The Ultimate 2023 Guide of September Michigan Calendar of Events, Labor Day Weekend, Fairs, Oktoberfest, Music Festivals-Best Things to Do in Michigan in Fall! + Sunflowers, Art Prize and Apple Orchards!
September Michigan Events and Things to Do | By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Last updated: May 17, 2023
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2023 September events in Michigan, festivals, places to visit, fairs, music and fun things to do in Michigan for families, couples and friends this summer!
See our Boredom Zapping Ideas!
Popular Michigan Destinations in September:
Detroit, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Petoskey, Charlevoix, Midland, South Haven, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids, Upper Peninsula and more!
Plan your September Michigan trip or vacation around our inspiring festivals and events!
September Michigan events and festivals are full swing! Blues, music and art festivals are just a few of September events to look forward to! Lots of places to visit in Michigan in September.
- Plus, Monday, September 4, 2023 is Labor Day with September 2, 2023 and September 3, 2023 as Labor Day Weekend. See our numerous Michigan Labor Day Events 2023.
September Michigan travel is absolutely stunning as our nights are cooler but our days are sunny and perfect for discovering forest walks, great restaurants and fun festivals!
Let's travel Michigan together as there are so many September events and fall festivals in Michigan!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our September Michigan adventures! We hope you enjoy our September Michigan events.
So Many Fun Things To Do In September!
What is There to do in September Michigan time frame?
September Michigan is filled with events, festivals and fun!
See below for top places to visit in Michigan in September!
September Events Table of Contents
What is there to do in Northern Michigan in the fall?
September and well, all of fall in Northern Michigan is absolutely beautiful! We recommend visiting Munising and all of the surrounding Upper Peninsula waterfalls.
September is a lovely time to visit as the weather is cooler and there are lots of outdoor things to do in September in Michigan.
We also love visiting Whitefish Point and it's such an interesting place to see reenactments and see the Edward Fitzgerald bell!
Michigan Fall is in Full Swing! Check the September Events 2023 Calendar Below!
See what's happening in September 2023! Lots of September things to do!
- “Heroes & Villains: The Art of the Disney Costume” Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation, June 25-Jan. 1, 2023. With more than 70 costumes, Heroes & Villains will immerse you in the world of Disney, illustrating how an audience’s understanding of its iconic characters is shaped through the artistry and creativity of its costumes. Admission to both exhibitions is free with membership or ticket purchase to Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation.
- Michigan Renaissance Festival, (weekends) from August 19-October 1, 2023. Holly Michigan. + Labor Day, September 4, 2023 and Festival Friday, September 20, 2023. 10:00 am - 7:00 pm. This is a great September Michigan event, we have gone many times!
- Visit Dahlia Hill in Midland Michigan! Free! Dahlia Hill is a beautiful terraced garden of several varieties of dahlia flowers. It's breathtaking to see! 300 Unique Dahlias. 3,000 Tubers Planted. 2809 Orchard Dr. Midland, MI. Dahlia Hill is blooming August through September. Perfect September Michigan road road trip! Be sure to grab our Midland Michigan travel guide too!
- Steamboat Park Live Music Cruises, Begins May 12, 2023 - September 2023 on the Grand Lady Riverboat, 825 Taylor St, Jenison, MI 49428 (Grand Rapids). Enjoy a cruise and live music on the Grand River. Definitely a Michigan fun late summer/early fall event!
- Founders Brewing Tour & Tasting, Select days in September 2023 (see their website for specific days), fee, Founders Brewing Company, 235 Grandville Ave. SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503. Enjoy a guided tour of their downtown Grand Rapids brewing facility and learn Founders history. Fun September Michigan activity!
- Holland Tasting Tours, A Taste of Holland History at Holland Energy Park, Select dates through September. Holland is one of our favorite places to visit in Michigan in September as the weather is cooler and the crowds are less!
- Horse Drawn Scenic Tours of Grand Rapids, Common Gentry Carriage Co., Friday's and Saturdays, 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 pm, Common Gentry Carriage Co. Based at Rosa Parks Circle in front of Big B Coffee and Kilwins Chocolate, 146 Monroe Center St. NW Grand Rapids. Fee Walk-ups are welcome. Fantastic romantic September Michigan event for couples!
Check out our HUGE List of Labor Day Weekend Events, Parades and Fun Things to do!
Labor Day Weekend 2023 Michigan Events:
September 1, 2023, September 2, 2023 and September 3, 2023
- Soaring Eagle Arts, Beats & Eats - Friday, September 1-4, 2023 (through Labor Day.) Features 200 musical acts! It’s Oakland County’s Favorite Summer Festival Celebrating Art, Music, Cuisine & Community! Takes place in Downtown Royal Oak on Labor Day Weekend. Super fun end of summer celebration not to be missed! Fun Royal Oak Labor Day Weekend Events.
- 30th Annual Keweenaw Mountain Lodge Copper Harbor Trails Fest - September 2 - September 3, 2023. The annual Labor Day Weekend event features races, music, beer, and good times on Saturday and Sunday! So grab your bike and plan for a weekend in Michigan's Upper Peninsula! Enjoy the best of what Copper Harbor, MI has to offer with us all weekend!
- Michigan Bean Festival, in Fairgrove, Michigan. Labor Day Weekend. Demolition Derby, dunk tank, happy hour, fireworks at 9:30 on Sunday night…Monday is the parade, tractor show, and Chicken BBQ…bingo and corn hole.
- Romeo Peach Festival 2023 - TBD, in Downtown Romeo. Market, craft shows, carnival rides, run, food trucks, wine, music and fireworks! Great September Michigan festival for the whole family!
- DeBucks Sunflower Farm Sunflower Festival - September 2023 tbd 50240 Martz Rd, Belleville, MI 48111. Buy your tickets early! They have 15 acres of sunflowers for you to experience. That’s 12 football fields of sunflowers!
- Detroit Jazz Festival - Fun Detroit Labor Day Weekend Events in Detroit. During the Detroit Jazz Festival, you can enjoy jazz all weekend long!
- Festival of Oddities - Saturday, September 2, 2023, 11am-6pm and Sunday, September 3, 2023 11am-4pm. Located at Courthouse Square Museum, 100 W. Lawrence Ave, Charlotte, MI. Admission to the grounds is free for all ages. Admission to the historic Courthouse Square Museum is $5/person.
The Festival of Oddities will feature over 100 of the state’s most talented artists and makers. Food Truck Row, macabre-themed photo booth, caricatures, play vintage carnival games, visit the Axe Wall and check out the Living Library which features the best paranormal, true crime, and horror authors in the state. Fantastic September Michigan event.
- Corvette Fest -September 2, 2023. 10:00 am and 3:00 pm. Canterbury Village, Lake Orion. Corvette Fest is a premier Show of over 150 Corvettes displayed at Olde Canterbury Village. Spectator admission to Corvette Fest is free. Browse the shops on the Village grounds. Great family friendly September event!
- The Wild Pumpkin - Sunflower Days beginning September 2–3, 2023, 10 am–6 pm and September 9–10, 2023, 10 am–6 pm. Lots of things to do in Michigan! Animal petting farm, wagon ride around the farm (weather permitting), corn maze, hay/straw maze, pumpkin picking out in the field, mum and wildflower fields and more! 5799 Beaverton Road, Beaverton MI
- Arts Dockside, St. Ignace, September 2 and 3, 2023: This 2-day Labor Weekend event features over 100 exhibits of arts and crafts along the Huron Boardwalk at the St. Ignace Public Marina. Food, music and many great activities await! Don't forget to schedule time for the Annual Labor Day Mackinac Bridge Walk on Monday. Arts Dockside hours are Saturday, September 2, 9:00 am-6:00 pm; Sunday, September 3, 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
- Harmony Fest - Arts & Crafts – Labor Day Weekend Festival, Harrisville, Michigan. September 2 and 3, 2023! Located at corner of US 23 and M72. An annual event held every Saturday and Sunday preceding Labor Day in Harrisville, Michigan, and featuring many talented artists and crafters from around the country. Listen to the Sweet Adeline’s and live Musicians while perusing over 300 booths. Kids/Family Activities on the Tennis Courts on Saturday from 10am – 2pm, with prizes.
- Have you heard that Colon, Michigan is the Magic Capital of the World? Head to the Sterlini Theater to see Saturday shows in September!
- Lake Bluff Artisan Fair, September 2, 2023 | 10:00 am - 5:00 pm.
This eclectic craft fair, held in picturesque Lake Bluff Park, offers a variety of handcrafted goods. There's something for everyone - anything from home decor and furniture to jewelry, candles and more!
32nd Annual Labor Day Weekend Show in Tawas, September 2 2023, 10 am - 5 pm and September 3, 2023, 10 am - 4pm. Shoreline Park, Tawas City, Across from Iosco County Building
- Michigan Chicken Wing Festival, September 2nd & 3rd, 2023, 2 pm - 9 pm
at Adado Riverfront Park
Lansing. The Michigan Chicken Wing Festival features a main stage with musical acts from all genres, live entertainment, pro wrestling, kids zone, a game trailer, giveaways, VIP beer and wine refreshment tent, a chicken wing eating contest and more. What a fun September Michigan event!
- All Crafts Fair - 298 Dyckman Avenue, South Haven, MI. Each Labor Day Weekend (September 2, 3, 2023) the Chamber of Commerce coordinates this two day craft fair that brings over 130 exhibitors to Stanley Johnston Park and more than 15,000 people to the South Haven area. Craft fairs are fun things
to do Labor Day weekend 2023 Michigan.
- The Wild Pumpkin, Sunflower Days, September 2–3, 2023, 10am–6pm and September 9–10, 2023, 10am–6pm. 5799 Beaverton Rd., Beaverton, MI 48612. One of our favorite places to visit in Michigan in September.
- Uncle John's Cider Mill - Sunflower Fest, (August 19, 2023) and September 2, 3, 9, 2023. On September 3: Cruise in Car show 9-3, Live Music 1-4 at the tap room, Food Trucks, kids activities, cider mill and more! See our visit to Uncle John's Cider Mill!
- Escanaba Labor Day Celebration, Monday September 4th 2023 Ludington Municipal Docks, Escanaba (Upper Peninsula)12:00 PM ~ Parade down Ludington Street to the Municipal Dock
12:00 - 8:00 PM - Food and Tent Vendors
1:00 PM - Petting Zoo and Bounce Houses
1:00 PM - 8:00 PM ~ Bloody Mary Bar
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM ~ Music by Sit Down Francis
4:30 PM - 8:00 PM ~ Music by We Ain’t Saints
- Mackinac Bridge Walk Labor Day, Annual Walk - September 4, 2023, Free!
Day 2023 Michigan. 7am- 12:00 noon. Plan your iconic bridge walk with our tips and things every walker should know! Super awesome September Michigan event for the whole family! We'll be at this freakin' awesome September Michigan event!
- Franklin’s Fine Art Fair/Roundup Family Fair/Art in the Village - September 4, 2023, Midway Games, Pony Rides, Bake Sale, Antique Auto Show, Petting Farm, Giant Inflatables, Clowns, Magician, Fine Art Fair… Monday, Labor Day, from 10 am to 5 pm. So come on out to the fun Franklin Roundup 2023 as it's a great Michigan fall festival 2023!
Check out our EVEN BIGGER List of Festivals, Events, Music, Parades, Things To Do on Labor Day Weekend!!
Best Michigan Apple Cider Mills
Amazing Michigan Sunflower Fields and Farms
It's time to start thinking about Michigan in fall!! It's so much fun to visit Michigan's cider mills and apple orchards! Sunflowers are also in full bloom and wow, Michigan sunflowers are exquisite!
You just gotta see the vast fields yourself this fall.
Second Weekend, Sept 8, 9 and 10th
- Harvest Festival at Jollay Orchards - September - October, 2023. Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 10am-5:30pm. Check their dates, times, prices and info on their Jollay Orchards website. Jump on the Hayride as it is your mode of transportation at Jollay Orchards Harvest Festival. The hayride stops at the Apple Orchard, the Pumpkin Patch, the Haunted House, and the Farm Market.
- Traverse City Tournament of Champions - Great Lakes Equestrian Festival, September 6 – 10, 2023. 6535 Bates Rd, Williamsburg, MI. Gates open at 12:00 PM. Fee.
- Charlotte Frontier Days, Charlotte, MI September 6-9, 2023, The Charlotte Frontier Days festival includes Arts and Crafts, Parade (Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 10:00 am), Pony Rides, Market, Petting Zoo, Mechanical Bull Rides, Helicopter Rides, Saloon.
- Richmond Area Good Old Days Festival, Richmond, MI September 7-10, 2023, The Richmond Good Old Days Festival was voted MICHIGAN'S BEST Small Town Festival. Carnival, motor sports, Grand parade (Sunday, Sept. 10, 2023), fireworks and more! Fireworks Show is Saturday, September 9th, 2023 at 9:30 p.m. So many great things to do in Michigan in September including lots of September festivals!
- Farmhouse Living Fair - Hippie/Farm Living Fair - Sept 8, 9, 10, 2023 at the Ionia County Fairgrounds. 317 S. Dexter Ionia, Michigan. 100s of home interior designers, artisans, antiques, primitives, vintage, mid-century, architectural salvage with musicians and chefs. Join the fun to camp, sing, play, dance and hunt amazing finds. It's a Vintage Market+Country Music+Food Festival.
- Emerald Isle Irish Feile, September 8 and 9, 2023, on Beaver Island. Bands, food, fun! The Irish Feile is a showcase of the unique Irish heritage of Beaver Island, also known as America’s Emerald Isle.
- 2023 Great Lakes Herb Faire, September 8 - 10, 2023. Cedar Lake Outdoor Center, 2500 Pierce Rd, Chelsea, Michigan.
- Paw Paw Wine & Harvest Festival, Paw Paw, MI, September 8-10, 2023, Michigan’s largest wine and harvest festival! Great September events to enjoy! Fun winery tours & tasting from St. Julian Winery, pickleball tournament, kayak race, live entertainment, grape stomp, arts & crafts fair, carnival rides, duck race, car show, parade, fireworks, kids activities, & much more for the entire family! Fun Michigan festival 2023!
- Brighton's Smokin' Jazz & Barbecue Blues Festival, Brighton, MI September 8, 2023, 5pm - 11pm, September 9, 2023, 12 pm-11 pm, Downtown Brighton. Fun September activities 2023. Award winning barbecue will once again be smokin’ up Main Street from Grand River to 1st Street; serving up ribs, pulled pork, beef brisket, pork tenderloin, sweet treats, specialty mac n’ cheese and much more.
Jazz and blues will be live at the beer tent located on Mill Pond Lane (in the municipal parking lot behind Great Harvest Bread Company) Cover charge. Check their website for all the events!!! It's a September Michigan festival you can't miss!
- Posen Potato Festival, Posen, MI, September 8-10, 2023, Good food and polka music, parade, flea market, carnival, 5k, arts & crafts, more. Grand parade is on Sunday! Tasty September Michigan event!
- Wheatland Music Festival, Remus, MI September 8-10, 2023, Come check out the star-studded lineup on the main stage at Wheatland Music Festival! Plus there is a juried arts and crafts show, raffle, kids activities, instrument and dance workshops, music, food, fellowship and fun! Incredible concerts in Michigan September 2023.
Flower | Apple | Sunflower | U Pick Farms
Visit Incredible Michigan Flower Farms
May through September are prime flower picking months! Find Michigan Flower Farms near you for u pick...glorious tulips, daisies, poppies, mums, sunflowers, lavender!
More Fun September Michigan Events and Festivals!
More fun September Michigan Events and Michigan Festivals September 2023. Be sure to check the event's webpage for clarification, information, fees and reservations before visiting.
- Frankenmuth Auto Fest, September 8-10, 2023 is one of our must-do events in September!! Over 2000 classic cars, street rods and muscle cars. Enjoy a weekend of fun and entertainment! Friday night Big Block Party on Main Street is always a great time from 5-10 pm. Saturday and Sunday view the classic cars in Heritage Park. Fantastic September Michigan event for the whole family. We go every year!
- Plymouth Community Fall Festival, Plymouth, MI September 8-10, 2023. Check of the festival with a carnival, fun rides, car show, craft show, and a street full of community food booths. What a fun September Michigan festival!
- Allegan County Fair. September 8-16, 2023, 150 Douglas St, Allegan, MI. Established in 1852, the county fair livestock barns and arenas are some of the largest in the state and make a prime spot for witnessing rodeo performances. Awesome Things to do in Michigan.
September is the month for incredible Michigan apple and cider festivals! Check out our HUGE list of Michigan Apple Festivals located all across the state!
- 2023 Art & Apples Festival is Friday, September 8, 2023: 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Saturday, September 9, 2023: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Sunday, September 10, 2023: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Event is FREE. Art & Apples Festival Location: Rochester Municipal Park.
- Paw Paw Wine and Harvest Festival - September 8-10, 2023. So many things to do at the Paw Paw Wine and Harvest Festival! Grape stomp, duck race, events at St. Julian Winery, pickleball tournament, live music, kayaking, 5k run/walk, bike tour and so much more!
- Silver Lake Sand Dunes Apple & BBQ Festival, Silver Lake, MI, September 8-9, 2023. This fun festival highlights yummy BBQ and apples! The Silver Lake Apple Fest is held downtown Silver Lake. Come on out for the Craft Show, Classic Car & ORV Show, Farm Market, Kid's Activities, Beer Tent, 5K Apple A Day Run/Walk, Live Entertainment & Great Food. This is one heck of a fun September Michigan event!
- 43rd Annual NSRA Street Rod Nationals North, September 8th, 9th & 10th, 2023, Kalamazoo County Expo Center, Kalamazoo, Michigan. Chris and I have attended this show many times. There are fantastic cars and trucks showcased across the grounds, vendors inside the barns and lots of fair type food options. Plan to spend about three hours to see it all. Fun September 2023 Calendar event!
- 4th Annual Oscoda Rockfest - September 9, 2023. See incredible bands such as Adaboy!, Zachzillas!, Lori & the Darlings and more! Located at Veteran's Memorial Park, 4000 N. Skeel Ave, Oscoda, MI
- Michigan Brewers Guild U.P. Fall Beer Festival, Marquette, MI September 9, 2023, One of our favorite festivals in September! Join nearly 100 Michigan breweries to sample from more than 800 craft beers overlooking beautiful lake Superior in downtown Marquette. U.P. Fall Beer Festival will be held at Mattson Lower Harbor Park in Marquette. General Admission is 1-6pm, with the gates opening at Noon for a VIP hour for Enthusiast Members. Fun 2023 September Michigan upper peninsula festival and fun things to do in Michigan!
- Leaman's Green Apple Barn 38th Annual Country Craft Show -September 9-10, 2023. 7475 N. River Road, Freeland, MI. Baked goods, donuts, cider, quilts, photography, jewelry, wreaths and more!
- Barktoberfest - Cancelled 2023. (Due to construction at Memorial Park for the new Michigan WWII Legacy Memorial, the event will not be held this year. Stay tuned for 2024). Memorial Park, 31100 Woodward Avenue Royal Oak MI. Barktoberfest encourages you to leash up your pup and enjoy locally brewed beer, food and live music, vendor booths and great products for your pets, cool wearables. Dogs can compete in the Howl-a-ween Costume Contest, Weiner Dog Race, and more.
- Fall Family Days, Gagetown, MI, Saturday, September 9, 2023 and Sunday, September 11, 2023. Thumb Octagon Barn Agricultural Museum, 4968 Ritchie Road, Gagetown, MI (located east of Bay City in the Thumb of Michigan). A Fish Fry is also planned for Friday, September 8th. The barn, home, one room country school and school museum. powerhouse, sawmill, sugar shack and grain elevator are open for tours with live old-fashioned music on the grounds. Tons of homemade foods and live field demonstrations. One of our favorite places to visit in Michigan in September.
- Oakland Irish Fest, Berkley, MI, September 9, 2023. Street fair with a fun Irish theme. The County Oakland Irish Fest is a free, small town street fair. Local Irish folk musicians and dancers will provide entertainment on two stages. There will be vendors and craftsmen, a children's activity area, Irish Cultural display, and a contest for the best legs in a kilt. Enjoy Irish music and Irish Dance throughout the day with performers ranging from solo folk singers, traditional Irish music, and Celtic rock.
- Autumn Color Tour River Cruise, Bay City Sails, Wenonah Park in downtown Bay City, 107 5th Street, Bay City, MI. Select Fridays and Saturdays in September 2023. Visit their website to buy tickets. Fun fall things to do in September 2023.
- 58th Annual Marshall Historic Home Tour, September 9-10, 2023, Tickets will be on sale mid to late summer of 2023. Six to eight privately owned homes representing various architechural styles. Tour includes the Honolulu House Museum, Marshall Historical Museum at the GAR Hall, Capitol Hill School Museum, Governor's Mansion, Walters Gasoline Museum and Marshall United States Postal Service Museum. Art at the Museum, a juried fine arts and crafts fair, on the Honolulu House Museum grounds both days. This Marshall Historic Home Tour is the Midwest's longest-running home tour! So many interesting things to do in September! See top things to do in Marshall!
- Self Guided Recycling Center Tours, Presented By Kent County Department of Public Works, Saturday, September 9, 2023 from 9:00am-12:00pm. Monday, September 11, 2023 from 9:00am-12:00pm. Monday, September 18, 2023 from 9:00am-12:00pm. Monday September 25, 2023 from 9:00am-12:00pm. 977 Wealthy St SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. FREE! Learn all about recycling, watch their workers and machines sort right in front of you! Fantastic September Michigan event for the whole family.
- Classic Car Show - Johnson's Giant Pumpkins, 4715 N Portsmouth Rd, Saginaw, MI 48601, Sunday, September 10, 2023, 11 am – 3 pm. We attended this show last year and fully enjoyed it! The farm has super cute animal, photo opportunities, a super lovely shop with treats and gifts.
- Lansing Bridal Expo, September 10, 2023, 1-4pm. From bouquets to bridal gowns, you'll find everything you need for your perfect wedding! Ford Community & Performing Arts Center, Dearborn, MI. Free September Michigan event for brides!
- Post Family Fun Farm Days, Post Family Farm, 5801 Bauer Road, Hudsonville, MI. Fun Farm Days 2023 Dates: Monday – Friday, September 11 – November 3, 2023. M-Th (12pm-7pm), Fri (12pm-6pm) Additional Fun Farm Days are Saturday Sept. 9, 2023 and Nov. 4, 2023 (10am-4pm) Admission: $7/person (ages 2+)Admission includes: Hayride to the Pumpkin Patch, Corn Maze, Pumpkin Train Ride, Friendly farm animals, Outdoor play areas – kiddie corrals, Giant tube slides, Nature Trail and more! + Homemade Pumpkin Donuts and award-winning Apple Cider are available for purchase during your visit. So many things to do in September 2023!
Third Weekend Sept 14, 15, 16, 17
- Metro Boat Show, Harrison Twp, MI September 14-17, 2023, Lake St. Clair Metropark, 31300 Metro Parkway, Harrison Township, MI. Boat and outdoor recreation show featuring boats in the water and on land. Lots of other outdoor recreation exhibits.
This event takes place along the beautiful shoreline of Lake St. Clair and includes live music in the Tiki Bar, lawn games, and much more. Hours: Thurs. – Friday: 1pm – 7:30pm. Saturday: 11am – 7:30pm, Sunday: 11am – 6pm. Admission: Adults $10, Children 12 and under free with an adult. Fun September Michigan event!
- Troy Family Daze Festival, Troy, MI, September 14-17, 2023, Celebrate family, fun, heritage and cuisine. The festival, which has been celebrating Troy since 1968, is an all volunteer run event.
Troy Family Daze offers plenty of free, paved on-site parking and features many activities including entertainment, wrestling show, amusement rides, food and community booths, children’s entertainment, fireworks and much more. Fun September Michigan event for the whole family.
- Funtown Chowdown Food Truck Festival Frankenmuth 2023. It’s time for the Funtown Chowdown, Frankenmuth’s Annual Food Truck Festival at Frankenmuth River Place Shops! The fun takes place in the parking lot east of the shopping complex on September 14, 2023.
Each food truck festival will showcase special activities and entertainment along with a variety of great food and specialty tap takeovers. Pop on down to Frankenmuth River Place Shops (925 South Main Street, Frankenmuth, MI). Admission: FREE, Chowdown is is one of our favorite things to do in Michigan in August!
- Metro Boat Show, September 14-17, 2023, Lake St. Clair Metropark, 31300 Metro Pkwy, Harrison Charter Township, MI 48045. Hours: Thurs. – Friday: 1pm – 7:30 pm, Saturday: 11am – 7:30pm and Sunday: 11am – 6pm
- Michigan Firemen's Memorial Festival, Roscommon, MI September 14-17, 2023, Annual Michigan Firemen Memorial Festival is for everyone! Shows, clowns, and free hot dogs. Check out the display of New Fire Trucks, Fire Apparatus, Crafts, Parades, a “memorial service” for “Fallen Firefighters” and much More. Firefighting competitions and fire Demos are a big part of the fun festival. Lots of refreshments, music and dancing at this September Michigan festival!
- 2023 North American International Auto Show in Detroit -Public Show is September 16 – 24, 2023. See the Detroit Auto Show details.
- Lavender Hill Farm’s Second Annual Sunflower Festival and Bar Market! September 16, 2023. Lavender Hill Farm, Boyne City, 7354 Horton Bay Rd. North, Boyne City, MI. Pack a blanket or lawn chair and come out for the day. Attend a yoga class, take a guided sunflower tour, paint a pumpkin, shop the Barn Market, and listen to live music while you play lawn games and enjoy food and drink. There is no charge to visit and explore our farm. See the schedule on their webpage.
- 50th Annual Eastown Streetfair in Grand Rapids is Saturday, September 16, 2023, 9:00 AM 8:00 PM. Located at Wealthy and Lake Dr. SE, Grand Rapids, MI. This annual fall event is a family-friendly celebration of arts, crafts, food, music.
- Keepsake Arts and Crafts Shows 2023:
- September 16,17, 2023 - 10 am - 5 pm, Uncle John's Cider Mill, 8614 N. US127 St. Johns, Mi 48879
- November 11, 2023 - 9 am - 3:30 pm. Morey Courts, 5175 E. Remus Rd. | Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
- December 2,3, 2023 - Clarkston High School. Sat. 10 am – 4 pm, Sun. 11 am – 4 pm. 6093 Flemings Lake Road, off Clarkston Road | Clarkston, Michigan
- December 9, 2023 - Horizons Center, Sat. 9 am – 3:00 pm.
6200 State Street | Saginaw, Michigan
- Erebus Haunted Attraction, Pontiac, MI Fridays and Saturdays in September 2023 TBD. BUY YOUR TICKETS ONLINE! Erebus, The four story Michigan haunted house in downtown Pontiac delivers fear and excitement to any thrill seeker brave enough to cross its threshold. So scary!
Explore 40 haunted houses in Michigan if you dare...
The BIG LIST of Oktoberfest Michigan Events and Festivals
The BIG LIST of Michigan Oktoberfest Festivals, Events and Fun Across the State!
- Frankenmuth Oktoberfest, Frankenmuth, MI. September 14-17, 2023, Frankenmuth Oktoberfest in Heritage Park, Frankenmuth, MI. Purchase tickets for the Frankenmuth Oktoberfest at the gate. The event features authentic entertainment, dancing, Oktoberfest souvenirs, various food selections, and authentic Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfest beer. There's a shuttle, too. One of our favorite September Michigan festivals!
- Richard Crane Memorial Truck Show, St. Ignace, MI September 15-17, 2023. The Richard Crane Memorial Truck Show is one of the largest U.S. displays of customized 18-wheelers and antique trucks; showing Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday evening, spectators line St. Ignace’s main street for the “Big Rig” Parade of Lights heading for the Mackinac Bridge and back again for Sunday’s show. Car/small truck show Saturday. Swap meet, vendors and music. Free admission to this September Michigan auto show.
- Paranormal Lighthouse Tours, Recurring weekly on Friday at Marquette Maritime Museum and Lighthouse, Marquette, Michigan with Yooper Paranormal. September 2023 TBD at 7pm-8:30pm. What a fun Paranormal Tour of the Marquette Harbor Lighthouse! Buy your tickets ahead of time. 18 and over only. Fun things to do in Michigan September 2023.
- Festival of the Forks, Albion, MI September 15-16, 2023. A celebration of creativity and diversity in historic downtown Albion, Michigan. Music, ethnic food, creative art, and fun for the whole family. What a fun 2022 Michigan music festival!
- South Haven Jazz Festival, September 15-16, 2023, Dyckman Park 540 Phoenix Street, South Haven, MI. Free!! Awesome Michigan music festival 2022!
- Romulus Pumpkin Festival, Romulus, MI. September 15, 16, & 17, 2023, will take place in the Romulus Historical Park located 11147 Hunt Street, Romulus, MI. Downtown Romulus celebrates with a night parade where everything is lighted from bicycles to cement trucks on Goddard Road.
The annual Pumpkin Festival is a three-day event that starts on the third Friday in September. This family friendly festival kicks off with the Parade of Lights, where everything is aglow, from bicycles to cement trucks. Thousands of people line Goddard Road to wait for the fun. This September Michigan festival offers music, food, crafts, and games. Classic Car Show, Craft and Vendor Show and music.
- Flat Rock Riverfest, Flat Rock, MI September 2023 TBD, Free parking and a free shuttle. Location: The beautiful Huroc Park, located along the Huron River in downtown Flat Rock. This year’s festival will feature two days full of family fun and entertainment. From fireworks on Friday night, to concerts from Atomic Radio and so much more!
- Earthwork Harvest Gathering - September 15-17, 2023, on Earthwork Farm, 4901 N 7 Mile Rd Lake City, MI (east of Cadillac). Music, workshops, relaxing. Bring your instrument and play in the barn with other like minded musicians. The Earthwork Harvest Gathering is a celebration of food and music, featuring the freshest of local ingredients. A family-friendly gathering hosts 2000+ attendees, who camp in the mixed hardwood forests and open meadows of Earthwork Farm every third weekend in September, annually. Buy your tickets early. Lots of workshops.
- Artalicious Fine Arts Fair Adrian, MI September 16-17, 2023, Artalicious offers fine art, food, and entertainment. Featuring more than 70 talented local and regional artists and demonstrations. Ongoing live music! Lots of hands-on activities for kids and adults alike at this September Michigan art fair! September 16, 2023 from 11 am – 7 pm, and Sunday, September 17, 2023 from 11 am – 5 pm.
- 12th Annual Lakeshore Harvest Ride, Saturday, September 16, 2023. SOOO COOL! Michigan bike tour that lets you see, touch, smell and taste the riches of this breathtaking region. The Lakeshore Harvest Ride glides you through the rolling countryside of Southwest Michigan. You can visit art studios, wineries, cider mills, family farms and orchards along the way. And there are routes for every rider, ranging from 15 to 62 miles in length. Such an incredible September Michigan event. Register for the Lakeshore Harvest Ride early.
- Munising Bay Cruisers Classic Car Show, September 16, 2023
10am – 3pm, Munising, Poker run, cruise to Grand Marais and of course the car show! What a fun Munising Michigan event in 2023 (Upper Peninsula)!
- Fallasburg Arts Festival, Lowell, MI September 16-17, 2023, Sat and Sun, 10:00 am-5:00 pm both days. Location: Fallasburg Park, 1124 Fallasburg Rd, Lowell, MI. 55th annual, 2-day arts festival is located approximately 20 miles east of Grand Rapids. This Michigan art festival features 100 unique fine art and fine craft booths, food booths, children's craft area, craft demonstrations, and music performed on an outdoor stage. Free.
- Antique Car Show 2023 at Wellington Farm Park. September 2023, 10 AM – 5 PM, Wellington Farm Park, 6944 S Military Rd, Grayling, MI, All the cars appearing at the festival will be made in 1932 or before.
- Johnson's Giant Pumpkins, Saginaw - Fall Craft Show
Saturday September 2023 TBD, 10 am – 7 pm
- Goodison Good Tyme Festival, Rochester, MI September 2023 TBD Annual fall festival geared towards young families. This popular event offers archery, nature crafts, face painters, balloon artists, stilt walker, children’s musicians, rock wall, and zip line. All activities are FREE including hot dogs and chips.
- Zombie Walk - September 16, 2023. 8:00 pm Lake Orion, MI. Be part of Ed's Broadway Gift & Costume's Zombie Walk, downtown Lake Orion, MI.
- AppleFest and Craft Show, Coldwater, MI Saturday, September 16, 2023, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Every year, the annual Apple Festival brings together over 100 vendors to sell their food and drinks, crafts, apples! A great September Michigan event!
- Parade of Nations, Houghton, MI September 16, 2023 at 11:00 am, Parade of Nations. "Fairy Tales from Around the World" theme for 2023. Parade, festival featuring food and entertainment from countries around the world. It’s an extravaganza of tastes, sounds, sights and experiences.
The colorful parade features floats created by international students and community organizations, marching bands and flags of 60 nations. It winds its way from Hancock, across the iconic Portage Lift Bridge, through downtown Houghton, ending up at Dee Stadium. Thousands of people pack the stadium to sample cuisine of more than 20 countries and to enjoy entertainment.
- Fall Fest, St. Joseph, September 16, 2023 | 9:00am - 2:00pm Free! All ages are sure to have fun at this celebration of autumn! Attendees will enjoy the Critter Barn, Balloon Twisters, a Farmers Market, Interactive Booths feat. local organizations and more! LOCATION: Lake Bluff Park & Monte's Lot Lake Bluff Park, St. Joseph, Michigan.
- Wine & Harvest Festival 2023 - September 16 & 17, 2023, Spicer Orchards Farm Market, Cider Mill, Craft Vendors, Fudge, Bakery - 10411 Clyde Rd, Fenton, MI 48430
- Howard City Harvest Festival, Howard City, MI, Saturday, September 16, 2023! Third weekend in September 2023. Howard City celebrates its annual Harvest Festival all day Saturday! Packed with events for the entire family! All children’s activities are free! 10:00 A.M. – 10:00 P.M
Schedule of events include:
Scarecrow Making and Take, Inflatables, Petting Zoo, Children’s Hands-on-Art- Tent, Pony Rides Balloon twister, Face painter, Arts & Crafts, Car, Motorcycle, & Tractor shows, Musical Entertainment, Grand parade, 5k Run/ Walk, Children’s Parade, Public Safety Parade of Lights, Teen Dance, Fireworks and more!
- Pte. Mouillee Waterfowl Festival, Brownstown, MI September 16-17, 2023, Michigan duck hunters tournament, Lake Erie championship layout shoot, wildlife arts & craft show, Huron river distance dog jumps, outdoor trading post, goose & duck calling contest, antiques, boats, auction, hip boot race and Great Lakes sling shot contest. The Largest Fresh Water Marsh Restoration Project in North America!
- Ironman 70.3 Michigan North American TriClub Championship - Midwest. Frankfort, Michigan, September 17, 2023
- Indie Art and Craft Jam -Sun, September 17, 2023, Local artists and makers. Great music. Delicious food. 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM at 5805 Central St, Garden City, MI
- Scarecrows in Kellogg Park 2023 TBD - Are you looking for a Fun Fall Activity for your family? Check out 100 scarecrows on display from September TBD through Halloween 24/7 in Downtown Plymouth in Kellogg Park.
- Portage Fall Festival - Sunday, September 2023 TBD. Enjoy a fall day full of wonderful things to do! A horse drawn hayride will connect the Portage Farmers Market at City Hall to Celery Flats Historical Area. After a visit to the Farmers Market, watch a cooking demonstration at Stuart Manor for new ideas on how to cook your fresh produce at home.
- Marshall History, No Mystery, September 19, 2023. Join us at the Capitol Hill School for the Marshall History, No Mystery speaker series! Terri Trupiano Barry will be presenting Patent Medicine Manufacturers of Marshall. The program begins at 6:30pm and is free for historical society members; $10 for non-members.
Forth Weekend, Sept 22, 23 and 24
- Northville Victorian Festival, September 22-24, 2023
The Victorian Festival opens with the Victorian Parade on Friday, September 22, at 6:30 PM, and continues with live music, theatrical performances, Victorian-era reenactors, educational presentations, vendors, and much more.
- Trek the Mighty Mac, St. Ignace, MI September 22-24, 2023. UTV, ATV, S x S, 3-Wheelers and off-road motorcycle enthusiasts are invited to participate in the Annual Trek The Mighty Mac. Join the growing number of “Trekkers” who gather in St. Ignace every year to enjoy food and gear vendors at Friday staging. ONLY IN 2023: “Due to bridge construction, Trek the Mighty Mac will not cross the Mackinac Bridge, however, the event has not been cancelled. They are working on details for the modified 2023 event" Check the Trek the Mighty Mac page for details. Back for 2024, enjoy a one of a kind parade across the Mackinac Bridge Saturday followed by Saturday evening activities, and weekend long games and off-roading adventures. Pre-Register for this awesome September Michigan event!!!
- Clinton Fall Festival, Clinton, MI September 22-24, 2023. Visitors will enjoy strolling through the village streets to see 225 craft booths, entertainment, carnival, children’s events, merchant’s area, car show, and parade. Free Parking and Shuttles. Visit the Historic Village of Clinton!
- Cadillac Fall Festival - September 22-23, 2023. Gilmore Car Museum, 9 am - 4:00 pm. Each year the event brings together Cadillacs from its beginning in 1903 to the present day at the Cadillac Museum on the Gilmore Car Museum Campus. Experience some of the best including the earliest models to the pre-war classic V-12s and V-16s to the flashy flamboyant designs of the 1950s and 1960s and to those of the modern Art & Science design philosophy.
- Fall Harvest Festival - (Tentative) September 22 & 23, 2023 at the The Fruitful Orchard And Cider Mill - 5740 M-61, Gladwin, MI 48624. Their Annual Fall Harvest Festival is 10 am-5:00 pm. Store hours are 8 am-5:30 pm both days. Fun including a petting zoo and concessions both days by Smokin' Bob-b-Que.
- Annual Fall Fest Art & Craft Fair on the Village Green, September 23rd-24th, 2023. Sponsored by the Pentwater Chamber of Commerce, this event includes over 100 vendors providing handmade crafts, antiques, a special skill or art, or a skilled trade. Live music on the Green. Pentwater Village Green, 327 S Hancock St. Pentwater, MI
- Fall Fest Weekends - Pond Hill Farms, Harbor Springs, MI. September 23, 2023: Fall Fest Weekend & Live Music by M119 Band - Northern MI Jam Band 4pm-8pm and also September 30, 2023 - Fall Fest & Live Music by Ty Parkin - Fantastic Country Music 4pm-8pm.
- Frankenmuth Corn Maze Weekends, 5450 Weiss Rd, Frankenmuth, MI, September TBD Admission: $8-$12. Voted Mid-Michigan’s #1 corn maze several years in a row! Five acres of towering corn stalks, two miles of twisted trails, and strategically located observation bridges within three interconnected mazes await you at the Frankenmuth Corn Maze. Enjoy hayrides to the dairy farm Saturdays and Sundays from 1-5 pm.
- Festival of the Senses, Clinton Township, MI, Saturday & Sunday - September 23 & 24, 2023. Festival of the Senses is a two day art festival celebrating all mediums, features over 100 artists and specialty food vendors, as well as performances by local entertainers. Lots of activities for the entire family! Clinton Township Civic Center, 40700 Romeo Plank Road, Clinton Township, Michigan.
- Annual Car Show, Saturday, September 23, 2023. Cornwell's Turkeyville, 18935 15 1/2 mile road, Marshall, MI, 9 a.m. -5 p.m. Free Admission to all spectators! Come out and enjoy a day at Cornwell's Turkeyville with your family! Enjoy ice cream! One of our favorite September Michigan events!
- Pentwater Arts & Crafts Fairs - September 23, 2023 – September 24, 2023. Sat, Saturday from 10am-5pm and Sunday from 10am-3pm for the 31st Annual Fall Fest Arts and Crafts Show. Village Green, 231 S Hancock St, Pentwater, MI. Stop by and do some shopping!
- Midland Classic Car Show (during the Midland Antique Festival), September 23-24, 2023. Midland County Fairgrounds. Mid Michigan's Largest Car Show, 6905 Eastman, Midland, MI. We love this Michigan car show! Fun September Michigan event and festival! Classic, antique, hot rod, muscle, and special interest vehicles! $10 admission per person – Parking is always free! No pets.
- Midland Antique Festival, September 23-24, 2023. Saturday 8 am – 6 pm, Sunday 9 am – 4 pm, $10 admission per person – Parking is always free! Nearly a thousand antique dealers setup at the Midland County Fairgrounds carrying vintage goods, antiques, collectibles & so much more. No pets. Antique Dealers, Michigan’s largest swap meet/flea market, and one of Michigan’s longest running Car Shows! I absolutely love this Midland Michigan event!
- Appledore Tall Ship Sails, Bay City, Sail the Saginaw Bay! Enjoy the sails, the sunset, and a delicious catered dinner. Friday night sails feature a light BBQ dinner and run from 6p – 9p. Saturday night Dinner Sails are four hours long and many feature live entertainment! Plus special sails! Click here for the schedule! Things to do in Michigan
More September Michigan Events!
- Hillsdale County Fair, MI September 24-September 30, 2023, Hillsdale, The 173rd Annual Hillsdale County Fair includes a Midway, Livestock & Still Exhibits, Concessions and Vendors, Parades, Horseshoe Tournaments, Peddle Pull, Talent Show, Free Entertainment and Grandstand Entertainment including, Demolition Derby, NTPA Truck & Tractor Pulls, Farm Tractor Pull and Horse, Pony & Mule Pulls. Awesome family September Michigan county fair!
- Webster Fall Festival, Dexter, MI September 2023 TBD. The Webster annual Fall Festival is held at the corner of Farrell and Webster Church road. Featuring local artists, kids activities, blacksmith, hay rides, baseballs games and more! Free admission and parking!
- War Memorial Sault International Festival of Races and Oktoberfest, Sault Ste. Marie Saturday, September 2023 TBD. 60 Mile Bike Race 7:05 AM, 40 Mile Bike Race 7:10 AM, Half Marathon 7:15 AM, Bridge Run (7.1 Miles) 7:30 AM, 5K Run/Walk 7:45 AM. Join up to 500 runners as part of the 11th Annual Sault International Festival of Races
The Sault International Festival of Races provides runners with a unique opportunity to traverse the Sault Ste Marie International Bridge and run alongside the St. Mary's River all set against the backdrop of beautiful fall foliage and cool E.U.P. temperatures. The Race concludes at downtown Sault Ste Marie, where the Sault Ste. Marie Fall Festival will commence at 10 am.
- Funny Girl, September 26, 2023-October 8, 2023. Funny Girl is coming to the Fisher Theatre in Detroit. The sensational Broadway revival dazzles with one of the most celebrated musical scores of all time, including classic songs “Don’t Rain On My Parade,” “I’m the Greatest Star,” and “People.” This bittersweet comedy is the story of the indomitable Fanny Brice, a girl from the Lower East Side who dreamed of a life on the stage. Everyone told her she’d never be a star, but then something funny happened—she became one of the most beloved performers in history, shining brighter than the brightest lights of Broadway.
- AMERICAN SPEED FESTIVAL - M1 Concourse, September 28 - October 1, 2023 Celebrate some of the greatest drivers, designers, and cars in motorsports! The American Speed Festival features several days of live driving demonstrations on the M1 Concourse’s 1.5-mile circuit. Tickets include access to The M1 Concourse property, parking, access to the Pit Stop Alley (Premium Food Trucks), Arena Biergarten, Lifestyle Pavilion, all show cars, all display cars, R/C off-road racetrack, Awards show, music, and entertainment. Buy your American Speed Festival tickets early: Daily admission to the American Speed Festival and The Drive and Dine tour.
- Women's Expo, September 29 - October 1, 2023, Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River Ave, ♥ Novi, Mi. Health, home, style, shopping and fun!
- Atlanta Elk Festival, Atlanta, MI (northern Michigan) September 29 - Oct 1 2023, Elk Capital of Michigan!! Come on out for the Elk Fest parade, talent show, live auction, wood carvers, trike race, bed race, street events, games, food, Entertainment/Beer tent, live entertainment, and a huge array of craft vendors are only a sampling of the events planned for you during this weekend.
- Tahquamenon Falls State Park Harvest Festival (campers only), Saturday, September 29, 2023 and September 30, 2023, 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. 41382 W M-123, Paradise, MI Annual autumn event at the Lower Falls campgrounds. Majority of activities take place at the Portage Lake Campground at the lower falls. The Hemlock campground is also included in trick-or-treating, site decorating, costume contests, pumpkin carving contest, and other activities for kids. Make your reservation early, the campgrounds fill quickly. Fun for the whole family! So many fun events September 2023!
- Annual Strait U.P. Jeep Creep in St. Ignace! September 29 - Oct 1 2023. This fall trail riding event exclusively for Jeeps is a fan favorite! Color tours, spooky events, costume contest and the popular Haunted Trail Ride. This event is organized by the St. Ignace Visitors Bureau and you will to register early.
- Moran 166 Gravel Bike Race - September 29 - September 30, 2023 Collection of gravel bike races which showcase the best gravel in the region. There is a 66 mile, 166-mile and a 333-mile event to see the Eastern Upper Peninsula!
- Michigan's Big Country Fest-September 29 - September 30, 2023, 5pm - midnight. Heritage Park, 601 Weiss St, Frankenmuth, MI. This festival will be held inside the Harvey Kern Community Pavilion. It is a fully enclosed pavilion so it’s protected from the weather with heat. Stop in for drinks at the bar, food trucks, vendors, free line-dancing lessons, cornhole, games and contests, photo booth, souvenirs, bloody Mary bar, and more exciting attractions! Admission is $9 per person to get into the festival pavilion where everything takes place. Buy your Big Country Fest tickets early. All ages are welcome, children 10 & under are free with an adult. Popular events September Michigan 2023
- Harvest Festival, September 30, 2023, Main Street, Boyne City. This festival is the culminating event of the outdoor Farmers Market featuring children's games and local harvests. Fall fun and decorations abound!
- Sturgis Barbeque Fest – Sturgis, September 30, 2023, Noon to 7 pm. Beer Tent, Music DJ (12 pm - 4 pm), Dessert and Food Trucks, Classic Car Cruise-In, Bounce Houses for The Kids, Pumpkin Painting Activities for the Little Ones and more! Your kids will love this October Michigan barbeque festival!
- International Festival of Holland, Holland Civic Center, September 30, 2023. Enjoy food, music, art, and shopping!
- Annual Oktoberfest, 2023 TBD. Entry $5, under-21 Free. Carpathia Club, 38000 Utica Road, Sterling Heights. Live bands, cultural food, and a Father’s Day picnic!
- Merchants and Makers at Frugthaven Farm!- September 30, 2023, from 9am - 3pm! We love this beautiful venue! Shop 125+ local makers, 8+ food trucks and TWO stages for live music (including Todd Aldrich and Cole Hansen!). There's also a coffee shop and a Cidery! 11466 W Carson City Rd, Greenville, MI (northeast of Grand Rapids)
Travel-mi.com is not directly associated with local events. Information about these events is provided for planning purposes. While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this data, we cannot be held responsible for changes in dates, venues, etc. Please check with the venue directly before attending.
Planning Ahead - Michigan Christmas Trains and the Incredible North Pole Express!
- North Pole Express - IT SELLS OUT VERY QUICKLY (usually before mid October)-Saturdays and Sundays, November 16th to December 21st. Departing from Owosso, MI. Embark on a nostalgic journey back in time to the Christmas of yesteryear when you climb aboard the North Pole Express, pulled by the world-famous Pere Marquette 1225! Depart from the Steam Railroading Institute for a four-hour, round trip excursion to the Village of Ashley’s Country Christmas.
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...