The Ultimate 2021 Guide of September Michigan Events-Best Things to Do in Michigan!
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2021 September Michigan events and fun things to do in Michigan for families, couples and friends! Grab our 21 Boredom Zapping Ideas!
Destinations: Detroit, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Traverse City, Charlevoix, Houghton, Midland, Alpena, South Haven, St. Joseph and more!
Summer is still rockin' with awesome September Michigan things to do! Pet some pigs, eat some pigs, check out some antiques, walk across the Mackinac Bridge and so much more!
September Michigan events are full swing! Blues, music and art festivals are just a few of September events to look forward to!
September Michigan travel is absolutely stunning as our nights are cooler but our days are sunny and perfect for discovering forest walks, great restaurants and fun festivals!
Let's travel Michigan together!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our September Michigan adventures! We hope you enjoy our September Michigan events and fun things to do!
And as always, if you have September Michigan events that you would like listed, let us know here!
2021 Motor Bella (2021 Detroit Auto Show is Cancelled)
Detroit Auto Show
Big news! Big news! The Detroit Auto Show, formerly held at the TCF center (Cobo Hall) is cancelled and has been replaced by the 2021 Motor Bella!
Read all about the insane 2021 Motor Bella event!
- Michigan State Fair, September 3-8, 2020, Suburban Collection Showplace, Grand River Avenue, Novi, MI. The Detroit Shrine Circus will wow you with an expanded show and three tents! Fairgoers will also enjoy a midway, agricultural and livestock exhibits, live entertainment and all those favorite tasty carnival treats!
- Bell's Beer Copper Harbor Trails Fest - September 4 - September 6, 2020 in Copper Harbor, MI.
- Lake Bluff Artisan Faire, September 5, 2020, Lake Bluff Park, St. Joe, 10am–5pm Free
- The Wild Pumpkin, Sunflower Days, September 5, 6, 12, and 13, 2020, 10 am–6 pm
- Chase Pickle Festival, Chase, MI, September 3-6, 2020. Benefit for the Chase Public Library. Fun for the whole family!
- St. Ignace Car Show Weekend, SEPTEMBER 3-5 2020, 6 Spring Street, St. Ignace, MI. The St. Ignace Car Show is one of the largest all-make, all-model shows in the country. See hundreds of antique, custom, and celebrity automobiles on display. Don't miss Thursday's "St. Ignace Cruise Night" and the "Down Memory Lane Parade" on Friday. Live music, exhibits, vendor booths, and more!
- Mackinac Bridge Walk Labor Day, Annual Walk - September 6, 2021, Free! Plan your iconic bridge walk with our tips and things every walker should know! Super awesome September Michigan event for the whole family! We'll be at this freakin' awesome September Michigan event!
- Round Up Family Fair/Art in the Village, September 7, 2020, Franklin, MI Midway Games, Pony Rides, Bake Sale, Antique Auto Show, Petting Farm, Giant Inflatables, Clowns, Magician, Fine Art Fair, Parade at NOON, Food and Fun…10 am to 4 pm
- Richmond Area Good Old Days Festival, Richmond, MI September 10-13, 2020, Voted best small town parade by Detroit News!
- Paw Paw Wine & Harvest Festival, Paw Paw, MI, CANCELLED THIS YEAR, Sep 10-12, 2021, Michigan’s largest wine and harvest festival! Fun winery tours & tasting, live entertainment, grape stomp, arts & crafts fair, carnival rides, car show, bike tour, parade, fireworks, kids activities, & much more for the entire family!
- Downtown Kalamazoo Restaurant Week, September 11-20, 2021, Kalamazoo, MI
- Autumn Market, Bay City, Sept 12-13, 2020. 10-5pm. Unique handiworks and crafts that make the Mitten State inimitable.
- Brighton's Smokin' Jazz & Barbecue Blues Festival, Brighton, MI September 11-12, 2020, Downtown Brighton. Friday, 5 pm - 11:00 pm and Saturday, noon – 11:00 pm. Award winning barbecue will once again be smokin’ up Main Street from Grand River to 1st Street; serving up ribs, pulled pork, beef brisket, pork tenderloin, sweet treats, specialty mac n’ cheese and much more. Jazz and blues will be live at the beer tent located on Mill Pond Lane (in the municipal parking lot behind Great Harvest Bread Company) both Friday and Saturday 5:00pm – 11:00pm. Cover is just $5.00. Check their website for all the events!!! It's a September Michigan event you can't miss!
- Posen Potato Festival, Posen, MI, September 6-8, 2019, Good food and music, carnival, arts & crafts, more. Grand parade is on Sunday!
- Wheatland Music Festival, Remus, MI September 10-12, 2021, Come check out the star-studded lineup on the main stage! Plus there is a juried arts and crafts show, raffle, kids activities, instrument and dance workshops, music, food, fellowship and fun! Tickets are sold in advance only and are discounted for paid members. Sunday only tickets are available at the gate.
More Fun September Michigan Events and Festivals!
September Michigan Events
- Auto Fest, Frankenmuth, MI, September 11-13, 2020 is one of our must-do events in September!! Over 2000 classic cars, street rods and muscle cars. Enjoy a weekend of fun and entertainment! Friday night Big Block Party on Main Street is always a great time from 5-10 pm. Saturday and Sunday view the classic cars in Heritage Park. Auto Fest dance in Harvey Kern Pavilion on Saturday 6-midnight. Lots of parking but get there early! We go to this September Michigan event every year!
- Plymouth Community Fall Festival, Plymouth, MI September 11-13, 2020. Check of the festival with a carnival, fun rides, car show, craft show, and a street full of community food booths.
- Allegan County Fair. September 11-19, 2020, 150 Douglas St, Allegan, MI. Established in 1852, the county fair livestock barns and arenas are some of the largest in the state and make a prime spot for witnessing rodeo performances. Awesome Things to do in Michigan
- Fall Family Days, Gagetown, MI, September 12-13, 2020 Fish Fry on Friday, September 11, 2020 from 4-7 PM. The fun continues on Saturday and Sunday, 8 am-5 pm. The barn, home, one room country school and school museum. powerhouse, sawmill, sugar shack and grain elevator are open for tours with live old-fashioned music on the grounds. Tons of homemade foods and live field demonstrations.
- Michigan Brewers Guild U.P. Fall Beer Festival, Marquette, MI September 12, 2020, Join nearly 100 Michigan breweries to sample from more than 800 craft beers overlooking beautiful lake Superior in downtown Marquette. 1-6 p.m. Fun September Michigan event!
- Marshall Historic Home Tour, September 2021, 10 a.m - 5 p.m.
- PROJECT 1 by ArtPrize, September 16 - October 4, 2020. CANCELLED THIS YEAR The creators of ArtPrize® – the most attended public art event on the planet – are launching another world-class art experience in Grand Rapids. Project 1 by ArtPrize is the first in a series of citywide exhibitions of public art taking place in the years between biennial ArtPrize competitions.
- Michigan Firemen's Memorial Festival, Roscommon, MI September 16-18, 2021, Annual Michigan Firemen Memorial Festival is for everyone! Shows, clowns, and free hot dogs. Check out the display of New Fire Trucks, Fire Apparatus, Crafts, Parades, a “memorial service” for “Fallen Firefighters” and much More. Firefighting competitions and fire Demos are a big part of the fun festival. Lots of refreshments, music and dancing.
- Metro Boat Show, Harrison Twp, MI September 17-20, 2020, Lake St. Clair Metropark, 31300 Metro Parkway, Harrison Township, MI. Boat and outdoor recreation show featuring boats in the water and on land. Lots of other outdoor recreation exhibits. This event takes place along the beautiful shoreline of Lake St. Clair and includes live music in the Tiki Bar, and much more. Hours: Thursday, Friday: 12 noon – 7:30 p.m.; Saturday: 11 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.; Sunday: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Admission: Adults $10, Children 12 and under free with an adult. Fun September Michigan event!
- Troy Family Daze Festival, Troy, MI, September 17-18, 2020, Celebrate family, fun, heritage and cuisine. The festival, which has been celebrating Troy since 1968, is an all volunteer run event. Troy Family Daze offers plenty of free, paved on-site parking and features many activities including free entertainment, a giant midway, talent shows, food and community booths, children’s entertainment fireworks and much more.
- Brewed in Michigan, Milford, MI, September 18, 2020. Lots of awesome local craft beers!
- Erebus Haunted Attraction, Pontiac, MI Mid September - First Weekend in Nov 2020, Weekends. BUY YOUR TICKETS ONLINE! Erebus, The Four Story Haunted Attraction in downtown Pontiac delivers unfathomable fear and excitement to any thrill seeker brave enough to cross its threshold. You’ll scream, laugh and perhaps even cry as you descend a labyrinth of dark, dank, dingy passages where things will grab you, bite you and land on top of you, creating a fear so intense some call it pain.
- South Haven Jazz Festival, September 17-18, 2020, 5-11:00 p.m. Free!!
- Silver Lake Sand Dunes Apple & BBQ Festival, Silver Lake, MI, September 11-12, 2020. This fun festival highlights yummy BBQ and apples! Festival is at the Golden Township Park at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in downtown Silver Lake (located six miles west of US-31 at the Hart/Mears exit 149). Come on out for the Apple Pie Contest, Arts & Crafts Show, Apple A Day 5K Fun Run/Walk, Classic Vehicle & Dune Buggy Show, Kid’s Activities, Live Music, Delicious Food, a Beer Tent, and Much More. This is one heck of a fun September Michigan event!
- NSRA National Street Nationals, September 11-13, 2020, Kalamazoo Expo Center, Kalamazoo, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Grand Haven Salmon Festival, Grand Haven, MI, September 18-19, 2020, The Annual Grand Haven Salmon Festival is promoting the area as a unique fall tourist destination and to celebrate the fall harvest season and salmon migration. The outdoor-waterfront festival features live jazz music; Michigan wine tasting pavilion and grape stomping; gourmet salmon cook-off contest; fall harvest beer & entertainment pavilion; fine art fair on the waterfront; Big King Salmon fishing contest; food and beverage treats at the Fresh Catch Fish Boil; children’s arts & crafts; displays, and more! Fun September Michigan event!
- Flat Rock Riverfest, Flat Rock, MI CANCELLED. September 2020, Free parking and a free shuttle. Fireworks, food vendors, arts and crafts, kids games, car show, beer tent, boxing demo, wrestling, petting zoo, monster trucks, bounce inflatables, magician, music, carnival rides, midway games and much more!
- Richard Crane Memorial Truck Show, St. Ignace, MI September 18-20, 2020. One of the largest U.S. displays of customized 18-wheelers and antique trucks; showing Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday evening, spectators line St. Ignace’s main street for the “Big Rig” Parade of Lights heading for the Mackinac Bridge and back again for Sunday’s show. Car/small truck show Saturday. Swap meet, vendors and music. Free admission.
- Goodison Good Tyme Festival, Rochester, MI September 2020 CANCELLED, Annual fall festival geared towards young families. This popular event offers archery, nature crafts, face painters, balloon artists, stilt walker, children’s musicians, rock wall, and zip line. All activities are FREE including hot dogs and chips.
- Fallasburg Arts Festival, Lowell, MI September 19 & 20, 2020, Sat and Sun, 10:00 am-5:00 pm both days. Location:
Fallasburg Park, 1124 Fallasburg Rd, Lowell, MI. The event features 100 unique fine art and fine crafts booths, live music featuring regional musicians, a children’s craft area, and food booths. Craft demonstrations will occur nside a large pavilion on both days. Free.
- Frankenmuth Oktoberfest, Frankenmuth, MI September 17-20, 2020, Traditional Oktoberfest in Heritage Park. Thursday September 19, 3:00 pm and closing at 10:00 pm. Friday, Saturday-noon to Midnight, Sunday-noon to 6:00 pm. Tickets for the Frankenmuth Oktoberfest can be purchased at the gate. The event features authentic entertainment, dancing, Oktoberfest souvenirs, various food selections, and authentic Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfest beer. One of our favorite September Michigan festivals!
- Taste of Muskegon, September 24-25, 2021. Hackley Park, Muskegon, MI
- Trek the Mighty Mac, St. Ignace, MI September 25-27, 2020. UTV, ATV, S x S, 3-Wheelers and off-road motorcycle enthusiasts are invited to participate in the 6th Annual Trek The Mighty Mac. Join the growing number of “Trekkers” who gather in St. Ignace every year to enjoy food and gear vendors at Friday staging, a one of a kind parade across the Mackinac Bridge Saturday followed by Saturday evening activities, and weekend long games and off-roading adventures.
- Festival of the Forks, Albion, MI 2020 CANCELLED. September 17-18, 2021. A celebration of creativity and diversity in historic downtown Albion, Michigan. Music, ethnic food, creative art, and fun for the whole family.
- Festival of the Pines, Lake City, MI Sep 17-20, 2020. In celebration of our area Christmas Tree and logging industries. Beverage Tent with music both Friday and Saturday. Prince & Princess of the Pines contest, horseshoe Competition, indoor arts & crafts show, lumberjack competitions, Chili Cook-off, youth archery competition, lumberjack breakfasts and more! This is one heck of a fun September Michigan event!
- Artalicious Fine Arts Fair Adrian, MI CANCELLED September 18-19, 2020, Art fair with more than 80 artists in historic downtown Adrian and a celebration of heritage and community. Enjoy local food, professional artists and performers, music and theater. Lots of hands-on activities for kids and adults alike!
- Romulus Pumpkin Festival, Romulus, MI September 18-19, 2020, will take place in the Romulus Historical Park located 11147 Hunt Street, Romulus, MI. Downtown Romulus celebrates with a night parade where everything is lighted from bicycles to cement trucks on Goddard Road. The street festival offers wonderful music, food, crafts and games for all ages. Pumpkin rolling, pumpkin pie eating or pumpkin seed-spitting contest. Visit or enter the Classic Car Show, Classic Tractor Show or just relax and listen to the music. The Downtown Festival is a celebration of friends and family.
- AppleFest and Craft Show, Coldwater, MI September 2020 Dates TBD. A great September Michigan event!
- Michigan Apple Fest, Sparta, MI September 19, 2020, The Michigan Apple Fest is a family oriented event celebrating the harvest of fresh fruits and vegetables grown in Sparta, MI, the heart of apple country.
- Parade of Nations, Houghton, MI September 19, 2020, Parade of Nations—Celebrating Cultural Diversity. Parade, festival featuring food and entertainment from countries around the world. It’s an extravaganza of tastes, sounds, sights and experiences. The colorful parade features floats created by international students and community organizations, marching bands and flags of 60 nations. It winds its way from Hancock, across the iconic Portage Lift Bridge, through downtown Houghton, ending up at Dee Stadium. Thousands of people pack the stadium to sample cuisine of more than 20 countries and to enjoy entertainment.
- Fall Fest, St. Joseph, September 19, 2020,10-3 p.m. Free! Enjoy the Great Bed Race, Farmers Market, Critter Barn, Face Painter, Balloon Twisters, Story Time on the Bluff, the Great Pumpkin Festival and more!
- Howard City Harvest Festival, Howard City, MI September 2020 CANCELLED Howard City celebrates its annual Harvest Festival all day Saturday! Packed with events for the entire family! All children’s activities are free! 10:00 A.M. – 10:00 P.M
Schedule of events include:
Scarecrow Making and Take, Inflatables, Petting Zoo, Children’s Hands-on-Art- Tent, Pony Rides Balloon twister, Face painter, Arts & Crafts, Car, Motorcycle, & Tractor shows, Musical Entertainment, Grand parade, 5k Run/ Walk, Children’s Parade, Public Safety Parade of Lights, Teen Dance, Fireworks and more!
- Pte. Mouillee Waterfowl Festival, Brownstown, MI September 19-20, 2020, Michigan duck hunters tournament, Lake Erie championship layout shoot, wildlife arts & craft show, Huron river distance dog jumps, outdoor trading post, goose & duck calling contest, antiques, boats, auction, hip boot race and Great Lakes sling shot contest. The Largest Fresh Water Marsh Restoration Project in North America!
- Fall Vintage Camper Show and Flea Market, September 19, 20, 2020, Cornwell's Turkeyville, Marshall, MI, 10-4 p.m. One of our favorite September Michigan events!
- Festival of the Senses, Clinton Township, MI September 26-27, 2020. 40700 Romeo Plank Road, Clinton Township, Mi.This festival is a finer art fair featuring 100+ artists, non-profits, food vendors and special displays with entertainment. Artists represent every medium of art including textile, painting, photography, sculpture, woodworking and metal. Oh, and don't miss the dog parade that kicks off the festival. Historic Village Events, Vintage Baseball games, Classic Car Invitational and admission and parking is free.
- Mac and Cheese Festival, October 5, 2019, 3-7 p.m. Home Stryker Field, Kalamazoo
- Midland Classic Car Show, September 25-26, 2021. Midland County Fairgrounds. Mid Michigan's Largest Car Show, 6905 Eastman, Midland, MI.
- Midland Antique Festival, September 25-26, 2021. Saturday 8 am – 6 pm, Sunday 9 am – 4 pm, $6 admission per person – Parking is always free! Nearly a thousand antique dealers setup at the Midland County Fairgrounds carrying vintage goods, antiques, collectibles & so much more. Along with the vast array of Antique Dealers is Michigan’s largest swap meet. Folks from all over bring their garage sale items to the swap meet/flea market area. On top of that is also one of Michigan’s longest running Car Shows! I absolutely love this show-shabby chic, car show, swap meet, antiques.
- Appledore Tall Ship Sails, Bay City, Sail the Saginaw Bay! Enjoy the sails, the sunset, and a delicious catered dinner. Friday night sails feature a light BBQ dinner and run from 6p – 9p. Saturday night Dinner Sails are four hours long and many feature live entertainment! Plus special sails! Click here for the schedule! Things to do in Michigan
- Michigan Renaissance Festival, (weekends and labor day only) Holly Michigan. This is a great September Michigan event, we have gone many times!
More September Michigan Events!
- Night Lights-Sky Lantern Festival, September 19, 2020, 3-10 p.m. Auto City Speedway, 10205 North Saginaw Road, Clio, MI. Cost $15-$65. Buy tickets early to save. Inspired by the traditional Thai Lantern Festival, Night Lights is an all-new and completely re-imagined sky lantern experience. Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime memory as lanterns are launched just after dusk. Don't miss this popular September Michigan festival! We've got our tickets!!
- Hillsdale County Fair, MI September 2020 CANCELLED, Hillsdale, The 169th Annual Hillsdale County Fair includes a Midway, Livestock & Still Exhibits, Concessions and Vendors, Parades, Horseshoe Tournaments, Peddle Pull, Talent Show, Free Entertainment and Grandstand Entertainment including, Demolition Derby, NTPA Truck & Tractor Pulls, Farm Tractor Pull and Horse, Pony & Mule Pulls.
- Atlanta Elk Festival, Atlanta, MI September 2020 CANCELLED, Vendors, auction, games, petting zoo, beer tent, live bands and more!
- Clinton Fall Festival, Clinton, MI September 2020 CANCELLED. Visitors will enjoy strolling through the village streets to observe 225 crafts, lost arts exhibit, free entertainment, carnival, children’s events, merchant’s area, car show, and parade. Free Parking and Shuttles. Visit the Historic Village of Clinton
- Motor Bella - (Replaces the Detroit Auto Show) Public Show, Thursday, Sept. 23 through Sunday, Sept. 26. Motor Bella, an incredible outdoor show, is held at the M1 Concourse in Pontiac.
- Marshall Skeleton Festival, September Dates TBD, Marshall, MI , 2-9 p.m. Free! From 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm. There will be a host of fun activities along with food and live music and of course...the skeletons! But the fun doesn't stop there because after the party, the local pubs and restaurants roll out the red carpet for the Pub & Grub Crawl! Taste tempting treats and special concoctions are showcased from 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm so you can get your grub on...just be sure to stop for some selfies with your favorite skeletons and post them using #marshallskeletonfest.
- Port Huron Beer Festival, Port Huron, MI, September 26, 2020, A tribute to craft beer. An afternoon of fun for the beer lover!
- Acme Fall Festival, Williamsburg, MI September 26, 2020. 10am to 4pm, at Flintfields on Bates Road in Williamsburg. Events include Classic Car show, Kids events, Wings of Wonder live raptor show, Bake sale and Farmers market, Craft show, Silent auction, Princess Competition, and Hospice Memorial butterfly release!
- Harvest Fest, Flushing, MI September 26, 2020, 9:30-4:00 p.m. Flushing’s Harvest Festival is an annual event for the whole family. Live stage performances, Chili Cook-off, Apple pie eating contest, Children’s Activities, and more. Located in the heart of the Downtown Business District. Don't miss this September Michigan event!
- Webster Fall Festival, Dexter, MI September 2020 CANCELLED. Our annual Fall Festival is held at the corner of Farrell and Webster Church road. Featuring local artists, kids activities, food, hay rides, old-time school sessions, and more!
- War Memorial Sault International Festival of Races and Oktoberfest, Sault Ste. Marie Saturday, September 26,2020. 60 Mile Bike Race 7:05 AM, 40 Mile Bike Race 7:10 AM, Half Marathon 7:15 AM, Bridge Run (7.1 Miles) 7:30 AM, 5K Run/Walk 7:45 AM. Join up to 500 runners as part of the 11th Annual Sault International Festival of Races on Saturday, September 26, 2020! The Sault International Festival of Races provides runners with a unique opportunity to traverse the Sault Ste Marie International Bridge and run alongside the St. Mary's River all set against the backdrop of beautiful fall foliage and cool E.U.P. temperatures. The Race concludes at downtown Sault Ste Marie, where the Sault Ste. Marie Fall Festival will commence at 10 am.
- North Pole Express - IT SELLS OUT VERY QUICKLY (usually before mid October)-Saturdays and Sundays, November 16th to December 21st. Departing from Owosso, MI. Embark on a nostalgic journey back in time to the Christmas of yesteryear when you climb aboard the North Pole Express, pulled by the world-famous Pere Marquette 1225! Depart from the Steam Railroading Institute for a four-hour, round trip excursion to the Village of Ashley’s Country Christmas.
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Popular Pages You Might Like!!
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Traveling Michigan Home Page