Awesome September Michigan Things to Do
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2019 September Michigan events and fun things to do in Michigan for families, couples and friends! Grab our 21 Boredom Zapping Ideas!
Destinations: Detroit, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Traverse City, Charlevoix, Houghton, Midland, Alpena, South Haven, St. Joseph and more!
Summer is still rockin' with awesome September Michigan things to do! Pet some pigs, eat some pigs, check out some antiques, walk across the Mackinac Bridge and so much more!
September Michigan events are full swing! Blues, music and art festivals are just a few of September events to look forward to!
September Michigan travel is absolutely stunning as our nights are cooler but our days are sunny and perfect for discovering forest walks, great restaurants and fun festivals!
Let's travel Michigan together!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our September Michigan adventures! We hope you enjoy our September Michigan events and fun things to do!
And as always, if you have September Michigan events that you would like listed, let us know here!
- Michigan State Fair, August 29-Sept 2, 2019, Suburban Collection Showplace, Grand River Avenue, Novi, MI. The Detroit Shrine Circus will wow you with an expanded show and three tents! Fairgoers will also enjoy a midway, agricultural and livestock exhibits, live entertainment and all those favorite tasty carnival treats!
- Mackinac Bridge Walk Labor Day, Annual Walk - September 2, 2019, Free! Plan your iconic bridge walk with our tips and things every walker should know! Super awesome September Michigan event for the whole family! We'll be at this freakin' awesome September Michigan event!
- Round Up Family Fair/Art in the Village, September 2, 2019, Franklin, MI Midway Games, Pony Rides, Bake Sale, Antique Auto Show, Petting Farm, Giant Inflatables, Clowns, Magician, Fine Art Fair, Parade at NOON, Food and Fun…10 am to 4 pm
- Chase Pickle Festival, Chase, MI, September 5-8, 2019. Benefit for the Chase Public Library. Fun for the whole family!
- Richmond Area Good Old Days Festival, Richmond, MI September 5-8, 2019, Voted best small town parade by Detroit News!
- Brighton's Smokin' Jazz & Barbecue Blues Festival-September 6-7, 2019. Awesome time with Jazz and blues! $5 entry fee.
- PROJECT 1 by ArtPrize, September 7 - October 27, 2019. The creators of ArtPrize® – the most attended public art event on the planet – are launching another world-class art experience in Grand Rapids. Project 1 by ArtPrize is the first in a series of citywide exhibitions of public art taking place in the years between biennial ArtPrize competitions.
- Paw Paw Wine & Harvest Festival, Paw Paw, MI ,Sep 6-8, 2019, Michigan’s largest wine and harvest festival! Fun winery tours & tasting, live entertainment, grape stomp, arts & crafts fair, carnival rides, car show, bike tour, parade, fireworks, kids activities, & much more for the entire family!
- Brighton's Smokin' Jazz & Barbecue Blues Festival, Brighton, MI September 6-7, 2019, Downtown Brighton. Friday, 5 pm - 11:00 pm and Saturday, noon – 11:00 pm. Award winning barbecue will once again be smokin’ up Main Street from Grand River to 1st Street; serving up ribs, pulled pork, beef brisket, pork tenderloin, sweet treats, specialty mac n’ cheese and much more. Jazz and blues will be live at the beer tent located on Mill Pond Lane (in the municipal parking lot behind Great Harvest Bread Company) both Friday and Saturday 5:00pm – 11:00pm. Cover is just $5.00. Check their website for all the events!!! It's a September Michigan event you can't miss!
- Posen Potato Festival, Posen, MI, September 6-8, 2019, Good food and music, carnival, arts & crafts, more. Grand parade is on Sunday!
- Wheatland Music Festival, Remus, MI September 6-8, 2019, Come check out the star-studded lineup on the main stage! Plus there is a juried arts and crafts show, raffle, kids activities, instrument and dance workshops, music, food, fellowship and fun! Tickets are sold in advance only and are discounted for paid members. Sunday only tickets are available at the gate.
More Fun September Michigan Events and Festivals!
- Auto Fest, Frankenmuth, MI, Septemer 6-8, 2019 is one of our must-do events in September!! Over 2000 classic cars, street rods and muscle cars. Enjoy a weekend of fun and entertainment! Friday night Big Block Party on Main Street is always a great time from 5-10 pm. Saturday and Sunday view the classic cars in Heritage Park. Auto Fest dance in Harvey Kern Pavilion on Saturday 6-midnight. Lots of parking but get there early! We go to this September Michigan event every year!
- Plymouth Community Fall Festival, Plymouth, MI September 6-8, 2019. Check of the festival with a carnival, fun rides, car show, craft show, and a street full of community food booths.
- Allegan County Fair. September 6-14, 2019, 150 Douglas St, Allegan, MI. Established in 1852, the county fair livestock barns and arenas are some of the largest in the state and make a prime spot for witnessing rodeo performances. Awesome Things to do in Michigan
- Zombie Pub Crawl, St. Joseph, Sept 7, 2019, 2-11 p.m.
- Fall Family Days, Gagetown, MI, September 7-8, 2019 Fish Fry on Friday, September 6, 2019 from 4-7PM. The fun continues on Saturday and Sunday, 8 am-5 pm. The barn, home, one room country school and school museum. powerhouse, sawmill, sugar shack and grain elevator are open for tours with live old-fashioned music on the grounds. Tons of homemade foods and live field demonstrations.
- Michigan Brewers Guild U.P. Fall Beer Festival, Marquette, MI September 7, 2019, Join nearly 100 Michigan breweries to sample from more than 800 craft beers overlooking beautiful lake Superior in downtown Marquette. 1-6 p.m.
- Marshall Historic Home Tour, September 8, 2019, 10 a.m - 5 p.m.
- Metro Boat Show, Harrison Twp, MI September 12-15, 2019, Boat and outdoor recreation show featuring boats in the water and on land. Lots of other outdoor recreation exhibits. This event takes place along the beautiful shoreline of Lake St. Clair and includes live music in the Tiki Bar, and much more. Hours: Thursday, Friday: 12 noon – 7:30 p.m.; Saturday: 11 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.; Sunday: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Admission: Adults $10, Children 12 and under free with an adult.
- Troy Family Daze Festival, Troy, MI, September 12-15, 2019, Celebrate family, fun, heritage and cuisine. The festival, which has been celebrating Troy since 1968, is an all volunteer run event. Troy Family Daze offers plenty of free, paved on-site parking and features many activities including free entertainment, a giant midway, talent shows, food and community booths, children’s entertainment fireworks and much more.
- Brewed in Michigan, Milford, MI, September 13 ,2019. Lots of awesome local craft beers!
- Erebus Haunted Attraction, Pontiac, MI September 13 - Nov 2, 2019 Weekends. BUY YOUR TICKETS ONLINE! Erebus, The Four Story Haunted Attraction in downtown Pontiac delivers unfathomable fear and excitement to any thrill seeker brave enough to cross its threshold. You’ll scream, laugh and perhaps even cry as you descend a labyrinth of dark, dank, dingy passages where things will grab you, bite you and land on top of you, creating a fear so intense some call it pain.
- South Haven Jazz Festival, September 13-14, 2019, 5-9:30 p.m. Free!!
- Silver Lake Sand Dunes Apple & BBQ Festival, Silver Lake, MI, September 13-14, 2019 This fun festival highlights yummy BBQ and apples! Festival is at the Golden Township Park at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in downtown Silver Lake (located six miles west of US-31 at the Hart/Mears exit 149). Come on out for the Apple Pie Contest, Arts & Crafts Show, Apple A Day 5K Fun Run/Walk, Classic Vehicle & Dune Buggy Show, Kid’s Activities, Live Music, Delicious Food, a Beer Tent, and Much More. This is one heck of a fun September Michigan event!
- NSRA National Street Nationals, September 13-15, 2019, Kalamazoo Expo Center, 8 a.m. - 5/1 p.m.
- Grand Haven Salmon Festival, Grand Haven, MI, September 13-14, 2019, The Annual Grand Haven Salmon Festival is promoting the area as a unique fall tourist destination and to celebrate the fall harvest season and salmon migration. The outdoor-waterfront festival features live jazz music; Michigan wine tasting pavilion and grape stomping; gourmet salmon cook-off contest; fall harvest beer & entertainment pavilion; fine art fair on the waterfront; Big King Salmon fishing contest; food and beverage treats at the Fresh Catch Fish Boil; children’s arts & crafts; displays, and more!
- Flat Rock Riverfest, Flat Rock, MI September 13-15, 2019, Free parking and a free shuttle. Fireworks, food vendors, arts and crafts, kids games, car show, beer tent, boxing demo, wrestling, petting zoo, monster trucks, bounce inflatables, magician, music, carnival rides, midway games and much more!
- Richard Crane Memorial Truck Show, St. Ignace, MI September 13-15, 2019. One of the largest U.S. displays of customized 18-wheelers and antique trucks; showing Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday evening, spectators line St. Ignace’s main street for the “Big Rig” Parade of Lights heading for the Mackinac Bridge and back again for Sunday’s show. Car/small truck show Saturday. Swap meet, vendors and music. Free admission.
- Goodison Good Tyme Festival, Rochester, MI September 14, 2019, Annual fall festival geared towards young families. This popular event offers archery, nature crafts, face painters, balloon artists, stilt walker, children’s musicians, rock wall, and zip line. All activities are FREE including hot dogs and chips.
- Fallasburg Arts Festival, Lowell, MI September 14-15, 2019, Fallasburg Park. The event features 100 unique fine art and fine crafts booths, live music featuring regional musicians, a children’s craft area, and food booths. Craft demonstrations will occur nside a large pavilion on both days. Free. 10:00 am-5:00 pm both days.
- Michigan Firemen's Memorial Festival, Roscommon, MI September 19-21, 2019, Annual Michigan Firemen Memorial Festival is for everyone! Shows, clowns, and free hot dogs. Check out the display of New Fire Trucks, Fire Apparatus, Crafts, Parades, a “memorial service” for “Fallen Firefighters” and much More. Firefighting competitions and fire Demos are a big part of the fun festival. Lots of refreshments, music and dancing.
- Frankenmuth Oktoberfest, Frankenmuth, MI September 19-22, 2019, Traditional Oktoberfest in Heritage Park. Thursday September 19, 3:00 pm and closing at 10:00 pm. Friday, Saturday-noon to Midnight, Sunday-noon to 6:00 pm. Tickets for the Frankenmuth Oktoberfest can be purchased at the gate. The event features authentic entertainment, dancing, Oktoberfest souvenirs, various food selections, and authentic Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfest beer. One of our favorite September Michigan festivals!
- Trek the Mighty Mac, St. Ignace, MI September 20-21, 2019 Parade starts in Mackinaw City and ends in St. Ignace
- Festival of the Forks, Albion, MI September 20-21 2019. A celebration of creativity and diversity in historic downtown Albion, Michigan. Music, ethnic food, creative art, and fun for the whole family.
- Artalicious Fine Arts Fair Adrian, MI September 20-21, 2019, Art fair with more than 80 artists in historic downtown Adrian and a celebration of heritage and community. Enjoy local food, professional artists and performers, music and theater. Lots of hands-on activities for kids and adults alike!
- Romulus Pumpkin Festival, Romulus, MI September 20-21, 2019, Downtown Romulus celebrates with a night parade where everything is lighted from bicycles to cement trucks on Goddard Road. The street festival offers wonderful music, food, crafts and games for all ages. Pumpkin rolling, pumpkin pie eating or pumpkin seed-spitting contest. Visit or enter the Classic Car Show, Classic Tractor Show or just relax and listen to the music. The Downtown Festival is a celebration of friends and family.
- AppleFest and Craft Show, Coldwater, MI September 21, 2019. A great September Michigan event!
- Michigan Apple Fest, Sparta, MI September 21, 2019, The Michigan Apple Fest is a family oriented event celebrating the harvest of fresh fruits and vegetables grown in Sparta, MI, the heart of apple country.
- Jackson County Family Farm Fest, Jackson, MI September 21, 2019, Free family-oriented tours of farm and agricultultural businesses; visit any or all, on your own schedule. Tours, animals, tractor rides, fresh veggies, farm animals, horses, baby animals! This event features farm tours of several area farms.The tour will showcase some of Jackson County’s finest farms, agri-businesses and country estates including Curtis Farm, YMCA Storer Camps, Nellie’s Lavender Farm, and Napoleon Feed Mill. Tours run from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tours are free and open to all. For more info contact MSU Extension-Jackson County at (517) 788-4292. https://michiganfun.com/event/jackson-county-family-farmfest/
- Parade of Nations, Houghton, MI September 21, 2019, Parade of Nations—Celebrating Cultural Diversity. Parade, festival featuring food and entertainment from countries around the world. It’s an extravaganza of tastes, sounds, sights and experiences. The colorful parade features floats created by international students and community organizations, marching bands and flags of 60 nations. It winds its way from Hancock, across the iconic Portage Lift Bridge, through downtown Houghton, ending up at Dee Stadium. Thousands of people pack the stadium to sample cuisine of more than 20 countries and to enjoy entertainment.
- Fall Fest, St. Joseph, September 21, 2019, 11 am - 3:00 p.m. Free!
- Annual Harvest Fest, Vineyard 2121, Benton Harbor, September 21, 2019, 12 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Howard City Harvest Festival, Howard City, MI September 21, 2019 Howard City celebrates its annual Harvest Festival all day Saturday! Packed with events for the entire family! All children’s activities are free! 10:00 A.M. – 10:00 P.M
Schedule of events include:
Scarecrow Making and Take, Inflatables, Petting Zoo, Children’s Hands-on-Art- Tent, Pony Rides Balloon twister, Face painter, Arts & Crafts, Car, Motorcycle, & Tractor shows, Musical Entertainment, Grand parade, 5k Run/ Walk, Children’s Parade, Public Safety Parade of Lights, Teen Dance, Fireworks and more!
- Pte. Mouillee Waterfowl Festival, Brownstown, MI September 21-22, 2019, Michigan duck hunters tournament, Lake Erie championship layout shoot, wildlife arts & craft show, Huron river distance dog jumps, outdoor trading post, goose & duck calling contest, antiques, boats, auction, hip boot race and Great Lakes sling shot contest. The Largest Fresh Water Marsh Restoration Project in North America!
- Fall Vintage Camper Show and Flea Market, September 21-22, 2019, Cornwell's Turkeyville, Marshall, MI, 10-4 p.m.
- Buy Michigan Now Fall Fest, Jackson, MI September 21, 2019, This festival celebrates the harvest season and showcases products made in Michigan. Children’s activities, live entertainment, and the opportunity to taste and buy a variety of locally-produced foods. Great place to buy gifts and support local businesses. Visit their website for more info. Cool September Michigan event!
- Festival of the Senses, Clinton Township, MI September 21-22, 2019. This festival is a finer art fair featuring 100+ artists, non-profits, food vendors and special displays with entertainment. Artists represent every medium of art including textile, painting, photography, sculpture, woodworking and metal. Oh, and don't miss the dog parade that kicks off the festival. Historic Village Events, Vintage Baseball games, Classic Car Invitational and admission and parking is free.
- Midland Antique Festival, Sept 21-22, 2019 Nearly a thousand antique dealers setup at the Midland County Fairgrounds carrying vintage goods, antiques, collectibles & so much more. Along with the vast array of Antique Dealers is Michigan’s largest swap meet. Folks from all over bring their garage sale items to the swap meet/flea market area. On top of that is also one of Michigan’s longest running Car Shows! I absolutely love this show-shabby chic, car show, swap meet, antiques.
- Appledore Tall Ship Sails, Bay City, Sail the Saginaw Bay! Enjoy the sails, the sunset, and a delicious catered dinner. Friday night sails feature a light BBQ dinner and run from 6p – 9p. Saturday night Dinner Sails are four hours long and many feature live entertainment! Plus special sails! Click here for the schedule! Things to do in Michigan
- Michigan Renaissance Festival, (weekends and labor day only) Holly Michigan. This is a great September Michigan event, we have gone many times!
More September Michigan Events!
- Night Lights-Sky Lantern Festival, September 21, 2019, 3-10 p.m. Auto City Speedway, 10205 North Saginaw Road, Clio, MI. Cost $15-$65. Buy tickets early to save. Inspired by the traditional Thai Lantern Festival, Night Lights is an all-new and completely re-imagined sky lantern experience. Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime memory as lanterns are launched just after dusk. Don't miss this popular September Michigan festival!
- Hillsdale County Fair, MI September 22-28, 2019, Hillsdale, The 169th Annual Hillsdale County Fair includes a Midway, Livestock & Still Exhibits, Concessions and Vendors, Parades, Horseshoe Tournaments, Peddle Pull, Talent Show, Free Entertainment and Grandstand Entertainment including, Demolition Derby, NTPA Truck & Tractor Pulls, Farm Tractor Pull and Horse, Pony & Mule Pulls.
- Festival of the Pines, Lake City, MI Sep 26-29In celebration of our area Christmas Tree and logging industries. Beverage Tent with music both Friday and Saturday. Prince & Princess of the Pines contest, horseshoe Competition, indoor arts & crafts show, lumberjack competitions, Chili Cook-off, youth archery competition, lumberjack breakfasts and more! This is one heck of a fun September Michigan event!
- Atlanta Elk Festival, Atlanta, MI September 27-29, 2019, Vendors, auction, games, petting zoo, beer tent, live bands and more!
- Clinton Fall Festival, Clinton, MI September 27-29, 2019. Visitors will enjoy strolling through the village streets to observe 225 crafts, lost arts exhibit, free entertainment, carnival, children’s events, merchant’s area, car show, and parade. Free Parking and Shuttles. Visit the Historic Village of Clinton.
- The Northwood University International Auto Show (NUIAS) September 27-29, 2019 is the largest outdoor new car show in North America! Northwood University students work to display over 500 vehicles from 65 manufacturers. It is 100% student run and free. We go every year as I love to see the new motorhomes, recreational vehicles and new cars! One of our favorite September Michigan events!
- Marshall Skeleton Festival, September 28, 2019, Marshall, MI , 2-9 p.m. Free!
- Port Huron Beer Festival, Port Huron, MI, September 28, 2019, A tribute to craft beer. An afternoon of fun for the beer lover!
- Acme Fall Festival, Williamsburg, MI September 28, 2019. 10am to 4pm, at Flintfields on Bates Road in Williamsburg. Events include Classic Car show, Kids events, Wings of Wonder live raptor show, Bake sale and Farmers market, Craft show, Silent auction, Princess Competition, and Hospice Memorial butterfly release!
- Harvest Fest, Flushing, MI September 28, 2019. Flushing’s Harvest Festival is an annual event for the whole family. Live stage performances, Chili Cook-off, Apple pie eating contest, Children’s Activities, and more. Located in the heart of the Downtown Business District. Don't miss this September Michigan event!
- Webster Fall Festival, Dexter, MI September 28, 2019. Our annual Fall Festival is held at the corner of Farrell and Webster Church road. Featuring local artists, kids activities, food, hay rides, old-time school sessions, and more!
- War Memorial Sault International Festival of Races and Oktoberfest, Sault Ste. Marie September 28, 2019. Join up to 500 runners as part of the Annual Sault International Festival of Races. This Festival of Races provides runners with a unique opportunity to experience the Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge like never before and run alongside the St. Mary’s River, all set against the backdrop of beautiful fall foliage and cool E.U.P. temperatures. The Bridge Run (7.1 Miles) and Half Marathon run the International Bridge, however, we are NOT entering Canada. Our route turns around prior to passing through Canada Customs. Join us after the race in Downtown Sault Ste. Marie for Oktoberfest starting at 10 a.m. Don't miss this popular September Michigan festival!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Popular Pages You Might Like!!
Traveling Michigan Home Page