The Ultimate 2022 Guide of November Michigan Events, Festivals, Thanksgiving, Art Shows, Holiday/Christmas Parades, Christmas Trains, Tree Lighting, and Best Things to Do in Michigan This Weekend
November Michigan Events Calendar
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2022 November Michigan events, festivals, happenings, Holiday events, activities and fun things to do in Michigan for families, couples and friends!
See our monthly current event schedule and things to do in Michigan in November! So many things to do in Michigan in the fall.
Destinations: Detroit, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Petoskey, Charlevoix, Houghton Lake, Midland, South Haven, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Lansing, Escanaba, Gaylord, Upper Peninsula (including Marquette) and more!
Plan your November Michigan trip or fall vacation around our inspiring upcoming festivals and events!
- While we make every effort to verify our listed events, please visit the event website, Facebook page or call them prior to your visit to check dates/times, make reservations, buy tickets and ask questions. Our list is for ideas only and we are not responsible for event changes or cancelations or updates.
November Michigan events, festivals and activities are in full swing! Apple festivals, beer week and Comic Con are just a few of November events to look forward to! Lots of festivals in Michigan this weekend.
Traveling Michigan in November is absolutely stunning as our nights are cool but our days are sunny and still perfect for discovering forest walks!
Let's travel Michigan together! See what's happening in Michigan!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our November Michigan adventures and Michigan vacations! We hope you enjoy our November Michigan fun things to do today!
And as always, if you have November Michigan events, festivals and activities that you would like listed, let us know here!
What is there to do in northern Michigan in November?
We had a reader ask us, "What is there to do in northern Michigan in November?" Well, if you are looking for Marquette and Upper Peninsula events, we've got 'em!
There's cheese sampling, ice hockey, winter farmers markets, Turkeytrots and more! (See all the Marquette and Upper Peninsula event listings below)
THE BEST November Michigan Events-2022
- Charlevoix’s Restaurant Week, Fall 2021 cancelled. This is an opportunity to come to your favorite local restaurants and try new dishes at special prices
- IllumiZoo, John Ball Zoo, 1300 W. Fulton St., Grand Rapids, MI, September 3 - November 14, 2021. Enjoy a nighttime journey through the Zoo! Stroll through an illuminated landscape of nature enriched with lighting and sounds. See incredible imagery, music-synchronized animal displays, and animated motifs of moving light. There are so many places to visit in Michigan in November!
- 9th Annual M-60 Corn Maze, November 2021, Union City
- Piquette Fall Art Fair, Thu, Nov 4, 2021, 3:00 PM - 8 pm. at the 461 Piquette Ave • Detroit, MI. The Piquette Art Fair will feature several Detroit and Michigan artists. Art will include paintings, sculpture, illustrations, metal work, ceramics, and more
- Grand Rapids Sightseeing Trolley Experience! at House Rules Lounge, Grand Rapids Beer Trolley, LLC, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Recurring weekly on Thursday's, check their website for details and tickets.
- Hot Cider Hustle - Grand Rapids, November 5, 2022. Half marathon and 5k run/walk. Waiting for you at the finish line is hot caramel apples and apple cider! 7:00 a.m. Packet Pick Up Open and 8:00 a.m. Packet Pick Up Closes.
8:30 a.m. the Half Marathon & 5K starts. Course time limit: Half Marathon – 3 hours, 30 minutes. 5K – 1 hour 20 minutes
- Winter's Eve Market at SCA -11/5/2021, 5-9 pm, Saugatuck Center for the Arts, 400 Culver Street Saugatuck, MI 49453. Com out for the perfect night of artisan craft cocktails, Michigan made wares, and music at the SCA. Grab a snack and one of our unique cold-weather inspired drinks to enjoy while you stroll through the booths of local top-notch creatives featuring artisan housewares and decor, hand-crafted wearables, treats for you and your pets, and MORE! There are so many places to visit in Michigan in November!
- Indie Arts and Crafts Fest - Crafts at Beer, Detroit
- Smetanka Arts & Crafts Show, November 6, 2021 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Main Expo Center, Kalamazoo, MI
- Holiday Expo and Artisan's Market, November 6, 2021, 9 AM – 3 PM Forest Hills Eastern High School, 2200 Pettis Ave NE, Ada, MI. Fun November Michigan event!
- Self-Guided Saturdays at The Pines (Dow Gardens) Midland, MI, Call for availability.
- Harvest Market - Kalamazoo Expo Center Craft Show! November 6, 2021. Free admission! Get started on that Holiday shopping!
- Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village is one of the top Christmas experiences in the country! Tickets go on sale first week of November 2021. Book your spots in early November as they sell out fast!
- Downtown Marquette Farmers Market, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm Late Fall Market 2021 Occurring 11/07/2021 - 12/18/2021 on Saturdays at the Marquette Commons. This outdoor market features fresh produce, small farm raised meat and eggs, flower bouquets and more.
- Self Guided Recycling Center Tours, Presented By Kent County Department of Public Works, November 7, 14, 21, 28, 2022. 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM, 977 Wealthy St SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. FREE! Learn all about recycling, watch their workers and machines sort right in front of you! Fantastic September Michigan event for the whole family.
- Escanaba Winter Farmers Market, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm Winter 2021, Occurring 11/06/2021 - 12/18/2021 on Saturdays at the Civic Center in Escanaba. Baked goods and meat products, including fish, eggs, and other miscellaneous goods.
So Many Fun Things to Do in Michigan in November!
Things to do in November 2021! Visiting Michigan in November is fantastic as there are so many November events!
- Grand Rapids Comic Con, November 12, 2021 - November 14, 2021, DeVos Place Convention Center, 303 Monroe Ave. NW, Grand Rapids, MI. Fun things to do in Grand Rapids in November.
- Keepsake Arts and Crafts Shows:
- November 12, 2022 - Morey Courts
- December 3, 4, 2022 - Clarkston High School
- December 10, 2022 - Horizons Conference Center
- Traverse City Beer Week, November 12-19, 2021 Traverse City Beer Week showcases a series of events highlighting their fabulous craft beer scene. Experience craft beer tastings, dinners, and workshops.
- Women’s Spectacular Shopping Saturday, November 13, 2021, Downtown South Haven | 10am–6pm
- Detroit Doll Show/Expo, Sat, Nov 13, 11:00 AM. Northwest Activities Center, Detroit, MI
- Harper Holly Days Craft Show, November 13, 2021, Harper Creek Middle School, Battle Creek, 9 am–3 pm, Free. I love this show, I had a booth there for several years as an artist!
- Fall Fun On The Farm, Maple Leaf Farm, Falmouth, MI. November 13 | @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, Sample everything! Soups, cheeses and more!
- Flapjack and Flannel Fest, November 2021 TBD, 12 pm - 7 p.m, $10 - $60. The Little Fleet, 448 E Front St, Traverse City, MI. Don your awesome flannel shirts and come on down to The Little Fleet for the annual festival where amazing flapjacks from Daily Blend and The Cooks House will be served with handcrafted cocktails from Iron Fish Distillery and craft beers from Michigan's finest breweries.
Are wineries open in Traverse City in November?
Absolutely! Wine tasting and
More November Events and Fun Things to do in November for the Whole Family!
- Pretzel Rolling at Bavarian Inn, ongoing, 2:30 PM, Bavarian Inn Restaurant, 713 S Main St, Frankenmuth, MI. Become a German baker! You will be taught proper pretzel-rolling methods to roll your own pretzel! Pick up your piping hot pretzel after it is baked! This is very fun, we've done it!
- North Pole Polar Express Train Ride - IT SELLS OUT VERY QUICKLY (before end of October)- Saturdays and Sundays, November to December. Departing from Owosso, MI. Embark on a nostalgic journey back in time to the Christmas of yesteryear when you climb aboard the North Pole Express, pulled by the world-famous Pere Marquette 1225 steam train! Depart from the Steam Railroading Institute for a four-hour, round trip excursion to the Village of Ashley’s Country Christmas. One of my favorite events in November!
- Visit Crossroads Village and ride the Huckleberry Railroad! This incredible Michigan Christmas village in Flint, Michigan features a buffet dinner and several historical buildings to tour including a post office, church and dentist's office! Plus, you can ride the nostalgic Huckleberry Railroad for a true taste of the past!
- Traverse City Shop & Sip Craft Market, CANCELLED 2021 1 – 7 PM, Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, 100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd, Acme, MI. The Traverse City Shop & Sip is a fun northern Michigan handmade holiday craft market.
- Dowagiac Christmas Open House Weekend and Craft Show, November 12 and 13, 2021, Enjoy yuletide classics while enjoying holiday activities held downtown from 10 to 2 p.m. A true-to-life Old-World Santa and European-styled Mrs. Claus greet children downtown.
- Master Chef & Master Chef Junior Live, November 17, 2021, Van Andel Arena, DeVos Performance Hall130 W. Fulton St. Grand Rapids, MI 49503, 7:00 pm, The family-friendly show will feature head-to-head cooking demonstrations and messy challenges with past MasterChef and MasterChef Junior contestants
- Grand Rapids International Wine Beer and Food Festival, November 19 - 20, 2021, DeVos Place, Grand Rapids, Sample from 1600 plus beverages from around the world (six continents) in the Vineyard. It's the largest tasting room experience you can find! Named "Best Fall Wine Festival Not to Miss" by Forbes.com!
- 26th Annual Luminary Festival, November 19, 2021, Downtown St. Joseph, 5–8 pm, Free
- Annual Detroit Tree Lighting - Held at Campus Martius Park from 5 p.m. – midnight on Friday, Nov. 19, 2021. Free. Spectacular live entertainment, Olympic figure skaters, and award-winning local performers and skating clubs. Enjoy dazzling lighting attractions, horse-drawn carriage rides, holiday shopping, hot chocolate giveaways, food trucks, visits from Santa, and much more!
See the spectacular Michigan-grown, 65-foot Norway spruce sparkling with ornaments and 20,000 lights. See Santa and special guests light the Tree just after 7pm! Fun things to do in Detroit in November!
Live entertainment on The Rink and stage at Campus Martius Park, including performances by Olympic and U.S. national champion figure skater Ashley Wagner, “The Voice” Season 20 winner Cam Anthony, Detroit’s Queen of the Blues Thornetta Davis, and Ryan Neal, a Detroit-based singer/songwriter and producer.
- Silver Bells in the City, Friday, November 19th from 5-9 PM, Downtown Lansing, Parade on Washington and Capital, concerts, tree lighting, music.
- The Sound of Music, November 19, 2021 - December 19, 2021, Grand Rapids Civic Theatre, 30 N. Division, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
- Kalamazoo Holiday Parade, The Maple Hill Kalamazoo Holiday Parade will return this November and take to the streets of downtown Kalamazoo on Saturday, Nov. 20, 2021 at approximately 11:00 a.m.
- Battle Creek Holiday Parade, Nov. 20, 2021, Downtown Battle Creek, 5:45pm
- Mistletoe Market Gala, South Haven Center for the Arts, 600 Phoenix Street, South Haven, November 20, 2021 to December 12, 2021 on select dates. See their website for dates and times.
- Battle Creek Holiday Parade, Sat, Nov 20, 2021. 77 E Michigan Ave, Battle Creek, MI. Since 1979 parade goers can enjoy the colorful Battle Creek Holiday Parade as it routes along Michigan Avenue through beautiful downtown Battle Creek. It's the beginning of the International Festival of Lights and you can see Santa Claus too!
- Cheese Sampling, Sat, Nov 20, 2021, 6 – 8 AM, Marquette Food Co-op, 502 W Washington St, Marquette, MI
- Festival of the Lights, Big Rapids, Saturday, November 20, 2021, 6 – 8 PM. $10 entry fee, line-up starts at 4:00 pm along Michigan Avenue (South of Oak Street) and Cedar Street. Parade starts at 6:00 pm.
Parade Route Map of the Midland MI Santa Parade
- 2021 Midland Santa Holiday Parade on Saturday, November 20, 2021 Parade begins from Midland High School at 10 AM. Parade route: Eastlawn, Saginaw, Ashman and finishes on Main street (downtown). After the parade, head to the Midland Center For the Arts Art Fair or the Cocoa Crawl (listed below!)
- Cocoa Crawl, Downtown Midland Michigan, After the Midland Santa Holiday Parade on Saturday, November 20, 2021, enjoy the Hot Cocoa Crawl! Join participating retailers and restaurants in Downtown Midland to sample their own spin on delicious hot cocoa recipes. Enjoy a complimentary hot cup while browsing the shops or stopping for lunch. Vote for your favorite cocoa!
- Holiday Art Fair at Midland Center for the Arts, Nov 20 – Sun, Nov 21, 2021. 1801 W St Andrews Rd, Midland, MI. Ticket Cost:
$5 One Day | $8 Two Day Pass. Kick off the holiday shopping season as we are excited to bring Holiday Art Fair back indoors at Midland Center for the Arts! Featuring over 30 local artists and vendors with art, handmade items and special gifts for the holiday season
Saturday, November 20, 2021 | 10 AM - 4 PM
Sunday, November 21, 2021 | 12 PM - 4 PM
- Annual Wonderland of Lights - Thursday through Sunday, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm, November 20 - December 26 (closed on Thanksgiving, November 25, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day) Where: Potter Park Zoo! Tour grounds with friends and family as thousands of lights and decorations transform the zoo into a holiday spectacle. Events, fall fun and animal encounters for all to enjoy!
- Autumn Artisan Market, Journeyman Distillery, Three Oaks, November 20-21, 2021, times vary by day see their website for details
- Downtown Traverse City Light Parade and Santa's Arrival, November 20, 2021, Location: Downtown Traverse City, E Front St, Traverse City, MI at 5:30 PM
- Holiday Craft Show | Kalamazoo Expo Center, November 20-21, 2021, times vary by day, see their website for details
- Treetops 10th Annual Beer and Wine Festival - November 20, 2021. 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm Treetops Resort, 3962 Wilkinson Road, Gaylord, MI.
- Kerstmarkt- Saturday, November 20, 2021 to December 11, 2021, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, 8th Street Marketplace and Pine Avenue, Holland - Ottawa, MI. Weekends. Experience a delightful outdoor European-style market with holiday items, delicious food and artisan demonstrations in Holland, Michigan. “Kerstmarkt” in the Dutch language means “Christmas market.” Kerstmarkt is located at the 8th Street Market Place in front of the Civic Center. Open for three weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas as well as the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
- The Big Bright Light Show, Rochester, Mi, November 23, 2021 – Monday, January 3, 2022 Where is the big bright light show in Rochester Mi? It's all along Main Street in Rochester, Michigan.
- Metro Health Christmas & Holiday Traditions, November 23, 2021 - January 2, 2022, Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, 1000 East Beltline Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525. Be wowed with the glow of over 300,000 colorful lights, virtual visits from Santa, rooftop reindeer and 46 international trees and displays.
Michigan Christmas Train Rides!
All Aboard! This November and December, celebrate the joy of Christmas by experiencing a nostalgic Michigan train ride!
Detroit Thanksgiving Day Parade!
Bundle up and come to Woodward Ave in Detroit to enjoy the bright colorful floats, marching bands, live entertainment and happy sounds of the Detroit Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thanksgiving day, November 25, 2021.
Not Cooking This Thanksgiving? (It's Ok!) See Where to Get a Great Thanksgiving Meal in a Restaurant or Delivered!
- Portage Health Turkey Trot, Thursday, November 25, 2021, 9:00 am at the UP Health System - Portage, Hancock, 500 Campus Dr, Hancock, MI. Come out for a 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning! This is a great event for the entire family! Participants will meet at the front lobby of UP Health System - Portage in Hancock to register.
- Festival of Wreaths, The Muskegon Museum of Art, 2021 – a wreath walk event to enjoy decorated wreaths from the sidewalk or street from November 24 through December 5, 2021. A Walking Guide with the location of all the wreaths was available at the Muskegon Museum of Art Store and at participating businesses starting November 24.
- Up North Media Traverse City Turkey Trot, Thu, Nov 25, 9 – 11 AM Traverse City, MI. Runners and walkers alike will be able to trot the streets of Traverse City once again this year for this annual Thanksgiving event! 5K run/walk. Wear your turkey hats, socks, and costumes! The event begins and ends at St. Francis High School. Fun Traverse City in November event!
- Annual Community Tree Lighting, November 26, 2021, 6 pm, Wicks Park, Water Street Saugatuck, MI. Beginning at 5pm, see Santa & The Mayor of Saugatuck with free hot chocolate and cookies, caroling, and a countdown to light the holiday tree in unison with the Star on Mt. Baldhead! Visit local shops and restaurants and enjoy the holiday spirit!
- Fantasy of Lights, Howell, MI Parade begins at 7 p.m. on November 26, 2021. This spectacular nighttime parade includes dozens of illuminated floats, marching bands, over 50 other entries, and Santa.
- Tree lighting ceremony in Bronson Park, Friday, November 26th, from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- HollyDazzle at the Michigan Renaissance Festival - 12600 Dixie Hwy. Holly, MI, Nov 26-Dec 31, 2021. Holly Dazzle is a magical three-quarter mile outdoor trail featuring pretty lighted Christmas scenes including Santa Claus, Sledding Penguins and Candy Land Castle in a magical winter wonderland walk through at the Renaissance Village. Get your tickets online! Free Parking!
- Visit Frankenmuth this month! Carriage tours, fudge, Christmas lights, ice skating and so much more! Grab our Frankenmuth Christmas guide!
- Black Friday & Small Business Saturday in Downtown Traverse City, Fri, Nov 26 – Sat, Nov 27 by the Downtown Traverse City Association, 303 E State St, Traverse City, MI. Get ready to start your holiday shopping and support your local merchants! Fun November events traverse city 2021
- Glen Arbor Holiday Marketplace, November 26, 2021 and 27, 2021 at Glen Arbor Township Hall, 6394 W Western Ave, Glen Arbor, MI, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM; Saturday, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Whootville Christmas Parade, Downtown Saugatuck, November 27, 2021, 1pm. Fun November Michigan events in Saugatuck.
- Comedy Night, November 27, 2021. 8pm - 10 pm. Treetops Resort, 3962 Wilkinson Road, Gaylord, MI.
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides at Frankfort High School, November 27, 2021 at Frankfort High School, 534 11th St. Frankfort, MI at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Price: Free
- Holly Berry Arts & Crafts Fair at Frankfort High School, November 27, 2021 at Frankfort High School, 534 11th St., Frankfort, MI. Time: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Price: $2 suggested donation
- Stafford's Downtown Petoskey Holiday Parade, November 27, 2021, 6:00 PM 7:00 PM
- Men's Ice Hockey- Bowling Green vs. Northern Michigan, Sat, Nov 27, 6:37 – 9:07 PM, Berry Events Center, W Fair Ave, Marquette, MI
- TV6 Thanksgiving Craft Show, Friday, November 26, 2021 - November 27, 2021, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, UP State Fairgrounds, 2401 12th Ave N, Escanaba, MI
- Frankenmuth ChristKindlMarkt, "A Handmade Christmas" Fri, weekends: November 26-28, December 3-5 and December 10-12, 2021. Friday-Sat 11 AM – 8 PM, Sunday 11-4 PM. Frankenmuth Farmers Market, 534 N Main St, Frankenmuth. Frankenmuth is fondly known by some as "Christmas Town, USA" and now you can see why. Enjoy a traditional German holiday market set in a quaint winter wonderland at the North end of Frankenmuth. Find the perfect gift for everyone on your list.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony, Bronson Park, 2021 TBD, Kalamazoo, 5 pm, Free
- Mannheim Steamroller Christmas by Chip Davis, November 29, 2021, DeVos Performance Hall303 Monroe Ave. NW, Grand Rapids, MI, 7:30 p.m. Visit their website for details, tickets and information.
We hope you enjoy our exciting November Michigan events and ideas of fun things to do! Perfect for families, solo or couples.
Michigan Farms to Visit in November (Think Cider and Donuts!)
Gull Meadow Farms-Richland, MI. Pumpkins, delicious donuts and a corn maze. We used to go there weekly when we lived in the area. There is a train for kids and a tractor drawn hay wagon for the whole family. Great place!! What a fun November Michigan event! We love it!
Uncle Johns Cider Mill-8614 US-127, St Johns, MI. Gorgeous barn with hard ciders and treats!
Leaman's Green Applebarn-7475 N. River Road, Freeland, MI. Cider and donuts are a must. Baked goods are outstanding!
Baynes Apple Valley-5395 Midland Road, Freeland, MI Awarded Mid-Michigan's Best Orchard 3 years in a row! Great homemade baked goods and fresh pressed pure apple cider. We love grabbing a sandwich in the cute shop and grabbing some fresh cider on the way out! Great place to meet friends during cool November Michigan afternoons!
Coveyou Scenic Farms-4160 US-131, Petoskey, MI We loved our stop at Coveyou Scenic Farm market, the owners are super friendly and the market has so many great things! We purchased bottles of syrup and squash!
Pond Hill Farms-5699 S Lake Shore Dr, Harbor Springs, MI. If you are out and about for Michigan fall color tours, be sure to stop at Pond Hill Farms to enjoy fresh warm donuts and cider around their bonfire! There's a cafe to warm up and enjoy the day!
The Best Michigan Christmas Tree Farms
This year, why not get a fresh cut tree? It's time to make some awesome family memories! Grab our interactive map to find the best Michigan Christmas Tree Farms near you! We even have a tree shipping option!
Preplanning: Want to Try Michigan Dog Sledding?
Photo: Nature's Kennel Dog Sledding Adventures
December is almost here!
Don't miss a moment of November Michigan events, festivals, activities for the whole family! Join our newsletter to have events and fun delivered directly to your inbox!
Travel-mi.com is not directly associated with local events. Information about these events is provided for planning purposes. While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this data, we cannot be held responsible for changes in dates, venues, etc.
What Michigan Events Are Coming Up Next?
We also have super fun Michigan events for every month!
Disclaimer: Please be sure to visit a particular event's website to verify dates, times, happenings and details. We make every possible effort to be verify these the event details but as we are human, mistakes can occur and event dates/times can change. If you see an error below, PLEASE let us know and we will correct it.
Being bored sucks! Never miss another event! Join our network of Traveling Michigan Explorers! Be a part of this amazing community of travelers!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Join Us on Instagram, We're Fun!!
Event Centers in Michigan
Still bored? Don't forget to check these Michigan event centers/theaters/auditoriums across Michigan for concerts, events, shows or comedy entertainment!
Here are a few Michigan event centers to inspire you!
- Cobo Hall-Detroit
- Midland Center for the Arts-Midland
- Dow Gardens-Midland
- Kalamazoo State Theatre
- Fire Keepers Casino
- Soaring Eagle Casino-Mt. Pleasant
- Wings Event Center-Kalamazoo
- Miller Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Civic Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Chenery Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Kellogg Arena-Battle Creek
- LMC Mendel Center-Benton Harbor
- Franke Center for the Arts-Marshall
- The Bob-Grand Rapids
- Van Andel-Grand Rapids
- Devos Place-Grand Rapids
- Dow Event Center-Saginaw
Check Out Our Traveling Michigan Videos on Youtube!
Check out our off-road Keweenaw Peninsula adventures on YouTube!
Popular Pages You May Also Like...
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...