The Ultimate 2022 Guide of July Michigan Events, Festivals and Best Things to Do in Michigan This Weekend With Kids+ 4th of July, Air Shows, Art Fairs, Concerts, Blueberry U Pick & National Cherry Festival
July Michigan Events | by Sherry Trautman | Travel-MI.com | Updated: August 27, 2022
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2022 July Michigan events and things to do for families, couples and friends this summer! Grab our Boredom Zapping Ideas for fun in Michigan and add them to your events calendar!
+Best Southwest Michigan events monthly calendar. See what's happening in Michigan today! Music festivals and activities with kids.
Destinations: Detroit, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Petoskey, Charlevoix, Houghton Lake, Midland, South Haven, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Upper Peninsula and more!
Plan your July Michigan trip or summer vacation around our inspiring festivals and events!
Best Michigan July Events, 4th of July, Festivals and Fun Things to Do
July Michigan events and festivals are in full swing! BBQ's, picnics, hiking, fireworks, boating, music festivals, sailing and exploring is at its max!
Traveling Michigan in July is absolutely stunning as our State Parks are lush and green, our lakes are warm and sparkling, our incredible vast beaches are warm and inviting, and our state is RIPE for discovery! Summer in Michigan is absolutely spectacular! We have lots of kids activities too!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our July adventures and activities! We hope you enjoy our July Michigan events and fun things to do!
And as always, if you have July Michigan events and fun things to do in Michigan that you would like listed, let us know here!
Wondering about events in Michigan this weekend near me?
Farm markets, zoos, beach towns, festivals and museums are waiting for your visit. Let's travel Michigan together!
What is There to do in Michigan in July?
Summer in Michigan is absolutely packed with activities and adventures! The Traverse City Cherry Festival, Bay City fireworks celebration, Battle Creek Airshow and Balloon Festival, Michigan lavender farms, dinner on a sailboat, mud races, and arts and craft shows are a few things to do in Michigan! Keep reading for more activities and adventures in July!
THE BEST July Michigan Events 2022
There are so many July Michigan things to see, do and explore!! No way you will be bored!
- Experience “Heroes & Villains: The Art of the Disney Costume” from June 25-Jan. 1, 2023 at Henry Ford Museum. See over 70 costumes! Heroes & Villains will immerse you in the world of Disney! Admission to both exhibitions is free with membership or ticket purchase to Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation. Super fun July Michigan event!
- Experience the Hackley and Hume Historic Site AFTER DARK! See all five floors of the houses on this classic tour offered on the first Friday of every month May – October from 9-10 pm. Muskegon.
- Steamboat Park Live Music Cruises, June - September, 2022 on the Grand Lady Riverboat, 825 Taylor St, Jenison, MI 49428 (Grand Rapids). Enjoy a cruise and live music on the Grand River.
- Rollin’ on the River, Fridays June 10 - August 26, 2022 | 6:30 pm-9:30 pm. Start every weekend of summer with live music on the Allegan Riverfront! Rollin’ on the River is a free, weekly Friday night concert series on the Allegan Riverfront Stage featuring touring musicians from across the country. Two hours of live music!
- Tall Ship Manitou Sails - So many different cruises to choose; Moomers Ice Cream Cruise, Evening Sails, Brunch Cruises, Dinner Sails and more! Book on line for May, June, July, August and September sailing dates. 13258 S West Bay Shore Dr. Traverse City, MI. Time: 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Price: Visit their Website to book!
- Steamboat Park Live Music Cruises, begins mid June - September 2022 on Thursday's, Friday's and Saturday's on the Grand Lady Riverboat, 825 Taylor St, Jenison, MI 49428 (Grand Rapids). Enjoy a cruise and live music on the Grand River.
- Fork in the Road: A Food Truck Rally, Mondays June 13 - August 29, 2022 | 5pm-8pm, Food truck takeover in Downtown Allegan! Come out every Monday to enjoy a great meal from trucks and trailers from around West Michigan.
- Battle Creek Field Of Flight Air Show and Balloon Fest, June 30- July 4, 2022. Air show, night air show, rock bands, balloon illumes, 2 amazing fire works shows, carnival and vendors galore! Fantastic summer Michigan event!
- Discover Muskegon Festival, July 1-3, 2022. Discover the world of modified vehicles, EDM music, art installations, culinary creations, and more. This fun Michigan July Festival is dedicated to all generations and artistic avenues.
- Michigan Rib Fest, July 1-4, 2022. Lake Orion, at Canterbury Village at 2325 Josyln Ct, Lake Orion, MI.
- Flint Water Festival, July 1-4, 2022 | Carnival, concert, circus | 12-10 PM
at City Hall in downtown Flint, Michigan
- South Haven Art Fair, The South Haven Center for the Arts will host the Annual South Haven Art Fair on July 2-3, 2022, 10 AM to 5 PM at Stanley Johnston Park, 202 Dyckman Avenue, South Haven, MI. The South Haven Art Fair is longest running event in the region! Over 120 artists! We adore this July Michigan art fair and have attended it for several years.
- Waterfront Art Fair, Saugatuck, Saturday, July 2, 2022, 10 am to 5 pm, Village Square, Corner of Butler and Main Streets, Saugatuck. Fantastic July Michigan event!
- Traverse City National Cherry Festival, July 2-9, 2022! Grab our Traverse City Cherry Festival Interactive Map and Guide for the tips, event locations and the schedule! This year, see the U.S. Navy Blue Angels perform, Boyz II Men, Sheryl Crow, ZZ Top, classic car shows, midway, Cherry Pancake Breakfast, parades, cherry farmers market and so much more! So many things to do in Michigan in July!
- Tour the Tawas Point Lighthouse-Tawas, Come tour the lighthouse! Tours are available at select times on select days. See their website for more information. Fee. A Recreation Passport is required to enter the State Park.
- Bay City Tall Ship Celebration - 2025 for next visit to Bay City
- Visit Lavender Hill Farm, Boyne City. 7354 Horton Bay Rd. North, Boyne City, MI 49712, Guided tours and lilac labyrinth. Open mid-May through late October. July is when lavender is blooming and the farm is at its most colorful. Harvest and distillation begins.
- Visit Harbor View Lavender Farm-17770 Center Rd, Traverse City, MI, View and purchase gorgeous lavender plants and products! Fantastic summer Michigan event!
- Volkslaufe-The People's Race in Frankenmuth. July 4, 2022. Heritage Park, 601 Weiss St, Frankenmuth, MI. More than 2,500 people train and anxiously anticipate the race that passes by several of Frankenmuth's popular landmarks.
- 2022 Art in the Park, July 4, 2022, in Downtown Frankfort, 517 Main St, Frankfort, MI, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Love this July Michigan art fair!
July in Michigan is the absolutely best month to hit the beach!
Enjoy the Best Beaches in Michigan! Get your toes in the sand with your kids this summer.
Want better health (or improve concentration and heal faster) for you and your family? Harvard Medical School says the best prescription for your health is to get outside!
4th of July 2022 Michigan Events and Festivals
--->MEGA LIST OF 4th OF JULY EVENTS.
- Weekend Celebrations
- Fireworks (Best Places to Watch)
- Air Shows
- Best Things to Do in Michigan on Independence Day
See Our MEGA list of 4th of July events, parades, festivals and fireworks!
Traverse City, Saugatuck, South Haven and Petoskey are hot spots for 4th of July celebrations in Michigan!
- Bay City Fireworks Festival, June 30-July 2, 2022. Fireworks and fun! Saturday is the largest show, lasting 36 min. People travel from all over the United States to witness the amazing fireworks display!
- Port Hope 4th of July Festival 2022 - Flea market, tractor show, tractor pull, fireworks and parade. July 1-3, 2022.
- Bath Days Festival, Friday, July 1 to Monday, July 4 and feature all the traditional festivities including live music, a carnival, craft show, antique car show, fireworks and Fourth of July parade. Bath, Michigan
- Birch Run Speedway and Event Center Upcoming Events:
Friday, July 1-3, 2022 is the Jeg's CRA All Stars. Concert on July 1, 2022
Friday, July 15, 2022 is the Dixie "Wheelman" Invitationals
Friday, July 29, 2022 is the Monster Auto and Scrap Eve of Destruction.
- DeBucks Sunflower Farm Lavender Festival - July 1-3, 2022 and July 8-10, 2022. Friday and Saturday 12 pm. - 8 pm. Sunday 11-6 p.m. 50240 Martz Rd, Belleville, MI 48111. Nothing says Michigan summers like a sunflower festival!
- Annual Grand Rapids Fireworks - July 2, 2022, Event kicks off at 6 pm at Ah-Nab-Awen Park, near the Ford Presidential Museum. The event will include family-fun activities, food, vendors and live entertainment! Fireworks will start at 10:30 p.m. Awesome July Michigan family event.
- Traverse City 4th - The National Cherry Festival (July 2-9, 2022) is in full swing and will have incredible fireworks! Join the fun with the Traverse City Boom Boom Club 4th of July Fireworks Party, located near the National Cherry Festival Beer Tent Entrance. Fun starts at 8:30 p.m. and concludes after the fireworks display at 10:30 p.m.
- Skip's European Farmers Market, Open each Saturday and Sunday – 9am to 3pm – May 14 thru October 9, 2022. Beginning Saturday, May 14 and every Saturday and Sunday (weather permitting) stretching through mid-October, great locally produced vegetables, fruits, jellies, jams, salsas, bread, maple syrup, homemade soaps, cut flowers, potted plants, eggs, cheeses, pastries, meats, sausages, fresh-made food products, art, jewelry, clothing and more will be available at New Buffalo European Farmers Market at Skip’s Restaurant. 16710 Lakeshore Rd (corner of Red Arrow Highway and Lakeshore Road), just north of New Buffalo.
- South Haven Fireworks- July 3, 2022, fireworks at dusk off the North Pier. Viewing from Riverfront Park, North & South Beaches. Coordinated with Music on Cosy 103.7 FM. 3-hour pre-show broadcast begins at 7:00 p.m. on Cosy. So tune in for this awesome fireworks display - awesome July Michigan celebration!
- Frankenmuth Fireworks, July 3, 2022.
- Third of July Fireworks Celebration – Baroda, July 3, 2022. The Baroda Fireworks are known as one of the BEST fireworks displays in the Midwest! For years, theBaroda Fire Departmenthave tirelessly given their time to make this event one of the best around!
- Allegan July 3 Jubilee – Allegan, July 3, 2022. 5pm-10pm, Celebrate the birth of the country with this patriotic community festival featuring food, live music, activities, and fireworks on the 3rd of July. Awesome July Michigan celebration!
- Saugatuck 4th of July 2022 - Saugatuck's 4th of July Parade & Fireworks are spectacular! The 4th of July parade travels along Butler Street and begins at 2:00 pm. Fantastic summer Michigan event!
- Petoskey 4th of July 2022 - Sunday, July 4, 2022, parade beginning at 6 p.m., followed by live musical entertainment and concluding with a fireworks show along Little Traverse Bay.
- Clawson’s 4th Of July Parade- Takes place every July 4th since 1932. We invite you to be a part of our celebration. Main Street, Clawson, MI
- Frankfort’s 4th of July Celebration - July 4, 2022. The Frankfort July 4th parade is at 10:00 a.m. located at 517 Main Street. Plus Art in the Park!
- Fowlerville Independence Day Celebration – July 4, 2022, The Annual Livingston County, Fowlerville fireworks is held July 4th in downtown Fowlerville, Michigan.
- Independence Day Celebration –July 4, 2022, Beulah. Independence Day Celebration activities are tentative: 5K Firecracker Run, Kids Games in the Park, Face Painting, Food Concession in the Park, Parade and fireworks at dusk.
- Cadillac Freedom Festival - July 2022 celebrate our nations freedom and independence. Enjoy Live Music, Kid Carnival, 5k, fireworks and so much more! It's a great 4th of July Michigan event! First weekend of July in downtown Cadillac in the beautiful city park and pavilion.
July Michigan Events Continued...
- Gaudy Giggles Family Paint Night - July 5, 2022. Lavender Hill Farm, 7354 Horton Bay Rd N, Boyne City, MI. Fun night of family painting at the Farm. Discover, unlock, or revive your inner artist with step-by-step instruction on how to paint something beautiful for your family, friends, or wall at home.
- Visit University of MI Matthaei Botanical Gardens, 1800 N. Dixboro Rd, Ann Arbor. Check out the 9 outdoor gardens and conservatory! Best viewed June to October, the perennial gardens begin blooming in June. Lots of wildflowers too! Fun things to do in Michigan in July!
- Visit W.J. Beal Botanical Garden at Michigan State University, W. Circle Drive, East Lansing. July through August is just stunning!
- Funtown Chowdown Food Truck Festival Frankenmuth, 2022. It’s time for the Funtown Chowdown, Frankenmuth’s Annual Food Truck Festival at Frankenmuth River Place Shops! The fun takes place in the parking lot east of the shopping complex on the second Thursday of the month July 14, 2022; August 11, 2022 and September 8, 2022.
Featuring 20 food trucks from across Michigan, a beer tent with both Michigan & national craft breweries, live music & fun activities for the whole family!Pop on down to Frankenmuth River Place Shops (925 South Main Street, Frankenmuth, MI). Such a fun outdoor July Michigan event. Admission: FREE, Time: 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Support food trucks from across Michigan! Featuring around 20 food trucks, including a dessert option. Chowdown is is one of our favorite things to do in Michigan in May!
- Appledore Dinner Sails, Sail the Saginaw Bay! Enjoy the sails, the sunset, and a delicious catered dinner. Friday night sails feature a light BBQ dinner and run from 6p – 9p. Saturday night Dinner Sails are four hours long and many feature live entertainment! Things to do in Michigan
- Kindleberger Summer Festival of the Performing Arts, July 6 - July 11, 2022 is a fun outdoor community theatre at The Stage at Kindleberger, a Festival Day of exciting family-friendly fun in and around Parchment’s beautiful Kindleberger Park.
- Maritime Festival – Harbor Beach, MI July 6-10, 2022. Free music, beach and festival. Bocce on the beach, book sale, lighted boat parade, cornhole tournament, volleyball tournament, jet ski racing tournament, craft show, carnival and so much more!
- Elsie Dairy Festival – Elsie, MI July 7, 8, 9, 2022. 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament, Arts & Craft Show, Cornhole Tournament, Dunk Tank Fundraiser, Parade and Talent Show
- Lowell Riverwalk Festival – Lowell, July 7, 8, 9, 2022. Lots of entertainment! Cruise in, duck raffle, parade, fireworks, food and fun!
- Blissfield River Raisin Festival – Blissfield, July 7, 8, 9, 2022. No admission fee to the River Raisin Festival and the stage entertainment as well as many children's activities are available free. Rides, concessions, tractor pulls, exhibits, merchant vendors, crafts, games and more. Fireworks on Friday and Saturday kicks off with the big parade through the village of Blissfield.
- Auburn Cornfest – Auburn, July 7-10, 2022
- St. Helen Bluegill Festival – St. Helen, July 7-10, 2022. Opening with ceremony and kids parade. During the festival there are amusement rides, crafters, music & entertainment, vendors, fishing contest, medallion hunt, softball game, horseshoe tournament and much more. It closes with a grand parade and awards ceremony. Bring your family out for this fun July Michigan festival!
- Big Ticket Festival – Gaylord, July 7-10, 2022. Our Mission is to “gather the tribes and give glory to God. "We believe that genuine celebration of God leads to awakened souls and changed hearts." See For King and Country, Ben Fuller, We The Kingdom, Anne Wilson, Aaron Shust, Maddie Rey, Blake Whiteley and so much more! Come enjoy this outdoor July Michigan music festival.
- Uncle Sam Jam Fest – Woodhaven, July 7-10, 2022. Civic Center Park Dr, Woodhaven MI. The Uncle Sam Jam will have a huge carnival midway, live national concerts, fireworks, monster truck rides, a petting zoo, and much more.
- Rockin' the River, Bay City, MI July 8, 2022, 6:00 pm State Theatre, 913 Washington Ave, Bay City, MI 48708. Get your tickets early.
- Manistique Folk Festival – Manistique, July 8-9, 2022. Downtown Manistique. The two-day event features music, food, vendors, and more!
- Common Ground Music Festival – Lansing, July 8-9, 2022
- Mad Dogs and Englishmen's British Auto Faire, July 9-10, 2022, Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners. So come out and visit this July Michigan!
- Art In The Park, Plymouth, Michigan. This Plymouth Mi Art Fair is July 8-10, 2022. A signature Michigan event, Art In The Park welcomes over 400 artists with fabulous paintings, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, fiber, glass, woodwork, photography, folk art & much more. Friday 11:00 – 8:00 p.m. , Saturday 10:00 – 7:00 p.m. and Sunday 10:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Copper Country Strawberry Festival – Chassell, July 8-9, 2022. 8th:10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, and 9th: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- St. Ignace Heritage Days – St. Ignace, July 8-10, 2022. Location: Museum of Ojibwa Culture 500 N State Street St. Ignace, MI. See what life was like in the 1760's, learn the traditional methods of making birch bark baskets or the art of hand drum making. Special presentations, live music, traditional foods and a variety of other events will all occur during this celebration. Fun July Michigan activity!
- Bear Lake Days – Bear Lake, July 7-9, 2022. Each July, the Village of Bear Lake (located in the northern part of Manistee County) has a fun 3-day festival with a fishing contest, pig roast, merchants sidewalk sales, kids games, entertainment tent, boat and pontoon parade, classic car show, arts/crafts fair, summer fun run, bike tour, Saturday night parade and fireworks.
- Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff, Saturday, July 9 from 9 am – 6 pm and Sunday, July 10, 2022 from 10 am – 5 pm. This can't miss event brings together hundreds of artists and thousands of people in Southwest Michigan. We go to this show every year and it's exquisite. Tons of shade trees but be prepared to walk several block for parking.
- Royal Oak Art Fair - July 9, 2022, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and July 10, 2022, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Royal Oak Memorial Park, Corner of Woodward Avenue and 13 Mile Road in Royal Oak.
- Charlevoix Art and Craft Show – Charlevoix, July 9-10, 2022, Location: East Park, Downtown Charlevoix. Saturday, 10am - 6pm and Sunday, 10am - 4pm
- Lavender Harvest Festival At Lavender Lane. July 9, 2022, 8 am - 4 pm, 12040 Plank Rd, Milan, MI. U pick lavender, food trucks, petting farm, riding ponies, and fun!
- 2021 LPGA Tour, July 10-16, 2022. Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational in Midland, MI. The LPGA Tour and Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational experience: See the world's best female golfers, feast on Eat Great Food Festival flavors, travel the Eat Great Hospitality Trail, and explore the regional culinary and craft beer scene during Eat Great Restaurant Week! Awesome July Michigan event! Midland Country Club.
- Self Guided Recycling Center Tours, Presented By Kent County Department of Public Works, July 11, 18, 25, 2022. 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM, 977 Wealthy St SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. FREE! Learn all about recycling, watch their workers and machines sort right in front of you! Fantastic July Michigan event for the whole family.
- 2022 Garden Walk, July 12, 2022, Midland, MI. 2-7 p.m. Enjoy gardens throughout Midland as homeowners open their gardens for a citywide “garden walk” to help Reece Endeavor of Midland raise funds to provide housing for individuals with special needs in Midland County. Tickets are $10 can can be obtained by visiting www.reeceendeavor.org.
- Paranormal Lighthouse Tours, Recurring weekly on Friday at Marquette Maritime Museum and Lighthouse, Marquette, Michigan with Yooper Paranormal. July 15, 2022 and July 29, 2022 at 7pm-8:30pm. What a fun Paranormal Tour of the Marquette Harbor Lighthouse! Buy your tickets ahead of time. 18 and over only.
- Blake's Lavender Market, July 15-17, 2022. Blake's Orchard & Cider Mill, 17985 Armada Center Rd, Armada, MI. Featuring a lovely lavender market with 150+ local artisans. Sip on a refreshing lavender lemonade or ice cream while enjoying a homemade lavender treat. Blake’s Hard Cider Co. and Blake’s Brewing Co. will be featuring seasonal lavender infused hard cider and beer. Both can be found on tap in their Tasting Room and Orchard Square Tap.
- Celebration of Brass, Gilmore Car Museum, Fri, July 15 & Sat, July 16, 2022 The “A Celebration of Brass” show is for
pre-1916 autos and includes a driving tour.
- Art in the Park, July 16, 2022, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m., For over 30 years, approximately 130 booths have graced Pennsylvania Park, Petoskey, with items ranging from pottery to jewelry, from paintings to photographs, and much more. Fun July Michigan art fair!
- Market at Emerson Park 2022, 1300 W Main St, Midland, MI 48640, Saturday, July 16-17, 2022 AT 10 AM – 5 PM. The canopy offers respite from the summer sun, while perusing amazing handmade goods, indulging in the best local food trucks, and being serenaded by local musicians. This is an event you wont want to miss.
- Thunder Over Michigan, 801 Willow Run Airport, Yysilanti, MI
July 16 & 17, 2022. There will be two Drive-Up shows per day; a morning and an afternoon show. Each Show requires its own Drive-Up Car Pass. Bring chairs! Amazing performances by the USN Blue Angels and a Special Warbird Salute! Not to mention the dozens of static and flight teams during all four shows! Buy your tickets early. What a cool August Michigan event!
- Michigan Honey Festival - The Michigan Honey Festival is an educational venue to get people together to learn about honeybees and honey, no matter what their skills or knowledge. Held July 16 & 17, 2022. $5.00 cash/vehicle/day entry. Location: 2900 Hibbard Rd. Corunna, MI 48817
- Richland Art Fair, July 16, 2022, 9-4 pm. Downtown Corner Of M-89 And M-43, Richland, MI. This juried show features a diverse selection of original artwork, jewelry, and superior hand‑crafted items. Approximately 100 artists from all over Michigan and beyond exhibit their beautiful work for sale. We love this July Michigan art show as it's on grass (not too hard on the feet) with lots of shade trees!
- Frankenmudder, July 16, 2022, Frankenmuth. Get dirty for a cause!! This three mile boot-camp style mud run is a fundraiser for Michigan's Military and Space Heroes Museum.
- Cass River Living History Encampment, July 16 and 17, 2022, Frankenmuth. Free at Frankenmuth River Place Shops. Experience an encampment of historical reenactors representing the many eras of America’s history during this free educational and family-friendly event at Frankenmuth River Place Shops! Visit and tour military camps ranging from the French & Indian War through the Revolutionary War, and shop at historical vendors. Flag-raising ceremonies, fashion shows with military uniforms on display, musical concerts, authentic battle skirmishes and demonstrations featuring cannons, artillery and weapons.
- Corvette Show, Gilmore Car Museum, July 17, 2022. Campania Barn Lawn 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Annual Corvette Envy Show & Swap Meet. As an added bonus, make sure to step into the museum’s Main Gallery to check out their brand new Corvette exhibit - Greatest Generation: Corvette! Included in the exhibit are some of the rarest and most unique Corvettes in the country. We will be at this fun July Michigan Corvette show!
- Ann Arbor Art Fair, July 21-23, 2022. Outstanding art show that is actually 4 fairs. We have gone to this show every year for around 12 years! Crazy hot but crazy good! It's one of our favorite July Michigan events! Read more here!
- Piquette Craft Fair, Ford Piquette Avenue, Plant 461 Piquette Avenue, Detroit, MI, July TBD, 3 p.m.-8 p.m. Parking is free, Admission is free. Awesome August Michigan event!
- Hot Air Jubilee, July 22-July 24, 2022 at Ella Sharp Park in Jackson, MI. Most events July 23-Morning launch, festival opens at 4:00 pm. Blues Fest, Evening Launch and night glow. July 24th-Morning and evening launch, festival opens at 4:00, music and fun. Very engaging family July Michigan event!
- Faster Horses Festival, Michigan International Speedway, July 22-25, 2022. Country music festival and camping. 12626 US-12, Brooklyn, MI. Incredible music line up this year!
- Michigan Brewers Guild Summer Beer Festival 2022, Riverside Park - Depot Town, Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States, Friday, July 22, 2022 - Saturday, July 23, 2022
May through September are prime flower picking months! Find Michigan Flower Farms near you for u pick...glorious tulips, daisies, poppies, mums, sunflowers, lavender!
July is Michigan Blueberry Picking Season! Great Activity for Kids!
- Blueberry Festival - July 29, 2022, 10 am - 7 p.m. Marquette Downtown Development Authority, 337 W Washington St, Marquette, MI. Washington and Front streets will be bustling with sidewalk sales during 2022’s Blueberry Festival. Downtown restaurants will satisfy your cravings for blueberry fare, from blueberry pizza to blueberry beer, while many downtown shops offer will offer “blue” specials. Local vendors will be on-hand throughout the day selling mounds of fresh blueberries. We love this July Michigan blueberry festival!
- Wild Thyme Music Festival, July 29-31, 2022, Music Friday and Saturday. Workshops, camping, music, food and vendors. Fat Blossom Farm, 2086 20th Street, Allegan, MI
- Yale Bologna Festival, July 29-31, 2022. Each July, Yale closes its city streets and transforms into a Bologna party! 20,000 Bologna party-goers draws people from all around Michigan as well as other states to crown the next King and Queen of Bologna. The Bologna Festival events include the famous outhouses races, street dance, fireworks and a parade down Main Street that continues to grow each year. The Big Bologna Parade is on
Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 6:00 PM. Seriously, how can you not go to this awesome July Michigan festival?
- Grand Haven Coastguard Festival, July 29-August 7, 2022, 113 N 2nd St, Grand Haven, MI. See Aeroforce (Aerosmith Tribute Band), Simply Queen (Queen Tribue Band), Rock n Hop and so much more this year! This is a fantastic July Michigan festival to attend with family and friends. Carnival, concerts, grand parade, kid's events, craft fair, ship tours, car show and more! One of the largest July Michigan festivals! **Grab our Grand Haven Coastguard Festival guide with the schedule, parade routes, things to do!
- Visit Dahlia Hill- (free) 2809 Orchard Dr, Midland, MI, View eight exquisite terraces planted yearly with 3,000 dahlias - over 300 varieties late July through October. A favorite July Michigan event! ;)
We hope you enjoy our exciting July Michigan events and ideas of fun things to do!
- Antique Fire Muster- July 30, 2022. Antique fire trucks will be on display in the Heritage Park. Don't miss the exciting parade through downtown Frankenmuth on Saturday morning. Location: Heritage Park, 601 Weiss Street.
- Kalamazoo Summer Salsa Cook off! July 2022 TBD The annual Salsa Cook-Off is your chance to explore Downtown Kalamazoo while sampling their best salsa recipes and voting for your favorites. Salsa sampling will be available at over 20 shops and restaurants starting at the Consumers Credit Union on the Kalamazoo Mall (125 S. Kalamazoo Mall). See more things to do in Kalamazoo!
- Keepsake Arts and Crafts Shows:
- July 29, 30, 31, 2022 - Frankenmuth, Zehnder Park
- August 19, 20, 21, 2022 - Frankenmuth, Zehnder Park
- August 27, 28, 2022 - Uncle Johns Cider Mill
- September 16, 17, 18, 2022. Frankenmuth, Zehnder Park
- October SVSU (tentative)
- November 12, 2022 - Morey Courts
- December 3, 4, 2022 - Clarkston High School
- December 10, 2022 - Horizons Conference Center
Awesome July Michigan Activities for Kids!
When summer hits, sometimes it's hard to plan activities and fun for the kids! We have some great fun things to do for kids this summer!
Splash into Summer (Coastal Kids), July 2022 TBD Play at the splash pad in downtown Grand Haven, eat some delicious pizza (provided) and go out for ice cream! Parents, please provide $5 for your child to get some ice cream! *Ages 4-4th grade. Such a fun July Michigan event!
Kids and Teens Summer Series: July 11-15, 2022 Bakeshop, July 18-22, Cooking Adventure and July 25-29, 2022 Chef School. Sur La Table, 3050 Washtenaw Ave #109, Ann Arbor, MI. Calling all kid chefs! Ages 7 to 11 and 12-17 to learn some cooking skills! Your kids will get plenty of hands-on practice rolling fresh pasta dough and more!
Lake Bluff Artisan Faire, July 16, 2022 10:00am - 5:00pm, Lake Bluff Park, St. Joe, This fun Michigan art fair offers a variety of handcrafted goods, with over 50 local vendors! Home decor, furniture, jewelry, candles and more! So many great things to do in Michigan in July!
Kids' Summer DIY Craft Camp - June 20-24, 2022; July 18-22, 2022 and August 8-12, 2022. 9 AM – 12 PM, Hammer & Stain West Michigan, 3901 Chicago Dr, SW Suite 109, Grandville, MI. Perfect way for your kids (7+) to get creative this summer! One to two crafts per day! Check their website for more info and to book this fun July Michigan activity for kids!
Children's Concert: Detroit School of Rock, July 13, 2022, 10 AM – 11 AM, Riverside Park, 3311 Squirrel Ct, Auburn Hills, MI
Family Experiences At Leslie Science & Nature Center, Tue, July 2022 TBD, 9 AM – 5 PM, 1831 Traver Rd, Ann Arbor, MI. Book you own private family time to experience science programs! Choose an activity led by one of the educators for an outdoor hands-on learning experience.
Village Square Art Fair, Saturday, July 30, 2022, 10 am to 5 pm at Village Square Downtown Saugatuck.
It's Michigan County Fair Time!
If you LOVE fairs and carnivals as much as we do, be sure to grab our HUGE list of Michigan fairs and carnivals! Don't miss out on funnel cakes, Ferris wheel rides and baby goats!
Don't miss a moment of July Michigan events and fun! Join our newsletter to have events and fun delivered directly to your inbox!
What Michigan Events Are Coming Up Next?
Disclaimer: Please be sure to visit a particular event's website to verify dates, times, happenings and details. We make every possible effort to be verify these the event details but as we are human, mistakes can occur and event dates/times can change. If you see an error below, PLEASE let us know and we will correct it.
Event Centers in Michigan
Still bored? Don't forget to check these Michigan event centers/theaters/auditoriums across Michigan for concerts, events, shows or comedy entertainment!
Here are a few Michigan event centers to inspire you!
- Cobo Hall-Detroit
- Midland Center for the Arts-Midland
- Dow Gardens-Midland
- Kalamazoo State Theatre
- Fire Keepers Casino
- Soaring Eagle Casino-Mt. Pleasant
- Wings Event Center-Kalamazoo
- Miller Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Civic Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Chenery Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Kellogg Arena-Battle Creek
- LMC Mendel Center-Benton Harbor
- Franke Center for the Arts-Marshall
- The Bob-Grand Rapids
- Van Andel-Grand Rapids
- Devos Place-Grand Rapids
- Dow Event Center-Saginaw
Being bored sucks! Never miss another event! Join our network of Traveling Michigan Explorers! Be a part of this amazing community of travelers!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Check Out Our Traveling Michigan Videos on Youtube!
Check out our off-road Keweenaw Peninsula adventures on YouTube!
You May Also Like...
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...