The Ultimate 2022 Guide of November Michigan Events, Festivals, Thanksgiving, Art Shows, Holiday/Christmas Parades, Christmas Trains, Tree Lighting, and Best Things to Do in Michigan This Weekend
November Michigan Events Calendar of the Best Festivals, Fairs, Shows, and Fun!
November Michigan Events and Things to Do | By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Last updated: September 9, 2022
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2022 Michigan events in November, festivals, happenings, Holiday events, activities and fun things to do in Michigan for families, couples and friends!
See our monthly current event schedule and things to do in Michigan in November! So many things to do in Michigan in the fall.
Destinations: Detroit, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Petoskey, Charlevoix, Houghton Lake, Midland, South Haven, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Lansing, Escanaba, Gaylord, Upper Peninsula (including Marquette) and more!
Plan your November Michigan trip or fall vacation around our inspiring upcoming festivals and events!
- While we make every effort to verify our listed events, please visit the event website, Facebook page or call them prior to your visit to check dates/times, make reservations, buy tickets and ask questions. Our list is for ideas only and we are not responsible for event changes or cancelations or updates.
November Michigan events, festivals and activities are in full swing! Apple festivals, beer week and Comic Con are just a few of November events to look forward to! Lots of festivals in Michigan this weekend.
Traveling Michigan in November is absolutely stunning as our nights are cool but our days are sunny and still perfect for discovering forest walks!
Let's travel Michigan together! See what's happening in Michigan!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our November Michigan adventures and Michigan vacations! We hope you enjoy our November Michigan fun things to do today!
And as always, if you have November Michigan events, festivals and activities that you would like listed, let us know here!
What is there to do in Northern Michigan in November?
We had a reader ask us, "What is there to do in northern Michigan in November?" Well, if you are looking for Marquette and Upper Peninsula events, we've got 'em!
There's cheese sampling, ice hockey, winter farmers markets, Turkeytrots and more! (See all the Marquette and Upper Peninsula event listings below)
THE BEST November Michigan Events-2022
- Downtown Marquette Farmers Market, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. Ongoing Late Fall Market 2022 Occurring through November 19, 2022 on Saturdays at the Marquette Commons. This outdoor market features fresh produce, small farm raised meat and eggs, flower bouquets and more. The market moves inside the Commons building starting November 5, 2022.
- Gilmore Car Museum's Winter Wonderland - Nov 25, 2022 - Dec 30, 2022, OPEN: 5:00 PM- 9:00 PM Thursdays through Sundays plus December 13, December 19, December 20 and December 21, 2022. Check their website for details. This Holiday Lights Spectacular offers a drive-through and walk-through nighttime holiday lights experience across the spacious 90-acres of the Gilmore Car Museum campus. You can also visit the inside of the museum to meet Santa Claus, explore the Gilmore’s Festival of Trees and galleries filled with hundreds of classic cars. Visit with Santa Claus, reindeer games for the kids, holiday food & beverages, inflatable maze, artwork, live music.
- 10th Annual M-60 Corn Maze, 8220 M 60 Union City, MI 49094. They open September 16, 2022 and go through the end of November. There are so many places to visit in Michigan in November! See our Giant List of Michigan Corn Mazes!
- Fall Art Market - Krasal Art Center, St. Joseph, 10 am - 3 pm.
- Winter's Eve Market at SCA -November 4, 2022, 5-9 pm, Saugatuck Center for the Arts, 400 Culver Street Saugatuck, MI 49453. Come out for the perfect night of artisan craft cocktails, Michigan made wares, and music at the SCA. Grab a snack and one of our unique cold-weather inspired drinks to enjoy while you stroll through the booths of local top-notch creatives featuring artisan housewares and decor, hand-crafted wearables, treats for you and your pets, and MORE! There are so many places to visit in Michigan in November!
- Noktoberfest 2022 - Froehlich's, Three Oaks, 6pm - 9pm. Come on out to celebrate their German heritage at their 3rd annual Noktoberfest! Featuring the 35 piece German band, Ein Prosit, complete with a full Alpen horn section! Drinks and more!
- Hot Cider Hustle - Grand Rapids, November 5, 2022. Half marathon and 5k run/walk. Waiting for you at the finish line is hot caramel apples and apple cider! 7:00 a.m. Packet Pick Up Open and 8:00 a.m. Packet Pick Up Closes. 8:30 a.m. the Half Marathon & 5K starts. Course time limit: Half Marathon – 3 hours, 30 minutes. 5K – 1 hour 20 minutes
- Treetops 11th Annual Michigan Beer & Wine Festival November 5, 2022 from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm. $40 per person - includes 10 tasting tickets, access to the event, souvenir glass/mug.
- Jackson Toy Show - November 5, 2022, 9am to 3pm, located at 200 W. Ganson St. Jackson, MI 49202, Jackson Fairgrounds (Keeley Park). Admission $5.00 per person kids under 12 FREE. The Jackson show has over 240 tables of toy collectibles including NASCAR, Tractors, Dolls, Promos, Hot Wheels, Slot Cars, Model Cars, Star Wars, Action Figures, Movie Posters, Comics, Sport Cards, Matchbox, Trains, Die Cast Trucks, Cartoon Characters, Battery Operated & Wind-Ups, Antique Toys and more!
- Harvest Market - Kalamazoo Expo Center, November 5, 2022, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Get a started on your Christmas shopping. Over 100 booths to shop with unique vendors from across Michigan. Admission is free to this fun November Michigan event!
- Holiday Expo and Artisan's Market, November 5, 2022, 9 AM – 3 PM Forest Hills Eastern High School, 2200 Pettis Ave NE, Ada, MI. Fun November Michigan event!
- Kalamazoo Reptile & Exotic Pet Expo, Kalamazoo Expo Center, November 5, 2022, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Expo South
- Self Guided Recycling Center Tours, Presented By Kent County Department of Public Works, November 7, 14, 21, 28, 2022. 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM, 977 Wealthy St SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. FREE! Learn all about recycling, watch their workers and machines sort right in front of you! Fantastic November Michigan event for the whole family.
- Escanaba Winter Farmers Market, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm Winter 2022, Saturdays at the Civic Center in Escanaba. 225 21st St N, Escanaba, MI. Baked goods and meat products, including fish, eggs, and other miscellaneous goods.
- Edmund Fitzgerald Memorial Service 2023 - Whitefish Point Lighthouse, 18335 N Whitefish Point Rd, Paradise, MI 49768. November 10, 2023 at 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
- Grand Rapids Comic Con, November 11, 2022 - November 13, 2022, DeVos Place Convention Center, 303 Monroe Ave. NW, Grand Rapids, MI. Fun things to do in Grand Rapids in November.
- Traverse City Beer Week, November 11-18, 2022 Traverse City Beer Week showcases a series of events highlighting their fabulous craft beer scene. Experience craft beer tastings, dinners, and workshops. Fun November Michigan beer event!
- Magic of Lights - Drive Through Christmas lights experience! Pine Knob Music Theatre in Clarkston, MI
Nov. 18th - Dec. 31st, 2022
Sun-Thurs 5:30pm-10pm | Fri-Sat 5:30pm-11pm. $15 per carload. Get into the Christmas spirit this November Michigan!
- Yuletide Festival – Blissfield, November 11-13, 2022
- Dowagiac Christmas Open House Weekend and Craft Show, November 11 and 12, 2022, Enjoy yuletide classics while enjoying holiday activities held downtown. Enjoy holiday shopping as Yuletide classics trumpet the crisp air, with the Open House from 10 to 2 p.m. A true-to-life Old-World Santa and Europeen-styled Mrs. Claus greet children downtown. Enjoy vocal, instrumental and dance performances at Beckwith Park, tour the grand city by horse-drawn carriage and meet local artisans at the Theta Mu Sorority Craft Show, held at Dowagiac Middle School from 9 to 3 p.m.
- Smetanka Arts & Crafts Show, November 12, 2022 - Grand Blanc High School - Grand Blanc, MI
- Self-Guided Saturdays at The Pines (Dow Gardens) Midland, MI, Call for availability. First Saturday of the month, there is a fee+ admission. Experience the 1899 home of Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow at your own pace during Self-Guided Saturday! Docents will be on hand to answer any questions you might have about this National Historic Landmark.
Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village is one of the top Christmas experiences in the state and country! Tickets go on sale around the first week of November 2022. Book your spots in early November as they sell out fast! Learn more about visiting Greenfield Village!
Find a Turkey Farm!
Where to get fresh, organic free range turkey
Wondering where to get fresh, organic free range turkey in Michigan for your Thanksgiving dinner?
We've got a great list of Michigan Turkey Farms, check it out!
So Many Fun Things to Do in Michigan in November!
Things to do in November 2022! Visiting Michigan in November is fantastic as there are so many November events!
- Keepsake Arts and Crafts Shows:
- November 12, 2022 - Morey Courts
- December 3, 4, 2022 - Clarkston High School
- December 10, 2022 - Horizons Conference Center
- Women’s Spectacular Shopping Saturday, November 2022 TBD, Downtown South Haven | 10am–6pm. Fun November Michigan shopping event!
- Detroit Doll Show/Expo, Sat, Nov 12, 2022, 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Northwest Activities Center, Detroit, MI
- Harper Holly Days Craft Show, November 12, 2022, Harper Creek Middle School, Battle Creek, 9 am–3 pm, Free. I love this show, I had a booth there for several years as an artist!
- Flapjack and Flannel Fest, November 12, 2022, Jacob's Farm, Traverse City, MI. Don your awesome flannel shirts and come on down to Jacob's Farm for the annual festival involving breweries, wineries, distilleries, pancake pairings, live music, heated barn and good times.
- Cheese Sampling, Nov 12, 2022, 11 – 1 pm, Marquette Food Co-op, 502 W Washington St, Marquette, MI. Perfect November Michigan event in the upper Peninsula!
Are Wineries Open in Traverse City in November?
Absolutely! Wine tasting and treats galore! Grab our Traverse City Guides!
More November Events and Fun Things to do in November for the Whole Family!
- Pretzel Rolling at Bavarian Inn, ongoing at the Bavarian Inn Restaurant, 713 S Main St, Frankenmuth, MI. Become a German baker! You will be taught proper pretzel-rolling methods to roll your own pretzel! Pick up your piping hot pretzel after it is baked! This November Michigan activity is very fun, we've done it!
Michigan Christmas Train Rides!
- North Pole Polar Express Train Ride - IT SELLS OUT VERY QUICKLY (before end of October)- November 19, 20, 25, 26 and 27, 2022 and December 3, 4, 10, 11, 17 and 18, 2022. Departing from Owosso, MI. Embark on a nostalgic journey back in time to the Christmas of yesteryear when you climb aboard the North Pole Express, pulled by the world-famous Pere Marquette 1225 steam train! Depart from the Steam Railroading Institute for a four-hour, round trip excursion to the Village of Ashley’s Country Christmas. One of my favorite events in November!
So Many Michigan Christmas Trains to Get in the Christmas Spirit!
All Aboard! This November and December, celebrate the joy of Christmas by experiencing a nostalgic Michigan train ride!
- Grand Rapids International Wine Beer and Food Festival, November 18 - 19, 2022, DeVos Place, Grand Rapids. This November Michigan festival has established itself as Michigan’s annual tasting event, measured by more than 1,000 wines, beers, ciders and spirits from around the world, along with creations from the area’s finest restaurants. Friday, November 18 - 4:00 - 10:00 PM and Saturday, November 19 - 2:00 - 10:00 PM. Fee.
- 27th Annual Luminary Festival, November 18, 2022, Downtown St. Joseph, 5–8 pm, Free. Stroll through lovely downtown St. Joe as luminaries light your way to kick off the holiday season! Participating locations invite you to eat, shop, drink and be merry while you enjoy this charming Michigan lakeside town.
- Annual Detroit Tree Lighting - Held at Campus Martius Park from 5 p.m. – midnight on November 18, 2022. Free. Spectacular live entertainment, Olympic figure skaters, and award-winning local performers and skating clubs. Enjoy dazzling lighting attractions, horse-drawn carriage rides, holiday shopping, hot chocolate giveaways, food trucks, visits from Santa, and much more at this exciting November Michigan family friendly activity!
See the spectacular Michigan-grown, 65-foot Norway spruce sparkling with ornaments and 20,000 lights. See Santa and special guests light the Tree just after 7pm! Fun things to do in Detroit in November!
- Light Up Beacon Park - Friday, November 18, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. From 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., bring your kids to watch the 20-foot, Michigan-grown Children’s Tree sparkle with ornaments decorated by local Detroit children. The tree lighting ceremony is at 6 p.m. See Santa and his live reindeer, take a train ride, and live performances.
- Light The Village - Friday, November 18, 2022. 6pm - 9pm. Where: The Village of Rochester Hills, 104 N. Adams Road, Rochester Hills, MI. Visits with Santa will be November 18 – December 24, 2022. Additional parking with free shuttle service to/from Adams High School is available from 5:30pm to 9:30pm. The 375,000 square foot outdoor shopping center will be covered with over 350,000 dazzling-colored lights, Food Trucks, Stilt Walkers, Jugglers and more! Light the Village event will feature: *Live Musical Entertainment including performances by carolers, local area choirs and school bands – beginning at 6:00pm. A special arrival from Santa Claus – at 6:45pm and Fireworks Show – beginning promptly at 7:15pm.
- Silver Bells in the City, November 18, 2022 from 5-9 PM, Downtown Lansing, Parade on Washington and Capital, concerts, tree lighting, music.
- A Ford House Christmas, at The Ford House (Edsel and Eleanor), November 18 - December 30 5:30pm - 8:30pm. 1100 Lake Shore Road, Grosse Pointe Shores, MI. Travel back in time and spend the holiday season with the Ford family. Embark on a lighted shuttle ride to The Ford House for a holiday tour of the historic home. Partake in fun holiday crafts and entertainment. A concession stand will be available as well.
- Merry Marketplace at Crooked Tree Arts Center, Traverse City, MI. Each week will feature different artists, so come on out! November 18 & 19, 2022 and December 2 & 3, 2022.
- Shipshewana On the Road, Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, 6800 Soaring Eagle Boulevard, Mt Pleasant, MI. See Shipshewana on the Road, November 18-19, 2023. I'm excited about attending this Michigan event as it's one of the best places to visit in Michigan in November! November 18, 2023: 9:00am-6:00pm and November 19, 2023: 10:00 am-5:00 pm.
- Mary Poppins, November 18th – December 18th, 2022, Grand Rapids Civic Theatre, 30 N. Division, Grand Rapids, MI 49503. Such a fun November Michigan getaway to Grand Rapids!
- Kalamazoo Holiday Parade, The Maple Hill Kalamazoo Holiday Parade will return this November and take to the streets of downtown Kalamazoo on Saturday, Nov. 19, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
- Battle Creek Christmas Parade, Nov. 19, 2022, Downtown Battle Creek, 5:00pm 77 E Michigan Ave, Battle Creek, MI. Since 1979 parade goers can enjoy the colorful Battle Creek Christmas Parade as it routes along Michigan Avenue through beautiful downtown Battle Creek. It's the beginning of the International Festival of Lights and you can see Santa Claus too!
- Mistletoe Market Gala, South Haven Center for the Arts, Nov. 19th through Dec. 11, 2022. 11 am - 4 pm. 600 Phoenix Street, South Haven. This holiday-based consignment shop transforms the SHCA into a fine art market.
- Festival of the Lights Parade and Tree Lighting, Big Rapids, November 19, 2022, Time: 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Parade, Tree Lighting, Live Reindeer, Special Visit From Santa, Christmas Stories, Caroling, Hot Chocolate. Don't miss this November Michigan festival.
Parade Route Map of the Midland MI Santa Parade
- 2022 Midland Santa Holiday Parade on Saturday, November 19, 2022. This year’s theme being “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree”. Parade begins from Midland High School at 10 AM. Parade route: Eastlawn, Saginaw, Ashman and finishes on Main street (downtown). After the parade, head to the Midland Center For the Arts Art Fair or the downtown Cocoa Crawl (listed below!) Visit the Midland Santa House and ride the Northstar train!
- Midland Cocoa Crawl - November 19 from 12-2 p.m. After braving the weather to watch the Midland Santa Parade, join participating retailers and restaurants in Downtown Midland to sample their own spin on delicious hot cocoa recipes. Enjoy a complimentary tasting while browsing the shops or stopping for lunch.
- Holiday Art Fair, Midland Center for the Arts, November 19, 2022, 10 am - 4 pm and November 20, 2022, 12pm - 4pm
- Brighton's Holiday Glow - November 19, 2022, Each year this event launches the holiday season filling downtown Brighton with beautiful lights and warm holiday spirit. We love this exciting November Michigan family friendly activity!
- Santa's Reindeer Farm - Grandpa Tiny's Farm in Frankenmuth, 7775 Weiss St, Frankenmuth, MI. November 19, 20, 26, 27, 2022 and December 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 2022, 12-4:00 pm. Experience Santa's Farm during the hustle and bustle of getting ready for the Christmas season! The farm is on full on holiday mode for this stroll through event where you will get to see how Santa has transformed the farm into his headquarters preparing for the big day! Buy your tickets early!
- Annual Monroe Hometown Tree Lighting at Loranger Square. Friday, November 18, 2022, 4:00PM to 9:00PM. Tree will be lit at 7pm sharp! Activities include: Vintage Market vendors (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM), Visit with Santa & Mrs. Claus in the Childrens' Activities Area (5:30 PM - 8:30 PM), Live Reindeer (5:30 PM - 7:30 PM), Horse and wagon rides (5:30 PM - 8:30 PM) and Live Nativity courtesy of Heritage Baptist Church (5:00 PM - 8:30 PM) and more!
- 30th Annual Wonderland of Lights - Thursday through Sunday, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm, November 19 – December 23, 2022 (closed on Thanksgiving). Where: Potter Park Zoo! Thousands of colorful lights create an breathtaking holiday display! This November Michigan, take a stroll around the zoo, enjoy holiday music, and be wowed with sparkling lights for a magical Michigan winter evening. Stop by the Savanna Grill for a bite to eat and grab a goodie!
- Detroit Zoo: Walk along the wild side at Detroit Zoo's Wild Lights! November 19-January 8, 2022. The Zoo is even more magical during the winter with sparkly sights and Christmas entertainment! There is fun and activities for zoo goers of all ages. See millions of LED lights twinkling in the trees, buildings, lighted tunnel, and animal figures throughout the Zoo. Stroll through the Enchanted Trail, an immersive forest of lights and be wowed by the Polar Express 4D Theater!
- Autumn Artisan Market, Journeyman Distillery, Three Oaks, Nov 19, 2022 - Sunday Nov 20, 2022
- Downtown Traverse City Light Parade, Santa's Arrival and Tree Lighting, November 19, 2022, Location: Downtown Traverse City, E Front St, Traverse City, MI at 5:30 PM
- Holiday Craft Show | Kalamazoo Expo Center, November 19 - November 20, 2022. Times: Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Sunday, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Come on out to this November Michigan craft show, you will love it!
- Kerstmarkt Dutch Winterfest- Saturday, November 19, November 25, November 26, November 29, December 3, December 4, December 9, December 10, 2022. 8th Street Marketplace and Pine Avenue, Holland - Ottawa, MI. Weekends. Experience a delightful outdoor European-style market with holiday items, delicious food and artisan demonstrations in Holland, Michigan. “Kerstmarkt” in the Dutch language means “Christmas market” Kerstmarkt is located at the 8th Street Market Place in front of the Civic Center. This lovely November Michigan festival is open for three weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas as well as the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
- Open Barn Day With Santa, Pan Equus Animal Sanctuary, 940 Hummer Lake Rd, Oxford, MI, Saturday, November 19, 2022, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, FREE Entry
- Ann Arbor Frosted Flea Vintage Market, November 20, 2022. You will find shabby chic, antiques, vintage, bohemian goods, rusty treasures, jewelry, barn salvage, home decor, furniture, kitchenware, gypsy couture, candles, clothing, upscale handmade items, garden decor, and more. Also listen to live music and savor delicious food. Hours: 10am-5pm
- Dearborn Festival of Trees, November 20th - November 27, 2022. This lovely November Michigan event is an annual benefit for the Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation. Located at the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center in Dearborn. Super fun way to get into the holiday spirit at this winter November Michigan family activity!
- University of Michigan Health-West: Christmas & Holiday Traditions, November 21, 2022 - January 2, 2023, Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, 1000 East Beltline Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525. Be wowed with the glow of over 300,000 colorful lights, virtual visits from Santa, rooftop reindeer and 46 international trees and displays.
- Fredrick Meijer Garden Christmas Trees - See 300,000 lights, strolling carolers, rooftop reindeer and 46 international trees and displays. It's incredible! November 21, 2022 - January 2, 2023. We have been to this November Michigan event several times and absolutely love it! You can wander around outside too!
Magical Downtown Rochester Christmas Lights
- The Big Bright Light Show, Rochester, Mi, Magical Downtown Rochester Christmas Lights 2022-2023 | See The Big Bright Light Show! - Incredible Drive Through Lights in Michigan! November 21, 2022 – January 15, 2023. This show is spectacular! Starts at 5:00 p.m. 308 1/2 Main Street, Rochester, Michigan
- Holiday Stroll at Olde World Canterbury Village – Make the Holiday Stroll one of your most memorable experience of the holiday season! Canterbury Village transforms into a winter wonderland as you stroll through the quaint Village glowing with almost a million festive lights. See a light show choreographed to classic holiday songs, professional carolers, and live Christmas performances. See classic characters like Frosty, Buddy The Elf, The Grinch, Olaf, Jack Frost, Anna and Elsa and more! Enjoy cocktails with firepits. Visit with Santa Claus too! November 23, 25-27, 2022 and December 2-4, 9-11, 16-18, 22 & 23, 2022.
- Celebration of Trees - Downtown Marshall will have a special glow and sparkle with the “Celebration of Trees” event, taking place November 23 through January 3, 2022. Remember a loved one, recognize a favorite organization, or just spread hope and cheer by sponsoring and decorating a downtown holiday tree.
Detroit Thanksgiving Day Parade!
Bundle up and come to Woodward Ave in Detroit to enjoy the bright colorful floats, marching bands, live entertainment and happy sounds of the Detroit Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thanksgiving day, November 24, 2022.
Not Cooking This Thanksgiving? (It's Ok!) See Where to Get a Great Thanksgiving Meal in a Restaurant or Delivered!
Where to get Thanksgiving dinners in Michigan: Delivery, Shipped, Dine In!
- Portage Health Turkey Trot, Thursday, November 24, 2022, 9:00 am at the UP Health System - Portage, Hancock, 500 Campus Dr, Hancock, MI. Come out for a 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning! This is a great event for the entire family! Participants will meet at the front lobby of UP Health System - Portage in Hancock to register.
- Battle Creek Y Turkey Trot - Battle Creek YJMCA, begins at 8 am
- Annual Turkey Trot - Barry County YMCA begins at 8:30 am
- Niles-Buchanan Thanksgiving Day Run - 905 Front Street, Niles, begins at 8 am
- Jackson Christmas Light Show, Nite Lites - Drive Through Experience, November 24, 2022-December 31, 2022 at Michigan International Speedway. Open everyday - Including holidays. Drive through its twinkling Christmas light sculptures then stretch your legs in Winter Wonderland, where all ages can enjoy a mug of hot cocoa, a seasonal snack, and of course, Santa himself — even his reindeer visit on certain weekends. Sun - Thurs: 5:30 - 9 PM and Fri - Sat: 5:30 - 10PM.
- Up North Media Traverse City Turkey Trot, Thu, Nov 24, 2022, 8:45 am. Traverse City, MI. Runners and walkers alike will be able to trot the streets of Traverse City once again this year for this annual Thanksgiving event! 5K run/walk. Wear your turkey hats, socks, and costumes! 123 E. Eleventh St.Traverse City, MI. Fun Traverse City in November event!
- The Spring Lake Sparkle Festival 2022 is such a fun chance to meet Santa, grab some eats and enjoy a drink at Santa’s Workshop. November 25, 2022 - January 3, 2023. Visit a winter wonderland of holiday lights, sights and sounds! Over 120,000 multi-colored lights will light up the trees along Savidge Street between Division and Buchanan, as well as the buildings along Savidge.
- 1001 Winter Wonders - SO COOL!! November 25, 2022 - January 29, 2023, open from 4 pm -8 pm on Fridays and 12 pm -4 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. This new and interactive exhibit features a free indoor, winterized pathway that takes you from icy paths to stunning igloos and even a life-sized gingerbread house. Family adventures await you at the exhibit, like Santa and his secret cabin where you can drop a postcard for him in his magical mailbox.1001 Woodward Building, Detroit, MI
- Holiday in the Park - November 25, 2022, Kykman Park, South Haven, 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Activities include Santa Paws Pet Parade, pictures with Santa, Mrs. Claus, and their elves, ice skating, campfires and smores, hot chocolate and coffee, luminaries, plus the grand reveal of the new holiday lighting in the downtown - all with holiday music playing in the background.
- Annual Community Tree Lighting, November 25, 2022, 3 pm-6 pm (Tree Lighting Ceremony begins at 5 pm) Wicks Park, Water Street Saugatuck, MI. Santa and his reindeer will be available for photos and chats from 3 pm-6 pm! At 5 pm head over to Wicks Park Gazebo on Water Street for a countdown to the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony with Santa & the Mayor of Saugatuck. The lighting of the holiday tree will be in unison with the Star on Mt. Baldhead! Visit local shops and restaurants and enjoy the holiday spirit!
Visit Crossroads Christmas Village and Huckleberry Railroad!
- Visit Crossroads Village and ride the Huckleberry Railroad! November 25-December 30, 2022. This incredible Michigan Christmas village in Flint, Michigan features a buffet dinner and several historical buildings to tour including a post office, church and dentist's office! Plus, you can ride the nostalgic Huckleberry Railroad for a true taste of the past! Buy your tickets early for this fall November Michigan train ride and nostalgic village.
- Holiday Walk and Market - November 25 - 26, 2022, Kellogg manor House, Hickory Corners, 11 am - 4 pm
- Bolenz Jewelry Holiday Parade + Downtown Tree Lighting in Alpena! Kick off the holiday season on Friday, November 25, 2022 at 5:30 pm with the annual Bolenz Holiday Parade through Downtown Alpena! The tree lighting ceremony and arrival of Santa in Culligan Plaza follows the parade.
- 29th Annual Holly Berry Arts & Crafts Fair at Frankfort High School in historic Frankfort on the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan. November 25, 2023, 9:00am - 3pm Free Will donation.
- Fantasy of Lights and 5K, Howell, MI Parade begins at 7 p.m. on November 25, 2022. This spectacular nighttime parade includes dozens of illuminated floats, marching bands, over 50 other entries, and Santa. 3:30-7 p.m. – Enjoy holiday music from various groups in front of the courthouse. 4 p.m. – The T-Mobile Holiday Zone welcomes live reindeer and a visit with Santa Claus. 6 p.m. – Fantasy of Lights 5K starts from the First Presbyterian Church. There will be time to register on the day, with packet pick-up from 12-5pm. 7 p.m. – The Fantasy of Lights Parade.
- Visit Meadow Brook Hall for Winter Wonder Lights! The Holidays at Meadow Brook Hall are simply dazzling! November 25 – December 30, 2022. Winter Wonder Lights is a self-guided outdoor experience with brightly lit light displays across the grounds of Meadow Brook Hall, located in Rochester on the campus of Oakland University. Come enjoy a lovely evening of lights and music as you explore this National Historic Landmark. There will be fun concessions such as glow-in-the-dark cotton candy and hot meals in their outdoor café. Seasonal and specialty drinks, bonfires and more! Learn the FUN Famous History of Matilda Dodge and Meadow Brook Hall!
- Meadow Brook Hall's Holiday Walk, November 25 – Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2022. 350 Estate Drive, Rochester, Michigan. It’s the most wonderful time of year! Holiday Walk is a self-guided indoor tour featuring incomparable holiday sights and decorations inside Meadow Brook Hall, the historic mansion and National Historic Landmark located in Rochester on the campus of Oakland University. See more than 50 magnificent trees, flickering fireplaces, and lights galore! Holiday Walk invites you to explore the 110 room estate from the Grand Ballroom to Candy Cane Cottage and visit Santa and his reindeer on Santa Saturdays! Perfect for a special date night or family outing.
- Tree lighting ceremony in Bronson Park, Friday, November 25, 2022 | 5:00 PM to 07:00 PM.
- Alpaca Open Farm and Gift Shop, Saturday, November 26, 2022 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, At CanDo Acres 40640 Paw Paw Road Paw Paw, MI. Free admission. See cute animals (alpaca, donkeys, sheep, and goats) and shop for alpaca-themed and local artist products (socks, gloves, scarves, blankets, toys and more).
- HollyDazzle at the Michigan Renaissance Festival - 12600 Dixie Hwy. Holly, MI, Nov. 25, 26 & 27, 2022 • Dec. 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 30 & 31, 2022. Hours: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm HollyDazzle is a magical three-quarter mile outdoor trail featuring more than a dozen lighted Christmas scenes including Santa Claus, Sledding Penguins and Candy Land Castle in a magical winter wonderland walk through at the Michigan Renaissance Festival Village! Get your tickets online! Free Parking! Hollydazzle is an outdoor walk-through event. (Tip, attend the Holly Dickens Festival first - listed below - and then enjoy the Renaissance festival!)
- **Holly Dickens Festival - Historic Downtown Holly, Michigan. November 26 & 27 (With the Dickens Lighted Parade at 6 pm on Saturday Evening this year.), December 3 & 4 and December 10 & 11, 2022. Step back in time this holiday season to the days of Charles Dickens’ and become part of “A Christmas Carol”. Stroll the streets, visit the unique downtown shops, and dine. Your senses will be filled with smells of roasting chestnuts and hot chocolate wafting in the air!
- Visit Frankenmuth this month! Carriage tours, fudge, Christmas lights, ice skating and so much more! Grab our Frankenmuth Christmas guide!
- TV6 Thanksgiving Craft Show, Friday, November 25, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, November 26, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Ruth Butler Building - Escanaba.
- Black Friday & Small Business Saturday in Downtown Traverse City, Fri, Nov 25 – Sat, Nov 26, 2022 by the Downtown Traverse City Association, 303 E State St, Traverse City, MI. Get ready to start your holiday shopping and support your local merchants! Fun November events traverse city 2022
- Glen Arbor Holiday Marketplace, November 25, 2022 and 26, 2022 at Glen Arbor Township Hall, 6394 W Western Ave, Glen Arbor, MI, Friday: Tree Lighting and Caroling at 6:15 pm
at Glen Arbor Town Hall. Shopping handcrafted, locally made goods from dozens of artisans from 6:30-8 pm inside Township Hall. Cider and doughnuts. Saturday: Holiday Marketplace 10 am - 3 pm. Meet Santa from 11am-1:30pm.
- Handbell Concerts
Friday, November 25, 2022, 3pm and also Friday, December 10, 2022 at 5pm - 7pm. 8th Street Marketplace and Pine Avenue, Holland - Ottawa, MI.
- Country Christmas at Three Cedars Farm, 7897 Six Mile Rd, Northville, MI 48168. Country Christmas begins on Nov 25, 2022. Get in the Holiday spirit at Three Cedars! They offer Christmas trees, wreaths, hot cocoa, cider, donuts and of course Santa Claus! Photos with Mr. & Mrs Claus, shopping in their fabulous Christmas store, kids outdoor play land, petting farm and train rides.
- Nite Lites at the Michigan International Speedway - Nov. 24 thru Dec. 31, 2022 Michigan International Speedway, US-12 Entrances only, 12626 US-12, Brooklyn, Michigan. Hours: Sun - Thurs | 5:30 - 9PM, Fri - Sat | 5:30 - 10PM
- Santa's City of Plymouth Parade (stops at City parks) Joel Tacey live from Kellogg Park on Friday, November 25, 2022 from 5:15 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
- The Colors of Christmas is a drive-thru wonderland of lights and Christmas displays. Every night from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm starting day after Thanksgiving through January 1 - the Croton Township Campground will be open for you and your family to drive through or hike through "The Colors of Christmas" light displays. FREE to everyone - A $5 donation is suggested. 5683 S Croton Hardy Drive Newaygo MI
- Frankenmuth ChristKindlMarkt 2022, November 25-27, 2022; December 2-4, 2022; and December 9-11, 2022. Hours will be Friday: 11 am - 8pm., Saturday: 11am - 8pm and Sunday: 11am - 4pm at the Frankenmuth Farmers Market, 534 N Main St, Frankenmuth. Frankenmuth is fondly known by some as "Christmas Town, USA" and now you can see why. Enjoy a traditional German holiday market set in a quaint winter wonderland at the North end of Frankenmuth. Find the perfect gift for everyone on your list.
- The Santa Parade in Mount Clemens is held the day following Thanksgiving, November 25, 2022. The event ushers in the holiday season with an appearance from Santa, as well as music, marching bands, and floats.
- Walk of Trees in Plymouth, November 25-January 1, 2022. Enjoy a Christmas walk through the Kellogg Park to see 75 trees, each decorated by a local family, club or business. It’s free! The Walk of Trees is sparkling with lights 24 hours a day from the Saturday after Thanksgiving through Christmas.
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides at Frankfort High School, November 26, 2022 at Frankfort High School, 534 11th St. Frankfort, MI at 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM, Price: Free
- Free Ice Skating Night at the Martin Ice Skating Area in Mt. Pleasant, MI Free admission and free skate rental! 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
- Holly Berry Arts & Crafts Fair at Frankfort High School, November 26, 2022 at Frankfort High School, 534 11th St., Frankfort, MI. Time: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Price: $2
- Makers Market, November 27, 2022, The Box Factory, St. Joseph. Saturday, November 26, 2022, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
and Sunday, November 27, 2022, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Shop from makers on all three levels of the historic building (once an actual box factory). Visit with our talented studio artists who will be demonstrating their crafts
- 58th Marshall Christmas Parade, Downtown Marshall. The parade starts at 7pm and begins on the west Michigan Avenue entrance to the fountain circle, rounding around the fountain and then continuing down Michigan Avenue along the business district, turning south onto Exchange Street and ending after turning west onto Green Street.
We hope you enjoy our exciting November Michigan events and ideas of fun things to do! Perfect for families, solo or couples.
The Best Michigan Christmas Tree Farms
Where to Find the Best Michigan Christmas Tree Farms to Cut Your Own Tree
This year, why not get a fresh cut tree? It's time to make some awesome family memories! Grab our interactive map to find the best Michigan Christmas Tree Farms near you! We even have a tree shipping option!
Preplanning: Want to Try Michigan Dog Sledding?
Try Dog Sledding This Winter! Photo: Nature's Kennel Dog Sledding Adventures
Don't miss a moment of November Michigan events, festivals, activities for the whole family! Join our newsletter to have events and fun delivered directly to your inbox!
Travel-mi.com is not directly associated with local events. Information about these events is provided for planning purposes. While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this data, we cannot be held responsible for changes in dates, venues, etc.
Disclaimer: Please be sure to visit a particular event's website to verify dates, times, happenings and details. We make every possible effort to be verify these the event details but as we are human, mistakes can occur and event dates/times can change. If you see an error below, PLEASE let us know and we will correct it.
Being bored sucks! Never miss another event! Join our network of Traveling Michigan Explorers! Be a part of this amazing community of travelers!
Join Us on Instagram, We're Fun!!
Event Centers in Michigan
Still bored? Don't forget to check Michigan event centers, theaters, auditoriums across Michigan for concerts, events, shows or comedy entertainment!
Check Out Our Traveling Michigan Videos on Youtube!
Check out our off-road Keweenaw Peninsula adventures on YouTube!
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...