The Ultimate 2023 Guide of July Michigan Events, Festivals and Best Things to Do in Michigan This Weekend With Kids+ 4th of July, Air Shows, Art Fairs, Concerts, Blueberry U Pick & National Cherry Festival
The Ultimate 2023 Guide of July Michigan Events, Festivals and Best Things to Do in Michigan This Weekend With Kids+ 4th of July, Air Shows, Art Fairs, Concerts, Blueberry U Pick & National Cherry Festival
By Sherry Trautman | Travel-MI.com | Updated: March 16, 2023
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2023 July Michigan events and things to do for families, couples and friends this summer! Grab our Boredom Zapping Ideas for fun in Michigan and add them to your events calendar!
+Best Southwest Michigan events monthly calendar. See what's happening in Michigan today! Music festivals and activities with kids.
Destinations: Detroit, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Petoskey, Charlevoix, Houghton Lake, Midland, South Haven, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Upper Peninsula and more!
Plan your July Michigan trip or summer vacation around our inspiring festivals and events!
Best Michigan July Events, 4th of July, Festivals and Fun Things to Do
July Michigan events and festivals are in full swing! BBQ's, picnics, hiking, fireworks, boating, music festivals, sailing and exploring is at its max!
Traveling Michigan in July is absolutely stunning as our State Parks are lush and green, our lakes are warm and sparkling, our incredible vast beaches are warm and inviting, and our state is RIPE for discovery! Summer in Michigan is absolutely spectacular! We have lots of kids activities too!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our July adventures and activities! We hope you enjoy our July Michigan events and fun things to do!
And as always, if you have July Michigan events and fun things to do in Michigan that you would like listed, let us know here!
Wondering about events in Michigan this weekend near me?
Farm markets, zoos, beach towns, festivals and museums are waiting for your visit. Let's travel Michigan together!
What is There to do in Michigan in July?
Summer in Michigan is absolutely packed with activities and adventures! The Traverse City Cherry Festival, Bay City fireworks celebration, Battle Creek Airshow and Balloon Festival, Michigan lavender farms, dinner on a sailboat, mud races, and arts and craft shows are a few things to do in Michigan! Keep reading for more activities and adventures in July!
THE BEST July Michigan Events 2023
There are so many July Michigan things to see, do and explore!! No way you will be bored!
As with all things, we at Traveling Michigan are human and make the very best effort to supply a correct schedule of events but they could cancel at any time. Always check with the event's website prior to attending to purchase tickets, check dates/times and obtain more info.
- Julia Child: A Recipe for Life at The Henry Ford - May 20, 2023 -September 20, 2023. Super fun July Michigan event!
- Skip's European Farmers Market, Open each Saturday and Sunday – 9am to 3pm – begins on Saturday, May 20, 2023. Weather permitting stretching through mid-October. Great locally produced vegetables, fruits, jellies, jams, salsas, bread, maple syrup, homemade soaps, cut flowers, potted plants, eggs, cheeses, pastries, meats, sausages, fresh-made food products, art, jewelry, clothing and more will be available at New Buffalo European Farmers Market at Skip’s Restaurant. 16710 Lakeshore Rd (corner of Red Arrow Highway and Lakeshore Road), just north of New Buffalo.
- Tour the Hackley and Hume Historic Sites - take a guided tour
of the Hackley & Hume Historic Site, and self-guided tours of the Fire Barn Museum, and Scolnik House of the Depression Era. May – October. Muskegon.
- Steamboat Park Live Music Cruises, June - September, 2023 on the Grand Lady Riverboat, 825 Taylor St, Jenison, MI 49428 (Grand Rapids). Enjoy a cruise and live music on the Grand River.
- Rollin’ on the River, Fridays, June 9 - August 25, 2023 at 6:30pm-9:30pm. Start every weekend of summer with live music on the Allegan Riverfront! Rollin’ on the River is a free, weekly Friday night concert series on the Allegan Riverfront Stage featuring touring musicians from across the country. Two hours of live music starts at 7pm. Stay overnight and make it the perfect Michigan summer vacation!
- Tall Ship Manitou Sails - So many different cruises to choose; Moomers Ice Cream Cruise, Evening Sails, Brunch Cruises, Dinner Sails and more! Book on line for May, June, July, August and September sailing dates. 13258 S West Bay Shore Dr. Traverse City, MI. Time: 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Price: Visit their Website to book!
- Fork in the Road: Mondays June 12 - August 28, 2023 | 5pm-8pm. Food truck takeover in Downtown Allegan! Enjoy a rotating selection of food every Monday from a variety of trucks and trailers from around West Michigan.
- Battle Creek Field Of Flight Air Show and Balloon Fest, June 29 - July 4, 2023. Air show, night air show, rock bands, balloon illumes, 2 amazing fire works shows (Saturday, July 1st at 10:30 PM and Tuesday, July 4th at 10:30 PM., carnival and vendors galore! The fireworks displays will each be over 15 minutes long and are one of the LARGEST in the State of Michigan! Fantastic summer Michigan event!
- Bay City Fireworks Festival, June 29, June 30 and July 1, 2023. Fireworks and fun! Saturday is the largest show, lasting 36 min. People travel from all over the United States to witness the amazing fireworks display! Best things to do in Michigan July 4th celebration.
- Discover Muskegon Festival, July 2023 TBD. Discover the world of modified vehicles, music, art installations, culinary creations, and more. This fun Michigan July Festival is dedicated to all generations and artistic avenues.
- Michigan Rib Fest, 2023 TBD. Lake Orion, at Canterbury Village at 2325 Josyln Ct, Lake Orion, MI.
- South Haven Art Fair, The South Haven Center for the Arts will host the Annual South Haven Art Fair on July 1 and 2, 2023, 10 AM to 5 PM at Stanley Johnston Park, 202 Dyckman Avenue, South Haven, MI. The South Haven Art Fair is longest running event in the region! Over 120 artists! We adore this July Michigan art fair and have attended it for several years.
- Royal Oak Art Fair - Saturday July 1, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and also Sunday July 2, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Royal Oak Memorial Park, Corner of Woodward Avenue and 13 Mile Road in Royal Oak. This is a juried fine art show sponsored by the Royal Oak Arts Council and Royal Oak Recreation. This Michigan art show attracts artists from across the country and has national ranking as one of the top fairs in the United States. Drawing, painting, photography, clay, collage, glass, metal, wood, jewelry, leather/fiber, and mixed media.
- Yoga In Bloom, Saturday, July 1, 2023 at 9am - 10am and then enjoy a farm tour at 10:00 am at Lavender Hill Farms, 7354 Horton Bay Rd. North, Boyne City, MI 49712. Lavender is in full bloom! Yoga in Bloom is offered on several dates throughout the month! Fun summer activities in Michigan!
- Made in Cheboygan Summer Craft Show, July 1-2, 2023, Washington Park, Cheboygan, MI. Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 10am-3pm.
- Annual Grand Rapids Fireworks - July 1, 2023, Event kicks off at 6 pm at Ah-Nab-Awen Park (303 Pearl Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503), near the Ford Presidential Museum. The event will include family-fun activities, food, vendors and live entertainment! Fireworks will start at 10:30 p.m. Awesome July Michigan family event.
- The Waterfront Invitational Fine Art Fair, Saugatuck, Saturday, July 1, 2023, 10 am to 5 pm, Village Square, Corner of Butler and Main Streets, Saugatuck. The Waterfront Invitational Fine Art Fair showcases the work of 60 fine artists working in a variety of media: painting, photography, glass, woodworking, ceramics, jewelry, basketry, mixed media, fibers, mosaic, printmaking, and sculpture. Fantastic July Michigan events
- Traverse City National Cherry Festival, July 1-8, 2023! Grab our Traverse City Cherry Festival Interactive Map and Guide for the tips, event locations and the schedule! This year, see the USAF Thunderbirds perform, Theory of a Deadman & Skillet, Jordan Davis, Chicago, Jeff Foxworthy and Larry The Cable Guy! Also enjoy classic car shows, midway, Cherry Pancake Breakfast, parades, cherry farmers market and so much more! So many things to do in Michigan in July!
- Tour the Tawas Point Lighthouse-Tawas, Come tour the lighthouse! Tours are available at select times on select days. See their website for more information. Fee. A Recreation Passport is required to enter the State Park.
- Bay City Tall Ship Celebration - 2025 for next visit to Bay City
Want better health (or improve concentration and heal faster) for you and your family? Harvard Medical School says the best prescription for your health is to get outside!
- Visit Lavender Hill Farm, Boyne City this month! 7354 Horton Bay Rd. North, Boyne City, MI 49712, Guided tours and lilac labyrinth. Open mid-May through late October. July is when lavender is blooming and the farm is at its most colorful. Harvest and distillation begins. Fun summer activities in Michigan!
- Visit Harbor View Lavender Farm this month! 17770 Center Rd, Traverse City, MI, View and purchase gorgeous lavender plants and products! Fantastic summer Michigan event!
July in Michigan is the absolutely best month to hit the beach!
Enjoy the Best Beaches in Michigan! Get your toes in the sand with your kids this summer.
4th of July 2023 Michigan Events and Festivals
--->MEGA LIST OF 4th OF JULY EVENTS.
- Weekend Celebrations
- Fireworks (Best Places to Watch)
- Air Shows
- Best Things to Do in Michigan on Independence Day
See Our MEGA list of 4th of July events, parades, festivals and fireworks!
Traverse City, Saugatuck, South Haven and Petoskey are hot spots for 4th of July celebrations in Michigan!
- Port Hope 4th of July Festival 2023 - Flea market, tractor show, tractor pull, fireworks and parade. July 2023 TBD
Birch Run Speedway and Event Center Upcoming Events:
- July 1, 2023: JEGS CRA Triple Crown Event #2
- July 5, 2023: Open Track Day Practice. Modifieds, Pure Stocks, more.
- July 7, 2023: Midwest Modified Tour with Pure Stocks, Street Stocks.
- July 12, 2023: Open Track Day Practice. Modifieds, Pure Stocks, more.
- July 14, 2023: Fast Cars and Freedom Pure Stock Invitational and National Compact Tour.
- July 19, 2023: Open Track Day Practice.
- July 21, 2023: Dixies Days Friday Night Thunder with Must See Sprints, Dwarf Cars, more.
- July 22, 2023: Dixie Days Christmas in July Eve of Destruction Monster Salvage Push Cars, Monster Salvage Pull Cars, Monster everything!
- July 26, 2023: Open Track Day Practice.
- July 28, 2023: Friday Night Laps & Legends Amber Lucyinski
- International Food Festival, Marquette, MI - July 2, July 3, July 4, 2023. 12:00 PM to 10:30 PM. Presented By: Marquette County Exchange Club. Enjoy great ethnic and local food favorites, from noon to 10:30 each day! Free live entertainment will take place all three days, and Fireworks will take place at dusk on July 4.
- DeBucks Sunflower Farm Lavender Festival - July 2023 TBD. Friday and Saturday 12 pm. - 8 pm. Sunday 11-6 p.m. 50240 Martz Rd, Belleville, MI 48111. Nothing says Michigan summers like a sunflower festival!
- Self-Guided Recycling Center Tours, Presented By Kent County Department of Public Works, July 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31, 2023. 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM, 977 Wealthy St SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. FREE! Learn all about recycling, watch their workers and machines sort right in front of you! Fantastic July Michigan event for the whole family.
- South Haven Fireworks, Light up the Lake- July 3, 2023, fireworks at dusk off the North Pier. Viewing from Riverfront Park, North & South Beaches. Coordinated with Music on Cosy 103.7 FM. 3-hour pre-show broadcast begins at 7:00 p.m. on Cosy. So tune in for this awesome fireworks display - awesome July Michigan celebration!
- Frankenmuth Fireworks, July 3, 2023.
- Arts & Craft Fair- July 3, 2023, Clawson, MI. 3pm - 9pm at Clawson Park.
- Third of July Fireworks Celebration – Baroda, July 3, 2023. The Baroda Fireworks are known as one of the BEST fireworks displays in the Midwest! For years, the Baroda Fire Department have tirelessly given their time to make this event one of the best around!
- Allegan July 3 Jubilee – Allegan, July 3, 2023. 5pm-10pm, Celebrate the birth of the country with this patriotic community festival featuring food, live music, activities, and fireworks on the 3rd of July. Awesome July Michigan celebration!
- Volkslaufe-The People's Race in Frankenmuth. July 4, 2023. Heritage Park, 601 Weiss St, Frankenmuth, MI. The Volksläufe, German for "The People's Race," is held annually in celebration of family, friendship, and fitness! The Volksläufe is hosted by the Frankenmuth Jaycees, and all proceeds go to charitable causes. More than 2,500 people train and anxiously anticipate the race that passes by several of Frankenmuth's popular landmarks.
- Saugatuck 4th of July 2023 - Saugatuck's 4th of July Parade & Fireworks are spectacular! The 4th of July parade travels along Butler Street and begins at 2:00 pm. Fantastic summer Michigan event!
- Petoskey 4th of July 2023 - July 4, 2023, parade beginning at 6 p.m., followed by live musical entertainment and concluding with a fireworks show along Little Traverse Bay.
- Clawson’s 4th Of July! Takes place every July 4th since 1932. Be part of the celebration! Parade: 9:00 am - Clawson Center to Clawson Park. Arts and Crafts Fair: 10 am-6:00 pm at Clawson Park. Freedom Festival - Food Trucks 10am-9:00pm at Clawson Park. Fireworks at Dusk (around 10pm) at Clawson Park.
- 2023 Art in the Park, July 4, 2023, in Downtown Frankfort, 517 Main St, Frankfort, MI, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Love this July Michigan art fair! Enjoy the art fair with Frankfort's other 4th of July events listed directly below.
- Frankfort’s 4th of July Celebration - July 4, 2023. The Frankfort July 4th parade is at 10:00 a.m. along Main Street. Plus Art in the Park (listed directly above!) Also enjoy the carnival (10am-10pm), sand sculpture contest (noon - 3pm), Decorated Bike Contest at Graceland Fruit Parking lot at 9:30am, and the event we've all come for.... FIREWORKS at dusk!
- Fowlerville Independence Day Celebration – July 4, 2023, The Annual Livingston County, Fowlerville fireworks is held July 4th in downtown Fowlerville, Michigan.
- Independence Day Celebration – July 4, 2023, Downtown Beulah, 273 S. Benzie Blvd., Beulah, MI. Independence Day Celebration activities: 5K Firecracker Run, Kids Games in the Park, Face Painting, Food Concession in the Park, Parade (starts at 1:30pm) and fireworks at dusk.
- Cadillac Freedom Festival - July 4-8, 2023 celebrate our nations freedom and independence. This awesome Michigan festival is held annually in downtown Cadillac to celebrate our nation’s freedom and independence. The festival celebrates food, fun, family with a parade down main street, 5k Race, Fire on Water – Military Tribute, classic car show & the Pork in the Park BBQ Competition! First weekend of July in downtown Cadillac in the beautiful city park and pavilion. See the Cadillac Freedom Festival schedule.
FUN July Michigan Events Continued...
- Visit University of MI Matthaei Botanical Gardens, 1800 N. Dixboro Rd, Ann Arbor. Check out the 9 outdoor gardens and conservatory! Best viewed June to October, the perennial gardens begin blooming in June. Lots of wildflowers too! Fun things to do in Michigan in July!
- Visit W.J. Beal Botanical Garden at Michigan State University, W. Circle Drive, East Lansing. July through August is just stunning!
- Appledore Dinner Sails, Sail the Saginaw Bay! Enjoy the sails, the sunset, and good company! Camden Windjammer Sunset Sail is generally 2 hours long. Book early as the weekends fill quickly. Things to do in Michigan
- Bear Lake Days – Bear Lake, July 5-9, 2023. Each July, the Village of Bear Lake (located in the northern part of Manistee County) has a fun 3-day festival with a fishing contest, pig roast, merchants sidewalk sales, kids games, entertainment tent, boat and pontoon parade, classic car show, arts/crafts fair, summer fun run, bike tour, Saturday night parade and fireworks.
- Maritime Festival – Harbor Beach, MI July 5-9, 2023 | Harbor Beach Michigan. Free music, beach and festival. Bocce on the beach, book sale, lighted boat parade, cornhole tournament, volleyball tournament, jet ski racing tournament, craft show, carnival and so much more!
- Elsie Dairy Festival – Elsie, MI July 6, 7, 8, 2023. 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament, Dairy Dash, Pageant, Arts & Craft Show, Parade and Talent Show. There will be fun vendors with flea market, homemade, wholesale and baked goods. So get a moooove on and come on out!
- Lowell Riverwalk Festival – Lowell, July 6, 7, 8, 2023. Lots of entertainment! Cruise in, duck raffle, parade, fireworks, food and fun!
- Auburn Cornfest – Auburn, July 2023 TBD. Live Entertainment, Carnival Rides & Games, Fishing, Cornhole & Softball tournaments, Cornfest Parade, Fireworks, Dirt Drag Race, Food Court and more!
- St. Helen Bluegill Festival – St. Helen, July 6-9, 2023. Opening with ceremony and kids parade. During the festival there are amusement rides, crafters, music & entertainment, vendors, fishing contest, medallion hunt, softball game, horseshoe tournament and much more. It closes with a grand parade and awards ceremony. Festival Car Show on July 9, 2023 at 10493 E Airport Rd, St Helen, MI. Bring your family out for this fun July Michigan festival!
- Uncle Sam Jam Fest – Woodhaven, July 2023 TBD. Civic Center Park Dr, Woodhaven MI. The Uncle Sam Jam will have a huge carnival midway, live national concerts, fireworks, monster truck rides, a petting zoo, and much more.
- Rockin' the River, Bay City, MI July 7, 2023 - Gabby Barrett & Ashley McBryde, July 8, 2023 - Styx, July 21, 2023- 38 Special, July 22, 2023 - Here Come the Mummies. Get your tickets at the State Theatre, 913 Washington Ave, Bay City, MI 48708. There will be nine concerts for the Rockin’ the River Concerts in Wenonah Park. Get your tickets early. Plan ahead for: August 4, 2023 - Riot V, August 5, 2023 - Larry McCray’s Blue Festival, August 18, 2023 - Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, August 26, 2023 - Paul Young, Tommy Two Tone and Rick Springfield.
- Art In The Park, Plymouth, Michigan. This Plymouth Mi Art Fair is July 7, 8, 9, 2023. A signature Michigan event, Art In The Park welcomes over 400 artists with fabulous paintings, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, fiber, glass, woodwork, photography, folk art & much more. Friday 11:00 – 8:00 p.m. , Saturday 10:00 – 7:00 p.m. and Sunday 10:00 – 5:00 p.m. So come on out to Michigan’s 2nd largest art fair for a weekend long celebration of art, food, and fun!
- Manistique Folk Festival – Manistique, July 7-8, 2023. Downtown Manistique. The two-day event features music, food, vendors, and more!
- Camaro Superfest- 32nd Anniversary, July 7-8-9, 2023. By the Eastern Michigan Camaro Club. Camaro Superfest is the nation's largest, longest-running, and friendliest all-Camaro car show held at the Multi Lakes Conservation Club in Commerce Township, MI on Saturday and Sunday. Friday activities are available only to registered participants. Show hours are 9:00 am - 4:00 pm both days, with awards being presented Sunday afternoon at 2:00.
- The Mitten Vintage Market At Calder Plaza in Grand Rapids Michigan - July 8, 2023, 11 am – 5 pm. Attention vintage lovers! Get ready for the ultimate shopping experience at the super fun Grand Rapids Vintage Curated Market with 60 incredible vendors and delicious food trucks! You won't want to miss out on this one-of-a-kind event.
- Taco and Tequila Festival, July 8, 2023, 4 pm - 8 pm. Kalamazoo. Homer Stryker Field- Home of the Kalamazoo Growlers. Are you a HUGE taco lover? ME TOO! Expect the state's best tacos, the world's best tequilas, margaritas, cervezas, live music and fun activities
- Hippy Fest in the Village, July 8-9, 2023. Canterbury Village, Lake Orion, Michigan. Saturday, 10 am-5 pm | Sunday, 11am-5pm. Showcasing some of the best crafters with Hippie items, beers, cider, wine, food, and shopping for unique Hippie finds. The festival is fun for the entire family with live music, entertainment including magicians, Monster Truck show taking place at 3pm on both Saturday and Sunday, Monster Truck rides for children and more!
- Copper Country Strawberry Festival – Chassell, July 7-8, 2023.
- 61st Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff, Saturday, July 8, 2023 from 9 am – 6 pm and Sunday, July 9, 2023 from 10 am – 5 pm. This can't miss event brings together hundreds of artists and thousands of people in Southwest Michigan. We go to this show every year and it's exquisite. Tons of shade trees but be prepared to walk several block for parking.
- 54th Annual Charlevoix Art and Craft Show – Charlevoix, July 8, 2023 - July 9, 2023, Location: East Park, Downtown Charlevoix. Saturday, 10am - 6pm and Sunday, 10am - 4pm. You will find so many hand crafted items at this Michigan Art Show! Acrylic and oil paintings, sculpture, hand-blown glass beadwork, pottery, baskets, furniture, clothing & accessories, hand-woven rugs, quilted works and more!
- Lavender Harvest Festival At Lavender Lane. July 2023 TBD, 8 am - 4 pm, 12040 Plank Rd, Milan, MI. U pick lavender, food trucks, petting farm, riding ponies, and fun!
- Movies in the Park, St. Joseph, MI, July 9, 2023 - Clifford | Milton Park at 7:30pm. July 16, 2023 - Soul | Whirlpool Centennial Park at 7:30pm. July 30, 2023 - Space Jam | Kiwanis at 7:30pm.
- Mad Dogs and Englishmen's British Auto Faire, July 10, 2023, 9 am - 4:00 pm. Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners. Come out and enjoy the Mad Dogs and Englishmen’s 31st Annual British Car Faire! See over 350 motor cars and motorcycles and swap meet. This year's featured marque is the new MINI Cooper. Enjoy people's choice judging, car games on the oval track, valve cover racing, bagpipers, and British Tea Time! Awesome July Michigan car show!
- 2023 Garden Walk, July 11, 2023, Midland, MI. 2-7 p.m. Enjoy gardens throughout Midland as homeowners open their gardens for a citywide “garden walk” to help Reece Endeavor of Midland raise funds to provide housing for individuals with special needs in Midland County. Tickets can can be obtained by visiting www.reeceendeavor.org.
- Gaudy Giggles Family Paint Night - July 12, 2023 at 6:00 pm. Lavender Hill Farm, 7354 Horton Bay Rd N, Boyne City, MI. Fun night of family painting at the Farm. Discover, unlock, or revive your inner artist with step-by-step instruction on how to paint something beautiful for your family, friends, or wall at home.
- Lakes of Fire: Garden of Wonder will take place July 12 – 16, 2023. Lakes of Fire is the Great Lakes Region’s official Burning Man Regional Event. Lakes of Fire has primitive camping, porta-potties, potable water, and that’s it. Rely on yourself for your survival. Lucky Lake Campground3280 W. Winston Road, Montague, MI.
- Kindleberger Summer Festival of the Performing Arts, Wednesday, July 12 – Monday, July 17, 2023. The Stage at Kindleberger stands as one of Southwest Michigan’s great music venues. Each Kindleberger Summer Concert Series offers a diverse line-up of vibrant live music. Exciting family-friendly fun at Parchment’s beautiful Kindleberger Park.
- Funtown Chowdown Food Truck Festival Frankenmuth, 2023. It’s time for the Funtown Chowdown, Frankenmuth’s Annual Food Truck Festival at Frankenmuth River Place Shops! The fun takes place in the parking lot east of the shopping complex on the second Thursday of the month July 13, 2023; August 10, 2023 and September 14, 2023.
Featuring 20 food trucks from across Michigan, a beer tent with both Michigan & national craft breweries, live music & fun activities for the whole family! Pop on down to Frankenmuth River Place Shops (925 South Main Street, Frankenmuth, MI). Such a fun outdoor July Michigan event. Admission: FREE, Time: 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Support food trucks from across Michigan! Chowdown is is one of our favorite things to do in Michigan in July!
- Celebration of Brass III, Gilmore Car Museum, Fri, July 13 - July 18, 2023. The “A Celebration of Brass” show is for pre-1916 autos and includes a driving tour. Premier event for the Brass Era cars!
- Blissfield River Raisin Festival – Blissfield, July 13-15, 2023. No admission fee to the River Raisin Festival and the stage entertainment as well as many children's activities are available free. Expanded Kids' Corner • Tractor Pulls • Softball Tournament • Carnival • Crafts • FREE Entertainment • Pedal Tractor Pulls • Concessions • Water Ball Tournament • Living History Re-Enactors • FIREWORKS! • 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament • Shopping & Specialty Shops • Dining
- Kid Rock 'No Snowflakes Summer Concert' at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit on July 14th, 2023. Legendary Michigan band Grand Funk Railroad will be performing with Kid Rock at Little Caesars Arena.
- Faster Horses Festival, Michigan International Speedway, July 14,15, 16, 2023. Country music festival and camping. 12626 US-12, Brooklyn, MI. Incredible music line up this year!
- Paranormal Lighthouse Tours, Recurring weekly on Friday at Marquette Maritime Museum and Lighthouse, Marquette, Michigan with Yooper Paranormal. July 2023 TBD at 7pm-8:30pm. What a fun Paranormal Tour of the Marquette Harbor Lighthouse! Buy your tickets ahead of time. 18 and over only.
- Blake's Lavender Market, July 14-16, 2023. Blake's Orchard & Cider Mill, 17985 Armada Center Rd, Armada, MI. Featuring a lovely lavender market with 200+ local artisans. Sip on a refreshing lavender lemonade or ice cream while enjoying a homemade lavender treat. FREE classes, speakers and demonstrations on topics such as natural wellness, aromatherapy, farming and gardening, benefits of local honey and more! DIY make and take workshops with lavender, Children’s activity tent, U-pick lavender, fruits, and vegetables. FREE train ride to the lavender field. Lavender infused food and drinks including lavender lemonade, ice cream, cupcakes, donuts, and more! Buy early bird tickets to save money!
- Art in the Park, Saturday, July 15, 2023 from 10 AM – 5 PM. For the 37th year, over 100 booths will grace Pennsylvania Park, with items ranging from pottery to jewelry, from paintings to photographs, and much more. Fun July Michigan art fair!
- Market at Emerson Park 2023, 1300 W Main St, Midland, MI 48640, Saturday, July 15, 2023 at 10 AM – 5 PM. The canopy offers respite from the summer sun, while perusing amazing handmade goods, indulging in the best local food trucks, and being serenaded by local musicians. This is an event you wont want to miss.
- Monster Truck Throwdown is back for 2 nights – Friday July 14, 2023 and Saturday July 15, 2023. Startsat 7:00pm at Ionia Grandstand, 317 S Dexter Rd, Ionia, MI.
- Michigan Honey Festival - The Michigan Honey Festival is an educational venue to get people together to learn about honeybees and honey, no matter what their skills or knowledge. Held July 15 & 16, 2023. $5.00 cash/vehicle/day entry. Location: 2900 Hibbard Rd. Corunna, MI 48817
- 49th annual Richland
Art Fair on Saturday, July 15, 2023 from 9 am to 4 pm at its newer location at
Gull Meadow Farms (GMF), 8544 Gull Road, Richland, MI. The fair will feature
a variety of fine artwork and original handcrafts.
Chris and I love this July Michigan art show, we have attended several times!
- Frankenmudder, July 2023 TBD, Frankenmuth. Get dirty for a cause!! This three mile boot-camp style mud run is a fundraiser for Michigan's Military and Space Heroes Museum.
- Cass River Living History Encampment, July 15 and 16, 2023, Frankenmuth. Free at Frankenmuth River Place Shops Field. Experience an encampment of historical reenactors representing the many eras of America’s history during this free educational and family-friendly event at Frankenmuth River Place Shops! Visit and tour military camps ranging from the French & Indian War through the Revolutionary War, and shop at historical vendors. Flag-raising ceremonies, fashion shows with military uniforms on display, musical concerts, authentic battle skirmishes and demonstrations featuring cannons, artillery and weapons.
- Blues and Brews, Round Barn Winery & Estate, Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 11:00 am - 6:00 pm. Embrace those warm summer afternoons with a Blues & Brews music experience! Enjoy summer by relaxing and enjoying the smooth rhythmic beats of classic blues music while sipping on your favorite Round Barn brews.
- Corvette and Camaro Show, Gilmore Car Museum, July 16, 2023. From C1 to C8 Corvettes, and every generation of the Camaro pony car, this newly combined show is all about Chevrolet Performance. 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Annual Corvette Envy Show & Swap Meet. As an added bonus, make sure to step into the museum’s Main Gallery to check out their brand new Corvette exhibit - Greatest Generation: Corvette! Included in the exhibit are some of the rarest and most unique Corvettes in the country. We will be at this fun July Michigan Corvette show!
- Kids' Summer DIY Craft Camp - July 17 - 21, 2023 (9am-12pm): Christmas in July (think gifts, Santa, and red/green!). August 7 - 11, 2023 (9am - 12pm): Me, Myself, & I (think personalized projects and favorites!) Hammer & Stain West Michigan, 3901 Chicago Dr, SW Suite 109, Grandville, MI. Perfect way for your kids (7+) to get creative this summer! One to two crafts per day! Check their website for more info and to book!
- Love Kayaking? Go Kayaking on the Chippewa River! Chippewa Nature Center, Midland, MI. I love spending an evening paddling down the Chippewa River! You will be guided by a naturalist as you look for turtles, fish, herons, hawks, deer and eagles. After meeting at the Visitor Center, you'll travel to the Universal Access Site on Chippewa River Rd in a CNC van. You'll learn basic paddling techniques too, so don't worry if you are new to kayaking! I embark on at least two padding trips each summer and absolutely love this July Michigan activity! Reservations required.
2023 LPGA Tour, July 17-22, 2023. Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational in Midland, MI. The LPGA Tour and Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational experience: See the world's best female golfers, feast on Eat Great Food Festival flavors, travel the Eat Great Hospitality Trail, and explore the regional culinary and craft beer scene during Eat Great Restaurant Week! Awesome July Michigan event! Midland Country Club.
- Ann Arbor Art Fair, July 20 – 22, 2023. Outstanding art show that is actually 4 fairs. We have gone to this show every year for around 12 years! Crazy hot but crazy good! It's one of our favorite July Michigan events! Thursday, July 20 • 10AM – 9PM, Friday, July 21 • 10AM – 9PM and Saturday, July 22 • 10AM – 8PM.
- Hot Air Jubilee, July 21, 22 & 23, 2023 at Ella Sharp Park in Jackson, MI. Very engaging family July Michigan event!
- Michigan Brewers Guild Summer Beer Festival 2023, Riverside Park, Ypsilanti, Michigan, Friday, July 21, 2023 - 5pm to 9pm ($50 in advance, $60 day of and at the gate) Saturday, July 22, 2023 - 1pm to 6pm ($55 in advance, $65 day of and at the gate if available). Meet several of Michigan's finest breweries sampling hundreds of fresh, local Michigan beers. Food is available for purchase inside the festival, and guests can enjoy live music from a variety of Michigan bands.
- Mopars at the Red Barn - Gilmore Car Museum, Sat, July 22, 2023. West Michigan’s largest all-Chrysler products show. Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth and Mopar muscle – oh my!
- Music Festival at Uncle Johns, July 22, 2023, 9:00 am-6:00 pm. Live music, food trucks and fun! Can you say BBQ?!
- Mt. Brighton Country Music Festival - A new country music festival will be held from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. July 22, 2023 at Mt. Brighton, a ski and snowboarding venue in Genoa Township near Brighton. The festival will feature country bands, food trucks and a look-a-like contest based on the hit TV show "Yellowstone" is coming to the Brighton area this summer!
- 9th Annual Grow Benzie Bayou: Blues & Zydeco Fundraiser, Elberta MI, Friday, July 28, 2023. 4:00pm-11:00pm. Enjoy listening to renowned musicians perform blues, jazz, and zydeco music with food vendors cooking up tasty southern style cuisine. Elberta Amphitheater located at Elberta Waterfront Park: 1120 Furnace Street, Elberta, MI 49628. We recommend bringing blankets and beach chairs for the grassy, amphitheater seating. Ticket prices include admission to the event.
- Tractor Show at Gilmore Car Museum, Fri, July 28 & Sat, July 29, 2023. Vintage tractor parades, farm machinery
displays, and live sawmill demonstrations,
with the Kalamazoo Valley Antique Engine &
May through September are prime flower picking months! Find Michigan Flower Farms near you for u pick...glorious tulips, daisies, poppies, mums, sunflowers, lavender!
July is Michigan Blueberry Picking Season! Great Activity for Kids!
- Wild Thyme Music Festival, July 28 - 30, 2023, Music, workshops, camping, music, food and vendors. Fat Blossom Farm, 2086 20th Street, Allegan, MI
- 33rd Yale Bologna Festival, July 28-30, 2023. Each July, Yale (located in Michigan's thumb, just north of Port Huron) closes its city streets and transforms into a Bologna party! 20,000 Bologna party-goers draws people from all around Michigan as well as other states to crown the next King and Queen of Bologna. The Bologna Festival events include the famous outhouses races, street dance, fireworks and a parade down Main Street that continues to grow each year. The Big Bologna Parade is on Saturday, July 29, 2023. Seriously, how can you not go to this awesome July Michigan festival? Things to do in nearby Port Huron.
- Blueberry Festival, Friday, July 28, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. in Downtown Marquette. Washington and Front streets will be bustling with sidewalk sales during 2023’s Blueberry Festival. Downtown restaurants will satisfy your cravings for blueberry fare, from blueberry pizza to blueberry beer, while many downtown shops offer will offer “blue” specials. Local vendors will be on-hand throughout the day selling mounds of fresh blueberries. We love this July Michigan blueberry festival! Make it a Michigan weekend getaway and attend the Annual Art on the Rocks Fine Art Show too (mentioned below). Grab out Things to do in Marquette MI guide.
- The 63rd Annual Art on the Rocks Fine Art Show – Marquette, Michigan, Saturday, July 29 and Sunday, July 30, 2023 at Mattson Lower Harbor Park in Marquette, Michigan. Make it a Michigan weekend getaway and attend the Blueberry Festival too (mentioned directly above)
- Made in Cheboygan Summer Craft Show, Saturday, July 29 and Sunday, July 30, 2023. Washington Park, Cheboygan, MI. Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 10am-3pm.
- The City of Ionia Fireworks will be on June 29, 2023 at the fairgrounds. They will go off at dusk. 317 S Dexter St, Ionia, MI 48846
- Grand Haven Coastguard Festival, July 28-August 6, 2023, 113 N 2nd St, Grand Haven, MI. See Aeroforce (Aerosmith Tribute Band), Simply Queen (Queen Tribue Band), Rock n Hop and so much more this year! This is a fantastic July Michigan festival to attend with family and friends. Carnival, concerts, grand parade, kid's events, craft fair, ship tours, car show and more! One of the largest July Michigan festivals! **Grab our Grand Haven Coastguard Festival guide with the schedule, parade routes, things to do!
- Leilapalooza Music Festival 2023, July 29, 2023. Battle Creek’s biggest music event returns! This will be a FREE event that is open to the public. Parking is $10. This small parking fee helps contribute to the Leila Arboretum Society, and to ensure future events like this can continue.
- Visit Dahlia Hill- (free) 2809 Orchard Dr, Midland, MI, View eight exquisite terraces planted yearly with 3,000 dahlias - over 300 varieties late July through October. A favorite July Michigan event! ;)
We hope you enjoy our exciting July Michigan events and ideas of fun things to do!
- Antique Fire Muster- July 29, 2023. Antique fire trucks will be on display in the Heritage Park. Don't miss the exciting parade through downtown Frankenmuth on Saturday morning. Location: Heritage Park, 601 Weiss Street.
- Village Square Art Fair-Saugatuck, Saturday, July 29, 2023, 10 am to 5 pm at Village Square Downtown Saugatuck. Corner of Butler and Main Streets, Saugatuck.
- 50th Island Art Fair, July 29, 2023, Grand Ledge, MI. Grand Ledge Island Park. Summertime finds the Island on the Grand River bustling with vendors and shoppers during their annual Island Art Fair. Stroll the Island for music, food, beverages, 150 arts/crafts booths, Michigan authors, entertainment. No vehicles are allowed on the Island but there is free parking available very close by the entrance to the bridge to the Island. Grand Princess Riverboat not available 2023.
- Artisan Market at Round Barn Winery & Estate in Baroda, MI. Sunday, July 30, 2023 | 11:00 am - 6:00 pm. Enjoy a day sipping, shopping, and supporting local small businesses. Enjoy amazing handmade goods.
- Kalamazoo Summer Salsa Cook off! July 2023 TBD The annual Salsa Cook-Off is your chance to explore Downtown Kalamazoo while sampling their best salsa recipes and voting for your favorites. Salsa sampling will be available at over 20 shops and restaurants starting at the Consumers Credit Union on the Kalamazoo Mall (125 S. Kalamazoo Mall). See more things to do in Kalamazoo!
- Keepsake Arts and Crafts Shows:
- July 29, 30, 31, 2022 - Frankenmuth, Zehnder Park
- August 19, 20, 21, 2022 - Frankenmuth, Zehnder Park
- August 27, 28, 2022 - Uncle Johns Cider Mill
- September 16, 17, 18, 2022. Frankenmuth, Zehnder Park
- October SVSU (tentative)
- November 12, 2022 - Morey Courts
- December 3, 4, 2022 - Clarkston High School
- December 10, 2022 - Horizons Conference Center
Awesome July Michigan Activities for Kids!
When summer hits, sometimes it's hard to plan activities and fun for the kids! We have some great fun things to do for kids this summer!
Kids and Teens Summer Series: Chef School. Sur La Table, 3050 Washtenaw Ave #109, Ann Arbor, MI. Calling all kid chefs! Ages 7 to 11 and 12-17 to learn some cooking skills! Your kids will get plenty of hands-on practice rolling fresh pasta dough and more! Lots of classes June, July and August.
Kids' Summer DIY Craft Camp - June 19-23, 2023 (12pm-3pm): Party in the USA (think red, white, & blue, and parties!), July 17 - 21, 2023 (9am-12pm): Christmas in July (think gifts, Santa, and red/green!). August 7 - 11, 2023 (9am - 12pm): Me, Myself, & I (think personalized projects and favorites!) Hammer & Stain West Michigan, 3901 Chicago Dr, SW Suite 109, Grandville, MI. Perfect way for your kids (7+) to get creative this summer! One to two crafts per day! Check their website for more info and to book!
It's Michigan County Fair Time!
If you LOVE fairs and carnivals as much as we do, be sure to grab our HUGE list of Michigan fairs and carnivals! Don't miss out on funnel cakes, Ferris wheel rides and baby goats!
Don't miss a moment of July Michigan events and fun! Join our newsletter to have events and fun delivered directly to your inbox!
What Michigan Events Are Coming Up Next?
Disclaimer: Please be sure to visit a particular event's website to verify dates, times, happenings and details. We make every possible effort to be verify these the event details but as we are human, mistakes can occur and event dates/times can change. If you see an error below, PLEASE let us know and we will correct it.
Event Centers in Michigan
Still bored? Don't forget to check these Michigan event centers/theaters/auditoriums across Michigan for concerts, events, shows or comedy entertainment!
Here are a few Michigan event centers to inspire you!
- Cobo Hall-Detroit
- Midland Center for the Arts-Midland
- Dow Gardens-Midland
- Kalamazoo State Theatre
- Fire Keepers Casino
- Soaring Eagle Casino-Mt. Pleasant
- Wings Event Center-Kalamazoo
- Miller Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Civic Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Chenery Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Kellogg Arena-Battle Creek
- LMC Mendel Center-Benton Harbor
- Franke Center for the Arts-Marshall
- The Bob-Grand Rapids
- Van Andel-Grand Rapids
- Devos Place-Grand Rapids
- Dow Event Center-Saginaw
Being bored sucks! Never miss another event! Join our network of Traveling Michigan Explorers! Be a part of this amazing community of travelers!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Check Out Our Traveling Michigan Videos on Youtube!
Check out our off-road Keweenaw Peninsula adventures on YouTube!
You May Also Like...
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...