2023 Michigan Blueberry Festivals (Yummy!) and Event Schedules | Top 6 in South Haven, Paradise | + Blueberry Season Michigan (Where to Pick Juicy Fresh Blueberries)
Top 6 Michigan Blueberry Festivals and Events (Schedules) in 2023 | South Haven, Paradise | + Blueberry Season Michigan (Where to Pick Fresh Blueberries)
By: Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Last updated: March 18, 2023
Not gonna lie, Michigan blueberry season makes me just giddy! Each year, I go blueberry picking at Russell's blueberry farm in Freeland Michigan and love attending Michigan blueberry festivals! I bake blueberry pies, blueberry crisps and love making blueberry nice cream (just blend a handful of frozen blueberries, a frozen banana and some almond milk for a delicious treat!) YUMMY!
You won't want to miss the National Blueberry Festival South Haven this July!
Michigan produces upward of 100 million pounds of blueberries each year!
- Map of the best Michigan Blueberry Festivals Across Michigan
- Where to Pick Fresh Michigan Blueberries
- National Blueberry Festival South Haven
- Wild Blueberry Festival Paradise Michigan
- Montrose Blueberry Festival
- Blueberry Festival — Downtown Marquette
- Annual Blueberry Festival - Blueberry Lane Farms
Map of the Michigan Blueberry Festivals Across Michigan!
What Month are Blueberries in Season in Michigan?
When is the blueberry picking season in Michigan?
July is the prime Michigan blueberry picking season however you can pick blueberries until about the third week of August, depending on the location of the farm and the weather.
1. National Blueberry Festival South Haven
When is the National Blueberry Festival in South Haven? - August 10 - 13, 2023
- Did you know that South Haven, located in Southwest Michigan, is home to incredible blueberry crops?
Where can I buy blueberries and blueberry products? Check out our map of Michigan Blueberry Farms!
Van Buren County is the Nation's most prolific producer of highbush blueberries!
- Blueberry Festival Craft Fair
- Farm Festivities
- National Blueberry Festival Parade: Saturday, August 12, 2023 (Line-up in place at South Haven High School by 10:00AM; Step-Off at 11:00AM)
- National Blueberry Festival 5k Run and Walk - Stanley Johnston Park, 202 Dyckman Ave, South Haven, MI. The 5k Run and Walk is Saturday, August 12, 2023. Runners start at 7:45am and walkers begin at 7:50 am. Cost is $35 per person. Price increases July 1.
- Blueberry Central Market - Huron Street Pavilion (Friday and Saturday 10-5, Sunday 10-2). Purchase fresh blueberries, blueberry pies, jams, plants, teas, jewelry and more amazing products!
- Kids Fun Zone Rides
- Pie-eating contests
Is the Festival dog-friendly? They do not encourage dogs at the Blueberry Festival.
So many fun things to do at Michigan Blueberry Festivals this year!
Come on out to the blueberry festival South Haven located in Southwest Michigan! This is one of our favorite things to do in Michigan in August.
2. Wild Blueberry Festival Paradise Michigan - Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Wild Blueberry Festival is August 18 – August 20, 2023.
Location: Whitefish Township Community Center: 7052 M-123 Paradise, MI in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
Paradise is Considered the Wild Blueberry Capital of Michigan!
- Arts and Crafts Fair
- Blueberry Brunch
- Pie Building
- Blueberry Bake Sale
- Music and Entertainment
- Food Vendors
- Arts and Craft Show
Low bush blueberry varieties: Grow in open, sunny areas and will ripen from late July through August.
Highbush blueberry varieties: Grow in shade and ripen from late August through September.
Are Dogs Allowed at the Wild Blueberry Festival Paradise MI? Dogs are not allowed on the Wild Blueberry Festival Fair Grounds or Whitefish Township Community Center during the Blueberry Festival.
You will no doubt come home with several pounds of luscious, fresh blueberries after attending Michigan blueberry festivals! We recommend flash freezing your blueberries to maintain their nutrients and freshness!
Grab our guide: How to Freeze Fresh Blueberries!
3. Montrose Blueberry Festival - Central Michigan (Between Flint and Frankenmuth)
52nd Annual Montrose Blueberry Festival - August 13-20, 2023
Location: On M-57 just 8 miles west of I-75
August 13, 15, 15, 17, 2023
- The 15th Annual Blueberry Festival Car Show - Sunday, August 13, 2023 in Lion's Park, 204 Park Street. 8 am - 4:00 pm.
- Softball Tournaments: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 8am - finish. Seymour Road Softball Complex
- Royal Tea Party: August 15, 2023, 1-3 pm. Meet and greet with the 2023 Blueberry Queen & Court along with other fairy tale princesses. Enjoy delicious treats, face painting and royal party favors. Lion's Park.
- Baby & Kid's Contest, Ages Newborn to 14 - Wednesday, August 16th
- Craft Beer & Wine Tasting - Thursday, August 17, 2023
Friday, August 18, 2023 is event packed:
- Entertainment Tent Opens: 12-6 pm, 8 pm - 2 am at Lions Park
- Marketplace - 12-7pm. If you love flea markets and craft shows, check out the100+ vendors during the Annual Montrose Blueberry Festival! Lions Park
- Blueberry Store Opens: 12-7pm, Lions Park
- Anderson Midways - 12 to close. The carnival opens Friday, Aug. 18th and runs through Sunday, Aug. 20th. Hickory Street entrance behind Carter Elementary
- Elf Khurafeh Shriner's Annual Pig Roast - 4-7pm, Lions Park
- Slo Pitch Softball: 5-9 pm. Seymour Road Softball Complex
- Kid's Parade - The evening festivities kick off at 6 p.m. at the Hill-McCloy High School circle drive.
- Blueberry Pie Eating Contest- 6:45 pm-7:30 pm, High School Athletic Complex
Saturday, August 19, 2023 is event packed:
- Traditional Blueberry Pancake Breakfast - Breakfast is served both Saturday, August 19th and Sunday, August 20th from 8 a.m. until 12 p.m. Montrose School Cafeteria, 302 Ray Street.
- Blueberry Pie Sale: 8 a.m. until 12 p.m.Montrose School Cafeteria, 302 Ray Street.
- Slo Pitch Softball: 8 am-8 pm. Seymour Road Softball Complex
- Queen's Breakfast - 9 am - 11 am at Montrose Schools Queen's Tent, 302 Ray Street
- Marketplace - 9am-7pm. If you love flea markets and craft shows, check out the100+ vendors during the Annual Montrose Blueberry Festival! Lions Park
- Blueberry Store Opens: 9am-7pm, Lions Park
- Food Booths open at Lion's Park - 9am-9pm, Lions Park
- Basketball Tournament: 9am-9pm, Barber Park Basketball Courts, Seymour Rd
- Entertainment Tent Opens: 10-6 pm, 8 pm - 2 am at Lions Park
- Anderson Midways - 10 am - 6pm. The carnival opens Friday, Aug. 18th and runs through Sunday, Aug. 20th. Hickory Street entrance behind Carter Elementary
- The Annual Blueberry Super Parade: 1 p.m.- 3pm. 2023 Grand Marshal, and 2023 Blueberry Queen & Court Enjoy a 100+ unit parade with Shriner's Mini Cars, Motorcycle Unit, Clowns, bands and more!
- Elf Khurafeh Shriner's Annual Pig Roast - 2-7pm, Lions Park
- Kids Karaoke-4-6pm
Sunday, August 20, 2023 is event packed:
- 47th Annual Festival of Races - Annual 5k/8k Run & Walk, 7 am - 11am. Bob Hayes Athletic Complex, 301 Nanita Drive. After the race, enjoy a blueberry pancake breakfast then explore the entertainment tent/marketplace to shop the flea market and craft show.
- Traditional Blueberry Pancake Breakfast - Breakfast is served from 8 a.m. until 12 p.m. Montrose School Cafeteria, 302 Ray Street.
- Blueberry Pie Sale: 8 a.m. until 12 p.m. Montrose School Cafeteria, 302 Ray Street.
- Slo Pitch Softball: 8 am- finish. Seymour Road Softball Complex
- Food Booths open: 9am - 5pm. Lions Park
- Marketplace - 9am-5pm. If you love flea markets and craft shows, check out the100+ vendors during the Annual Montrose Blueberry Festival! Lions Park
- Blueberry Store Opens: 9am-5pm, Lions Park
- Entertainment Tent Opens: 12-6 pm Lions Park
- Anderson Midways - 12 am - 6pm. Hickory Street entrance behind Carter Elementary
- Adult Karaoke-2-6pm
- Annual Duck Race - Ducks drop at 3 pm at Barber Park
Locals and visitors alike love Michigan blueberry festivals! These lovely Michigan festivals bring lots of visitors to local shops, restaurants and businesses!
4. Blueberry Festival — Downtown Marquette (Michigan's Upper Peninsula)
Marquette Blueberry Festival July 28, 2023, 10:00 AM to 7:00 pm.
Location: Downtown Marquette in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Satisfy your blueberry cravings with everything blueberry! You might find blueberry pizza, blueberry beer and lots of blueberry fare throughout downtown Marquette.
5. Annual Blueberry Festival - Blueberry Lane Farms
Blueberry Lane Farms is the largest U Pick blueberry farm in the American Midwest! They have 22 varieties of blueberries!!! WOW!
Blueberry Lane Farms - Blueberry Festival July 22-23, 2023, 10am - 6:00 pm.
Location: 13240 Blueberry Ln, Otter Lake, MI.
Annual Blueberry Festival - Blueberry Lane Farms located in eastern Michigan.
- Help celebrate this farm’s 75th anniversary of being a family owned U-Pick Blueberry Farm in Michigan! There will be live music, great food, vendors , games, scavenger hunts, local artisans, petting zoo, bounce house and more!
Plus, their U Pick Blueberries orchard is open with 115 aces of berries! Open July through Labor Day
There's also lots of goodies in the farm store too! So many fun things to do at Michigan Blueberry Festivals!
6. Harietta 16th Annual Blueberry Festival (Cadillac)
Date: August 2023 TBD
Harrietta Village Hall, 122 Davis Ave, Harrietta, MI 49638
Celebrate all things blueberry – Blueberry pancake breakfast, blueberry ice cream social, and blueberry pies.
Parade begins at 11 a.m. Other events include classic cars, geocaching, live music, children’s games, pie eating and frozen t-shirt contests, petting zoo, market place, rummage & bake sales and more!
- Blueberry Hill u-pick & tours
- Visit State Fish Hatchery
- Visit the Oliver Family Nature Preserve
Embedded Instagram Post