2023 Dow Gardens Christmas Walk | Candlelight Walk Schedule | See Santa's Reindeer in Midland Michigan This Holiday! Family Friendly!
FREE 2023 Dow Gardens Christmas Walk | Candlelight Walk Schedule | See Santa's Reindeer in Midland Michigan This Holiday! Family Friendly Free Old-Fashioned Evenings of Candlelight!
By: Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Updated: October 6, 2023
Since I'm obsessed with all things Christmas, Chris and I have attended the Dow Gardens Christmas Walk in Midland Michigan several times. We love walking hand in hand along the gently-lit pathways while listening to the sweet voices of the carolers.
Chris and I always get a hot chocolate or other warm beverages from the Travelin' Toms food truck as we excitedly make our way to Santa's adorable reindeer. It's such a lovely Christmas Event in central Michigan.
When Is The FREE Dow Gardens Christmas Walk?
December 7, 8, 9, 2023 and December 14, 15, 16, 2023 from 5:00 pm – 8:00 p.m. (Thursday, Friday and Saturday)
The Dow Gardens Christmas walk is an extremely popular December Christmas event as it is one of the few times this Michigan Botanical Gardens is FREE.
- Chris and I have attended this event several times and per our experience, if you wish to avoid crowds try going on a weeknight as the weekends are very busy.
- The parking lot is paved and there is no parking fee.
Dow Gardens Christmas Walk Schedule
December 7, 8, 9, 2023: Lighted Christmas Walk from 5–8 p.m. featuring adorable reindeer, choirs singing lovely holiday songs, and refreshments for purchase.
December 14, 15 and 16, 2023: Lighted Christmas Walk from 5–8 p.m. with refreshments for purchase. These are silent nights meaning no carolers or reindeer.
Where Is Dow Gardens in Michigan?
Dow Gardens Visitor Center, 1809 Eastman Avenue, Midland, MI 48640
What is the Dow Gardens Christmas Walk?
It's a chance to enjoy free old fashioned evenings of candlelight walks and a great way to get into the Christmas spirit! Dow Gardens has a pre-set lit path for guests to follow. They really have turned their botanical gardens into a winter wonderland!
Note: There is a predetermined walking path that must be followed. Most of the gardens are inaccessible during this event.
Is There an Admission Fee to the Dow Gardens Christmas Walk?
No! This lovely evening is Dow Gardens' gift to the community, so it's free! Chris and I go every year and love it!
7 Things to See or Do at the Dow Gardens Christmas Walk!
- Stroll beautifully lit paths
- Enjoy listening to Christmas carolers sing lovely songs of the season.
- Meet and pet Santa’s cute reindeer (December 7, 8, 9, 2023 only)
- Purchase warm beverages to keep you toasty on your candlelit walk!
- Tour the newly built Conservatory and listen to musicians play live music! They even invite you to sing along to fun Christmas songs like Jingle Bells!
- See the incredible towering poinsettia tree inside the Conservatory!
- Visit the gift shop inside Dow Gardens' Visitors Center. Lots of great gifts for everyone on your list while supporting local businesses!
While Visiting Midland Michigan...
See Cute Reindeer During Dow Garden's Christmas Walk!
Chris and I just LOVE seeing reindeer! We went to four events this Christmas just to see these adorable antlered friends! Each year, Rooftop Landing Reindeer farm brings out a couple super cute reindeer to pet, talk to and enjoy. They have such big personalities!
Oh, and bring quarters so you can buy some reindeer food!
Sing Along To Fun Christmas Tunes Inside the Conservatory!
Chris and I enjoyed singing along to "Jingle Bells" and "Dashing Through the Snow" inside the newly finished conservatory! It gave us a chance to warm up before going to see the cute live reindeer outside!
Tour the Newly Built Conservatory and See The Towering Poinsettia Tree!
This very tall poinsettia tree holds around 150 of the lovely Christmas plants. Come out and check it out!
Parking and Bathrooms at Dow Gardens Christmas Walk
- Parking is free and there are two very large paved lots.
- There are bathrooms inside the Dow Gardens Visitors Center and inside the Conservatory.
So be sure to keep checking back with Dow Gardens so you don't miss out on any of their upcoming events!
Visit Whiting Forest of Dow Gardens and the Famous Canopy Walk!
Connected to Dow Gardens is Whiting Forest and the Nation's longest canopy walk! We recommend arriving in Midland in the morning and taking the day to enjoy Whiting Forest as it's open year-round. Wander through the woodlands, marvel at the frozen ponds, check out the apple orchard, and of course, the magical 1,400 foot long canopy walk!
One of my favorite things to do (if you are brave enough) is to venture out on the glass-floored overlook. It's only about four foot long but it's enough to freak you out for sure! You can look through these transparent floors to the ground 40 feet below!
There's also a fun playground area with swings and a slide for kids.
- Also, while visiting Midland, be sure to visit the Tridge and so many other great Midland Michigan activities!
YouTube Video Below