10 Magical Frankenmuth Christmas Experiences 2022: Interactive Map of This Michigan Christmas Town! Visit Bronner's CHRISTmas Store, Christmas Lights Driving Tour, Horse Drawn Carriage Rides
10 Most Magical Frankenmuth Christmas Experiences and Things to Do in this Michigan Christmas Town | By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Last updated: September 19, 2022
You absolutely must visit Frankenmuth during Christmas!
This quaint Bavarian village in mid Michigan is simply vibrating with Christmas cheer during the holiday season.
This Frankenmuth Christmas town is a must visit in November and December!
- Chris and I bundle up and enjoy walking down Main Street to pop into the Cheese Haus, Zac and Mac's for hot chocolate in the River Place Shops and explore the Bavarian Inn Castle Shops.
There are so many Frankenmuth Michigan things to do!
10 Magical Frankenmuth Christmas Experiences 2022
- Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland has one-of-a-kind Christmas ornaments and Christmas decorations
- Go ice skating in the brightly lit outdoor Frankenmuth ice rink!
- Shop at incredible stores on Main Street and River Place Shops + See where to get Coupons!
- Take a Christmas horse drawn carriage ride to see all the Frankenmuth lights!
- Discover the Bavarian Inn Castle Shops
- See the Spectacular Musical Tree Show!
- Visit the serene Silent Night Memorial Chapel
- Shop at the Christkindlmarkt located at the Frankenmuth Farmers Market
- Stay warm in your car while driving to see the twinkling Frankenmuth Christmas Lights!
- See the Bavarian Inn Holz Brücke Covered Bridge in winter
- Fun Frankenmuth Hotels during the Christmas season!
Michigan's Little Bavaria is sure to charm you this Christmas! There are so many Frankenmuth Michigan things to do at Christmas!
We've been asked...
Is Frankenmuth decorated year round? Is Frankenmuth Michigan Christmas all year?
No, the city is decorated for Christmas in mid-November for the Christmas season. Chris and I think Frankenmuth is one of the best Michigan Christmas Towns!
- Bronner's Christmas Wonderland is open and decorated all year so you can get your ornaments, decorations and gifts any time of year!
During Christmastime, Frankenmuth Michigan has over 175 sparkling and twinkling trees all across the town!
Grab Our Interactive Frankenmuth Christmas Map!
Here is a Google Driving Map of all the things to see at Frankenmuth during Christmas.
Helpful Map Tips:
- Click on the plus and minus in the left corner to zoom in or out of the map.
- Click on the icons for more info, addresses and photos of the stops.
- Click on the map to drag and move it to view surrounding areas.
- In the Header, click on the rectangle in the upper left of the map to see a menu of all of our stops. Click on anything that looks interesting to see where it is on the map. To hide the menu, click the rectangle in the header.
- In the Header, click on the "square" icon in the upper right side to expand the map for better viewing.
1. Visit the Famous Frankenmuth Christmas Store: Bronner's Christmas Wonderland
Did you know Bronner's Christmas Wonderland is the World's Largest Christmas Store?!
And we are lucky to have this incredible Christmas store right in the heart of Frankenmuth Michigan! Chris and I always find the most perfect ornaments for our tree or stocking stuffers!
Bronner's Christmas Wonderland's outdoor nativity scene and Christmas lights are just as incredible as the thousands of Christmas ornaments, trims, trees, lights, nativities, wreaths and collectibles you can find inside the store!
- There are more than 6,000 styles of ornaments and half of the glass ornaments are Bronner's exclusive designs. You gotta check it out!
Plus, it's Christmas all year at Bronner's Christmas Wonderland!
See our Bronner's Christmas Wonderland walk-through video, photos and more information!
Need Michigan Gifts? Chris and I curated a HUGE selection for you this Christmas season!
2. Glide Across the Ice on the Frankenmuth Ice Rink!
Seriously, how fun is this!?
Bring your family and friends to Frankenmuth to go ice skating! Located in Zehnder Park (right next to Zehnder's restaurant on Main street), this lovely brightly lit ice skating rink is safe, affordable and great family fun!
(If I didn't have super wobbly ankles, I'd be out there! Chris used to play ice hockey in high school so he loves skating.)
- You can rent skates too, so don't worry if you don't have any of your own. If the idea of sharing skates with strangers makes you cringe, these skates are highly rated!
- The ice rink is open Monday through Sunday. Check their website for hours.
3. Shop Main Street and Frankenmuth River Place Shops! (See where to get coupons!)
Shop at incredible stores like Zak and Mac's, the White House Boutique, Frankenmuth Fudge Kitchen, the Frankenmuth Cheese Haus, Bronner's Christmas Wonderland, Prost, and the Bavarian Inn with coupons! (They are really good, too)
Where can you get the coupons?
Stop into the Frankenmuth Chamber of Commerce located at 635 S Main St, Frankenmuth, MI. There are racks of free guides for the driving light tour, Christmas store coupons and Christmas events.
- There are restrooms located right outside the Frankenmuth Chamber of Commerce. There is also a single stall restroom in the Frankenmuth Cheese Haus.
It's fun to see the massive blocks of cheese being cut at the Frankenmuth Cheese Haus. You will be shocked to see how many different types of cheese there are!
I HAD to get a delicious hot chocolate to enjoy (and stay warm) while I walked through the Frankenmuth River Place Shops!
4. Enjoy a Horse Drawn Carriage Ride to See Frankenmuth Christmas Lights!
What better way to get into the Christmas spirit than to embark on a horse drawn carriage ride to see thousands of twinkling Christmas lights throughtout the downtown Frankenmuth!
Hop aboard the festive carriages at Fantasy Carriage Company located at 780 Mill St, Frankenmuth, MI 48734. You can see them lined up near Zehnder's on Main Street.
5. Discover the Bavarian Inn Castle Shops!
My friends, you will absolutely love the Bavarian Inn Castle Shops!
Just walk in the Bavarian Inn on Main street and head down the stairs.
- You will find baked goods, gifts, treats, a great variety of beer, candy shops, fudge shops, toy shops, boutique stores and so much more!
There are plenty of restrooms in the Castle Shops.
6. See the Spectacular Frankenmuth Musical Tree Show!
If you love music and Christmas trees, you must check out the spectacular musical tree show! This lovely 40 foot tree is located right on Main Street between the Frankenmuth Visitor Center and the Frankenmuth Historical Museum.
- The shows are 7 minutes long and play Sunday though Thursday at set times.
Info for the dates/times are listed in the Christmas Experience guide book available at the Chamber of Commerce. The tree is spectacular without the show too as it is always lit up!
This spectacular Frankenmuth Christmas tree has 23,000 lights!
7. Visit the Serene Bronner's Silent Night Memorial Chapel
Bronner's Silent Night Memorial Chapel is very beautiful
Address: 25 Christmas Lane, Frankenmuth, MI 48734
- You can easily walk to the Silent Night Memorial Chapel from the parking lot at Bronner's Christmas Wonderland.
The Chapel is a replica of the original chapel in Oberndorf/Salzburg, Austria, which marks the site where “Silent Night” was first sung on Christmas Eve in 1818.
This lovely small chapel is open daily for visitation but is not available for ceremonies. There is a small area to view the chapel that is sectioned off with glass so you cannot sit in the pews.
Shop at the Frankenmuth Christkindlmarkt: Frankenmuth Christmas Market
Shop at the Christkindlmarkt, the Frankenmuth Christmas Market, located at the Frankenmuth Farmers Market for great gifts, stocking stuffers and Christmas home décor!
- There are several vendors in both indoor and outdoor spaces selling handmade items, so be sure to check it out!
The farmers market location is not walkable from the downtown area so you will need to drive. There are lots of free parking spots in the large lot at the farmer's market.
- There are bathrooms at the Farmers Market.
Frankenmuth Christmas Lights Driving Tour + Map!
Bundle up and stay warm in your car as you drive Frankenmuth's Christmas lights driving tour!
- See the driving tour map below!
Play Christmas music, munch on some popcorn and enjoy hot chocolate as you drive! Make tons of family memories this Christmas season as you enjoy Frankenmuth Christmas lights!
The majority of the Frankenmuth Christmas lights are all along Main Street and you can see a lot of them as you drive to the Christkindlmarkt.
More About Frankenmuth!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Would you like to share your ideas, experiences or fun photos of Frankenmuth?
Do you have a great story about this? We'd love to see it!!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...