10 Southwest Michigan Golf Courses and Resorts (+ Interactive Map) You Must Play This Summer in Benton Harbor, Ludington, Augusta, Grand Haven, Saugatuck
10 Best Southwest Michigan Golf Courses and Resorts | By Sherry Trautman | Traveling Michigan
Are you searching for the best public golf courses in southwest Michigan? We've added a couple privates ones too since they are spectacular!
You will be amazed at the vast amount of fantastic southwest Michigan golf resorts. We bet there are even a few Michigan golf courses you have never heard of...so don't miss out!
Map of the Top 10 Southwest Michigan Golf Courses!
Grab our map of the best golf courses in southwestern Michigan!
Enjoy Incredible Courses and Breathtaking Views At These Top Southwest Michigan Golf Courses! Public and Private!
1. The Dunes Club (New Buffalo): It's an incredible 9 hole golf course located about 75 miles from downtown Chicago. The Dunes Club is recognized as one of the best private golf clubs in North America. The Dunes Club was designed by Dick Nugent and Dunes Club owner Mike Keiser.
Claim to Fame: Golf Magazine listed The Dunes Club as one of the Best Golf Courses in Michigan!
Address: 10600 Marquette Dr, New Buffalo, MI 49117
Private? Membership required
2. Lost Dunes (Bridgman): The highlight of Lost Dunes is their 6,900-yard, par-71 course designed by acclaimed architect Tom Doak. Play 18 holes with incredible views of the dunes and rolling landscapes.
Claim to Fame: Golf Magazine listed Lost Dunes as one of the Best Golf Courses in Michigan!
Address: 9300 Red Arrow Hwy, Bridgman, MI 49106
Private? Limited, exclusive membership
3. Harbor Shores Michigan (Benton Harbor): Stay, play and dine at this incredible Southwest Michigan Premier Golf Resort located just 90 minutes from Chicago. This 18-hole, public course is also home to the KitchenAid Senior PGA! Jack Nicholas signature golf course!
The course runs over four very diverse terrains that is both challenging and spectacular. Holes 1-6 are in the Inland terrain and holes 7, 8, and 9 offer challenging dunes terrain with dramatic views of Lake Michigan. Then, holes 10-13 are in our Woodlands terrains which pops you out at holes 14-18 in the River terrain.
One of the best Southwest Michigan golf courses!
Who designed Harbor Shores golf course? Jack Nicholas!
Address: 201 Graham Ave, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Private? No, Harbor Shores is a public course.
4. Point O' Woods (Benton Harbor): When you are a member at Point O' Woods, you can enjoy a round of golf, pickleball, tennis or take a dip in the pool. Plus, enjoy dinner and drinks in their bar, dining rooms, or on the deck overlooking the 18th green. Close to the beach, shopping, wineries and farmers markets!
Claim to Fame: Golf Magazine listed Point O' Woods as one of the Best Golf Courses in Michigan!
Who designed Point O' Woods? The majestic 200 acres of maples, pines and oaks championship course was designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr.
Address: 1516 Roslin Rd, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Private? Membership required
5. Gull Lake View Golf Resort (Augusta): Gull Lake View Golf Resort is one of the largest and newest family-owned resorts in the U.S. There are six top-rated championship golf courses set in the stunning lake country of Southwest Michigan.
Gull Lake View’s thoughtful customer service, award-winning courses and over 50 years of family ownership has created a buzz around the state and country. Check out this incredible Southwest Michigan Premier Golf Resort where you can stay, golf and dine! You'll see why it's considered one of the best Southwest Michigan golf courses!
Address: 7417 N 38th St, Augusta, MI 49012
Private? No, Gull Lake View Golf Resort is a public course.
Gull Lake View Golf Resort - Photo Provided to Travel-Mi.com by the Resort
6. American Dunes (Grand Haven)- American Dunes is committed to raising funds and awareness for Folds of Honor. American Dunes marks the birthplace of Folds of Honor and they are very proud to honor that legacy. Because we know that Freedom Is Not Free, your support of American Dunes Golf Club directly benefits the Folds of Honor mission. What an incredible mission!
American Dunes guests are able to rent right or left handed Titleist clubs.
Address: 17000 Lincoln St, Grand Haven, MI 49417
Private? No, American Dunes is a public course.
7. Ravines Golf Club (Saugatuck)- Arnold Palmer envisioned and built the Ravines Golf Club in lovely West Michigan. Only 15 minutes from Holland and 30 minutes from Grand Rapids, Ravines Golf Club offers a Pro Shop and the Grill Room situated in Arnie’s Cottage overlooking the picturesque 18th hole.
This 18 hole, par 72 course designed by Arnold Palmer is a great way to enjoy a lovely spring or summer day. There's even a Certified U.S. Kid's Golf Family Course! You'll see why it's considered one of the best Southwest Michigan golf courses!
Available: Golf lessons, outings and events!
Address: 3520 Palmer Dr, Saugatuck, MI 49453
Private? No, Ravines Golf Club is a public course.
8. Wallinwood Springs Golf Club (Jenison) - Wallinwood Springs Golf Club isn't just a championship golf course, it's a popular event venue and dining destination in Jenison, Michigan. Enjoy the Golf Shop, Golf Simulator and grab a meal at the Wood Grille!
What's Cool: Don't want your game to get rusty during the winter months? Check out their indoor golf simulators - available to rent.
Course designed by: Jerry Matthews, their renowned course architect.
Address: 8152 Weatherwax Dr, Jenison, MI 49428
Private? No, Wallinwood Springs Golf Club is a public course.
9. Hemlock Golf Club (Ludington) - Hemlock thought it was important to incorporate the natural dunes and majestic woods into their course design. It's incredible!
Plus, Golf Digest Magazine says, "Hemlock is a real treat!"
The Pro Shop is fully-stocked with the latest season’s models and styles. Large selection of balls, hats and apparel to get you on the course in style!
Practice Facilities - Utilize Hemlock Golf Club's warm-up facility to get you limber and ready for your game!
Food & Drink- There's a snack bar for a casual lunch after your round.
Who Designed Hemlock Golf Club's Course? Internationally acclaimed golf course designer Raymond Hearn.
Address: 5105 W Decker Rd, Ludington, MI 49431
Private? No, Hemlock Golf Club is a public course.
10. Pilgrims Run - You will love Pilgrams Run as it is one of West Michigan’s finest upscale public golf facilities. This 400 acre course features bent grass fairways, distinctive green complexes, and six different yardages for great play diversity! One of the best Southwest Michigan golf courses!
Claim to Fame: 2020 “Top 10” Golfweek’s Best Public Course by State
Who designed Pilgrims Run? Architects Kris Schumacker and Mike DeVries
Address: 11401 Newcosta Ave, Pierson, MI 49339
Private? No, Ravines Golf Club is a public course.
Gear Up For Your Next Round Of Golf In Michigan! (Perfect Gifts for Golfers)
Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls
Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls-Great choice for golfers.
- Longer Distance with Consistent Flight
- Very Low Long Game Spin and Penetrating Trajectory
- Increased Drop-and-Stop Short Game Control
Callaway Golf Men's Golf Glove
Callaway Golf Men's Weather Spann Premium Synthetic Golf Glove - Improve your game! Excellent gift for the golfers in your life!
Callaway Laser Golf Rangefinder
This Callaway Laser Golf Rangefinder offers precise slope measurement. The laser rangefinder accounts for elevation changes and measures the angle of incline/decline, then calculates the slope adjusted distance. Pretty useful!
Things to Do Nearby
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Embedded Instagram Post
Podcast HTML Here
YouTube Video Below
Image Gallery Below
You may also like