The Ultimate 2022 Guide of October Michigan Events, Fall Festivals, Music and Best Things to Do in Michigan This Weekend (+Cider Mills, Color Tours, Pumpkin Patches and Halloween Haunted Houses!)
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2022 October Michigan events, fall festivals, fall activities, Halloween events, Halloween haunted houses and fun things to do in Michigan for families, couples and friends!
Grab our Boredom Zapping Ideas and Events October 2022.
Destinations: Detroit, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Petoskey, Charlevoix, Midland, South Haven, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids, Upper Peninsula and more!
Michigan Fall Festivals 2022 are full swing!
Fall activities in Michigan include: Scary haunted houses, visiting haunted places in Michigan, squash and pumpkin picking, changing leaves, bon fires and wine tasting is just a few of October 2022 events to look forward to!
Traveling Michigan in October is absolutely stunning as our nights are cool but our days are sunny and perfect for discovering forest walks!
So check out our October 2022 calendar and start traveling Michigan!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our October Michigan adventures! We hope you enjoy our October Michigan events and fun things to do!
Get ready to pick squash and pumpkins in October!!
You just gotta visit these Michigan Cider Mills and Apple Orchards this fall!
And fall just isn't fall without picking out your own pumpkins from these awesome Michigan Pumpkin Patches!
What October without going to spooky haunted houses in Michigan?
Oh, if you like everything that goes bump in the night, you need to read about Michigan's spooky houses, asylum, steam tunnels, haunted bridge and abandoned places.
What about a haunted ship?
What is there to do in Michigan in October 2022 near me?
Holy moly! There are so many things to do in October in Michigan near you! Lot's of Michigan fall festivals in 2022.
There's haunted houses, scary haunted places to visit, tons of pumpkin patches to pick pumpkins, apple barns for apple picking and hard cider (oh, and donuts!) and corn mazes galore! Visit the Tunnel of Trees!
Keep reading for inspiration, maps and tons of information!
What are the Events in October?
-events in October 2022
So we've been asked, "What are the best events in October in Michigan?" Well, my friends, we pulled together a great list of Michigan events, activities, festivals and fun things to do below! Lots of events in Detroit, Traverse City and all across Michigan!
There's fall and harvest festivals, best places to go pumpkin picking, haunted houses, cider mills, apple picking, train tours and art festivals like ArtPrize!
Keep reading for more information!
THE BEST October Michigan Events 2022 and Michigan Fall Festivals 2022
There are so many things happening in October 2022, check it out!
- Michigan Renaissance Festival, Holly Michigan. Weekends & Labor Day 10am - 7pm, Aug. 20-October 2, 2022. Located at 12600 Dixie Hwy., Holly, MI. This is one heck of a great event, we have gone many times!
- ArtPrize is back! Returning to Grand Rapids September 15 - October 2, 2022, Downtown Grand Rapids. Fun things to do in October Michigan 2022.
- Experience the Hackley and Hume Historic Site AFTER DARK! See all five floors of the houses on this classic tour offered on the first Friday of every month May – October from 9-10 pm. Muskegon.
- Annual Oktoberfest, September 30, 2022 - October 1, 2022. Entry $5, under-21 Free. Carpathia Club, 38000 Utica Road, Sterling Heights. Live bands, cultural food, and a Father’s Day picnic!
- AMERICAN SPEED FESTIVAL - M1 Concourse, September 29 - October 2, 2022. Celebrate some of the greatest drivers, designers, and cars in motorsports! The American Speed Festival features several days of live driving demonstrations on the M1 Concourse’s 1.5-mile circuit. Tickets include access to The M1 Concourse property, parking, access to the Pit Stop Alley (Premium Food Trucks), Arena Biergarten, Lifestyle Pavilion, all show cars, all display cars, RSTEs (on Sunday, Oct. 2 if you purchase that ticket day), R/C off-road racetrack, Awards show, music, and entertainment. Buy your tickets early: Daily admission to the American Speed Festival is $75.00. The Drive and Dine tour is $200.
- Frankenmuth Corn Maze Weekends, 5450 Weiss Rd, Frankenmuth, MI, September 23-Oct 30, 2022
Admission: $8-$12. Voted Mid-Michigan’s #1 corn maze several years in a row! Five acres of towering corn stalks, two miles of twisted trails, and strategically located observation bridges within three interconnected mazes await you at the Frankenmuth Corn Maze. Enjoy hayrides to the dairy farm Saturdays and Sundays from 1-5 pm.
- Post Family Fun Farm Days, Post Family Farm, 5801 Bauer Road,
Hudsonville, MI. Fun Farm Days 2022 Dates: M – F, Sept. 12 – Nov. 4, Sat., Sept. 10 and Nov. 5 Admission: $6/person (ages 2+)
Corn Maze: $2/person (ages 2+) Monday – Thursday: noon – 7pm, Friday: noon – 6pm, Saturday: 10am – 4pm. Admission includes: Hayride to the Pumpkin Patch (pumpkin price based on size), Pumpkin Train Ride, Friendly farm animals, Outdoor play areas + Homemade Pumpkin Donuts and award-winning Apple Cider are available for purchase during your visit.
- Northwood University International Auto Show, (Midland Michigan), 2022 Fall Show: October 7, 8, 9, 2022.
In its 59th year, the Northwood University International Auto Show (NUIAS) is the largest outdoor new car show in North America! Northwood University students work tirelessly to display over 500 vehicles from 65 manufacturers. NUIAS is free as is the parking.
Did you know this popular October Michigan event is 100% student run? We've gone to this show several times and highly recommend it. It's one of our favorite things to do in Michigan in October 2022.
Annual Boathouse Beer, Wine & Cocktail Sampling Fundraiser! Sample, explore and help RESTORE this historic architecture masterpiece!
- Boat House Beer, Wine and Cocktail Fest 2022 at Belle Isle, Detroit, MI. Sat, October 1, 2022, 3:00 PM – 6:30 PM at Belle Isle Boat House, East Picnic Way, Detroit, MI. Help restore the Boathouse! Sip brews on the river, enjoy the lawn and acoustic live music under the historic Band Shell. Explore the grand architecture of the building including the ballroom, the dance hall and the balconies overlooking the Detroit River.
- International Festival of Holland, Holland Civic Center, October 1, 2022
- Pike 51 Brewery Facility Tour - October TBD, 3768 Chicago Drive, Hudsonville, MI Pike 51 Brewing Co. offers tours of their brewing facility for free!
- Michigan's Big Country Fest-September 30-October 1, 2022, Heritage Park, 601 Weiss St, Frankenmuth, MI. This festival will be held inside the Harvey Kern Community Pavilion. It is a fully enclosed pavilion so it’s protected from the weather, and we have heat.
Stop in for awesome bands, a mechanical bull, bloody Mary bar, craft beer flights, food trucks, free line dancing lessons, cornhole tournament and more! Admission is $7 per person to get into the festival pavilion where everything takes place. Buy your tickets now. All ages are welcome, children 5 and under are free to get in. Popular events October 1, 2022!
Frankenmuth is also one of our favorite places to visit in Michigan in October!
There's horse drawn carriages, boat rides, fudge, famous fried chicken, shopping and ...
More Fun Events In October 2022 and Fall Things to Do in Michigan
There are so many things to do in Michigan in October 2022, check it out!
- 2022 Midland/Saginaw Fall Parade of Homes-October TBD - Sat/Sun 1-5pm and Wednesday 5-8pm. Popular weekend activities and events October 2022.
- Red Flannel Festival, Cedar Springs - October 1, 2022 (always the first Saturday in October!). Live music, craft fair and carnival. Saturday is the grand parade, art fair, car show and High School Marching Band Competition. Popular events October 1 2022.
- Acme Fall Festival, Williamsburg, MI October 2022 TBD at Flintfields Horse Park. One of the most popular Michigan fall festivals. Gates open at 10:00 am. 10am to 4pm, on Bates Road in Williamsburg. (Traverse City events October 2022)
Events include Classic Car show, Kids events, Wings of Wonder live raptor show, Bake sale and Farmers market, Craft show, Silent auction, Princess Competition, and Hospice Memorial butterfly release! What fun events in October 2021!
- Fall Harvest Festival, October 1, 2022 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Chippewa Nature Center, Midland, MI. One of Chippewa Nature Center's largest events of the year! Fun events October 1 2022! Demonstrations and programs will focus on autumn traditions of the 19th century. Super fun fall festivals near you!
- Boat House Beer Fest 2021, Belle Isle, Detroit. Sat, Oct 2, 2:00 PM. Fun events October 2 2021!
- Huron Township Apple Festival - October 2021 Cancelled due to construction, Saturday 8 am – 6 pm, Sunday 9 am – 4 pm. $6/pp, 37283 Huron River Dr. Huron Township.
Check out handmade quality craft vendors, food vendors, apple pies, entertainment. Festival is held in the downtown area of New Boston. We love that there are so many things to do in Michigan in the fall!
- Skip's European Farmers Market, Sunday, Oct 3, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. 16710 Lakeshore Road, New Buffalo, MI 49117
- Wein and Stein, October 7, 2021, Frankenmuth. 5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Come on out and sample beer, wine and snacks at a variety of pubs, waterparks, quaint wine bars, breweries and more. Purchase your tickets at the Visitor Center on Main Street. Check out this fun October Michigan festival!
- Michigan Antique Festival - October 9-10, 2021. Saturday 8 am-6 pm & Sunday 9 am-4 pm, $6 per person – 11 & under free! Free Parking. 12451 Andersonville Rd. Davisburg. One of our favorite events in October!
About 1000 Vendors selling Antiques, Folk Art, Crafts, and unique items. Check out the auto & truck show, parts & accessories swap meet, and huge auto for sale lot. Indoor and outdoor event held rain or shine.
You will love this high energy October Michigan festival!
More Things to do in Michigan in October 2022 and Popular Fall Festivals in Michigan
- Hess-Hathaway Harvest Happening, Sunday, October 3, 2021, 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM. 825 S. Williams Lake Road. Exciting event for the entire family!
Come enjoy the hayrides, pony rides, bouncers, children’s contests and crafts, entertainment for adults and children, crafters, bake sale, food concessions, historical house tours and games, pumpkin patch and more! This is a popular fall festival in Michigan.
- Bruckelaufe (Bridge Race), October 7, 2021. The Frankenmuth Jaycee's sponsor the Brukelaufe Half Marathon and 5K. The Bruckelaufe crosses 13 scenic bridges during its 13.1 mile course.
- Movie in the Cemetery, annual Movie in the Cemetery is a fundraiser held at the historic Redford Cemetery. 2 nights of creepy Halloween fun! Fri, Oct 8, 2021, 7:30 PM and Sat, Oct 9, 2021, 11:30 PM. Location: Redford Cemetery, 15940 Telegraph Rd, Redford Charter Township, MI. Fun October events.
- Flints Festival of Quilts, October 2021 CANCELLED, 816 Saginaw St., Flint. This annual event showcases quilters with exhibitions, workshops and social events. Fun October Michigan quilt event.
- The Fast &Furriest 5K Run/Walk, Great Lakes Bay Animal Society annual fundraiser. October 9th at the Midland City Forest.
- Treetops Resort - Friday, October 8 and Saturday October 9, 2021. Fall Color Tour and Progressive Dinner, 4:00-8:00 p.m. Fun October events and things to do in October 2021.
- Toughest Monster Trucks in Saginaw, Dow Event Center, Rescheduled from March to October 8-10, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. at Van Andel Arena. Cheer on your favorite Monster Truck at this perfect Michigan event for kids!
- Melissa Etheridge concert, October 8, 2021 at 9:00 pm, Silver Creek Event Center, 11111 Wilson Road, New Buffalo, MI 49117
- Charlevoix's Applefest, October 8-10, 2021, 10 am- 4pm. 109 Mason St, Charlevoix. Enjoy a lovely Farmer's Market, food booths, arts and crafts show! So many fun October 2021 events!
- Greater Detroit Gem, Mineral, Fossil and Jewelry Show, October 8-10, 2021. Popular events October 9 2021. Macomb community college south campus expo center, 14500 E. 12 Mile Road, Warren.
One of the Midwest’s largest collection of gems, minerals, fossils, and jewelry shown under one roof! Amazing displays and attractions from world-renowned universities and institutions. Popular Detroit events October 2021.
- Mac and Cheese Festival, Saturday, October 9th 2021. Super popular events October 9 2021. 4 - 8 pm with VIP early entry at 2 pm at the Homer Stryker Field, adjacent to Mayors' Riverfront Park, 251 Mills St. (between King Highway & E. Michigan Ave.) in Kalamazoo.
The festival will be located directly on the field at the ballpark. Who doesn't love mac and cheese? No wonder it's a popular October Michigan festival for the whole family!
It's Michigan Fall Color Tour Time!
More Michigan Fall Activities and Things to Do in Michigan in October 2021
If you are searching for super fun October Festivals 2021 near me, we've got 'em!
- Annual New Buffalo Harvest & Wine Festival, October 9, 2021, a full day of live music, wine/beer, artisan vendors, & lots of family fun. 12 noon to 9pm eastern standard time. North Whittaker Street, New Buffalo, MI
- Hallowe’en Fairy Tale Feast, A spooky supper for the littlest ghosts and ghouls at Greenfield Village, October 9-10, 16-17, 23-24, 30-31, 2021. Time: 4:00- 5:00 p.m. Your family will love these fun fall activities in Michigan!
- Bonteboktoberfest, Binder Park Zoo, October 10, 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. 2021 Battle Creek, 6–10 pm. Bonteboktoberfest features a variety of Michigan craft brews, ciders, meads and wines and is a fun beer tasting event in October! Super fun Michigan fall festival!
- Annual Garden City Chili Cook Off, Hot Rod and Motorcycle Show, October 9, 2021, 5805 Central / Farmers Market Lot, Garden City, MI. See a 25 team chili cook-off, enjoy live music, beer, kids fun activities, local artisan vendors, food trucks, and more.
Annual Garden City Car Show Registration opens at 9 am. The beer tent opens at 11 am. Chili tickets on sale at noon. Free Shuttle service until 5pm. Fun October events and things to do in October 2021.
- Stewardship Day at Edward and Elizabeth Leonard Wildlife Preserve - Saturday Oct 16 2021, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm, New Buffalo, United States
- Pumpkin Chunkin, Oct 16, 2021, 9 AM – Oct 24, 4 PM, Wellington Farm Park, 6944 S Military Rd, Grayling, MI
- Michigan International Alpaca Fest, October 16-17, 2021, Saturday 9:00 am-6:00 pm (expected, not verified), Sunday 9:00 am-1:00 pm, Summit Sports Complex Dimondale, Large halter show, silent auction, alpaca product sales. Public event, FREE admission. Alpaca Fest is a fun October Michigan event!
- Arts & Crafts Festival, October 16, 2021 at 9:30 am - 4:00 pm. New Buffalo High School, 1112 E Clay St, New Buffalo, MI. More than 90 arts and crafts booths, baked goodies, and luncheon foods will be for sale from 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- 27th Annual Appleumpkin Festival, October 9th and 10th, 2021
Festival Hours: Sat. 9-6 and Sun. 10-5 Tecumseh, MI. Fun for the entire family! Midway rides & carnival games, inflatables (fee), Bungee Jump (fee). Make-it-take-it crafts, corn box and kid's putt putt golf, helicopter rides - (fee) and monster truck rides (fee). Super fun October Michigan event!
- Detroit Bourbon Fest, Detroit Bourbon Fest, Sat, Oct 16, 4:00 PM, Boat House on Belle Isle, Detroit, MI, Starts at $10.00. Popular Detroit events October 2021.
- Harvest Moon Festival October 17, 2021 Grant, MI. Old Iron Bar & Grill, 189 S Maple St, Grant, MI. Activities for the whole family! BBQ Cooking Contest, The Great Pumpkin decorating contest and Auto Show! So many fun October 2021 events!
- Halloween at Greenfield Village - October 7-10, 14-17, 21-24, 28-31, 2021 (Thursday-Sunday), Time: 4:00 - 9:30 p.m. One of our favorite fall activities in Michigan!
- Tahquamenon Falls State Park Harvest Festival (campers only), Saturday, September 25, 2021, 10 a.m. -7 p.m. . 41382 W M-123, Paradise, MI Annual autumn event at the Lower Falls campgrounds.
Activities include pumpkin decorating contest, chili cook off, costume contest, trick-or-treating and more! Fun for the whole family! So many fun events October 2021!
- Bourbon and Brews Festival at Bowers Farm, 1219 E Square Lake Rd. Bloomfield Hills, MI. Saturday, October 15, 2022, 6pm – 10pm, 21+. A Taste of Fall: Celebrate fall on Bowers Farm's 97 lovely acres! 150+ varieties of bourbon, whiskey, craft beer, wine & cocktails! This working farm has a pumpkin patch, barnyard animals, and fall wagon rides for VIP guests.
- Bay Sightseeing Cruise in Traverse City. October 13, 2021 at 12:30pm. Enjoy a two hour narrated cruise aboard the Discovery boat with Discovery Cruises.Very popular Traverse City events October 2021!
- Detroit Job Fair - JobFair X. October 18, 2021, 11:00 a.m. Virtual. Share with friendsShare on FacebookShare on Facebook MessengerShare on LinkedinShare on TwitterShare by Email Date and timeMon, October 18, 202111:00 AM – 2:00 PM EDT
- Autumn Color Tour River Cruise, Bay City Sails, Wenonah Park in downtown Bay City, 107 5th Street, Bay City, MI, starting at $27. Fun fall things to do in October 2021.
- Monster's Ball Detroit 2022- "Detroit's Largest Annual Halloween Party" welcomes 2,000+ haunted souls! Saturday, October 22th, 8 pm-2:00 am at the Russell Industrial Center, 1600 Clay Street
Detroit, MI. 21+
Detroit's Hottest DJs spinning and performances by Haunted Circus Performers, including: Stilt Walkers - High Wire Aerialists - Acrobats - Illusionists - Fire Performers - Stage Performers - Multiple Levels - Multiple Stages - Midnight Pizza Buffet.
- Scarecrow Fest, South Main St. Frankenmuth, October 23-24, 2021, 12 p.m - 6 p.m. Special scarecrows are displayed throughout downtown with a family-friendly festival at Frankenmuth River Place Shops! We love this October Michigan event!
- Official Halloween Bar Crawl, Detroit, MI - Bar Crawl LIVE! October 23 and 30, 2021. Fee. Entrance To 5+ Venues with spooky drinks, costume contest, music and fun. Buy your tickets early! Venue List On BarCrawlLive.com. Popular Detroit events October 2021.
- Kalamazoo Craft Fair Kalamazoo Expo Center, October 2021 tbd, 9 am–3 pm Free! Fun things to do in October Michigan 2021.
Cute October Finds - Fall Tumbler and Fall Women's T Shirt
How stinkin' cute are these "Flannels, Hayrides, Pumpkins, Sweaters and Bonfires" tumbler and matching fall shirt? Cute fall gifts on Etsy!
More Things to do in the Fall in Michigan and Top Michigan Events October 2022
If you are wondering if there are any fun October festivals 2022 near me, just keep checking out our incredible list of things to do in the fall in Michigan!
- Lightsaber Pub Crawls, October 23, 2021, Locations in Ann Arbor, Detroit and Grand Rapids. $15,000 costume contest! 7:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. Super fun Detroit events October 2021.
- Michigan Brewers Guild 12th Annual Detroit Fall Beer Festival, October 23, 2021, 1:00 PM Eastern Market, Detroit, MI. Fun fall things to do in Michigan!
- Paranormal Lighthouse Tours, Recurring weekly on Friday at Marquette Maritime Museum and Lighthouse, Marquette, Michigan, July 23, 2021 - October 8, 2021, Weekly on Friday's, 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM with Yooper Paranormal.
- Halloween Bash 2021 Benefiting Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs, Sat, Oct 23, 2021, 7:00 PM - 1:00 AM at the Premier Event Center, 20400 South Nunneley Road, Clinton Township, MI. This fun October Michigan event includes dinner, open bar, desserts, pizza and dancing.
- Kalamazoo's Ultimate Indoor Garage Sale, October 2021 TBD 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Kalamazoo Expo Center. Beat the summer heat with this fall October Michigan garage sale!
- Harvest Festival, October 29, 2022, Saranac, MI Hotdogs, donuts, cider, pumpkin decorating, shopping, chili cookoff and truck or treat.
- Howell Historical Ghost Tour, Howell's Mainstreet Winery, 201 West Grand River Road, Howell, MI, October 29, 2021. Go for a guided walk through the downtown area to hear stories of ghostly apparitions, shadow figures, and orbs, as experienced by local business owners, local residents, and paranormal investigators. Two tours, 8:00pm - 8:45pm AND 9:00pm - 9:45pm. Reserve your tickets
- Halloween Bash at Splash, Zehnder's Splash Village,1365 S .Main Street,
Frankenmuth, MI 48734. October 29, 2021and October 30, 2021. On Friday, activities begin at 5 p.m. with Halloween crafts, story time, donuts and apple cider. Trick or Treat walk, enjoy popcorn and a bedtime Halloween movie to complete the evening. More fun on Saturday! Book early!
- Somewhere in Time Weekend, Grand Hotel, 286 Grand Avenue,
Mackinac Island, MI, October 29, 2021, October 30, 2021 and October 31, 2021.Their Somewhere in Time Weekend is one of the most popular and special events during the Grand Hotel season. Includes a screening of the film, discussions of the movie’s production process and you can arrive in costume at the cocktail receptions, and costume promenade. Breakfast and dinner are also included daily.
- Treetops Resort- Fall Harvest Wagon Ride, October 29 and 30, 2021. 5pm-8pm
- Cherry Capital Comic Con (C4) - Fri, Oct 29, 5 PM – Sun, Oct 31, 5 PM, Grand Traverse Resort and Spa. Located at 100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd, Acme, MI. C4 is Northern Michigan’s largest comic book and pop entertainment expo. Friday, Oct. 29th– 6:00 pm-9:00 pm, Saturday, Oct. 30th– 10:00 am-6:00pm, Sunday, Oct 31st– 11:00 am-5:00 pm. Popular Traverse City events October 2021.
- Saugatuck’s Annual Halloween Kids & Pet Parade, Saugatuck, October 30, 2021, 11:30pm - Parade Line-up at Wicks Park 12pm - Parade starts on Water Street and continues to Butler Street turning and going along Butler to Mary Street where the parade turns left and travels back to Water Street and to Wicks Park. Fun things to do in October Michigan 2021
- Saugatuck Adult Halloween Parade: Parade starts at 10pm -- Line-up for the parade starts at 9:30 pm at Berry Field, 86 W Center St. Douglas, MI 49406
- Family Fun Weekend, Montrose Orchards, October 30 and October 31, 2021. Montrose Orchards, 12473 Seymour Rd, Montrose, MI 48457. Final weekend of hayrides, bounce house, face painting, vendor show, and more.
So many fun things happening in October 2021, you will never be bored!
Michigan Halloween Events 2021 (Scariest, Most Freakin' Awesome)
Are you are searching for Michigan Halloween events 2021?
We've got the Top 2021 Michigan Halloween Events, Parties, Zoo Boo's, Bar Crawls, Festivals, October Things to do in Michigan, State Park Events!
What is Michigan like in October?
Michigan is absolutely stunning in October as the trees are changing and the days are crisp. It's perfect for hiking, biking and exploring as the bugs are minimal and the weather tends to be pretty moderate.
However, the temperatures can vary from needing a t-shirt to a full winter coat, so if you are visiting Michigan, be sure to check the weather before you pack!
We have toured Sleeping Bear Dunes in t shirts in October and by the end of the week we needed our winter jackets, so as the saying goes, "if you don't like the weather, wait a day!"
So many fun things happening in October 2021!
Have you Ever Picked Chestnuts?
Kastanu Farms has U Pick Chestnuts usually ready in October for you to pick on the weekends. Check their Facebook Page for info! What an awesome October Michigan event!
The address to check in for U-Pick is: 11943 Campbell Rd., Kewadin, MI 49648
Where to Go Leaf Peeping and See the Best Fall Color in Michigan!
Go guys, you can't go into October without going for a drive to see Michigan's fall colors. It's just wrong! So, grab our Michigan in Fall guide of our favorite places to see the fall colors!
Michigan Farms to Visit in October (Can You Say DONUTS?!)
Gull Meadow Farms-Richland, MI. Pumpkins, delicious donuts and a corn maze. We used to go there weekly when we lived in the area. There is a train for kids and a tractor drawn hay wagon for the whole family. Great place!! What a fun October Michigan event! We love it!
Uncle Johns Cider Mill-8614 US-127, St Johns, MI. Gorgeous barn with hard ciders and treats!
Grandma's Pumpkin Patch-4277 N Eastman Rd, Midland, MI 48642
Leaman's Green Applebarn-7475 N. River Road, Freeland, MI. Cider and donuts are a must. Baked goods are outstanding!
Baynes Apple Valley-5395 Midland Road, Freeland, MI Awarded Mid-Michigan's Best Orchard 3 years in a row! Great homemade baked goods and fresh pressed pure apple cider. We love grabbing a sandwich in the cute shop and grabbing some fresh cider on the way out! Great place to meet friends during October Michigan afternoons!
Coveyou Scenic Farms-4160 US-131, Petoskey, MI We loved our stop at Coveyou Scenic Farm market, the owners are super friendly and the market has so many great things! We purchased bottles of syrup and a pumpkin!
Pond Hill Farms-5699 S Lake Shore Dr, Harbor Springs, MI. If you are out and about for Michigan fall color tours, be sure to stop at Pond Hill Farms to enjoy fresh warm donuts and cider around their bon fire! There's a cafe and pumpkin launching too! Super fun October Michigan things to do!
When Will the Fall Colors Peek in Michigan?
Click here for the estimated dates of when Michigan's fall colors will emerge!
Embark on Michigan Fall Color Tours by Train!
Pere-Marquette 1225 Color Tour Train- The Museum Operations Support Manager of the Steam Railroading Institute told us all Fall Color Tours for 2021 have been cancelled but they plan on having the North Pole Express this November and December.
190 W. Cass Street, Cadillac, MI. The Steam Railroading Institute will be commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Michigan State University Railroad Club and their initial restoration of the 1225 with an all-day excursion behind the world-famous steam locomotive.
Here is a link for reservations!
North Pole Express (FOR PLANNING AHEAD PURPOSES AS IT SELLS OUT VERY QUICKLY)- Departing from Owosso, MI. Embark on a nostalgic journey back in time to the Christmas of yesteryear when you climb aboard the North Pole Express, pulled by the world-famous Pere Marquette 1225! Depart from the Steam Railroading Institute for a four-hour, round trip excursion to the Village of Ashley’s Country Christmas.
We hope you enjoy our exciting October Michigan events and ideas of fun things to do!
Don't miss a moment of October Michigan events and fun! Join our newsletter to have events and fun delivered directly to your inbox!
Thanksgiving Is Just Around the Corner!
Pin This Michigan October Events Page
October Michigan Events and Fun Things to Do
Travel-mi.com is not directly associated with local events. Information about these events is provided for planning purposes. While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this data, we cannot be held responsible for changes in dates, venues, etc.
What Michigan Events Are Coming Up Next?
Need More Inspiration! Check out my posts about these destinations for more FUN THINGS TO DO IN MICHIGAN!
Disclaimer: Please be sure to visit a particular event's website to verify dates, times, happenings and details. We make every possible effort to be verify these the event details but as we are human, mistakes can occur and event dates/times can change. If you see an error below, PLEASE let us know and we will correct it.
Event Centers in Michigan
Still bored? Don't forget to check these Michigan event centers/theaters/auditoriums across Michigan for concerts, events, shows or comedy entertainment!
Here are a few Michigan event centers to inspire you!
- Cobo Hall-Detroit
- Midland Center for the Arts-Midland
- Dow Gardens-Midland
- Kalamazoo State Theatre
- Fire Keepers Casino
- Soaring Eagle Casino-Mt. Pleasant
- Wings Event Center-Kalamazoo
- Miller Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Civic Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Chenery Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Kellogg Arena-Battle Creek
- LMC Mendel Center-Benton Harbor
- Franke Center for the Arts-Marshall
- The Bob-Grand Rapids
- Van Andel-Grand Rapids
- Devos Place-Grand Rapids
- Dow Event Center-Saginaw
Being bored sucks! Never miss another event! Join our network of Traveling Michigan Explorers! Be a part of this amazing community of travelers!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Check Out Our Traveling Michigan Videos on Youtube!
Check out our off-road Keweenaw Peninsula adventures on YouTube!
Popular Pages You May Also Like...
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...