1. Zingerman's Roadhouse-So Chris and I just experienced all that is Zingerman's Roadhouse. Let me just say, the experience was 5 stars. Not only was the food quality excellent but the servers were beyond friendly and the atmosphere was very homey. Read More...
2. Ann Arbor Art Fair-held every July, my friend Jenny and I have been going to this art fair for at least 15 years. We never miss it, no matter if it's raining or 105 degrees. Which it usually is. I have never been hotter in my life. But it's worth it to see and buy the best art in the Nation all in one place! Read More...
3. The University of Michigan Museum of Art-525 S State St, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 This awesome museum displays works from around the globe and spanning centuries. At 94,000 sq ft, the University of Michigan Museum of Art is one of the largest university art museums in the United States.
4. University of Michigan Hospital-Unfortunately, things happen that require serious medical attention. It's best to be prepared. My husband and I have both personally experienced accidents requiring extended hospital stays and evaluations in which we requested the expert care of the doctors at the University of Michigan Hospital. Read More of my detailed account...
5. Graffiti Alley-If you are a lover of good graffiti, you need to check out the graffiti alley on Liberty street in Ann Arbor. I spent some serious time there photographing all the colorful graffiti. Read More...
6. Hudson Mills Metropark- 8801 N Territorial Rd, Dexter, MI 48130 This 1,549-acre outdoor space rocks! Not only does it have an 18-hole, par-71 golf course but it also has two 24-hole disc golf courses! The Metropark has basketball, volleyball, softball and soccer fields.
Golf not for you? How about a 3-mile loop paved hike-bike trail? In addition, the five-mile West River Trail connects to the Hudson Mills loop so you can bike or hike to downtown Dexter where you can catch dinner or some entertainment.
Other amenities include several picnic shelters that can be rented, children's play areas, a canoe camp, a group camp and shuffleboard courts.
If you are looking for winter entertainment, Hudson Mills Metropark offers groomed cross-country ski trails There is an entry fee per vehicle.
Tip: Walkers, bicyclists, and inline skaters can enjoy free access to all Metroparks by entering through the park roads and hike/bike trails.
7. Argo Cascades-Love tubing, rafting and kayaking? Ann Arbor offers a chance to get on the Huron river during a beautiful spring or summer day. The most popular river trip is a 3.7 mile course that travels through the heart of the city.
Boat rentals are available through Argo Park Livery at 1055 Longshore Dr., Ann Arbor, MI. Boat rentals begin in May.
8. Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum-1800 N Dixboro Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105. The University of Michigan's Matthaei Botanical Gardens includes botanical gardens, natural areas with beautiful trails and a wetland boardwalk. Be sure to check out the several research-quality habitats. The River Landing is a great spot to enjoy your lunch while watching canoes pass, wildlife or just enjoying the beauty of the river.
Visiting in the winter? Something is always blooming year-round at the botanical gardens and arboretum. There are events throughout the year and children's program. Definitely check it out and plan for 2-3 hours for your visit.
9. I couldn't resist providing incredibly useful facts that will most definitely enrich your life...such as, famous people that were born or went to school in Ann Arbor!
If you enjoyed this page, please share it on the platforms above! I'd really appreciate it!!
View this post on Instagram
Thanks to the awesome recommendation by @michiganepicure, we had a rockin lunch at Zingermans in Ann Arbor! Our server brought us a pulled pork sample to try which was so freakin awesome we almost licked the plate. Naturally we ordered a platter of pork with creamy homemade mashed potatoes. I also ordered a roasted beet with goat cheese salad which I can never pass up. Our server was so friendly and fun at @zingermansroadhouse. They even gave me a couple recipes! How cool is that? Stay tuned as I’ll be making a couple of the new recipes and post the results! Have you been there? Have you tried their famous Mac and cheese??? . . . . . #annarbormichigan #annarbor #zingermans #zingermansroadhouse #michiganrestaurants #yummy #michigan #michiganfoodie #michiganeats #greatrestaurant #mittenstate #foodie #salad #livetotravel #livetoeat #annarboreats #annarborfood
Do you have a suggestion for a restaurant, place to visit or a helpful comment regarding Ann Arbor? Please share it!