The Ultimate 2022 Guide of September Michigan Calendar of Events, Labor Day Weekend, Fairs, Oktoberfest, Music Festivals-Best Things to Do in Michigan in Fall! + Sunflowers, Art Prize and Apple Orchards!
September Michigan Events and Things to Do | By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Last updated: September 9, 2022
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2022 September events in Michigan, festivals, places to visit, fairs, music and fun things to do in Michigan for families, couples and friends this summer!
See our Boredom Zapping Ideas!
Popular Michigan Destinations in September:
Detroit, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Petoskey, Charlevoix, Midland, South Haven, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids, Upper Peninsula and more!
Plan your September Michigan trip or vacation around our inspiring festivals and events!
September Michigan events and festivals are full swing! Blues, music and art festivals are just a few of September events to look forward to! Lots of places to visit in Michigan in September.
- Plus, September 5, 2022 is Labor Day with September 3, 2022 and September 4, 2022 as Labor Day Weekend. See our numerous Michigan Labor Day Events 2022.
September Michigan travel is absolutely stunning as our nights are cooler but our days are sunny and perfect for discovering forest walks, great restaurants and fun festivals!
Let's travel Michigan together as there are so many September events and fall festivals in Michigan!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our September Michigan adventures! We hope you enjoy our September Michigan events.
So Many Fun Things To Do In September!
What is There to do in September Michigan time frame?
September Michigan is filled with events, festivals and fun!
See below for top places to visit in Michigan in September!
September Events Table of Contents
What is there to do in Northern Michigan in the fall?
September and well, all of fall in Northern Michigan is absolutely beautiful! We recommend visiting Munising and all of the surrounding Upper Peninsula waterfalls.
September is a lovely time to visit as the weather is cooler and there are lots of outdoor things to do in September in Michigan.
We also love visiting Whitefish Point and it's such an interesting place to see reenactments and see the Edward Fitzgerald bell!
Michigan Fall is in Full Swing! Check the September Events 2022 Calendar Below!
See what's happening in September 2022! Lots of September things to do!
- “Heroes & Villains: The Art of the Disney Costume” Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation, June 25-Jan. 1, 2023. With more than 70 costumes, Heroes & Villains will immerse you in the world of Disney, illustrating how an audience’s understanding of its iconic characters is shaped through the artistry and creativity of its costumes. Admission to both exhibitions is free with membership or ticket purchase to Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation.
- Van Gogh The Immersive Experience Grand Rapids - Location 555 Center Dr NW, Grand Rapids (next to Hobby Lobby). 20,000 sq ft displays Van Gogh’s breathtaking works of art. Free on-site parking. Ongoing through October 15, 2022 on select days. Buy your tickets early.
- David Rogers' Big Bugs - They’re BIG, really BIG, and they’re landing at Dow Gardens (Midland, Michigan) from July 15 to October 16, 2022! This awe-inspiring exhibit will bring visitors face-to-face with ten larger-than-life invertebrates displayed throughout Dow Gardens. What a fun September Michigan activity for the whole family!
- Michigan Renaissance Festival, (weekends) from August 20-October 2, 2022. Holly Michigan. This is a great September Michigan event, we have gone many times!
- Visit Dahlia Hill in Midland Michigan! Free! Dahlia Hill is a beautiful terraced garden of several varieties of dahlia flowers. It's breathtaking to see! 300 Unique Dahlias. Nature's Diversity. 3,000 Tubers Planted. 2809 Orchard Dr. Midland, MI. Dahlia Hill is blooming August through September. Perfect September Michigan road road trip! Be sure to grab our Midland Michigan travel guide too!
- Steamboat Park Live Music Cruises, June - September, 2022 on the Grand Lady Riverboat, 825 Taylor St, Jenison, MI 49428 (Grand Rapids). Enjoy a cruise and live music on the Grand River. Definitely a Michigan fun fall event!
- Founders Brewing Tour & Tasting, Select days in September 2022 (see their website for specific days), fee, Founders Brewing Company, 235 Grandville Ave. SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503. Enjoy samples and learn about their company’s history. Walk the catwalk and oversee their packaging lines and brew house. Fun September Michigan activity!
- Holland Tasting Tours, A Taste of Holland History at Holland Energy Park, Select dates through September. Holland is one of our favorite places to visit in Michigan in September as the weather is cooler and the crowds are less!
- Horse Drawn Scenic Tours of Grand Rapids, Common Gentry Carriage Co., Friday's and Saturdays, 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 pm, Common Gentry Carriage Co. Based at Rosa Parks Circle in front of Big B Coffee and Kilwins Chocolate, 146 Monroe Center St. NW Grand Rapids. Fee Walk-ups are welcome. Fantastic romantic September Michigan event for couples!
- Festival of the Senses, Clinton Township, MI September 1-2, 2022 Festival of the Senses is a two day art festival celebrating all mediums, features over 100 artists and specialty food vendors, as well as performances by local entertainers. Lots of activities for the entire family!
Labor Day Weekend 2022 Michigan Events:
September 3, 2022 and September 4, 2022
- Michigan State Fair, September 1-5, 2022, Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River Avenue, Novi, MI. Carnival Midway, Livestock exhibits, Circus performances, Beer garden, Entertainment tent, Agriculture booths, Vendor booths. Fun Michigan Labor Day Events 2022!
- Fairgrove Bean Festival, Labor Day Weekend. Saturday afternoon Mud Bog, Sunday evening Demolition Derby by Unique Motor Sports, fireworks at 9:30 on Sunday night…Monday is the parade and Chicken BBQ…free bean soup every day, craft show, bingo and crowning of the Michigan Bean Queen.
- Romeo Peach Festival 2022 - Thursday, Sept. 1 through Labor Day, Sept. 5, 2022, in Downtown Romeo. Market, craft shows, carnival rides, run, food trucks, wine, music and fireworks! Great September Michigan festival for the whole family!
- DeBucks Sunflower Farm Sunflower Festival - September 2-4, 2022. Friday and Saturday 12 pm. - 8 pm. Sunday 11 am -6 p.m. 50240 Martz Rd, Belleville, MI 48111. Buy your tickets early! They have 15 acres of sunflowers for you to experience. That’s 12 football fields of sunflowers!
- Soaring Eagle Arts, Beats & Eats - Friday, September 2, 2022 - September 5, 2022 (through Labor Day.) Features 200 musical acts! It’s Oakland County’s Favorite Summer Festival Celebrating Art, Music, Cuisine & Community! Takes place in Downtown Royal Oak on Labor Day Weekend. Super fun end of summer celebration not to be missed! Fun Royal Oak Labor Day Weekend Events.
- Detroit Jazz Festival - Friday, September 2 through Labor Day 2022, Fun Detroit Labor Day Weekend Events in Detroit. Enjoy jazz all weekend long!
- Bell's Beer Copper Harbor Trails Fest - September 2 - September 4, 2022 in Copper Harbor, MI. The annual Labor Day Weekend event features races, music, beer, and good times on Saturday and Sunday! Expert Enduro, Long XC, & Downhill, 10k Trail Run events. Fun Labor Day Upper Peninsula events!
- Festival of Oddities - Saturday, September 3, 2022. Courthouse Square Museum, 100 W. Lawrence Ave, Charlotte, MI, 11am-6pm. Their Macabre Marketplace features over 100 of the state’s most talented artists and makers. Food Truck Row, circus-themed photo booth, caricatures, play vintage carnival games, visit the Axe Wall and check out the Living Library which features the best paranormal, true crime, and horror authors in the state. Fantastic September Michigan event for the whole family.
- Corvette Fest -September 3, 2022. Canterbury Village, Lake Orion.
- Harvest Festival at Jollay Orchards - September 3 - October 30, 2022. Jump on the Hayride as it is your mode of transportation at Jollay Orchards Harvest Festival. The hayride stops at the Apple Orchard, the Pumpkin Patch, the Haunted House, and the Farm Market.
- The Wild Pumpkin - Sunflower Days beginning September 3 and 4, 2022. Lots of things to do in Michigan Labor Day weekend.
- Arts Dockside, St.Ignace, September 3 and 4, 2022. This 2-day Labor Weekend event features over 100 exhibits of arts and crafts along the Huron Boardwalk at the St. Ignace Public Marina. Food, music and many great activities await! Don't forget to schedule time for the Annual Labor Day Mackinac Bridge Walk on Monday. Arts Dockside hours are Saturday, September 3, 9:00 am-6:00 pm; Sunday, September 4, 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
- Labor Day Celebration, September 3-4, 2022 Ludington Municipal Dock, Escanaba (Upper Peninsula) Live music all weekend.
- Harmony Fest - Arts & Crafts – Labor Day Weekend Festival, September 3-4, 2022! Located at corner of US 23 and M72. An annual event held every Saturday and Sunday preceding Labor Day in Harrisville, Michigan, and featuring many talented artists and crafters from around the country. Listen to the Sweet Adeline’s and live Musicians while perusing over 300 booths. Kids/Family Activities on the Tennis Courts on Saturday from 10am – 2pm, with prizes.
- Lake Bluff Artisan Fair, September 3, 2022, Lake Bluff Park, St. Joseph, 10 am–5 pm Free! This eclectic craft fair, held in picturesque Lake Bluff Park, offers a variety of handcrafted items with over 50 local vendors. Anything from home décor and furniture to jewelry, candles and more!
- Blake’s Sunflower Festival - Blake’s Orchard & Cider Mill located at 17985 Armada Center Road, Armada, MI. September 3-5, 2022. 10 a.m. to 5 pm. Admission to the festival includes:
100+ artisans featuring handcrafted products, FREE classes, speakers and demonstrations on topics such as natural wellness, aromatherapy, farming and gardening, benefits of local honey and more!
DIY make and take workshops with real sunflowers (additional charge)
U-pick sunflowers, wild flowers, fruits, and vegetables (additional charge). FREE parking. One of our favorite festivals in September 2022.
- Tawas Bay Riverfront Fine Arts Festival, September 3-4, 2022, 10 am -4 pm, Shoreline Park, Tawas City, Across from Iosco County Building
- Michigan Chicken Wing Festival, September 3-4, 2022, 2:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Adado Riverfront Park, Downtown Lansing. The Michigan Chicken Wing Festival features a main stage with musical acts from all genres, live entertainment, pro wrestling, kids zone, a game trailer, give-aways, VIP beer and wine refreshment tent, a chicken wing eating contest and more. What a fun September Michigan event!
- All Crafts Fair - 298 Dyckman Avenue, South Haven, MI. Each Labor Day Weekend (September 3, 4, 2022) the Chamber of Commerce coordinates this two day craft fair that brings over 130 exhibitors to Stanley Johnston Park and more than 15,000 people to the South Haven area. Craft fairs are fun things
to do Labor Day weekend 2022 Michigan.
- The Wild Pumpkin, Sunflower Days, September 3–4, 10 am–6 pm and September 10–11, 10am–6pm. 5799 Beaverton Rd., Beaverton, MI 48612. One of our favorite places to visit in Michigan in September.
- Uncle John's Cider Mill - Sunflower Fest, September 3–4, 2022. On September 4: Cruise in Car show 9-3, Live Music 1-4, Food Trucks, kids activities, cider mill and more!
- Mackinac Bridge Walk Labor Day, Annual Walk - September 5, 2022, Free!
Day 2022 Michigan. Plan your iconic bridge walk with our tips and things every walker should know! Super awesome September Michigan event for the whole family! We'll be at this freakin' awesome September Michigan event!
- Franklin’s Fine Art Fair/Roundup Family Fair/Art in the Village - September 5, 2022, Midway Games, Pony Rides, Bake Sale, Antique Auto Show, Petting Farm, Giant Inflatables, Clowns, Magician, Fine Art Fair… Monday, Labor Day, from 10 am to 5 pm. The Franklin Labor Day Parade 2022 is at noon and the Franklin MI art fair runs until 5:00 pm. So come on our to the fun Franklin Roundup 2022 as it's a great Michigan fall festival 2022!
Check out our EVEN BIGGER List of Festivals, Events, Music, Parades, Things To Do on Labor Day Weekend!!
We told you we have a lot....keep going!
Flower | Apple | Sunflower | U Pick Farms
Visit Incredible Michigan Flower Farms
May through September are prime flower picking months! Find Michigan Flower Farms near you for u pick...glorious tulips, daisies, poppies, mums, sunflowers, lavender!
Best Michigan Apple Cider Mills
Amazing Michigan Sunflower Fields and Farms
It's time to start thinking about Michigan in fall!! It's so much fun to visit Michigan's cider mills and apple orchards! Sunflowers are also in full bloom and wow, Michigan sunflowers are exquisite!
You just gotta see the vast fields yourself this fall.
Have you heard that Colon, Michigan is the Magic Capital of the World? Head to the Sterlini Theater to see three shows by Jay Blackwell!
September 3, 2022 at 2:00 pm; September 10, 2022 (2 shows: 2:00 and 7:00 pm is a big show with fire eating, mind reading, juggling, magic!) and September 17, 2022. Get your tickets early!
Second Weekend, Sept 10th
- Charlotte Frontier Days, Charlotte, MI September 7-11, 2022.
- Funtown Chowdown Food Truck Festival Frankenmuth, 2022. It’s time for the Funtown Chowdown, Frankenmuth’s Annual Food Truck Festival at Frankenmuth River Place Shops! The fun takes place in the parking lot east of the shopping complex on September 8, 2022. Fantastic September Michigan event for the whole family.
Featuring 20 food trucks from across Michigan, a beer tent with both Michigan & national craft breweries, live music & fun activities for the whole family! Pop on down to Frankenmuth River Place Shops (925 South Main Street, Frankenmuth, MI). Admission: FREE, Time: 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Support food trucks from across Michigan! Featuring around 20 food trucks, including a dessert option. Chowdown is is one of our favorite things to do in Michigan in May!
- Richmond Area Good Old Days Festival, Richmond, MI September 8-11, 2022, It was voted MICHIGAN'S BEST Small Town Festival. Carnival, motor sports, parade, fireworks and more! So many great things to do in Michigan in September including lots of September festivals!
- Emerald Isle Irish Feile, September 9-11, 2022, on Beaver Island. Bands, food, fun! The Irish Feile is a showcase of the unique Irish heritage of Beaver Island, also known as America’s Emerald Isle.
- 2022 Great Lakes Herb Faire, September 9th-11th, 2022! Cedar Lake Outdoor Center, 2500 Pierce Rd, Chelsea, Michigan
- Paw Paw Wine & Harvest Festival, Paw Paw, MI, Sep 9-11, 2022, Michigan’s largest wine and harvest festival! Great September 11 events to enjoy! Fun winery tours & tasting from St. Julian Winery, pickleball tournament, duck race, kayak race, live entertainment, grape stomp, arts & crafts fair, carnival rides, car show, bike tour, parade, fireworks, kids activities, & much more for the entire family! Great Michigan music festival 2022!
- Brighton's Smokin' Jazz & Barbecue Blues Festival, Brighton, MI September 9-11, 2022, 6 pm-12 pm, Downtown Brighton. Fun September activities 2022. Award winning barbecue will once again be smokin’ up Main Street from Grand River to 1st Street; serving up ribs, pulled pork, beef brisket, pork tenderloin, sweet treats, specialty mac n’ cheese and much more.
Jazz and blues will be live at the beer tent located on Mill Pond Lane (in the municipal parking lot behind Great Harvest Bread Company) Cover charge. Check their website for all the events!!! It's a September Michigan festival you can't miss!
- Posen Potato Festival, Posen, MI, September 9-11, 2022, Good food and polka music, flea market, carnival, arts & crafts, more. Grand parade is on Sunday! Tasty September Michigan event!
- Wheatland Music Festival, Remus, MI September 9-11, 2022, Come check out the star-studded lineup on the main stage! Plus there is a juried arts and crafts show, raffle, kids activities, instrument and dance workshops, music, food, fellowship and fun! Incredible concerts in Michigan September 2022.
More Fun September Michigan Events and Festivals!
More fun September Michigan Events and Michigan Festivals September 2022. Be sure to check the event's webpage for clarification, information, fees and reservations before visiting.
- Frankenmuth Auto Fest, September 8-10, 2023 is one of our must-do events in September!! Over 2000 classic cars, street rods and muscle cars. Enjoy a weekend of fun and entertainment! Friday night Big Block Party on Main Street is always a great time from 5-10 pm. Saturday and Sunday view the classic cars in Heritage Park. Fantastic September Michigan event for the whole family. We go every year!
- Plymouth Community Fall Festival, Plymouth, MI September 9-11, 2022. Check of the festival with a carnival, fun rides, car show, craft show, and a street full of community food booths. What a fun September Michigan festival!
- Allegan County Fair. September 9-17, 2022, 150 Douglas St, Allegan, MI. Established in 1852, the county fair livestock barns and arenas are some of the largest in the state and make a prime spot for witnessing rodeo performances. Awesome Things to do in Michigan
- 2022 Art & Apples Festival Friday, September 9: 2:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Saturday, September 10: 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Sunday, September 11: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.The Art & Apples Festival transforms the 30-acre Rochester Municipal Park into one of the nation’s top fine art fairs bringing together over 200 art exhibitors, a wide range of food trucks and tents, live entertainment, and art activity stations across the three-day weekend. Kids Art Zone and Creation Station. Shuttle bus to the festival and free parking available on Saturday (9am – 8pm) and Sunday (9am – 4:30pm) from Rochester High School (14361 Walton Blvd.)
- Silver Lake Sand Dunes Apple & BBQ Festival, Silver Lake, MI, September 9-10, 2022. This fun festival highlights yummy BBQ and apples! The Silver Lake Apple Fest is held downtown Silver Lake. Come on out for the Craft Show, Classic Auto & ORV Show, Kid's Activities, Beer Tent, 5K Apple A Day Run/Walk, Live Entertainment & Great Food. This is one heck of a fun September Michigan event!
- Eastown Streetfair - Saturday, September 10, 2022, 9 am to 9 pm (Beer tent open until 10pm). This outdoor festival will take place along Wealthy Street between Giddings Avenue and Lake Drive and includes the first block of Ethel Avenue and the Wealthy St. Hub Lot. This annual fall event is a family-friendly celebration of arts, crafts, food, music
- Leaman's Green Apple Barn 37th Annual Country Craft Show -September 10-11, 2022. 7475 N. River Road, Freeland, MI. Baked goods, donuts, cider, quilts, photography, jewelry, wreaths and more!
- Barktoberfest - Saturday, September 10 and Sunday, September 11, 2022 from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. Memorial Park, 31100 Woodward Avenue Royal Oak MI. Barktoberfest encourages you to leash up your pup and enjoy locally brewed beer, food and live music, vendor booths and great products for your pets, cool wearables. Dogs can compete in the Howl-a-ween Costume Contest, Weiner Dog Race, and more.
- Classic Car Show - Johnson's Giant Pumpkins, LLC - 4715 N Portsmouth Rd, Saginaw, MI 48601, Sunday September 11, 2022, 11 am – 3 pm.
- Harvest Barbecue - Shady Lane Cellars on Michigan's Leelanau Peninsula. September 10, 2022. You are welcomed to celebrate the kick off to harvest season on the grounds of the winery and vineyard. Relax and enjoy the delicious pairing of slow smoked BBQ and Shady Lane Cellars handcrafted wines. Accompanied by live music from Luke Woltanski. If you are looking for a relaxing, outdoor September Michigan musical event, this is it!
- Fall Family Days, Gagetown, MI, September 10-11, 2022 with a delicious Fish Fry on Friday, September 9, 2022. The fun continues on Saturday and Sunday, 8 am-5 pm.
The barn, home, one room country school and school museum. powerhouse, sawmill, sugar shack and grain elevator are open for tours with live old-fashioned music on the grounds. Tons of homemade foods and live field demonstrations. One of our favorite places to visit in Michigan in September.
- Michigan Brewers Guild U.P. Fall Beer Festival, Marquette, MI September 10, 2022, One of our favorite festivals in September! Join nearly 100 Michigan breweries to sample from more than 800 craft beers overlooking beautiful lake Superior in downtown Marquette. U.P. Fall Beer Festival will be held at Mattson Lower Harbor Park in Marquette. General Admission is 1-6pm, with the gates opening at Noon for a VIP hour for Enthusiast Members. Fun 2022 September Michigan upper peninsula festival and fun things to do in Michigan!
- Oakland Irish Fest, Berkley, MI, September 10, 2022. Street fair with a fun Irish theme. The festival has two music stages, beer tents, vendors & food truck as well as a Children's Area with projects and fun. No admission fee! The Oakland Irish Fest takes place on 12 Mile Road in downtown Berkley, MI from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM. You don't have to be Irish to enjoy the fun!
- Autumn Color Tour River Cruise, Bay City Sails, Wenonah Park in downtown Bay City, 107 5th Street, Bay City, MI. Select Fridays and Saturdays in September 10-30, 2022 at 6:00 pm. Visit their website to buy tickets. Fun fall things to do in October 2022.
- 57th Annual Marshall Historic Home Tour, September 10-11, 2022, Six to eight privately owned homes representing various architechural styles. Tour includes the Honolulu House Museum, Marshall Historical Museum at the GAR Hall, Capitol Hill School Museum, Governor's Mansion, Walters Gasoline Museum and Marshall United States Postal Service Museum. Art at the Museum, a juried fine arts and crafts fair, on the Honolulu House Museum grounds both days. This Marshall Historic Home Tour is the Midwest's longest-running home tour! So many interesting things to do in September! See top things to do in Marshall!
- Art at the Museum, September 10-11, 2022, Honolulu House Museum, Marshall. Enjoy a juried fine arts and crafts fair on the Honolulu House Museum grounds. So many fun things to do in Michigan in September 2022!
- Ironman 70.3 Michigan North American TriClub Championship - Midwest. Frankfort, Michigan, September 11, 2022
- Self Guided Recycling Center Tours, Presented By Kent County Department of Public Works, September 12, 19, 26, 2022. 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM, 977 Wealthy St SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. FREE! Learn all about recycling, watch their workers and machines sort right in front of you! Fantastic September Michigan event for the whole family.
Third Weekend Sept 17th
- 2022 North American International Auto Show in Detroit -September 14 – 25, 2022. Yep, it's back!! See the Detroit Auto Show details.
- PROJECT 3 by ArtPrize, Occurring in 2023, See Art Prize! Project 3 is the most attended public art event on the planet – are launching another world-class art experience in Grand Rapids. Project 3 by ArtPrize is the first in a series of citywide exhibitions of public art taking place in the years between biennial ArtPrize competitions.
- Michigan Firemen's Memorial Festival, Roscommon, MI September 16-18, 2022, Annual Michigan Firemen Memorial Festival is for everyone! Shows, clowns, and free hot dogs. Check out the display of New Fire Trucks, Fire Apparatus, Crafts, Parades, a “memorial service” for “Fallen Firefighters” and much More.
Firefighting competitions and fire Demos are a big part of the fun festival. Lots of refreshments, music and dancing at this September Michigan festival!
- NSRA National Street Nationals, September 16, 17, 18, 2022, Kalamazoo Expo Center, Kalamazoo, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Fun September 2022 Calendar event! We have been to this Michigan car show for many years. Plan to spend about three hours to see the cars and go through the barns. There are several food trucks for lunch or dinner.
- Northville Heritage Festival, September 16, 17 and 18, 2022
The Heritage Festival will kick off on Friday, September 16 with the traditional Victorian Parade at 6:30 pm. Lots of September Michigan fun!
- Keepsake Arts and Crafts Shows:
- September 16, 17, 18, 2022. Frankenmuth, Zehnder Park
- October 1, 2022 - SVSU
- November 12, 2022 - Morey Courts
- December 3, 4, 2022 - Clarkston High School
- December 10, 2022 - Horizons Conference Center
- Metro Boat Show, Harrison Twp, MI September 15-18, 2022, Lake St. Clair Metropark, 31300 Metro Parkway, Harrison Township, MI. Boat and outdoor recreation show featuring boats in the water and on land. Lots of other outdoor recreation exhibits.
This event takes place along the beautiful shoreline of Lake St. Clair and includes live music in the Tiki Bar, lawn games, and much more. Hours: Thurs. –Friday: 1pm – 7:30pm, Saturday: 11am – 7:30pm and Sunday: 11am – 6pm. Admission: Adults $10, Children 12 and under free with an adult. Fun September Michigan event!
- Troy Family Daze Festival, Troy, MI, September 15-18, 2022, Celebrate family, fun, heritage and cuisine. The festival, which has been celebrating Troy since 1968, is an all volunteer run event.
Troy Family Daze offers plenty of free, paved on-site parking and features many activities including entertainment, wrestling show, amusement rides, food and community booths, children’s entertainment, fireworks and much more. Fun September Michigan event for the whole family.
- Erebus Haunted Attraction, Pontiac, MI Fridays and Saturdays in September 2022- First Weekend in Nov 2022. BUY YOUR TICKETS ONLINE! Erebus, The four story Michigan haunted house in downtown Pontiac delivers fear and excitement to any thrill seeker brave enough to cross its threshold. So scary!
Explore 40 haunted houses in Michigan if you dare...
The BIG LIST of Oktoberfest Michigan Events and Festivals
The BIG LIST of Michigan Oktoberfest Festivals, Events and Fun Across the State!
- Post Family Fun Farm Days, Post Family Farm, 5801 Bauer Road, Hudsonville, MI. Fun Farm Days 2022 Dates: M – F, Sept. 12 – Nov. 4, Sat., Sept. 10 and Nov. 5 Admission: $6/person (ages 2+)
Corn Maze: $2/person (ages 2+) Monday – Thursday: noon – 7pm, Friday: noon – 6pm, Saturday: 10am – 4pm. Admission includes: Hayride to the Pumpkin Patch (pumpkin price based on size), Pumpkin Train Ride, Friendly farm animals, Outdoor play areas + Homemade Pumpkin Donuts and award-winning Apple Cider are available for purchase during your visit. So many things to do in September 2022!
- Richard Crane Memorial Truck Show, St. Ignace, MI September 15-18, 2022. One of the largest U.S. displays of customized 18-wheelers and antique trucks; showing Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday evening, spectators line St. Ignace’s main street for the “Big Rig” Parade of Lights heading for the Mackinac Bridge and back again for Sunday’s show. Car/small truck show Saturday. Swap meet, vendors and music. Free admission to this September Michigan auto show.
- Metro Boat Show, September 15-18, 2022, Lake St. Clair Metropark, 31300 Metro Pkwy, Harrison Charter Township, MI 48045. Hours: Thurs. – Friday: 1pm – 7:30 pm, Saturday: 11am – 7:30pm and Sunday: 11am – 6pm
- Paranormal Lighthouse Tours, Recurring weekly on Friday at Marquette Maritime Museum and Lighthouse, Marquette, Michigan with Yooper Paranormal. September 16, 2022 at 7pm-8:30pm. What a fun Paranormal Tour of the Marquette Harbor Lighthouse! Buy your tickets ahead of time. 18 and over only. Fun things to do in Michigan September 2022.
- Festival of the Forks, Albion, MI September 16-17, 2022. A celebration of creativity and diversity in historic downtown Albion, Michigan. Music, ethnic food, creative art, and fun for the whole family. What a fun 2022 Michigan music festival!
- Munising Bay Cruisers Classic Car Show, Friday, September 16, 2022, Scenic Car Cruise beginning at 1:00 PM and Saturday, September 17, 2022, Munising Car Show beginning at 10:00 AM. What a fun Munising Michigan event in 2022 (Upper Peninsula)!
- South Haven Jazz Festival, September 16-17, 2022, Dyckman Park
540 Phoenix Street, South Haven, MI. Free!! Awesome Michigan music festival 2022!
- Romulus Pumpkin Festival, Romulus, MI September 16-18, 2022, will take place in the Romulus Historical Park located 11147 Hunt Street, Romulus, MI. Downtown Romulus celebrates with a night parade where everything is lighted from bicycles to cement trucks on Goddard Road.
The annual Pumpkin Festival is a three-day event that starts on the third Friday in September. This family friendly festival kicks off with the Parade of Lights, where everything is aglow, from bicycles to cement trucks. Thousands of people line Goddard Road to wait for the fun. This September Michigan festival offers music, food, crafts, and games. Classic Car Show, Craft and Vendor Show and music.
- Flat Rock Riverfest, Flat Rock, MI September 16 and 17, 2022, Free parking and a free shuttle. Location: The beautiful Huroc Park, located along the Huron River in downtown Flat Rock. This year’s festival will feature two days full of family fun and entertainment. From fireworks on Friday night, to concerts from Atomic Radio and so much more!
- Earthwork Harvest Gathering - September 16-18, 2022, on Earthwork Farm, 4901 N 7 Mile Rd Lake City, MI (east of Cadillac). Music, workshops, relaxing. Bring your instrument and play in the barn with other like minded musicians. The Earthwork Harvest Gathering is a celebration of food and music, featuring the freshest of local ingredients. A family-friendly gathering hosts 2000+ attendees, who camp in the mixed hardwood forests and open meadows of Earthwork Farm every third weekend in September, annually. Buy your tickets early.
- Antique Car Show 2022 - September 17, 2022, 10 AM – 5 PM, Wellington Farm Park, 6944 S Military Rd, Grayling, MI, All the cars appearing at the festival will be made in 1932 or before.
- Johnson's Giant Pumpkins, Saginaw - Fall Craft Show
Saturday September 17, 2022 (rain date September 18) 10 am – 7 pm
- Artalicious Fine Arts Fair Adrian, MI September 17-18, 2022, Artalicious offers fine art, food, and entertainment. Featuring more than 70 talented local and regional artists and demonstrations. Ongoing live music! Lots of hands-on activities for kids and adults alike at this September Michigan art fair!
- Goodison Good Tyme Festival, Rochester, MI September 17, 2022 Annual fall festival geared towards young families. This popular event offers archery, nature crafts, face painters, balloon artists, stilt walker, children’s musicians, rock wall, and zip line. All activities are FREE including hot dogs and chips.
- Fallasburg Arts Festival, Lowell, MI September 17-18, 2022, Sat and Sun, 10:00 am-5:00 pm both days. Location: Fallasburg Park, 1124 Fallasburg Rd, Lowell, MI. The event features 100 unique fine art and fine crafts booths, live music featuring regional musicians, a children’s craft area, and food booths. Craft demonstrations will occur inside a large pavilion on both days. Free.
- Harvest Moon Festival September 17, 2022 Grant, MI. Old Iron Bar & Grill, 189 S Maple St, Grant, MI. Activities for the whole family! BBQ Cooking Contest, Auto Show, Soap Box Derby, Chili Cook-off, Dunk Tank and so much more!! So many fun September Michigan 2022 events!
- Zombie Walk - Come downtown to be part of Ed's Broadway Gift & Costume's Zombie Walk on September 17, 2022. Lake Orion, MI
- AppleFest and Craft Show, Coldwater, MI September 17, 2022, 9 am -3 pm. Every year, the annual Apple Festival brings together over 100 vendors to sell their food and drinks, crafts, apples! A great September Michigan event!
- Parade of Nations, Houghton, MI September 17, 2022, Parade of Nations. "The World Is one" theme. Parade, festival featuring food and entertainment from countries around the world. It’s an extravaganza of tastes, sounds, sights and experiences.
The colorful parade features floats created by international students and community organizations, marching bands and flags of 60 nations. It winds its way from Hancock, across the iconic Portage Lift Bridge, through downtown Houghton, ending up at Dee Stadium. Thousands of people pack the stadium to sample cuisine of more than 20 countries and to enjoy entertainment.
- Fall Fest, St. Joseph, September 17, 2022,10 a.m.-3 p.m. Free! Enjoy the Attendees will enjoy the Critter Barn, Balloon Twisters, the Great Pumpkin Festival and more! Lake Bluff Park, St. Joseph, Michigan.
- Wine & Harvest Festival 2022 - September 17 & 18, 2022, Spicer Orchards Farm Market, Cider Mill, Fudge, Bakery - 10411 Clyde Rd, Fenton, MI 48430
- Howard City Harvest Festival, Howard City, MI Third weekend in September 2022 (September 17, 2022). Howard City celebrates its annual Harvest Festival all day Saturday! Packed with events for the entire family! All children’s activities are free! 10:00 A.M. – 10:00 P.M
Schedule of events include:
Scarecrow Making and Take, Inflatables, Petting Zoo, Children’s Hands-on-Art- Tent, Pony Rides Balloon twister, Face painter, Arts & Crafts, Car, Motorcycle, & Tractor shows, Musical Entertainment, Grand parade, 5k Run/ Walk, Children’s Parade, Public Safety Parade of Lights, Teen Dance, Fireworks and more!
- Pte. Mouillee Waterfowl Festival, Brownstown, MI September 17-18, 2022, Michigan duck hunters tournament, Lake Erie championship layout shoot, wildlife arts & craft show, Huron river distance dog jumps, outdoor trading post, goose & duck calling contest, antiques, boats, auction, hip boot race and Great Lakes sling shot contest. The Largest Fresh Water Marsh Restoration Project in North America!
- Scarecrows in Kellogg Park 2022 - Are you looking for a Fun Fall Activity for your family? Check out 100 scarecrows on display from September 23 through Halloween 24/7 in Downtown Plymouth in Kellogg Park.
Forth Weekend, Sept 24th
Fall Harvest Festival - (Tentative) September 23 & 24, 2022 at the The Fruitful Orchard And Cider Mill - 5740 M-61, Gladwin, MI 48624. Their Annual Fall Harvest Festival is 10 am-5:00 pm. Store hours are 8 am-5:30 pm both days. Fun including a petting zoo and concessions both days by Smokin' Bob-b-Que.
Fall Fest Weekends - Pond Hill Farms, Harbor Springs, MI. September 23, 2022 - October 24, 2022. Saturdays and Sundays, 10 am -6 pm. Hayrides, pumpkin patch, cider, donuts, pumpkin bowling, cute animals, pumpkin bowling, pumpkin smashing, beer, wine, cider, pizza and more!
Atlanta Elk Festival, Atlanta, MI September 23-25, 2022, Vendors, auction, games, petting zoo, beer tent, live bands and more!
Clinton Fall Festival, Clinton, MI September 23-25, 2022. Visitors will enjoy strolling through the village streets to see 225 craft booths, entertainment, carnival, children’s events, merchant’s area, car show, and parade. Free Parking and Shuttles. Visit the Historic Village of Clinton!
Frankenmuth Corn Maze Weekends, 5450 Weiss Rd, Frankenmuth, MI, September 23-Oct 30, 2022
Admission: $8-$12. Voted Mid-Michigan’s #1 corn maze several years in a row! Five acres of towering corn stalks, two miles of twisted trails, and strategically located observation bridges within three interconnected mazes await you at the Frankenmuth Corn Maze. Enjoy hayrides to the dairy farm Saturdays and Sundays from 1-5 pm.
Trek the Mighty Mac, St. Ignace, MI September 23-25, 2022. UTV, ATV, S x S, 3-Wheelers and off-road motorcycle enthusiasts are invited to participate in the 6th Annual Trek The Mighty Mac. Join the growing number of “Trekkers” who gather in St. Ignace every year to enjoy food and gear vendors at Friday staging, a one of a kind parade across the Mackinac Bridge Saturday followed by Saturday evening activities, and weekend long games and off-roading adventures. Pre-Register for this awesome September Michigan event!!!
Master Chef & Master Chef Junior Live, September 24, 2022, America’s favorite cooking show is now on tour with MasterChef Junior Live! Something tasty is heading to your hometown! America’s favorite cooking show is coming to the Fisher Theatre in Detroit on September 24, 2022 with MasterChef Junior Live!
Tahquamenon Falls State Park Harvest Festival (campers only), Saturday, September 24, 2022, 8 a.m. -7 p.m. 41382 W M-123, Paradise, MI Annual autumn event at the Lower Falls campgrounds. Activities include pumpkin decorating contest, chili cook off, costume contest, trick-or-treating and more! Fun for the whole family! So many fun events September 2022!
Annual Car Show, September 24, 2022 Cornwell's Turkeyville, 18935 15 1/2 mile road, Marshall, MI, 9 a.m. -5 p.m. One of our favorite September Michigan events!
Jacksonville Taco & Tequila Fest, September 24-25, 2022 The festival will feature Mexican cuisine from over 20 restaurants and food trucks, as well as tequila stations, craft margaritas, local makers, games, live music, and more! Riverside Park • Auburn Hills, MI. What a fun and unique September Michigan event for adults!
Pentwater Arts & Crafts Fairs - September 24, 2022 – September 25, 2022. Sat, Saturday from 10am-5pm and Sunday from 10am-3pm for the 31st Annual Fall Fest Arts and Crafts Show. Village Green, 231 S Hancock St, Pentwater, MI. Stop by and do some shopping!
Midland Classic Car Show, September 24-25, 2022. Midland County Fairgrounds. Mid Michigan's Largest Car Show, 6905 Eastman, Midland, MI. We love this Michigan car show! Fun September Michigan event and festival! Classic, antique, hot rod, muscle, and special interest vehicles!
Midand Antique Festival, September 24-25, 2022. Saturday 8 am – 6 pm, Sunday 9 am – 4 pm, $6 admission per person – Parking is always free! Nearly a thousand antique dealers setup at the Midland County Fairgrounds carrying vintage goods, antiques, collectibles & so much more.
Along with the vast array of Antique Dealers is Michigan’s largest swap meet. Folks from all over bring their garage sale items to the swap meet/flea market area. On top of that is also one of Michigan’s longest running Car Shows! I absolutely love this show-shabby chic, car show, swap meet, antiques.
Novi Wedding Show, September 25, 2022 Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River Ave, ♥ Novi, Mi
Indie Art and Craft Jam -Sun, Sep 25, 2022, Local artists and makers. Great music. Delicious food. 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM at 5805 Central St, Garden City, MI
- Dearborn Fall Bridal Expo, From bouquets to bridal gowns, you'll find everything you need for your perfect wedding! Sun, September 25, 2022. 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM Ford Community & Performing Arts Center, Dearborn, MI. Free September Michigan event for brides!
- Appledore Tall Ship Sails, Bay City, Sail the Saginaw Bay! Enjoy the sails, the sunset, and a delicious catered dinner. Friday night sails feature a light BBQ dinner and run from 6p – 9p. Saturday night Dinner Sails are four hours long and many feature live entertainment! Plus special sails! Click here for the schedule! Things to do in Michigan
More September Michigan Events!
- Hillsdale County Fair, MI September 25-October 1, 2022, Hillsdale, The 170th Annual Hillsdale County Fair includes a Midway, Livestock & Still Exhibits, Concessions and Vendors, Parades, Horseshoe Tournaments, Peddle Pull, Talent Show, Free Entertainment and Grandstand Entertainment including, Demolition Derby, NTPA Truck & Tractor Pulls, Farm Tractor Pull and Horse, Pony & Mule Pulls. Awesome family September Michigan county fair!
- Webster Fall Festival, Dexter, MI September 24, 2022. The Webster annual Fall Festival is held at the corner of Farrell and Webster Church road. Featuring local artists, kids activities, blacksmith, hay rides, baseballs games and more! Free admission and parking!
- War Memorial Sault International Festival of Races and Oktoberfest, Sault Ste. Marie Saturday, September 2022 TBD. 60 Mile Bike Race 7:05 AM, 40 Mile Bike Race 7:10 AM, Half Marathon 7:15 AM, Bridge Run (7.1 Miles) 7:30 AM, 5K Run/Walk 7:45 AM. Join up to 500 runners as part of the 11th Annual Sault International Festival of Races
The Sault International Festival of Races provides runners with a unique opportunity to traverse the Sault Ste Marie International Bridge and run alongside the St. Mary's River all set against the backdrop of beautiful fall foliage and cool E.U.P. temperatures.
The Race concludes at downtown Sault Ste Marie, where the Sault Ste. Marie Fall Festival will commence at 10 am.
- AMERICAN SPEED FESTIVAL - M1 Concourse, September 29 - October 2, 2022. Celebrate some of the greatest drivers, designers, and cars in motorsports! The American Speed Festival features several days of live driving demonstrations on the M1 Concourse’s 1.5-mile circuit. Tickets include access to The M1 Concourse property, parking, access to the Pit Stop Alley (Premium Food Trucks), Arena Biergarten, Lifestyle Pavilion, all show cars, all display cars, RSTEs (on Sunday, Oct. 2 if you purchase that ticket day), R/C off-road racetrack, Awards show, music, and entertainment. Buy your tickets early: Daily admission to the American Speed Festival is $75.00. The Drive and Dine tour is $200.
- Annual Oktoberfest, Friday, September 30 and Saturday, October 1st, 2022. Entry $5, under-21 Free. Carpathia Club, 38000 Utica Road, Sterling Heights. Live bands, cultural food, and a Father’s Day picnic!
- Michigan's Big Country Fest-September 30-October 1, 2022, Heritage Park, 601 Weiss St, Frankenmuth, MI. This festival will be held inside the Harvey Kern Community Pavilion. It is a fully enclosed pavilion so it’s protected from the weather, and we have heat.
Stop in for awesome bands, a mechanical bull, bloody Mary bar, craft beer flights, food trucks, free line dancing lessons, cornhole tournament and more! Admission is $7 per person to get into the festival pavilion where everything takes place. Buy your tickets now. All ages are welcome, children 5 and under are free to get in. Popular events October 1, 2022!
Travel-mi.com is not directly associated with local events. Information about these events is provided for planning purposes. While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this data, we cannot be held responsible for changes in dates, venues, etc.
Planning Ahead - Michigan Christmas Trains and the Incredible North Pole Express!
- North Pole Express - IT SELLS OUT VERY QUICKLY (usually before mid October)-Saturdays and Sundays, November 16th to December 21st. Departing from Owosso, MI. Embark on a nostalgic journey back in time to the Christmas of yesteryear when you climb aboard the North Pole Express, pulled by the world-famous Pere Marquette 1225! Depart from the Steam Railroading Institute for a four-hour, round trip excursion to the Village of Ashley’s Country Christmas.
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...