The Best August Michigan Things To Do!
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2019 August Michigan events and fun things to do in Michigan for families, couples and friends! Grab our 21 Boredom Zapping Ideas!
Destinations: Detroit, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Traverse City, Charlevoix, Houghton, Midland, Alpena, South Haven, St. Joseph and more!
August Michigan events are full swing! BBQ's, picnics, hiking, fireworks, boating, sailing and exploring is at its max!
Traveling Michigan in August is absolutely stunning as our State Parks are lush and green, our lakes are warm and sparkling, and our state is RIPE for discovery!
Farm markets, zoos, beach towns, festivals and museums are waiting for your visit. Let's travel Michigan together!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our August adventures! We hope you enjoy our August Michigan events and fun things to do!
And as always, if you have August Michigan events that you would like listed, let us know here!
Get ready to pick blueberries in late July through August!!
THE BEST August Michigan Events-2019
There are so many awesome August Michigan things to see, do and explore!! No way you will be bored traveling Michigan this summer!
- Dahlia Hill-2809 Orchard Dr, Midland, MI, View eight exquisite terraces planted yearly with 3,000 dahlias - over 300 varieties late July through October. A favorite August Michigan event! ;) Free to visit and the gardens are maintained by volunteers!
- Grand Haven Coastguard Fest, July 26-August 4, 2019, 113 N 2nd St, Grand Haven, MI. Tons of concerts, cardboard boat races, food and more!
- Kalamazoo Ribfest! August 1-3, 2019, Kalamazoo, Arcadia Creek Festival Place. There is a fee to enter in the evening- we love this festival! Super fun to pop in for lunch with your co-workers to dispute who has the best ribs!
- Midland Riverdays + Midland Balloon Fest, Midland, August 1-3, 2019! Activities include three days of music, food, entertainment, hot air balloons, and activities for all ages. Enjoy kayaking, zipline, concerts, a beer tent and so much more. Here's the schedule!
- Kalamazoo Rib Fest, August 1-3, 2019, Arcadia Creek Festival Place (downtown Kalamazoo)
- Michigan Lighthouse Festival-August 2, 3, 4, 2019. Buffet bbq under a tent at the Fort Gratiot Lighthouse in Port Huron, arts and crafts and boat tours!!
- Red Barns Spectacular Car Show and Swap Meet, Aug 3, 2019, Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Glad-Peach Festival, August 2-4, 2019, Downtown Coloma, Mi
- Tawas Bay Riverfront Fine Arts Festival, August 4, 2019, 10 am-4 pm,Shoreline Park, Tawas City, Across from Iosco County Building
- Kalamazoo County Youth Fair, August 6-10, 2019, Expo Center at 2900 Lake St, Kalamazoo, MI
- National Blueberry Festival and Craft Fair, August 8-11, 2019, South Haven, MI Music, wine and beer tent, farm days and blueberry everything!!
- Urban Salvage Vintage Market, August 10-11, 2019 at 9-4 pm. Bay City Veteran's Memorial Park. $5 entry fee.
- Czaika’s Blueberry Farm-a U-PICK farm south of Tawas City. The bushes are a mid-height variety which usually ripens late July into early August.
- Tour the Tawas Point Lighthouse-Tawas, Every Tuesday in June, July and August, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, the Friends of the Tawas Point Lighthouse and State Park will be welcoming visitors to the lighthouse for a donation. Visitors are free to tour the lighthouse, ask questions, and climb the tower. A Recreation Passport is required to enter the State Park.
- Blueberry Festival Craft Fair, August 10, 2019, Saturday 10 am-5 pm and
Sunday 10 am-4 pm, South Haven
- Calhoun County Fair, August 11-17th, Calhoun County Fairgrounds Marshall, Michigan.
- Sunflower Day, Aug. 17, 2019 at Red Egg Farm, 9123 Spring Arbor Rd, Spring Arbor, MI
- Berrien County Youth Fair, August 12-17, 2019, Berrien County Fairgrounds, Berrien Springs, Michigan.
- Midland County Fair, Aug 11-17, 2019, Midland MI
- Keepsake Arts and Crafts Show, Fri, Aug 16 – Sun, Aug 18, 2019, Zehnder Park, 959 Flint St, Frankenmuth, MI. Fun August Michigan Things to do!
- Michigan Fiberfest, Aug 14 – Aug 18, 2019, Allegan County Fairgrounds, 150 Douglas St, Allegan, MI.
- Wild Blueberry Festival, August 16-18, 2019, Paradise, Michigan. Arts and Crafts Fair, Blueberry Jamboree, Entertainment and food!!! Visit www.wildblueberryfestival.org for more info!
- Annual Boat Walk, August 17, 2019, Michigan Maritime Museum, South Haven, Michigan, 12-4 p.m.
- Annual Chicken Wing Thing, August 17, 2019, Dark Horse Brewery, Marshall, MI, 2-11:30 p.m
- Woodward Dream Cruise, Aug 17, 9 AM – 9 PM, Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI. The Woodward Dream Cruise is the world’s largest one-day celebration of classic car culture that attracts over 1 million visitors, and more than 40,000 muscle cars, street rods, custom, collector and special interest vehicles.
- Chalk Walk Art Festival, August 17, 2019, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. 901 N Water St., Bay City, Michigan
- Relix Riot Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Show, August 17, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm, Gilmore Car Museum, 6865 W Hickory Rd, Hickory Corners, MI
- Lunch in Lavender, Lavender Hill Farm, 7354 Horton Bay Rd N., Boyne City, MI. August 21, 2019 at 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM. Purchase tickets early! Visit the Petoskey Chamber website for more info.
- Appledore Dinner Sails, 107 5th St, Bay City, MI Sail the Saginaw Bay! Enjoy the sails, the sunset, and a delicious catered dinner. Friday night sails feature a light BBQ dinner and run from 6p – 9p. Saturday night Dinner Sails are four hours long and many feature live entertainment!
- Michigan Renaissance Festival, (weekends and labor day only) Holly Michigan. Weekends & Labor Day • 10am - 7pm, Aug. 17 - Sept. 29 • Festival Friday, Sept. 27, 2019. Located at 12600 Dixie Hwy., Holly, MI. This is one heck of a great event, we have gone many times!
- Cadillac Made in Michigan Artisan and Farm Market, August 23, 2019 @ 8:00 am- 4:30 pm. Join us at the new Market Place building next to the Cadillac City Park! Unique, enjoyable shopping experience for all!
- 28th Street Metro Cruise, August 23 and 24, 2019. Bring your lawn chairs and sit back while awesome vehicle parade by on 28th St. in Grand Rapids.
- Balloons Over Bellaire, August 23 - August 24, 2019. Bring your camera to see 20+ hot air balloonists over Shanty Creek and Bellaire. Come on out to the slopes of Summit Mountain behind the Lakeview Hotel from 6-8 pm on Friday and Saturday evenings as teams of balloonists take flight. With Lake Bellaire’s backdrop the sky will come alive with color! Attendance and parking is free! Enter through the Conference Center (north entrance) of the hotel. More Info!
- Kalamazoo Balloon Fest, August 23-25, 2019, Gull Meadow Farms, Richland, MI.
- Summerfest, August 23-25, 2019, Downtown Hastings. Come out to enjoy Arts and Crafts, Saturday’s parade, Sunday’s Car Show, and the ongoing entertainment. Several sports tournaments and a 5/10k run/walk.
- Taste of Downtown Bay City, August 24 at 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm, 1309 S Farragut St, Bay City, MI
- Backyard Burgers and Brewfest, August 24, Festival Market Square, Battle Creek, MI, 6-11 p.m FREE!
- Allegan Antiques, August 25, 2019, 150 Douglas St, Allegan, MI, over 200 vendors!! 8-4 p.m., $4 admission, free parking. It's a blast!
We hope you enjoy our exciting August Michigan events and ideas of fun things to do!
Don't miss a moment of August Michigan events and fun! Join our newsletter to have events and fun delivered directly to your inbox!
What Michigan Events Are Coming Up Next?
Disclaimer: Please be sure to visit a particular event's website to verify dates, times, happenings and details. We make every possible effort to be verify these the event details but as we are human, mistakes can occur and event dates/times can change. If you see an error below, PLEASE let us know and we will correct it.
Event Centers in Michigan
Still bored? Don't forget to check these Michigan event centers/theaters/auditoriums across Michigan for concerts, events, shows or comedy entertainment!
Here are a few Michigan event centers to inspire you!
- Cobo Hall-Detroit
- Midland Center for the Arts-Midland
- Dow Gardens-Midland
- Kalamazoo State Theatre
- Fire Keepers Casino
- Soaring Eagle Casino-Mt. Pleasant
- Wings Event Center-Kalamazoo
- Miller Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Civic Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Chenery Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Kellogg Arena-Battle Creek
- LMC Mendel Center-Benton Harbor
- Franke Center for the Arts-Marshall
- The Bob-Grand Rapids
- Van Andel-Grand Rapids
- Devos Place-Grand Rapids
- Dow Event Center-Saginaw
Being bored sucks! Never miss another event! Join our network of Traveling Michigan Explorers! Be a part of this amazing community of travelers!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Check Out Our Traveling Michigan Videos on Youtube!
Check out our off-road Keweenaw Peninsula adventures on YouTube!
You May Also Like...
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
Traveling Michigan Home Page