Delicious Fresh Michigan Strawberry Pie Recipe | By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com
Do you absolutely LIVE for fresh strawberries in the summer? We sure do!
Chris and I can't wait for June to arrive so we can pick fresh Michigan Strawberries for our homemade strawberry shortcake, strawberry smoothies, strawberry jam, strawberry cheesecake squares and strawberry sauce for pancakes! Yummy!
This delicious and fresh pie recipe uses a pretzel and graham cracker crust that is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. You will love it!
Oh, and it's no bake, so you won't be heating up your kitchen!
This is a recipe I enjoy making in the spring as it's a great way to use tons of fresh strawberries.
Note: I'm not a chef or dietician, just a home cook that loves to make delicious treats for her family! I hope you enjoy this Strawberry Pie recipe as much as we do!
I just picked this lovely box of Michigan strawberries!
What is strawberry pie filling made of? Well, strawberries, of course! Plus sugar, corn starch and vanilla!
How long does strawberry pie last? I recommend eating your strawberry pie within 3 days.
Why is my strawberry pie runny? Make sure you cook your strawberry sauce for at least 3 minutes to allow it to thicken. If it's still runny, try adding a bit more corn starch. Your pie may be a bit runny the second day as juice will come out of the berries overnight. This is normal.
To prepare the crust:
1. I use my blender to grind up the graham crackers. Start with about 5 graham crackers broken up and placed in the blender. After blending, pour the crumbs into a 1 cup measuring cup. Keep blending more to come up with 1 cup of crumbs.
2. Repeat the process with the pretzels and pecans.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, pretzel crumbs, pecan crumbs, and sugar.
4. Add the melted butter until well combined. (I just melt the butter in the microwave)
5. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a sprayed (I use Pam spray) 9-inch springform pan. It works great to use a small flat bottomed 1/2 cup measuring cup to flatten the crumbs.
6. Place in the refrigerator to cool as you prepare the strawberry filling.
To prepare the filling:
1. Place 1 ½ cups of strawberries into your blender and puree.
2. After pureed, place strawberries into a saucepan and add the sugar, boiling water, and cornstarch. Stir well with a wisk.
3. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once the mixture begins to boil, you will notice it will begin to thicken. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. After 3 minutes, remove from the heat.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract.
6. Cut the remaining strawberries into bite size pieces. Stir the fresh cut strawberries into the glaze and pour into the prepared crust.
7. Chill the pie for 2-3 hours until the glaze has set. I covered it with plastic wrap. Keep the pie chilled until ready to serve.
This Michigan Strawberry Pie is best the same day it is made but trust me, I won't turn it down tomorrow! Chris loves to eat it topped with Cool Whip!
Per an article by Best Health, strawberries are not only juicy and delicious but they are a superfood, too. Strawberries are nutrient-rich, packed with antioxidants (like vitamin C), boost your immunity, improve your skin's resilience, lower your cholesterol, help reduce inflammation and so many more healthy benefits!
Our Michigan Strawberry Shortcake is soooo yummy!
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
How long does strawberry pie last? Not rated yet
If I make this the day before, will it be good? Thank you! Stacie Answer Hi Stacie! If you are short on time, I would recommend washing and …
Why is my strawberry pie runny? Not rated yet
Ive tried to make a strawberry pie before (not this recipe) but it was runny! Before I try this recipe, do you have any helpful tips? Thanks!! Answer …