Top 30+ Michigan Valentines Events 2023 | Date Ideas, Experience Gifts, Galentine's Day, Activities and Things to Do for Couples, Friends, Kids, and Families!
Top 30 Michigan Valentines Events 2023 | Ideas, Experience Gifts, Activities and Things to Do for Couples, Friends, Kids, and Families!
By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Updated February 5, 2023
❤️ SO many fantastic Michigan Valentines Events! Our special Valentine's Day restaurants and Getaways are always popular!
I'm sure you will agree Valentine's Day is a day for love! It's also a day for friends and family to show they care and start planning a fun day together! It's not all about physical gifts either, give the gift of experiences for a lifetime of memories. We have lots of Valentine's Day ideas for you below!
But first, look deeply into your love's eyes and say in a breathy voice, "I 'lake' the effect you have on me." They will swoon for sure.
❤️ When Is Valentines Day 2023?
Tuesday, February 14, 2023!
Please note, these are ideas only, please check with the website/Facebook page of each event or topic before attending for more info, advance tickets, cancellations and limitations.
1. Book a Romantic Michigan Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride!
Michigan Sleigh Rides
If your Valentine date (or family) loves horses, getting outside and Michigan experience gifts, book a horse drawn sleigh ride!
What a fantastic Michigan Valentines activity for families and couples! See the Best Places for Michigan Sleigh Rides.
2. Does Your Valentine Love Dogs, Snow and Michigan's Upper Peninsula? What Fun Michigan Valentine's Day Events! See the UP200!
Spice it up this Valentines by taking your love muffin to the UP200 in Marquette! Race Week is February 16 – 20, 2023. This exciting event is one of the top 12-dog mid-distance races in the Midwest, as well as being an Iditarod qualifier. There's also the Midnight Run and Jackpine 30!
The UP200 trail covers 238 miles of challenging terrain from Marquette to Grand Marais, Michigan and back again through forested land and near-wilderness. Mushers face hills, creek crossings, deep snow, and isolated trail. This is a true test of skill and stamina! Fun Michigan Valentines Events in the Upper Peninsula!
3. A Purrrrrfect Valentine's Getaway at Michigan Cat Cafes!
What can possibly be better than playing with fuzzy, warm cats in a fun, relaxed and loving atmosphere on Valentine's weekend? Oh, while sipping awesome coffee drinks?
Plus you can sip yummy beverages while administering copious amounts of love to your new furry friends! Cat Cafes are a great place for friendship and fun.
Perfect for a Galentine get together, couples and families!
Find the perfect Michigan Cat Cafe near you!
4. Go Ice Skating or Snow Tubing! Fun Valentine's Activities for Couples, Friends, or Families!
This Valentine's Day, go ice skating and snow tubing! It's inexpensive, hours of fun, great exercise and gets you outside!
Outdoor Ice Skating at The Rink - Martius Park (Detroit) is incredible -The Rink at Campus Martius Park is a great family-friendly outdoor skating rink in Michigan. Situated in the heart of Downtown Detroit on Woodward Avenue, The Rink offers one of the most beautiful skating experiences in the country.
Here's more ideas:
5. Enjoy 6 Fantastic Valentine's Day Events in Metro Detroit - Romantic Getaway and Romantic Dinner Ideas!
What is there to do in Detroit for Valentine's day? SO much! Keep reading! ❤️
1. Plan an exciting road trip to one of Detroit’s three casinos! You can even book the night at Greektown Casino-Hotel, MotorCity Casino-Hotel or MGM Grand Detroit!
- MGM Grand Detroit - 1777 3rd Ave. Detroit, MI 48226. Several bars for great night life, see Marlon Wayans on February 10, 2023. Check out their Detroit Central Market, a new urban food hall with fast-casual dining. You can grab hot fried chicken sandwiches, Mexican street tacos or delicious Detroit-style pizza while playing the slots.
- Hollywood Casino at Greektown- 555 East Lafayette Street
Detroit, MI 48226. Hollywood Casino at Greektown partners with the Detroit Music hall for shows and live entertainment. Try Prism and Urban Cocktail for a lovely evening.
- MotorCity Casino-Hotel - 2901 Grand River Ave, Detroit MI 48201. They have free self parking! Enjoy a delicious dinner, tickets to a live show and a spa treatment with your loved one!
2. Stay at the Siren Hotel! The Parlor Suite and The Chamber Suite are lovely rooms for Valentine's Day. Ooh and definitely stop into The Siren Cafe for freshly made pasties and coffee before heading out to explore Detroit. Then, stop back for amazing cocktails and champagne at their plush Candy Bar.
3. How about an old-fashioned date this Valentine's Day? Check out the Ford Drive In, 10400 Ford Road, Dearborn, MI. Enjoy a movie from the comfort of your own vehicle! See single and double features with your sweetie!
4. Go to a Valentine's Day Party - Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at 10:00 am to 4:30 pm at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit, located at 5801 Southfield Expressway, Dearborn, MI. Experience a Prime Rib Buffet with fresh sides and sumptuous dessert at the DoubleTree Hotel in Detroit.
Entertainment features Melanie Aue, who will sing love songs and old standards. Melanie will be accompanied on the keyboard by Wendy Baggett.
5. Enjoy Valentine's Day Dinner at the London Chop House: 155 W. Congress, Detroit, Michigan. mmm, they are known for their Dry Aged Boneless Ribeye or Imperial Wagyu New York Strip are incredible choices. If steak isn't your thing, the Skin-on Salmon or the Ahi Tuna may temp your taste buds. Make your reservations early. It's the perfect location for a romantic Valentine's Day Dinner with your loved one! If they are booked out, consider Valentine's Weekend reservations.
6. Enjoy Valentine's Day Dinner at Adiamo Detroit Riverfront - This lovely restaurant is located right along the riverfront and is in the Detroit Renaissance Center. SO, you could book a Valentine's romantic getaway AND make reservations for a lovely Valentine's Day dinner! We see this as a WIN-WIN! 400 Renaissance Center, Ste. A-403, Detroit, MI.
6. Enjoy Pink Ice Night at the K Wings Event Center! One of Our Favorite Michigan Valentines Events!
Where: 3600 Vanrick Dr, Kalamazoo, MI.
When: February 11, 2023 is Pink Ice Night at K-Wings in Kalamazoo! Get out and cheer on the K-Wings during a rowdy ice hockey game! I've attended this Pink Ice Night several times, I love it! It's the perfect place to spend quality time with your sweetie or friends and one of our favorite Michigan Valentines events!
7. Cuddle Up and Enjoy the World of Winter Festival in Downtown Grand Rapids + Love On Ice!
- Love on Ice - World of Winter Festival, February 14, 2023, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM. Rosa Parks Circle135 Monroe Center Street NWGrand Rapids, MI. Here's a perfect date night: Purchase 2-for-1 ice skating tickets at Rosa Parks Circle AND get your initials carved on an ice wall! Receive a free professional photo from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM. What fun Michigan Valentines Events! ❤️
World of Winter is the largest winter festival in the Midwest!
When: January 6 - March 5, 2023
There are several free events, activities, music and outdoor art installations (including ice sculptures) to enjoy for several weeks this winter in Downtown Grand Rapids. Perfect family adventure or romantic Valentine’s Day stroll. And it's free!
Grab the World of Winter Schedule of Events and Fun Things To Do!
8. See Breathtaking Ice Sculptures at Valent Ice!
When: February 10, 2023 - February 16, 2023!
Walk hand-in-hand with your sweetie this Valentine's Day to see incredible ice sculptures throughout Downtown Grand Rapids. Afterwards, wander through local shops, sip hot coffee drinks and grab dinner!
Let's Get Baking!
9. Take a Valentine's Day 2023 Cooking Class or Have a Chef Travel To You! Fun Valentine's Weekend Date Ideas or Galentine's Activities!
Zingerman's Cafe Cooking and Baking Classes- They are teaching how to make scones, deli pot pies and delicious soft prezels on February 15, 2023! Check out their webpage for cooking classes, wine events and fun! Register early. What fun Michigan Valentines Events!
Cooking Classes with Traveling Chefs in Detroit - Chef Dos and Chef Nedra travel to guests within the Detroit area. They prepare an interactive cooking class that you and your guests will surely love.
Valentine's Day Cookie Workshop w/Sam - Sunday, February 12, 2023 at 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm, The Finch, 5897 Dixie Highway, Clarkston, MI.
Join Samantha (Sam), to learn how to make scrumptious frosting from scratch! Plus, learn how to decorate! This class is $38 in advance and includes nine cookies. All materials provided. Pre-registration is required by phoning The Finch, so get your tickets early!
10. Book a Spa Day, Dog Sled Ride or Sleigh Ride at These Michigan Ski Resorts!
Treetops Resort in Gaylord has:
- A delightful spa for mani-pedis, massages, facials and more!
- Belly up at Candy Bar 81 for delicious candy, popcorn, ice cream, fancy drink and awesome chocolate truffles!
- OH, and THEN go on a Dog Sled Ride
- Book a romantic Winter Sleigh Ride Dinner!
Crystal Mountain - Get out on the slopes and cuddle on the ski lift! Go on a sleigh ride! Check their web page for Valentine's Day specials!
Check out our list of over 24 Best Ski Resorts in Michigan!
11. Go Hot Tubbing! Make This One of Your New Favorite Michigan Valentine Events and Things to Do Each February!
Oasis Hot Tub Gardens - Relax your cares away in warm, caressing water rushes over your body! Super romantic AND relaxing! Win-Win! The Oasis has locations in Kalamazoo, Ann Arbor, and Grand Rapids. Book an hour on their website. I've been to the Oasis Hot Tubs in Kalamazoo many times when in lived there and loved it!
- 5041 Alpine Ave. NW, Comstock Park, MI
- 4600 W. KL Ave. Kalamazoo, MI
- 2301 S. State St. Ann Arbor, MI
12. Visit Frankenmuth! Take A Horse Drawn Carriage Ride, Perfect Family Fun!
Visit Frankenmuth to enjoy romantic horse-drawn carriage rides around this famous German town, enjoy wine or spirits tasting and incredible chicken dinners! There are several places to cozy up in Frankenmuth with your loved ones during Valentines Day!
Grab our Frankenmuth Michigan Guide for lots of ideas!
13. Taste of Passion Wine Trail Event at Blackstar Farms in Northern Michigan!
- Taste the Passion wine trail event at Blackstar Farms, Saturday, February 11, 2023. Located in the Traverse City's Old Mission Peninsula in Northern Michigan.
14. LOVE Bites! Awaken Haunted Attraction | Fun Valentine's Events Across Michigan
When: Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Normally, we wouldn't immediately associate a spooky haunted attraction with Valentine's Day, butt...Love Bites might change our minds! It's a night of lost loves, tragic endings, and dark scary secrets! You don’t need a date for this Valentine event, just bring a favorite person or two! You'll get one flashlight for your group as you travel into the depths of of horror!
- Awaken is located throughout Michigan, including Lansing, Jackson, Battle Creek, Howell, St. Johns, Ionia, Mt. Pleaseant, Ann Arbor, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Flint, Saginaw, Bay City and more!
15. Valentines Date Night Workshop in Kalamazoo (Southwest Michigan)-Make Your Own Charcuterie Board!
Valentines Date Night Workshop
- Friday, February 10, 2023
- 7:30 PM 9:00 PM
- The Grazing Table, Kalamazoo
The Grazing Table has designed a festive Valentines Build Your Own Board Workshop for you to enjoy a date night out and make a beautiful charcuterie board all at the same time! Book your spot! Such fun Michigan Valentines Events!
16. Make a Glassblown Heart in Dearborn!
Glass Academy - February 9-12, 2023 at select times. Sign up for a heart glass class at the Glass Academy located at 25331 Trowbridge St.
Dearborn, MI 48124! Learn to make a colorful, glass heart paperweight only offered in February!
Bring your sweetie, best friend, or special family member to the Glass Academy for a keepsake moment. The perfect Valentine's date experience!
- During this 2 hour experience you will get a behind-the-scenes look at their glass blowing studio, tour of the gallery, and get creative with molten glass in a safe environment.
17. Valentine's Kids Event: Kids and Kisses Valentine's Dance in Saginaw! ❤️
Downtown Saginaw’s SVRC Marketplace invites families to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Kids & Kisses Valentine’s Dance!! The party starts at 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 17, 2022 in the 2nd floor ballroom and will include a DJ and food.
Location: The SVRC Marketplace is located at 203 S. Washington Ave., Saginaw, Michgian
18. Celebrate Love at Sandhill Crane Vineyards! Located in Southern Michigan Between Battle Creek and Detroit
Go to Sandhill Crane Vineyards! February 10 - 12, 2023, Celebrate Valentine's Day weekend with Live Music on Saturday, 2/11, by Mike Bass from 1-4 pm
❤️ Discounts all weekend ❤️
10% off chocolate covered bottles
15% off bottles of reds & pinks
20% off cheese plates
19. Candle-Lit Winter Walk and Chocolate Wine Affair-Super Romanic Things to Do With Your Love!
Fun Castle Farms event for Valentine's Day! February 14, 2023 at 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm. Start your valentines evening with a romantic candle-lit walk around the grounds and gardens with picturesque views of historical architecture around every corner. The end of your 1/2-mile stroll will welcome you into the 1918 Cellars wine tasting room.
20. Love & Libations: Valentine’s Celebration and Tour at the Ford House
Ford House: February 14, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. 1100 Lake Shore RoadGrosse Pointe Shores, MI 4823
Make early reservations on February 14 at 6:30 pm in the Lake Shore Room, overlooking Ford Cove and Lake St. Clair, for a night of drinks, appetizers and desserts, music, and more. Listen to stories of Edsel and Eleanor’s endearing relationship in a special love-themed tour of the Main Residence. This would also be a fun Michigan Galentine's Day activity!
21. Love Bugs and Broken Hearts at Blake's Orchards! Fun Valentine's Day Party!
February 11, 2023 at 8:00 pm for Love Bugs and Broken Hearts
Blake's Backyard Located at 5600 Van Dyke, Almont, MI.
- Come out to Blake's Backyard with your love bug or come single and ready to mingle. This event is FREE to attend and no ticket is required. Features Cutest Couple Contest, Singles Most Ready to Mingle Award, VIP Lounge, Bottle Service and Specialty Valentine's Drinks. Such fun Michigan Valentines Events!
22. Canterbury Valentine's Cupcake Crawl
Canterbury Valentine's Cupcake Crawl is Saturday, February 11, 2023. 11:00 am - 3:00 p.m. Stroll through the shops and boutiques at Canterbury Village. Sample yummy cupcakes and vote for your favorites! Food trucks and fire pits! Located at 2357 Joslyn Ct, Lake Orion, MI 48360
23. Galentine's Day on the Farm located in West Michigan (North of Grand Rapids) Hint...Strawberry Pancakes, Shopping, Photo Shoots!
Ed Dunneback & Girls Fruit Farm - Galentine's Day on the Farm! February 18, 2023, 9 am - 3:00 pm. Strawberry pancakes, shopping, photo shoots, and live music 12-3pm! Such fun Michigan Valentines Events! Located at 3025 6 Mile Road, Grand Rapids, MI 49544
Popular Pages You May Also Like...
Don't miss another special holiday event publication! Sign up for our newsletter!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us On Instagram
Do you have a tip or suggestion for Valentine's Day activities in Michigan?
Do you have a great story or suggestion about this? Share it!
Traveling Michigan Home Page