Scariest 2023 Michigan Haunted Houses: Map of 44 Best Haunted Attractions and Hayrides in MI This Halloween - Pontiac, Detroit, Kalamazoo, Saginaw, Grand Rapids and More
Scariest Michigan Haunted Houses, Attractions, and Hayrides To Visit This Halloween
Scariest 2023 Michigan Haunted Houses: Map of 44 Best Halloween Attractions in MI | Updated October 1, 2023 By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com
Grab our interactive map of ALL the scariest, best haunted attractions and houses in Michigan!
We have the best and scariest haunted houses in Michigan! If you are searching for haunted houses near me, we got it!
- Check out our list of the best haunted houses in Michigan: Pontiac, Detroit, Niles, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Saginaw, Jackson, Jonesville, Madison Heights, Traverse City, Bay City and Lansing areas.
Fantastic haunted hayrides, haunted attractions and haunted forests to visit this Halloween are also listed.
*Be sure to visit each location's website or Facebook page prior to visiting to ensure their operating, hours, costs, requirements and any necessary information.
Haunted Houses in Michigan Table of Contents:
Epic Interactive Michigan Haunted Houses Map to Visit This Halloween
Zoom into your intended region and choose your scare event!
Be sure to click this Michigan Haunted Houses Google Link for live navigation as you drive!
Helpful Map Tips:
- Click on the plus and minus in the left corner to zoom in or out of the map.
- Click on the icons for more info, websites, addresses of the stops.
- Click on the map to drag and move it to view surrounding areas.
- In the Header, click on the rectangle in the upper left of the map to see a menu of all of our stops. Click on anything that looks interesting to see where it is on the map. To hide the menu, click the rectangle in the header.
- In the Header, click on the "square" icon in the upper right side to expand the map for better viewing.
Michigan Haunted Houses FAQ'S: What is the number one rated haunted house in Michigan? The Scariest?
What is the number one rated haunted house in Michigan? Madison Heights: Azra Chamber of Horrors Haunted House is voted # 3 by USA Today's Choice 2023!
However, it would be ghastly to leave out Erebus Haunted Attraction located in Pontiac. Erebus is one of the best among all of America's and Michigan haunted houses. In 2019, USA Today’s Readers' Choice named Erebus the best haunted attraction in the country. This 4-story frightfest is worth you visit!
More horrific, scream inducing top Haunted Houses include:
- Full Moon Manor Haunted House, Highland, MI
- Past Tense After Dark in Lapeer, MI
- Hush Haunted Attraction in Westland, MI
What is the world's largest haunted house in Michigan?
- Frightful Fun! "Erebus, located in Pontiac, is a four story haunted house that was entered into the Guinness Book of World Records as the World's Largest Walk-Through Haunted Attraction in 2005."
What haunted house has multiple floors in Michigan? Erebus
Our Top 44 Haunted Houses in Michigan
Chris and I love to visit new haunted houses and attractions each year. Which ones will scare us the most this Halloween season?
Best Michigan Haunted Houses (Northern Michigan)
Traverse City | West Branch | Manistee
- Traverse City: Asylum Flashlight Tour - Experience a night at the Northern Michigan Asylum. Explore one of the most popular cottages from attic to basement as stories from our historic past are told in the dim light of your flashlights. Keep your flashlight handy as this 90 minutes ends with a walk through the 1885 steam tunnels.
830 Cottageview Drive, Suite 101 Traverse City, Michigan. Select days and times.
- Kingsley (Near Traverse City): Ghost Farm of Kingsley - 5010 Pierce Rd, Kingsley, MI 49649 (Near Traverse City) - Tour the The Ghost Farm of Kingsley's Haunted Trails in a dark woods! Are you brave enough? There's also Historical Ghost Lantern Tours and Ghost Hunting Experiences. The fun starts the beginning of September at this haunted woods in Michigan.
- Houghton Lake: Spears House of Fright at the Anchor Inn, 1781 Heightsview Dr, Houghton Lake, MI 48629. Check out this Michigan haunted house!
Manistee’s Ghost Ship: Proceeds Help Preserve of the S.S. City of Milwaukee and USCGC Acacia
- Manistee: Manistee’s Ghost Ship, 99 Arthur St., Manistee, Michigan. Manistee's Ghost Ship is a haunted house attraction located on the historic car ferry S.S. City of Milwaukee. It is a fundraising event and is open Friday and Saturday nights in October, 7:30pm - 10:30pm.This chills inducing haunted attraction consists of five to six decks and takes about 25-45 minutes. All proceeds go towards the Preservation of the S.S. City of Milwaukee and USCGC Acacia.
Best Michigan Haunted Houses, (Mid Michigan Region)
Saginaw | Bay City | Ashley
Edison Incident Haunted Attraction, Edson Inc - Ghost Ship! Immersive Experience!
- Bay City: Edison Incident Haunted Attraction, Bay City, MI 48706. Tour the USS Edson Naval Ship...at night! Calling all fearless thrill-seekers for this immersive experience on the east side of Michigan.
The Edison Incident Fridays and Saturdays, starting September 29, 2023 - October 28, 2023.
This incredible naval ship can be toured during the day too!
- Saginaw: Wild Woods of Terror is an awesome Saginaw haunted house! 7500 Venoy Rd, Saginaw, MI 48604...check their Facebook page to see if they are open this year.
- Saginaw: Factory of the Dead Haunted House - 906 Lapeer Ave, Saginaw, MI 48607. Four escape rooms, 2 gellyball arenas, axe throwing, shooting gallery and so much more! Freakin' awesome Saginaw haunted house!
- Saginaw: Xavier Haunt - 121 N Hamilton St, Saginaw, MI 48602. We love this Saginaw haunted house!
- St. Charles: St. Charles Haunted House 400 E Water St, St Charles, MI 48655. The Village of the Living Dead opens September 29, 2023 with select dates and times.
- Ashley: Hinterland Haunted Attraction, Open Fridays and Saturdays, September 29-October 28, 2023. 106 S Sterling St, Ashley, MI 48806. Great haunted attraction to visit this Halloween!
- Ashley: Terror on 27. Location: 8691 S Bagley Rd, Ashley, MI 48806 Did you know there are three attractions at Terror on 27? Two haunted houses and a maze could drive you to insanity! Can you make it through the tunnel of delusion or the gates of hell? Beware, your soul could be stolen! You gotta check out this haunted house in Michigan.
Best Michigan Haunted Houses, (East Michigan)
Flint | Lapeer | Davison | Holly | Fenton
More scary haunted houses Michigan!
- Flint: Exit 13 Haunted House. 6069 Saginaw St, Flint, MI 48505. Described as the largest, most extreme house of horrors in the area! Their spooky haunted house isn't just a creaky shack, it tests your darkest fears. Beware: They use intense features and extreme imagery to test the limits of your courage! One of the best haunted houses in Michigan 2023.
- Fenton: The Howling Haunted Trail & Party, 13575a Fenton Rd, Fenton, MI 48430. Their spooky trail takes you back into the deep woods to where the wild things come out to play. You will encounter spooky spirits & creatures that hide in the dark as you wander the twisting path.
- Davison: Dreadlands Haunt of Davison. 10280 E Stanley Rd, Davison, MI 48423. Are you ready to scream!? Wander along the multi-level indoor research laboratories, ride the Zip Line Ride, try your skill at the Zombie Paintball Sniper Arena. Check out the Labyrinth - a 5000 sf maze with moving interior walls!
- Lapeer: Past Tense After Dark, 1965 Farnsworth Rd, Lapeer, MI 48446. Check out this haunted house in Michigan! This haunted destination has three attractions: The House of Horrors, the Hayride of Despair and the Corn Maze of Fear. If you are brave enough to make it out unscathed, be sure to enjoy cider and donuts at the cider mill next door.
- Swartz Creek: Spooky Trails. This lovely pumpkin farm offers family fun with pumpkins, hayrides, a haunted house and corn maze. Address: 8266 Baldwin Rd, Swartz Creek, MI 48473
- Holly: Rotten Manor, 13245 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442. Rotten Manor is one of the premier attractions in the Michigan haunt scene. Two full 35-45 minute attractions include The Rotten Manor and The Rotten Asylum/ Forest. Rotten Manor also has a midway full of carnival-themed games and activities. This haunted season includes the Rotten Hayride. Be prepared for some really great scares at this haunted house in Holly Michigan.
How long does it take to get through rotten Manor? It takes about 45 minutes.
Best Michigan Haunted Houses, (Southeast Michigan)
Metro Detroit | Downtown Pontiac | Madison Heights | Taylor
These Metro Detroit haunted houses are some of the scariest haunted houses in Michigan!
Erebus Haunted Attraction: Four-story Haunted House, Tower of Terror | Half-Mile Indoor Walk
- Pontiac Haunted House: Erebus Haunted Attraction - one of the best haunted houses in Pontiac MI. This four-story Tower of Terror haunted attraction is located in Pontiac, Michigan and opens seasonally for Halloween. Did you know Erebus held the Guinness World Record for largest walk-through haunted attraction from 2005 until 2009? So check out Erebus Haunted House 2023! It is not recommended for children under the age of 13. The attraction is just over a half-mile walk inside. The average group takes 35 to 45 minutes. Location: 18 S Perry St, Pontiac, MI 48342. One of the best haunted houses in Michigan!
Azra Haunted House Chamber of Horrors
- Madison Heights: Azra Haunted House Chamber of Horrors, 31401 John R Rd bldg 2, Madison Heights, MI 48071. Rated #1 Michigan Haunted House by Scare Factor, Haunt World, Fright Find! The area is covered as heated so the waiting in line isn't so bad! Enjoy live DJ and fire shows most nights at Club Azra while you wait in line. No bags or purses allowed so leave them in your car or at home! Incredible haunted house in Madison Heights Michigan!
- Lenox: Scarefest Scream Park, 34111 28 Mile Rd, Lenox, MI 48048. Awesome haunted house and hayride in Detroit Michigan! There's 4 haunted attractions, beer tent, food, live music, bonfire, scary movies and more! Check out their all-ages Hayride of Doom to the more intense Castle of the Dead haunted house.
- Grosse Pointe Farms: Haunted Garage Productions. 19520 Mack Ave, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236. Family geared Halloween Attraction for all ages.
- Taylor: The Scream Machine, 25710 Northline Rd, Taylor, MI 48180. Located in the Taylor Town Trade Center, The Scream Machine leads visitors through a crypt and a “menagerie of failed creations.” There are also two optional five-minute escape rooms.
Eloise Asylum | Paranormal Tours and Haunted House with Over 120 Spooky Actors!
- Westland: Eloise Asylum, 30712 Michigan Ave, Westland, MI 48186. Metro Detroit Haunted House. Eloise Asylum is becoming the Disney of Haunted Attractions! Haunted tours, paranormal investigations, escape rooms. Eloise’s 54,000 sq ft of high-tech horror presents a haunting, horror experience unlike any other! There are over 120 event staff and professionally trained scare actors nightly!
Best Michigan Haunted Houses, (South East Michigan) Mystery, Adventure, and Horror Await!
Ann Arbor | Ypsilanti | Romulus | Pinckney
- Westland: Hush Haunted Attraction, 37550 Cherry Hill Rd, Westland, MI 48185. This outrageous Michigan haunted house has three super scary haunted attractions so check it out this Halloween! Check out Hush, one of the scariest scary haunted house in Michigan! Will you discover the dark hidden secrets?
- Romulus: Deranged Haunt, 35560 Goddard Rd, Romulus, MI 48174 Are you brave enough to endure the haunted trail and haunted house? Spend time outside walking through the darkest parts of the woods! Note: You will encounter uneven surfaces. This Romulus haunted attraction will test your wills!
- Ypsilanti: Wiard's Night Terrors: Haunted Thrill Park, 5565 Merritt Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48197. See alien cages clowns, explore the asylum to test your sanity, try to survive the the Ultimate Haunted Barn and take a spooky Hayride of the Lost. One of the scariest haunted houses in Michigan!
- Pinckney: Ghostly Grove Haunted Forest Attraction, 10055 Dexter-Pinckney Rd, Pinckney, MI 48169. Take scroll through their haunted woods...what could possibly go wrong? This locally spectacular haunting experience is an incredible haunted attraction in Michigan!
- Pinckney: Terrorfield Forest, 145 Swarthout Rd, Pinckney, MI 48169. This incredible haunted woods in Michigan is just under a mile long walk. How long does it take to get through? About 45 minutes.
- Fowlerville: Grand River Corn Maze, 5781 W Grand River Rd, Fowlerville, MI 48836
Slaughterhouse Adventure and Haunted Maze
- Fowlerville: Slaughterhouse Adventure, 5781 Grand River, Fowlerville, Slaughterhouse Adventure offers a total of four terrifying attractions: a haunted house, haunted hayride, haunted corn maze and an escape room. Also check out the 26-acre non-haunted corn maze that's fun for the whole family. Refreshments, video games, slides and moonwalk will entertain your friends and family!
Best Haunted Houses in Michigan: (South Michigan)
Jackson, Leslie, Cement City
- Leslie: Awaken Haunted Attraction, 4760 Churchill Rd, Leslie, MI 49251, Awaken has over 32,000 sq ft of mind numbing terror waiting for you in Leslie, Michigan! Are you brave enough to endure 4 haunted attractions in one night? There's a haunted house, 3D haunted experience, pallet maze and lastly, an outdoor trail and loop around back to the haunted house.
- Jackson: Jackson's Underworld, 1318 Wildwood Ave, Jackson, MI 49202. You gotta see this 4 story extreme haunted house in Jackson Michigan!
- Cement City: Zombiewoods and Haunt, 18341 US-12, Cement City, MI 49233, Haunted houses, 3D maze, zoombie woods walk, ghost town and zombie prison! Are you brave enough to endure one of the scariest haunted houses in Michigan?
- Jonesville: Darksyde Acres Haunted House, 11375 Rowe Rd, Jonesville, MI 49250. Come get a one-of-a-kind ghostly experience at Darksyde Acres Haunted house! They are located just off of US 12 at 11375 Rowe Rd in Jonesville, MI. Are you brave enough to endure 5 EXTREME haunted houses and scary attractions? There's a chainsaw maze and a clown-themed haunt. Hand-built sets cater to all ages and fears of all kinds. With over 70,000 square feet of attraction, Darksyde Acres is one of the largest haunts in the tri-state area.
Best Michigan Haunted Houses, (South West Michigan)
Battle Creek | Kalamazoo | Niles | Mattawan
- Battle Creek: Fear the Farm - 20309 Capital Ave NE, Battle Creek, MI 49017
- Coloma: Jollay Orchards Haunted House - 1850 Friday Rd, Coloma, MI 49038
- Kalamazoo: Psycho Ward Haunted House - (Kalamazoo Speedway Haunted House is an awesome Kalamazoo haunted house!) 7656 Ravine Rd, Kalamazoo, MI 49009. Our favorite haunted house in Kalamazoo!
- Kalamazoo: Nightmare Realm 23492 Red Arrow Hwy, Mattawan, MI 49071. West Michigan’s all new immersive haunting experience. Fridays and Saturdays, beginning October 6, 2023. Your terrifying experience begins in the parking lot at Paw Paw High School (located at 30609 Red Arrow Hwy, Paw Paw, MI 49079) where a scary group has escaped Cypress Hollow to torment the living. You'll hot aboard buses where you will meet scary creatures along the ride. Upon your arrival at Nightmare Realm you will enter the heart of Cypress Hollow where the terror and horror begins.
- Mattawan: Nightmare Realm, 23492 Red Arrow Hwy, Mattawan, MI 49071 Your experience begins in the parking lot at Paw Paw High School (located at 30609 Red Arrow Hwy, Paw Paw, MI) where a gang of has escaped Cypress Hollow to torment the living. You will be met face to face with one of our creatures joining you on the ride to the Attraction! Upon your arrival at Nightmare Realm you will guided to the heart of Cypress Hollow where the true horror begins...
- Niles: Niles Scream Park, 855 Mayflower Rd, Niles, MI 49120. You gotta check out his Niles Michigan haunted house! The attractions include a haunted house that includes more than 100 different paths inside, outdoor mazes and a haunted hayride. Additionally, there is an attraction that simulates the Salem Witch Trials. There's 44 acres of blood-curdling fear and unique shows!
How long does it take to go through Niles Scream Park?
It takes about 30-40 minutes
How old do you have to be to go to Niles Scream Park?
Their Michigan haunted hayride and the midway attractions are not recommended for children under the age of 6. Super scary Michigan haunted attractions.
Best Michigan Haunted Houses, (West Michigan)
Grand Rapids | Wyoming | Sparta | Corpses and Witches Woods Await!
Best Haunted Houses Grand Rapids
- Dorr: Witches of New Salem - 4516 24TH Street, Dorr, MI 4932. Haunted corn maze and haunted witches woods! There are two scary trails through the woods so watch out for witches! Watch out for witches, ghouls and mentally twisted! Are you brave enough?
There's a daytime corn maze too for the faint of heart.
Plus: There's a Halloween Lights Spooktacular! Jump on a wagon and take a ride through the trail with lights synchronized to Halloween songs. Fun for everyone!
- Wyoming: The Haunt, 1256 28th St SW, Wyoming, MI 49509. Several super scary haunted attractions near Grand Rapids Michigan.
- Sparta: Abandoned Acres Farm Haunted Attraction, 7737 Fruit Ridge Ave NW, Sparta, MI 49345. Their Haunted Attractions are unique, immersive experiences so prepare to be scared! Can you survive the Bloody Butcher Corn Maze with lurking mutant pumpkins, scary witches, wandering corpses, scarecrows, hillbillies and insane farm animals? Spooky haunted house Michigan.
The Big Top Terror Vision Corn Maze is carnival themed full of crazed clowns, misfits and deranged circus animals in a 3D environment (3D Glasses Included). The mazes are a quarter of a mile long each and you will enter buildings, barns and sets, animatronics and special effects!!
LOL MOMENT: This Creepy Pair of Underwear book makes me LOL!
For even more fun: Book tickets for Halloween in Greenfield Village! Scream or laugh, your choice!
Michigan Haunted Houses-Best, Scariest
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram