THE 28 BEST 2020 July Michigan Things To Do!
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2020 July Michigan events and things to do for families, couples and friends! Grab our 19 Boredom Zapping Ideas!
Destinations: Detroit, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Traverse City, Charlevoix, Houghton, Midland, Alpena, South Haven, St. Joseph and more!
July Michigan events are full swing! BBQ's, picnics, hiking, fireworks, boating, sailing and exploring is at its max!
Traveling Michigan in July is absolutely stunning as our State Parks are lush and green, our lakes are warm and sparkling, and our state is RIPE for discovery!
Farm markets, zoos, beach towns, festivals and museums are waiting for your visit. Let's travel Michigan together!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our July adventures! We hope you enjoy our July Michigan events and fun things to do!
And as always, if you have July Michigan events that you would like listed, let us know here!
THE BEST July Michigan Events-2020
DUE TO COVID 19, MANY EVENTS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. CHECK INDIVIDUAL WEBSITES FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
There are so many July Michigan things to see, do and explore!! No way you will be bored!
- Traverse City National Cherry Festival, July 4-11, 2020 CANCELLED Grab our Traverse City Cherry Festival Interactive Map and Guide for the tips, event locations and the schedule! Kick off the National Cherry Festival with the Air Show, micrcobrews, as well as the finest BBQ around! Classic car shows, Midway, Blue Angels Air show, Cherry Pancake Breakfast, Arts and Crafts fair, Parades and Cherry Farmers Market. So many things to do in Michigan!
- Battle Creek Field Of Flight Air Show and Balloon Fest, July 1-5, 2020. Air show, night air show, rock bands, balloon illumes, 2 amazing fire works shows, carnival and vendors galore!
- Fireworks on the Bay/Fourth of July - Fireworks Cruise, Pictured Rocks Cruises, Sat. July 4, 2020
- Tour the Tawas Point Lighthouse-Tawas, Come tour the lighthouse! Tours are available at select times on select days. See their website for more information. Fee. A Recreation Passport is required to enter the State Park.
- Lavender Hill Farm, Boyne City. 7354 Horton Bay Rd. North, Boyne City, MI 49712, Guided tours and lilac labyrinth.(Open Daily May 10 - Oct 27 from 10 AM - 5 PM)
- Lunch in Lavender, Lavender Hill Farm, 7354 Horton Bay Rd N., Boyne City, Wed, Jul 1st, 2020 at 12:00 pm, Wed, Jul 8th, 2020 at 12:00 pm, Wed, Jul 15th, 2020 at 12:00 pm, Wed, Jul 22nd, 2020 at 12:00 pm, Wed, Jul 29th, 2020 at 12:00 pm,
- Harbor View Lavender Farm-17770 Center Rd, Traverse City, MI, View and purchase gorgeous lavender plants and products!
- South Haven Fireworks-Cancelled 2020 fireworks at dusk off the North Pier. Viewing from Riverfront Park, North & South Beaches. Coordinated with Music on Cosy 103.7 FM. 3-hour pre-show broadcast begins at 7:00 p.m. on Cosy.
- Bay City Fireworks Festival, July 2-4, 2020. CANCELLED. Fireworks Schedule: Thursday, Friday and Saturday, fireworks begin at 10:12 pm. Saturday is the largest show, lasting 36 min. People travel from all over the United States to witness the amazing fireworks display!
- Volkslaufe-The People's Race in Frankenmuth. July 4, 2020. More than 2,500 people train and anxiously anticipate the race that passes by several of Frankenmuth's popular landmarks.
- South Haven Art Fair, The South Haven Center for the Arts will host the Annual South Haven Art Fair on July 4, 5, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The South Haven Art Fair is longest running event in the region! Over 120 artists!
- University of MI Matthaei Botanical Gardens, 1800 N. Dixboro Rd, Ann Arbor. Check out the 9 outdoor gardens and conservatory! Best viewed June to October, the perennial gardens begin blooming in June. Lots of wildflowers too!
- Appledore Dinner Sails, Sail the Saginaw Bay! Enjoy the sails, the sunset, and a delicious catered dinner. Friday night sails feature a light BBQ dinner and run from 6p – 9p. Saturday night Dinner Sails are four hours long and many feature live entertainment! Things to do in Michigan
- Mad Dogs and Englishmen's British Auto Faire, July 11-12, 2020, Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners.
- Kindleberger Summer Festival of the Performing Arts, Wed, July 8 - Sun, July 12, 2020 is five days of exceptional outdoor community theatre at The Stage at Kindleberger, a Festival Day of exciting family-friendly fun in and around Parchment’s beautiful Kindleberger Park. Festival Friday Fun Night is happening Fri, July 10, 9 PM-11 PM in the lower park! Bring the family out for a night of music, food, cornhole tournament, and more!
- Frankenmuth Food Truck Festival, July 9, 2020. Funtown Chowdown, Frankenmuth’s Annual Food Truck Festival is located at Frankenmuth River Place Shops! The fun begins in May and will take place on the second Thursday of each month (May - September) from 3 pm – 9 pm each date.
- Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff, Saturday – Sunday, July 11-12, 2020. CANCELLED. Saturday 10 a.m. -6 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. -5 p.m.This can't miss event brings together hundreds of artists and thousands of people in Southwest Michigan. We go to this show every year and it's exquisite. Tons of shade trees but be prepared to walk several block for parking.
- Eat Great Restaurant Week- Enjoy Great Lakes Bay Region Eateries Jul 13-18, 2020 in Midland, MI
- 2020 LPGA Tour, July 2020, CANCELLED. Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational in Midland, MI. The LPGA Tour and Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational experience: the world's best female golfers, feast on Eat Great Food Festival flavors, travel the Eat Great Hospitality Trail, and explore the regional culinary and craft beer scene during Eat Great Restaurant Week! Awesome July Michigan event! Midland Country Club
- Art in the Park, July 18, 2020, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m., For over 30 years, approximately 130 booths have graced Pennsylvania Park, Petoskey, with items ranging from pottery to jewelry, from paintings to photographs, and much more.
- Ann Arbor Art Fair, CANCELLED THIS YEAR. July 16-19, 2020. Outstanding art show that is actually 4 fairs.We have gone to this show every year for around 12 years! Crazy hot but crazy good! It's one of our favorite July Michigan events! Read more here!
- Frankenmudder, July 18, 2020, Frankenmuth. Get dirty for a cause!! This three mile boot-camp style mud run is a fundraiser for Michigan's Military and Space Heroes Museum.
- Cass River Living History Encampment, July 18 and 19, 2020, Frankenmuth. Free at Frankenmuth River Place Shops. Experience an 18th Century encampment of historical re-enactors representing British, French, and Americans. Visit and tour military camps and shop at historical vendors from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 pm. on Saturday and from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. Witness Tactical Battle Re-enactments, Flag Raising, Musket Firing, Period Concert & Games, Fashion Show and many other events!
- Hot Air Jubilee, July 23-July 26, 2020 at Ella Sharp Park in Jackson, MI.
- Richland Art Fair, July 18, 2020, Downtown Corner Of M-89 And M-43, Richland, MI. This juried show features a diverse selection of original artwork, jewelry, and superior hand‑crafted items. Approximately 100 artists from all over Michigan and beyond exhibit their beautiful work for sale. We love this July Michigan art show as it's on grass (not too hard on the feet) with lots of shade trees!
- Blake's Lavender Market, July 20-Aug 2, 2020 (cancelled this year) Blake's Orchard & Cider Mill, 17985 Armada Center Rd, Armada, MI. Featuring a lovely lavender market with 150+ local artisans
- Antique Fire Muster- July 25, 2020. Antique fire trucks will be on display in the Heritage Park. Don't miss the exciting parade through downtown Frankenmuth on Saturday morning. Location: Heritage Park, 601 Weiss Street.
- Kalamazoo Summer Salsa Cook off! July 2020 Date TBD, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The annual Salsa Cook-Off is your chance to explore Downtown Kalamazoo while sampling their best salsa recipes and voting for your favorites. Salsa sampling will be available at over 20 shops and restaurants starting at the Consumers Credit Union on the Kalamazoo Mall (125 S. Kalamazoo Mall).
- Corvette Envy, Sunday, July 29, 2020. 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners.
- Flower Festival, July 31-August 1, 2020. (Buy your timed tickets on line this year) Grandpa Tiny's Farm, 7775 Weiss Street, Frankenmuth, MI. A celebration of Frankenmuth's floral season. Enjoy garden tours, flower and art vendors, food, entertainment and beautiful displays
- Keepsake Arts and Crafts Show, Friday, July 24, 2020, Main Street, Frankenmuth, MI. Other dates in 2020:
- Saturday, July 25
- Sunday, July 26
- Friday, August 14
- Saturday, August 15
- Sunday, August 16
- Grand Haven Coastguard Fest, July 24-August 2, 2020, CANCELLED 113 N 2nd St, Grand Haven, MI. Tons of concerts, cardboard boat races, food and more!
- Dahlia Hill-2809 Orchard Dr, Midland, MI, View eight exquisite terraces planted yearly with 3,000 dahlias - over 300 varieties late July through October. A favorite July Michigan event! ;)
We hope you enjoy our exciting July Michigan events and ideas of fun things to do!
Don't miss a moment of July Michigan events and fun! Join our newsletter to have events and fun delivered directly to your inbox!
What Michigan Events Are Coming Up Next?
Disclaimer: Please be sure to visit a particular event's website to verify dates, times, happenings and details. We make every possible effort to be verify these the event details but as we are human, mistakes can occur and event dates/times can change. If you see an error below, PLEASE let us know and we will correct it.
Event Centers in Michigan
Still bored? Don't forget to check these Michigan event centers/theaters/auditoriums across Michigan for concerts, events, shows or comedy entertainment!
Here are a few Michigan event centers to inspire you!
- Cobo Hall-Detroit
- Midland Center for the Arts-Midland
- Dow Gardens-Midland
- Kalamazoo State Theatre
- Fire Keepers Casino
- Soaring Eagle Casino-Mt. Pleasant
- Wings Event Center-Kalamazoo
- Miller Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Civic Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Chenery Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Kellogg Arena-Battle Creek
- LMC Mendel Center-Benton Harbor
- Franke Center for the Arts-Marshall
- The Bob-Grand Rapids
- Van Andel-Grand Rapids
- Devos Place-Grand Rapids
- Dow Event Center-Saginaw
Being bored sucks! Never miss another event! Join our network of Traveling Michigan Explorers! Be a part of this amazing community of travelers!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Check Out Our Traveling Michigan Videos on Youtube!
Check out our off-road Keweenaw Peninsula adventures on YouTube!
You May Also Like...
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
Traveling Michigan Home Page