The Ultimate 2021 Guide of July Michigan Events and Best Things to Do in Michigan This Weekend + 4th of July & Cherry Festival Info
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2021 July Michigan events and things to do for families, couples and friends this summer! Grab our Boredom Zapping Ideas for fun in Michigan and add them to your events calendar!
+Best Southwest Michigan events monthly calendar. See what's happening in Michigan today!
Destinations: Detroit, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Petoskey, Charlevoix, Houghton Lake, Midland, South Haven, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Upper Peninsula and more!
Plan your July Michigan trip or summer vacation around our inspiring festivals and events!
Best Michigan July Events, 4th of July, Festivals and Fun Things to Do
July Michigan events and festivals are in full swing! BBQ's, picnics, hiking, fireworks, boating, sailing and exploring is at its max!
Traveling Michigan in July is absolutely stunning as our State Parks are lush and green, our lakes are warm and sparkling, and our state is RIPE for discovery! Summer in Michigan is absolutely spectacular!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our July adventures and activities! We hope you enjoy our July Michigan events and fun things to do!
And as always, if you have July Michigan events and fun things to do in Michigan that you would like listed, let us know here!
Wondering about events in Michigan this weekend near me?
Farm markets, zoos, beach towns, festivals and museums are waiting for your visit. Let's travel Michigan together!
What is There to do in Michigan in July?
Summer in Michigan is absolutely packed with activities and adventures! The Traverse City Cherry Festival, Bay City fireworks celebration, Battle Creek Airshow and Balloon Festival, Michigan lavender farms, dinner on a sailboat, mud races, and arts and craft shows are a few things to do in Michigan! Keep reading for more activities and adventures in July!
THE BEST July Michigan Events 2021
There are so many July Michigan things to see, do and explore!! No way you will be bored!
- Camaro Superfest 2021, Riverside Park, Ypsilanti, July 1, 2021 - July 4, 2021
- Waterfront Art Fair, Saugatuck, July 3, 2021. Fantastic July Michigan event!
- Traverse City National Cherry Festival, July 3-10, 2021 Grab our Traverse City Cherry Festival Interactive Map and Guide for the tips, event locations and the schedule! Kick off the National Cherry Festival with the Air Show, micrcobrews, as well as the finest BBQ around! Classic car shows, Midway, Blue Angels Air show, Cherry Pancake Breakfast, Arts and Crafts fair, Parades and Cherry Farmers Market. So many things to do in Michigan!
- Battle Creek Field Of Flight Air Show and Balloon Fest, June 30- July 4, 2021. Air show, night air show, rock bands, balloon illumes, 2 amazing fire works shows, carnival and vendors galore! Fantastic summer Michigan event!
- Fireworks on the Bay/Fourth of July - Fireworks Cruise, Pictured Rocks Cruises, Sat. July 4, 2021
- Tour the Tawas Point Lighthouse-Tawas, Come tour the lighthouse! Tours are available at select times on select days. See their website for more information. Fee. A Recreation Passport is required to enter the State Park.
- Bay City Tall Ship Celebration - 2022/2023 for next visit to Bay City
- Lavender Hill Farm, Boyne City. 7354 Horton Bay Rd. North, Boyne City, MI 49712, Guided tours and lilac labyrinth.(Open Daily May 10 - Oct 27 from 10 AM - 5 PM)
- Lunch in Lavender, Lavender Hill Farm, 7354 Horton Bay Rd N., Boyne City, Dates TBD
- Visit Harbor View Lavender Farm-17770 Center Rd, Traverse City, MI, View and purchase gorgeous lavender plants and products! Fantastic summer Michigan event!
- South Haven Fireworks-Cancelled 2021 fireworks at dusk off the North Pier. Viewing from Riverfront Park, North & South Beaches. Coordinated with Music on Cosy 103.7 FM. 3-hour pre-show broadcast begins at 7:00 p.m. on Cosy.
- Bay City Fireworks Festival, July 1, 2 3, 2021. Fireworks Schedule: Thursday, Friday and Saturday, fireworks begin at 10:12 pm. Saturday is the largest show, lasting 36 min. People travel from all over the United States to witness the amazing fireworks display!
- Volkslaufe-The People's Race in Frankenmuth. July 3, 2021. Heritage Park, 601 Weiss St, Frankenmuth, MI. More than 2,500 people train and anxiously anticipate the race that passes by several of Frankenmuth's popular landmarks.
- South Haven Art Fair, The South Haven Center for the Arts will host the Annual South Haven Art Fair on July 3, 4, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The South Haven Art Fair is longest running event in the region! Over 120 artists! We adore this July Michigan art fair and have attended it for several years.
Want better health (or improve concentration and heal faster) for you and your family? Harvard Medical School says the best prescription for your health is to get outside!
4th of July 2021 Michigan
Traverse City, Saugatuck, South Haven and Petoskey are hot spots for 4th of July celebrations in Michigan!
Traverse City 4th of July 2021 - The National Cherry Festival (July 3-10, 2021) is in full swing and will have incredible fireworks! Join the fun with the Traverse City Boom Boom Club 4th of July Fireworks Party, located near the National Cherry Festival Beer Tent Entrance. Fun starts at 8:30 p.m. and concludes after the fireworks display at 11:00 p.m.
Saugatuck 4th of July 2021 - Saugatuck's 4th of July Parade & Fireworks are spectacular! The 4th of July parade travels along Butler Street and begins at 2:00 pm. Fantastic summer Michigan event!
South Haven 4th of July 2021 - Fireworks are cancelled for 2021. Enjoy art at the South Haven Art Fair on Saturday, July 3 – Sunday, July 4, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. located at Stanley Johnston Park, South Haven, MI
Petoskey 4th of July 2021 - Sunday, July 4th enjoy an Art Fair at Harbor Springs' Zorn Park. Harbor Springs is also hosting a parade down Main Street from 1:00 PM - 2:00, street vendors and activities, and fireworks launched from the harbor at dusk. We love this fantastic summer Michigan event!
July Michigan Events Continued...
- University of MI Matthaei Botanical Gardens, 1800 N. Dixboro Rd, Ann Arbor. Check out the 9 outdoor gardens and conservatory! Best viewed June to October, the perennial gardens begin blooming in June. Lots of wildflowers too!
- Funtown Chowdown Food Truck Festival Frankenmuth, 2021. July 8, August 12, and September 9. Pop on down to Frankenmuth River Place Shops (925 South Main Street, Frankenmuth, MI). Admission: FREE, Time: 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Support food trucks from across Michigan! Featuring around 20 food trucks, including a dessert option. Fun July Michigan event!
- Appledore Dinner Sails, Sail the Saginaw Bay! Enjoy the sails, the sunset, and a delicious catered dinner. Friday night sails feature a light BBQ dinner and run from 6p – 9p. Saturday night Dinner Sails are four hours long and many feature live entertainment! Things to do in Michigan
- Mad Dogs and Englishmen's British Auto Faire, July 10-11, 2021, Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners.
- Rockin' the River (formerly known at the River Roar) - Bay City, MI July 10-11, 2021 Come out to see great boat racing and entertainment along the waterfront!
- Kindleberger Summer Festival of the Performing Arts, July 7 - July 11, 2021 is five days of exceptional outdoor community theatre at The Stage at Kindleberger, a Festival Day of exciting family-friendly fun in and around Parchment’s beautiful Kindleberger Park.
- Birch Run Speedway and Event Center: Friday, July 2, 2021 is the Fourth of July Eve of Destruction
Friday, July 9 is the I-75 Modified Challenge Time Trial Challenge
Saturday, July 10, 2021 is the I-75 Modified Challenge and the MCR Dwarf Cars (Sunday, July 11, 2021 is the rain date)
Friday, July 16, 2021 is the House Division Racing with Outlaw Street Stock Racing (2 of 3 Races) American Trucks, Pure Stocks, Mods
- Frankenmuth Food Truck Festival, July 8, 2021. Next one is August 12, 2021. Funtown Chowdown, Frankenmuth’s Annual Food Truck Festival is located at Frankenmuth River Place Shops! The fun begins in May and will take place on the second Thursday of each month (May - September) from 3 pm – 9 pm each date.
- Blake's Lavender Market, July 9-11, 2021. Blake's Orchard & Cider Mill, 17985 Armada Center Rd, Armada, MI. Featuring a lovely lavender market with 150+ local artisans.
- Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff, Saturday – Sunday, July 10-11, 2021. Ticketed event this year. Saturday 10 a.m. -6 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. -5 p.m. This can't miss event brings together hundreds of artists and thousands of people in Southwest Michigan. We go to this show every year and it's exquisite. Tons of shade trees but be prepared to walk several block for parking.
- Eat Great Food Festival Enjoy Great Lakes Bay Region Eateries Jul 11, 2021 Wenonah Park Downtown Bay City, MI
- 2021 LPGA Tour, July 11-17, 2021. Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational in Midland, MI. The LPGA Tour and Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational experience: See the world's best female golfers, feast on Eat Great Food Festival flavors, travel the Eat Great Hospitality Trail, and explore the regional culinary and craft beer scene during Eat Great Restaurant Week! Awesome July Michigan event! Midland Country Club
- 2021 Garden Walk, July 13, 2021, Midland, MI Enjoy gardens throughout Midland as homeowners open their gardens for a citywide “garden walk” to help Reece Endeavor of Midland raise funds to provide housing for individuals with special needs in Midland County.
- Art in the Park, July 17, 2021, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m., For over 30 years, approximately 130 booths have graced Pennsylvania Park, Petoskey, with items ranging from pottery to jewelry, from paintings to photographs, and much more.
- Ann Arbor Art Fair, July 15-18, 2021. Outstanding art show that is actually 4 fairs. We have gone to this show every year for around 12 years! Crazy hot but crazy good! It's one of our favorite July Michigan events! Read more here!
- Frankenmudder, July 17, 2021, Frankenmuth. Get dirty for a cause!! This three mile boot-camp style mud run is a fundraiser for Michigan's Military and Space Heroes Museum.
- Cass River Living History Encampment, July 17 and 18, 2021, Frankenmuth. Free at Frankenmuth River Place Shops. Experience an 18th Century encampment of historical re-enactors representing British, French, and Americans. Visit and tour military camps and shop at historical vendors from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 pm. on Saturday and from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. Witness Tactical Battle Re-enactments, Flag Raising, Musket Firing, Period Concert & Games, Fashion Show and many other events!
- Hot Air Jubilee, July 22-July 25, 2021 at Ella Sharp Park in Jackson, MI.
- Richland Art Fair, July 17, 2021, Downtown Corner Of M-89 And M-43, Richland, MI. This juried show features a diverse selection of original artwork, jewelry, and superior hand‑crafted items. Approximately 100 artists from all over Michigan and beyond exhibit their beautiful work for sale. We love this July Michigan art show as it's on grass (not too hard on the feet) with lots of shade trees!
- Kalamazoo Summer Salsa Cook off! July 2020 Date TBD, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The annual Salsa Cook-Off is your chance to explore Downtown Kalamazoo while sampling their best salsa recipes and voting for your favorites. Salsa sampling will be available at over 20 shops and restaurants starting at the Consumers Credit Union on the Kalamazoo Mall (125 S. Kalamazoo Mall). See more things to do in Kalamazoo!
- Corvette Envy, Sunday, July 29, 2020. 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners.
- Flower Festival, July 31-August 1, 2020. (Buy your timed tickets on line this year) Grandpa Tiny's Farm, 7775 Weiss Street, Frankenmuth, MI. A celebration of Frankenmuth's floral season. Enjoy garden tours, flower and art vendors, food, entertainment and beautiful displays
- Keepsake Arts and Crafts Show, Friday, July 30, 31 and August 1, 2021, Main Street, Frankenmuth, MI. Other dates in 2021:
- August 20, 21, 22 During Summer's End Festival
- August 28, 29 at Uncle Johns Cider Mill's Sunflower Days
- September 10, 11, 12 Frankenmuth Historical Museum Lot at Auto Fest
- Antique Fire Muster- July 31, 2021. Antique fire trucks will be on display in the Heritage Park. Don't miss the exciting parade through downtown Frankenmuth on Saturday morning. Location: Heritage Park, 601 Weiss Street.
- Grand Haven Coastguard Fest, July 30-August 8, 2021, 113 N 2nd St, Grand Haven, MI. Tons of concerts, cardboard boat races, food and more! This is a fantastic July Michigan festival to attend with family and friends.
- Dahlia Hill-2809 Orchard Dr, Midland, MI, View eight exquisite terraces planted yearly with 3,000 dahlias - over 300 varieties late July through October. A favorite July Michigan event! ;)
We hope you enjoy our exciting July Michigan events and ideas of fun things to do!
Don't miss a moment of July Michigan events and fun! Join our newsletter to have events and fun delivered directly to your inbox!
What Michigan Events Are Coming Up Next?
Disclaimer: Please be sure to visit a particular event's website to verify dates, times, happenings and details. We make every possible effort to be verify these the event details but as we are human, mistakes can occur and event dates/times can change. If you see an error below, PLEASE let us know and we will correct it.
Event Centers in Michigan
Still bored? Don't forget to check these Michigan event centers/theaters/auditoriums across Michigan for concerts, events, shows or comedy entertainment!
Here are a few Michigan event centers to inspire you!
- Cobo Hall-Detroit
- Midland Center for the Arts-Midland
- Dow Gardens-Midland
- Kalamazoo State Theatre
- Fire Keepers Casino
- Soaring Eagle Casino-Mt. Pleasant
- Wings Event Center-Kalamazoo
- Miller Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Civic Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Chenery Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Kellogg Arena-Battle Creek
- LMC Mendel Center-Benton Harbor
- Franke Center for the Arts-Marshall
- The Bob-Grand Rapids
- Van Andel-Grand Rapids
- Devos Place-Grand Rapids
- Dow Event Center-Saginaw
Being bored sucks! Never miss another event! Join our network of Traveling Michigan Explorers! Be a part of this amazing community of travelers!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Check Out Our Traveling Michigan Videos on Youtube!
Check out our off-road Keweenaw Peninsula adventures on YouTube!
You May Also Like...
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
Traveling Michigan Home Page