Ahh, Ann Arbor! Here's a few examples of why you need to visit this vibrant collage town!
1. Zingerman's Roadhouse-2501 Jackson Ave, Ann Arbor, MI
So Chris and I just experienced all that is Zingerman's Roadhouse...twice. Let me just say, the experience was 5 stars. Not only was the food quality excellent but the servers were beyond friendly and the atmosphere was very homey. Read More About Our Exceptional Experience!...
2. Blue Tractor BBQ and Brewery-207 E Washington St, Ann Arbor, MI
First off, try not to lick the pic above, it will muck up your screen...and won't be nearly as satisfying! This bbq place in Ann Arbor ROCKS!
We LOVED the ribs and the sauce so much we bought two bottles!! One of the sweet and one mustard! The ribs were tender, the fries were really crispy and yummy and I also ordered the root vegetables. YUMMY!
I also loved that they source their food locally. It's awesome to support local farmers and merchants!
3. Adventura-216 E Washington St, Ann Arbor, MI
Can you say tapas, paella, wine & cocktails served in a really cool contemporary space? They are known for their amazing churros with dipping sauce! OMG! So good!
4. Ann Arbor Art Fair-held every July (grab the date here), my friend Jenny and I have been going to this art fair for at least 15 years. We never miss it, no matter if it's raining or 105 degrees. Which it usually is. I have never been hotter in my life than at the Ann Arbor Art Fair. But it's worth it to see and buy the best art in the Nation all in one place! Read More and See Cool Pic's!...
5. Argo Cascades-Love tubing, rafting and kayaking? Ann Arbor offers a chance to get on the Huron river during a beautiful spring or summer day. The most popular river trip is a 3.7 mile course that travels through the heart of the city.
Boat rentals are available through Argo Park Livery at 1055 Longshore Dr., Ann Arbor, MI. Boat rentals begin in May.
6. University of Michigan Hospital-I know it's a little weird that I listed a hospital, but unfortunately, things happen that require serious medical attention. It's best to be prepared.
My husband and I have both personally experienced accidents requiring extended hospital stays and evaluations in which we requested the expert care of the doctors at the University of Michigan Hospital. Read More of my detailed account...
7. Graffiti Alley-Liberty Street, Ann Arbor.
If you are a lover of good graffiti like I am, you need to check out the graffiti alley on Liberty street in Ann Arbor. I spent some serious time there photographing all the colorful graffiti. Read More...
8. Hudson Mills Metropark- 8801 N Territorial Rd, Dexter, MI 48130
This 1,549-acre outdoor space rocks! Not only does it have an 18-hole, par-71 golf course but it also has two 24-hole disc golf courses! The Metropark has basketball, volleyball, softball and soccer fields.
Golf not for you? How about a 3-mile loop paved hike-bike trail? In addition, the five-mile West River Trail connects to the Hudson Mills loop so you can bike or hike to downtown Dexter where you can catch dinner or some entertainment.
Other amenities include several picnic shelters that can be rented, children's play areas, a canoe camp, a group camp and shuffleboard courts.
If you are looking for winter entertainment, Hudson Mills Metropark offers groomed cross-country ski trails There is an entry fee per vehicle.
Tip: Walkers, bicyclists, and inline skaters can enjoy free access to all Metroparks by entering through the park roads and hike/bike trails.
9. The University of Michigan Museum of Art-525 S State St, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
This awesome museum displays works from around the globe and spanning centuries. At 94,000 sq ft, the University of Michigan Museum of Art is one of the largest university art museums in the United States. We had a fantastic time during our visit!!
10. Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum-1800 N Dixboro Rd, Ann Arbor, MI
The University of Michigan's Matthaei Botanical Gardens includes botanical gardens, natural areas with beautiful trails and a wetland boardwalk. Be sure to check out the several research-quality habitats. The River Landing is a great spot to enjoy your lunch while watching canoes pass, wildlife or just enjoying the beauty of the river.
Visiting in the winter? Something is always blooming year-round at the botanical gardens and arboretum. There are events throughout the year and children's program. Definitely check it out and plan for 2-3 hours for your visit.
BONUS! I couldn't resist providing incredibly useful facts that will most definitely enrich your life...such as, famous people that were born or went to school in Ann Arbor!
If you enjoyed this page, please share it on the platforms above! I'd really appreciate it!!
View this post on Instagram
Discovered this badass mural on the wall at Aventura restaurant in Ann Arbor. I really love the action, flow and power of this piece! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ My inspiration to you is, every successful person had to start at the bottom and claw their way up. My manta is, "If it was easy everybody would could do it"⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ It takes hard work, study, dedication and perseverance. Keep your eyes on the goal! Get out there and conquer! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #bullrider #bullriders #annarbor #annarbormichigan #annarborart #annarbormurals #mural #womenpower #michiganmurals #michiganart #art #painting #bulls #torro #tuesdayvibes #tuesdaythoughts #conquerlife #takethebullbythehorns #inspiration #keepgoing #Aventura
Do you have a suggestion for a restaurant, place to visit or a helpful comment regarding Ann Arbor? Please share it!