 at the Midland City Forest.
- Detroit Fairytale Ball, Sunday, October 16, 2022, 9:00am - 6:30pm at the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center, 15801 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, Michigan. Sign up for time slots. Royal Entrance, Princess Vocal Performance, Princess Dance Performance, Crafts, Games, Portraits, Princess Parade, Pixie Wishes, Sing-A-Long, Autographs, and Coronation Ceremony. What a fun September Michigan event for kids!
- Ghosts of Lighthouse Point- October 20-22, 2022 for Ghosts of Lighthouse Point, ghostly fundraising tour of Lighthouse Park. Kid-friendly, 7:00-8:00; 12 and over only 8:00-10:00. Tickets available October 1, 2022
- Pumpkin Carving, October 22, 2022, 10 AM – 4 PM, and October 23, 2022, 11 AM – 3 PM Wellington Farm Park, 6944 S Military Rd, Grayling, MI Fun October Michigan event and fun family activity!
- Smetanka Arts & Crafts Show, October 22 - 31, 2022 at Davison High School - Davison, MI
- Trunk or Treat & Scary Silent Movie
at the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant, 461 Piquette Ave, Detroit, MI. Saturday, October 22, 4:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Kids can safely enjoy Halloween at a classic Trunk or Treat event between 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. The ghosts and ghouls of Piquette will hand out Halloween candy and toys throughout the museum. Trunk or Treat tickets are $12. From 8-10 p.m., adults (18+) can enjoy cars, cocktails and costumes plus a showing of the original vampire movie, silent film Nosferatu, with funky organ music. Tickets for the Scary Silent Movie portion of the evening are $15, cash bar. Date and timeMon, October 18, 202111:00 AM – 2:00 PM EDT
- Monster's Ball Detroit 2022- "Detroit's Largest Annual Halloween Party" welcomes 2,000+ haunted souls! Saturday, October 22, 2022, 8 pm-2:00 am at the Russell Industrial Center, 1600 Clay Street Detroit, MI. 21+
Detroit's Hottest DJs spinning and performances by Haunted Circus Performers, including: Stilt Walkers - High Wire Aerialists - Acrobats - Illusionists - Fire Performers - Stage Performers - Multiple Levels - Multiple Stages - Midnight Pizza Buffet. Spooky October Michigan event!
- Family Fun Weekend and Craft Show, Montrose Orchards, October 22 and October 23, 2022. Montrose Orchards, 12473 Seymour Rd, Montrose, MI 48457. Enjoy fall fun for the whole family! Hay rides, pumpkin picking, apple cider, and lots more! 9am-6pm Saturday and Sunday! 9 am -6 pm.
- Michigan Brewers Guild 13th Annual Detroit Fall Beer Festival, October 22, 2022, 1:00 PM- 6:00 Eastern Market, Detroit, MI. The Michigan Brewers Guild's Detroit Fall Beer Festival at Eastern Market is one of the largest all-Michigan beer tastings around! Enjoy food from Detroit area restaurants (available for purchase) and listen to a talented line-up of local musicians. Fun fall things to do in Michigan!
- Pumpkin Palooza, October 23, 2022 in Plymouth MI
- Dinner Down on the Farm, Montrose Orchards, Thursday, October 27, 2022, 6:00 PM 8:00 PM. RSVP Required.
Cute October Finds - Fall Tumbler and Fall Women's T Shirt
How stinkin' cute are these "Flannels, Hayrides, Pumpkins, Sweaters and Bonfires" tumbler and matching fall shirt? Cute fall gifts on Etsy!
More Things to do in the Fall in Michigan and Top Michigan Events October 2022
If you are wondering if there are any fun October festivals 2022 near me, just keep checking out our incredible list of things to do in the fall in Michigan!
- Lightsaber Pub Crawls, October 29, 2022, Ann Arbor, $15,000 costume contest! 12 pm 6 pm. Super fun Ann Arbor events October 2022.
- Halloweekend Hangover Pub Crawl Detroit, October 29, 2022
- Smetanka Arts & Crafts Show, October 29, 2022 - Macomb Community College Expo Center - Warren, Michigan
- Harvest Festival, October 29, 2022, Saranac, MI Hotdogs, donuts, cider, pumpkin decorating, shopping, chili cookoff and truck or treat.
- Halloween Bash at Splash, Zehnder's Splash Village,1365 S .Main Street, Frankenmuth, MI 48734. October 28, 2022 and October 29, 2022. On Friday, activities begin at 5 p.m. with Halloween crafts, story time, donuts and apple cider. Trick or Treat walk, enjoy popcorn and a bedtime Halloween movie to complete the evening. More fun on Saturday! Book early!
- Halloween Children's Parade & Downtown Trick-Or-Treating, Petoskey Saturday, October 29, 2022
9:45 AM - 7:00 PM. Children's Halloween Parade is at 10:00 am. Line up at Central Elementary School beginning at 9:45 am. The parade will start at 10 am and march from Central Elementary down Howard Street to Pennsylvania Park in Downtown Petoskey.
- Official Detroit Halloween Bar Crawl- October 31, 2022 Admission into the top rated bars in Detroit!
So many fun things happening in October 2022, you will never be bored!
Michigan Halloween Events 2022 (Scariest, Most Freakin' Awesome)
Top Michigan Halloween Events, Festivals, Zoo Boo's, Bar Crawls, and Fun!
Are you are searching for Michigan Halloween events 2022?
We've got the Top 2022 Michigan Halloween Events, Parties, Zoo Boo's, Bar Crawls, Festivals, October Things to do in Michigan, State Park Events!
What is Michigan like in October?
Michigan is absolutely stunning in October as the trees are changing and the days are crisp. It's perfect for hiking, biking and exploring as the bugs are minimal and the weather tends to be pretty moderate.
However, the temperatures can vary from needing a t-shirt to a full winter coat, so if you are visiting Michigan, be sure to check the weather before you pack!
We have toured Sleeping Bear Dunes in t shirts in October and by the end of the week we needed our winter jackets, so as the saying goes, "if you don't like the weather, wait a day!"
So many fun things happening in Michigan October 2022!
Have you Ever Picked Chestnuts?
Kastanu Farms has U Pick Chestnuts usually ready in October for you to pick on the weekends. Check their Facebook Page for info! What an awesome October Michigan event!
The address to check in for U-Pick is: 11943 Campbell Rd., Kewadin, MI 49648
Where to Go Leaf Peeping and See the Best Fall Color in Michigan!
Michigan in Fall: Where to see the best fall colors!
Go guys, you can't go into October without going for a drive to see Michigan's fall colors. It's just wrong! So, grab our Michigan in Fall guide of our favorite places to see the fall colors!
Michigan Farms to Visit in October (Can You Say DONUTS?!)
Best Michigan Apple Cider Mills
Chris and I absolutely love fall! Our weekends are spent visiting Michigan Best Apple Cider Mills and Orchards. By the way, Uncle John's Cider Mill is quite incredible if you haven't been there before!
We also love picking out our favorite pumpkins at Michigan's Best Pumpkin Farms. Oh, and don't forget to run through some Corn Mazes!
Best Apple Orchards for Apple Picking This Fall
Grab our HUGE LIST of the Best Michigan Apple Orchards for Apple Picking with your friends and family this fall season.
Gull Meadow Farms-Richland, MI. Pumpkins, delicious donuts and a corn maze. We used to go there weekly when we lived in the area. There is a train for kids and a tractor drawn hay wagon for the whole family. Great place!! What a fun October Michigan event! We love it!
Uncle Johns Cider Mill-8614 US-127, St Johns, MI. Gorgeous barn with hard ciders and treats!
Grandma's Pumpkin Patch-4277 N Eastman Rd, Midland, MI 48642
Leaman's Green Applebarn-7475 N. River Road, Freeland, MI. Cider and donuts are a must. Baked goods are outstanding!
Baynes Apple Valley-5395 Midland Road, Freeland, MI Awarded Mid-Michigan's Best Orchard 3 years in a row! Great homemade baked goods and fresh pressed pure apple cider. We love grabbing a sandwich in the cute shop and grabbing some fresh cider on the way out! Great place to meet friends during October Michigan afternoons!
Coveyou Scenic Farms-4160 US-131, Petoskey, MI We loved our stop at Coveyou Scenic Farm market, the owners are super friendly and the market has so many great things! We purchased bottles of syrup and a pumpkin!
Pond Hill Farms-5699 S Lake Shore Dr, Harbor Springs, MI. If you are out and about for Michigan fall color tours, be sure to stop at Pond Hill Farms to enjoy fresh warm donuts and cider around their bon fire! There's a cafe and pumpkin launching too! Super fun October Michigan things to do!
When Will the Fall Colors Peek in Michigan?
When will the leaves change color in 2022? Grab our Michigan Fall Color Map for the estimated dates of when Michigan's fall colors will emerge!
Embark on Michigan Fall Color Tours by Train!
Pere-Marquette 1225 Color Tour Train- The Museum Operations Support Manager of the Steam Railroading Institute told us all Fall Color Tours for 2021 have been cancelled but they plan on having the North Pole Express this November and December.
190 W. Cass Street, Cadillac, MI. The Steam Railroading Institute will be commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Michigan State University Railroad Club and their initial restoration of the 1225 with an all-day excursion behind the world-famous steam locomotive.
North Pole Express - (FOR PLANNING AHEAD PURPOSES AS IT SELLS OUT VERY QUICKLY)- Departing from Owosso, MI. Embark on a nostalgic journey back in time to the Christmas of yesteryear when you climb aboard the North Pole Express, pulled by the world-famous Pere Marquette 1225! Depart from the Steam Railroading Institute for a four-hour, round trip excursion to the Village of Ashley’s Country Christmas.
Chris and I had an absolutely incredible time, it was well worth the money!
We hope you enjoy our exciting October Michigan events and ideas of fun things to do!
Don't miss a moment of October Michigan events and fun! Join our newsletter to have events and fun delivered directly to your inbox!
Thanksgiving Is Just Around the Corner!
Pin This Michigan October Events Page
October Michigan Events and Fun Things to Do
Travel-mi.com is not directly associated with local events. Information about these events is provided for planning purposes. While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this data, we cannot be held responsible for changes in dates, venues, etc.
What Michigan Events Are Coming Up Next?
See what's happening in Michigan in November and in December! There are so many fun festivals, events, shows and fun things to do in Michigan!
Michigan Monthly Events and Fun Things To Do
Want to see what's happening in all the months throughout the year? Check out our January - December Events and Activities!
Need More Inspiration! Check out my posts about these destinations for more FUN THINGS TO DO IN MICHIGAN!
Disclaimer: Please be sure to visit a particular event's website to verify dates, times, happenings and details. We make every possible effort to be verify these the event details but as we are human, mistakes can occur and event dates/times can change. If you see an error below, PLEASE let us know and we will correct it.
Event Centers in Michigan
Still bored? Don't forget to check these Michigan event centers/theaters/auditoriums across Michigan for concerts, events, shows or comedy entertainment!
Here are a few Michigan event centers to inspire you!
- Cobo Hall-Detroit
- Midland Center for the Arts-Midland
- Dow Gardens-Midland
- Kalamazoo State Theatre
- Fire Keepers Casino
- Soaring Eagle Casino-Mt. Pleasant
- Wings Event Center-Kalamazoo
- Miller Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Civic Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Chenery Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Kellogg Arena-Battle Creek
- LMC Mendel Center-Benton Harbor
- Franke Center for the Arts-Marshall
- The Bob-Grand Rapids
- Van Andel-Grand Rapids
- Devos Place-Grand Rapids
- Dow Event Center-Saginaw
Being bored sucks! Never miss another event! Join our network of Traveling Michigan Explorers! Be a part of this amazing community of travelers!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Check Out Our Traveling Michigan Videos on Youtube!
Check out our off-road Keweenaw Peninsula adventures on YouTube!
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...