The Ultimate 2023 Guide of August Michigan Events, Summer Festivals, Fairs, Farmer's Markets, Sunflower Festivals, Art Fairs, Music and Best Things to Do in Michigan This Weekend With Kids (+Music and Blueberry Festivals This Summer)
The Ultimate 2023 Guide of August Michigan Events, Summer Festivals, Fairs, Farmer's Markets, Sunflower Festivals, Art Fairs and Best Things to Do in Michigan This Weekend With Kids (+Music and Blueberry Festivals This Summer)
By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Last updated: August 8, 2023
August Michigan events are full swing! BBQ's, picnics, hiking, fireworks, blueberry festivals, boating, sailing and exploring is at its max! Plus, there are lots of festivals in Michigan and lots of summer events! So grab our August calendar of events!
Traveling Michigan in August is absolutely stunning as our State Parks are lush and green, our lakes are warm and sparkling, and our state is RIPE for discovery!
Farm markets, zoos, beach towns, festivals and museums are waiting for your visit. Let's travel Michigan together! There are so many things to do in Michigan in August this weekend!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our August Michigan adventures! We hope you enjoy our August Michigan events and fun things to do this weekend!
Get ready to pick blueberries July through mid August!!
What is there to do in August Michigan for 2023?
There are so many summer events in August Michigan! Blueberry festivals, live music, sidewalk sales, rib festivals, Woodward Dream Cruise and car shows galore! Plus, August is ripe for picking blueberries and peaches! Keep reading to see what there is to do in Michigan in August!
THE BEST August Michigan Events-2023
Michigan Summer Events Continuing From Previous Months...
There are so many awesome August Michigan things to see, do and explore!! No way you will be bored traveling Michigan this summer! Lots of events happening this August!
- Rollin’ on the River, Fridays, June 9 - August 25, 2023 | 6:30pm-9:30pm. Start every weekend of summer with live music on the Allegan Riverfront! Rollin’ on the River is a free, weekly Friday night concert series on the Allegan Riverfront Stage featuring touring musicians from across the country. Two hours of live music starts at 7pm. Add this fun family friendly activity to your August calendar of events!
- Celebrate the Children - Sculptures by Gary Lee Price at Dow Gardens, Midland Michigan. May 15 - September 30, 2023. Come play and explore the whimsical and imaginative world of artist See 24 of Gary Lee Price's crafted bronze sculptures throughout the gardens! Fun things to do in Michigan in August 2023.
- Middleville Market - Every Friday, Mid-May through Mid-October, 3:00pm-7:00 pm at the Middleville Community Pavilion, 91 E. Main Street. Fun August Michigan market!
- Lillian Schwartz: Whirlwind of Creativity, Open through January 1, 2024 at the Henry Ford Museum. Multimedia artist known for experimental films, animation videos and computer-aided art analysis. Lillian was an early adopter of computer-generated art in the late 1960s.
- Skip's European Farmers Market, Open each Saturday and Sunday – 9 am to 3 pm – May 20 thru October 8, 2023. Great locally produced vegetables, fruits, jellies, jams, salsas, bread, maple syrup, homemade soaps, cut flowers, potted plants, eggs, cheeses, pastries, meats, sausages, fresh-made food products, art, jewelry, clothing and more will be available at New Buffalo European Farmers Market at Skip’s Restaurant. 16710 Lakeshore Rd (corner of Red Arrow Highway and Lakeshore Road), just north of New Buffalo.
- Movies Under the Stars, DDA Amphitheater at Sesquicentennial Park, Middleville, MI. Held the second Saturday of the month, June-August, 8:30 pm. Local churches provide free concessions and admission to the show is free.
- Self-Guided Saturdays of the Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow house named "The Pines"- Dow Gardens, Midland, Michigan. First Saturday of the Month, March - November, 11 a.m.–1 p.m. The Pines is a National Historic Landmark and is filled with treasures, collected by the Dow family. Visit the music room to see a casket-style music box, see Herbert’s favorite chair by the fireplace and enjoy seeing the Dow children's favorite books. Reservations recommended. The building is not handicap accessible. Tours last approximately one hour and will include stairs. Adults - $5.00 + admission. Children $3.00 + admission. Children (under 5) are free.
- Dahlia Hill-2809 Orchard Dr, Midland, MI, View eight exquisite terraces planted yearly with 3,000 dahlias - over 300 varieties late July through October. A favorite August Michigan event! ;) Free to visit and the gardens are maintained by volunteers!
- Steamboat Park Live Music Cruises, Public cruises will begin in mid-June 2023 through most of September. Come aboard The Grand Lady for Live Music Cruises, Sightseeing Cruises, and Private Charters on the Grand River. The Riverboat is located just minutes from downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, at Steamboat Park. 825 Taylor St, Jenison, MI 49428 (Grand Rapids). Fun August Michigan event for the whole family!
- Tours of the Historic Dougherty Mission House, Location: Peter Dougherty Mission House, 18459 Mission Rd. Traverse City, MI. Awesome August Michigan event! This home was built in 1842 by Reverend Peter Dougherty, a Presbyterian minister, with the help of a Chippewa village headed by Chief Aghosa.
- Live Music at St. Ambrose Cellars, Throughout the month of August, 841 Pioneer Rd. Beulah, MI 49617. Check their website for dates and times. So many fun things to do in Michigan!
- Historic Biking Tours of Sleeping Bear, Throughout August, Time: 9:30 am – 12:00, check their website for booking and dates. Miles: Approx. 5.5 miles, See the gorgeous cultural landscape of Sleeping Bear Dunes while riding the Heritage Trail and scenic, rural roads of Port Oneida past farms and pastures. You will stop at seven locations of interest, see unique views of Lake Michigan, and get inside some of the farm buildings.
Other tours include: Farm to Farm Bike Tour, Biking Through Time: Glen Arbor to Glen Haven and Off the Beaten Path: Bike and Hike. This is one of our favorite things to do in Michigan in August.
- Tall Ship Manitou Sails - So many different cruises to choose; Moomers Ice Cream Cruise, Evening Sails, Brunch Cruises, Dinner Sails and more! Book on line for May, June, July, August and September sailing dates. 13258 S West Bay Shore Dr. Traverse City, MI. Visit their website to book!
- Bike the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail! If you have your own bike (or you can rent one from "The Cyclery"), ride the hard-surfaced, non-motorized, multi-use trail reaching 22 miles between Empire and through Glen Arbor up to Bohemia Road. This trail connects Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore attractions and the town of Glen Arbor.
- Old Mission Peninsula Wine & Beer Join-In Tours, Traverse City Wine and Beer Tours, Enjoy a 4-hour join-in tour on Old Mission Peninsula with stops for wine and hard cider. Location: Traverse City Wine & Beer Tours, 891 Industrial Cir. Traverse City, MI. Check their website for booking, pricing and details. Fun August Michigan Things to do!
- Guided Historic Walking Tours of Grand Traverse Commons, Tours at Grand Traverse Commons are available year ’round rain or shine. Location: The Village at Grand Traverse Commons. 830 Cottageview Drive, Ste 101,Traverse City, MI. Tour schedules vary by day; check website for schedule. So many fun things to do in Traverse City Michigan!
August Michigan Events and Fun Things To Do!
- Grand Haven Coastguard Festival, July 28-August 6, 2023, 113 N 2nd St, Grand Haven, MI. See Aeroforce (Aerosmith Tribute Band), Simply Queen (Queen Tribue Band), Rock n Hop and so much more this year! This is a fantastic July Michigan festival to attend with family and friends. Carnival, concerts, grand parade, kid's events, craft fair, ship tours, car show and more! Add this fun family friendly activity to your August calendar of events!
So many Michigan Sunflower Festivals! <----Grab Our Guide!
- Leaman's Sunflower Days - August 7-10, 2023, Buy your tickets early as several days are already sold out. Leaman's Green Apple Barn, 7475 N. River Rd, Freeland MI
- Elk Rapids Harbor Days, August 2-August 5, 2023, Elk Rapids. Craft show, car shoe, fireworks and more! Fun August Michigan event!
- Nautical Festival, August 1-August 6, 2023, Rogers City, Michigan. Grand parade, carnival, fireworks (Sunday), Big Tent, live bands, clowns, antique and Classic Car Show (Saturday) and juried arts and crafts show on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Fun festivals in Michigan 2023.
- St. Andrew's Society of Detroit Highland Games, August 2 and 3, 2024. St. Andrew’s Society of Detroit’s Ceilidh is Metro Detroit’s premier Scottish concert. Come see highland dance, heavy athletic games, pipes and drums and so much more! St. Andrew’s Society of Detroit
2363 Rochester Road, Troy, MI 48083
- Boyne Falls Polish Festival, August 3, 4, 5, 6, 2023 Boyne Falls. Polka tent, carnival, games, parade, mud run. So much fun!
- Traverse City Downtown Street Sale, August 3, 2023, Downtown Traverse City, MI 49684, 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM. There are so many fun things to do in Traverse City during this August Michigan event. Plan your next Michigan vacation in Traverse City!
- Midland Riverdays + Midland Balloon Fest, Midland, August 3-6, 2023, Activities include three days of music, food, entertainment, hot air balloons, and activities for all ages. Enjoy kayaking, zipline, concerts, a beer tent and so much more. See more fun things to do in Midland, MI!
August has a TON of Michigan music festivals, check out the dates, line ups and events near you!
- Blue Water SandFest in Port Huron (Michigan's ThumbCoast!) August 4, 2023 - August 6, 2023, begins at 10:00 am at 2802 Omar St. Port Huron, MI 48060. The Blue Water SandFest is Michigan's first and only master sand sculpting and advanced amateur competitions and festival. Very cool sand sculptures! Fun festivals in Michigan 2023.
- Rockin' the River, Bay City, MI. August 4, 2023 - Riot V, August 5, 2023 - Larry McCray’s Blue Festival, August 18, 2023 - Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, August 26, 2023 - Paul Young, Tommy Two Tone and Rick Springfield. State Theatre, 913 Washington Ave, Bay City, MI 48708. Rockin’ the River Concerts in Wenonah Park. Get your tickets early.
It's getting hot in here! July and August are the best months to go tubing and cool off! Grab the kids and our MEGA LIST of the Best Places to go Tubing in Michigan!
- RIOT V - Live in Wenonah Park, Bay City, August 4, 2023, Admission: $20.00, 800 North Water Street, Bay City. Time: 7:00 PM
- Frankenmuth Flower Festival (grab our guide), August 4, 2023-August 6, 2023. Grandpa Tiny's Farm, 7775 Weiss Street, Frankenmuth, MI. A not-to-be-missed event, I go every year! It's a fun celebration of Frankenmuth's floral season. Enjoy garden tours, flower and art vendors, food, entertainment, tethered hot air balloon rides, petting farm, and beautiful displays. Awesome August Michigan event!
- Westview Orchards and Winery's Annual Sunflower Days - August 2023 TDB. General Admission Open Daily 10 am -5 pm. Friday Night Sunset General Admission 6-9 pm. Fee. 65075 Van Dyke, Washington, MI.
- Allen Park Arts and Crafts Street Fair, August 4-5, 2023. 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Allen Road from Southfield and Roosevelt. Art, food and fun! This annual community event attracts over 50,000 visitors to downtown Allen Park. The event features 200 arts and craft vendors from across the United States, two stages of live bands and eighteen food vendors.
- Annual Havana Nights Summer Charity Soiree, August 2023 TBD, 6 PM - 11 PM | 21+ Event, hosted at Roostertail, 100 Marquette Drive, Detroit, MI. This summer edition of the Little Black Dress Charity Soiree, this unique indoor/outdoor gaming and garden party will feature hot Latin fusion music, Monte Carlo style casino games with cold summer themed cocktails, beer and wine!
- Marine City Maritime Days, August 4-6, 2023 Marine City, MI. Chicken Splat Bingo (Yikes!), cutest pet contest, cutest baby contest, music, arts and crafts show, queen contest, car show, sidewalk chalk art contest and more.
- Kalamazoo Ribfest! August 4-5, 2023. Kalamazoo, Arcadia Creek Festival Place. There is a fee to enter in the evening- we love this festival! Super fun to pop in for lunch with your co-workers to dispute who has the best ribs! Fun festivals in Michigan 2023.
- Coloma Glad-Peach Festival, August 5-6, 2023. The Coloma Glad-Peach Festival (located just north of I-94 exit 39) is a celebration of gladiolus flowers and peaches, both grown locally. The festival provides two days of family friendly fun for all ages including live music, a classic car show, parade and run! Fun things to do in Michigan in August 2023.
- Vassar Riverfest and Car Show, August 2023 TBD, Vassar, MI. Plus Vassar Cork Pine Fair
- Madonna in Concert 2023- August 5, 2023, Concert at Detroit's Little Caesar's Arena.
- Boyne City PirateFest, August 5-13, 2023, Boyne City, queen pageant, entertainment, piratefest parade, drinks, pirates, buskers, mermaids, costume contest and more! Grab the Boyne City Pirate Fest schedule
- Detroit Fairytale Ball, August 5, 2023, 10:00am - 5:30pm at the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center, 15801 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, Michigan. Sign up for time slots. The event is approximately 90 minutes in length and features crafts, pixie wishes, princess parade and more!. Little ones are encouraged to dress up as their favorite princess! What a fun September Michigan event for kids!
- Red Barns Spectacular Car Show and Swap Meet, August 5, 2023, Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Over 380 swap meet vendors. The area’s longest running and largest car show! More that 1,500 show vehicles with special areas for antique campers, cars for sale, and vintage bicycles. This is one of our favorite things to do in Michigan in August.
- Brighton Art Music Festival, Cancelled for 2023 due to Construction on Main Street. Come down and delight in a summer weekend with some shopping, art, music in beautiful downtown Brighton! Downtown Brighton, 202 W. Main Street, Brighton, MI.
- Limberlost Bud Bash- August 5, 2023. Between 5,000-10,000 people flood the South Shore of Houghton Lake for a giant boat party every summer. Awesome August Michigan event!
- Clinton Township Gratiot Cruise, Sunday, August 6, 2023. Take a Cruise along Gratiot Avenue from 14 Mile to Wellington Crescent in Clinton Township, the Cruise will include an all-day car show at the corner of 16 Mile & Gratiot; a huge kids activity area; and tons of cars.
- Westview Orchards and Winery's Annual Sunflower Days - August 2023 TBD
- 2023 St. Joseph's Summer Movie Series - August 6, 2023 - Remember the Titans at Milton Park at 7:30pm. August 13, 2023 - Paw Patrol at Whirlpool Centennial Park at 7:30pm. August 20, 2023 - Sing 2 at Milton Park at 7:30pm. August 27, 2023 - Karate Kid at Milton Park at 7:30pm.
- Concerts in the Park, Frankenmuth - August 6, 2023 - Satisfaction/Rolling Stones Tribute and August 13, 2023 - Your Generation. Come on out for free concert series at the Palmer Schau Platz in Memorial Park, located behind the Frankenmuth High School. Organized by the Frankenmuth Women’s Club. Bring your lawn chair or blanket to sit on. Snacks & refreshments will be available during the shows. Concerts begin at 7:00pm.
- Hop Riot Beer Fest, August TBD, Bay City, MI. Wenonah Park. Breweries and wineries will serve beer, cider, seltzers and wine 12pm-5pm Saturday
- Antiques on the Bluff, Lake Bluff Park, St. Joseph, August 6, 2023, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Awesome August Michigan event!
If you LOVE fairs and carnivals as much as we do, be sure to grab our HUGE list of Michigan fairs and carnivals! Don't miss out on funnel cakes, Ferris wheel rides and baby goats!
It's time to go Peach picking! Best Places to Go Peach Picking in Michigan.
- Hippies at the Village Festival, August 2023 TBD Burton, Michigan. Art, Joy and Love. The festivals, events and shows are created with the community and interactive art in mind.
- Zilke Sunflower Festival - Every August, Zilke Vegetable Farm hosts the weeks-long Sunflower Festival. August 2023 TBD. Address: 12491 Carpenter Rd, Milan, MI 48160. Awesome August Michigan festival!
- Kids' Summer DIY Craft Camp - August 7 - 11, 2023 (9am - 12pm): Me, Myself, & I (think personalized projects and favorites!) Hammer & Stain West Michigan, 3901 Chicago Dr, SW Suite 109, Grandville, MI. Perfect way for your kids (7+) to get creative this summer! One to two crafts per day! Check their website for more info and to book!
- Kalamazoo County Youth Fair, August 8-12, 2023, Expo Center at 2900 Lake St, Kalamazoo, MI. Awesome August Michigan event for families, friends or couples!
- Western Michigan Fair, August 8-12, 2023, Multi-day event with fun for the whole family. Mason County Fairgrounds- 5302 W. US-10, Ludington.
- Summer Music Fest, August 8-12, 2023 – Frankenmuth: Polka Festival! Mollie B and Squeezebox, New Brass Express, Polka Family Dyna Brass and The Boys are few bands in the musical line up!
- Zehnder’s One Day Kids Camp – Culinary Fun with a Splash! August 9, 2023, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Zehnder's of Frankenmuth, 730 S. Main Street, Frankenmuth, MI, United StatesLooking for a great Kid's Summer Camp program? Are your children always helping in the kitchen, asking to bake cookies or how to cook? Then Zehnder's "Culinary Skills with a Splash" Day Camp is perfect for your child!
- Harbor Springs Car Festival, 5:30 p.m. to dusk on Thursday, August 10, 2023 at Zorn Park, in downtown Harbor Springs. 111 West Bay Street, Harbor Springs, MI. The event typically attracts 200 vehicles and is free for all entrants and spectators.
- Lincoln Homecoming Weekend - Fri, August 11 & Sat, August 12, 2023. A yearly gathering of the finest Lincoln
vehicles, presented by the Lincoln Motor Car
Heritage Museum. Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners, MI
Blueberry festivals are in full swing in August! Grab our full list of Michigan Blueberry Festivals!
- National Blueberry Festival - August 10 - 13, 2023, 1301 M-43, South Haven, MI. This is one of our favorite things to do in Michigan in August.
- Farmfest, August 11-13, 2023, VIP only access August 10, 2023. 1865 Roby Rd, Johannesburg, MI 49751. Music, yoga, workshops, fire circle, drum kiva. Camping available! Get your tickets early for this fun August Michigan music event. Located in Northern Michigan, just south of Mackinac City.
- Grand Marais Music & Crafts Festival, August 10-12, 2023, Grand Marais
- DeBucks Sunflower Farm Sunflower Festival - August 10 - August 27, 2023. 50240 Martz Rd, Belleville, MI 48111. Buy your tickets early! They have 15 acres of sunflowers for you to experience. That’s 12 football fields of sunflowers!
- Blake's Sunflower Festival - August 11 - 13, 2023. 10am - 5:00 pm daily. 100+ artisans featuring handcrafted products. Enjoy a short walk to the sunflower fields to cut your own sunflowers and enjoy endless photo opportunities. Classes, speakers, and demonstrations on topics such as natural wellness, aromatherapy, farming and gardening, benefits of local honey and more! Sunflower workshops, u-pick sunflowers, wild flowers, fruits, and vegetables. 17985 Armada Center Rd, Armada, MI.
It's time to go Raspberry picking! Best Places to Go Raspberry Picking in Michigan.
- Funtown Chowdown Food Truck Festival Frankenmuth, 2023. It’s time for the Funtown Chowdown, Frankenmuth’s Annual Food Truck Festival at Frankenmuth River Place Shops! The fun takes place in the parking lot east of the shopping complex on the second Thursday of the month August 10, and September 14, 2023
Each food truck festival will showcase special activities and entertainment along with a variety of great food and specialty tap takeovers. Pop on down to Frankenmuth River Place Shops (925 South Main Street, Frankenmuth, MI). Admission: FREE, Chowdown is is one of our favorite things to do in Michigan in August!
- Port Oneida Fair 2023 (Northwest Michigan Near Traverse City and Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore) -August 11 & 12, 2023 - See how life was lived in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Help bale hay, watch a broom-maker at work. Learn about spinning, basket weaving, soap making, butter making, candle dipping, and fur trapping. Listen as park rangers and local historians share the area's history. Watch as teams of oxen haul hay and artists and craftsmen demonstrate their skills. The Port Oneida Fair is held at six of the historic farmsteads in Port Oneida. Each farm has a variety of artists, crafts, food, and activities for visitors. You can park at any of the farms and catch the shuttle - it travels continuously around the fair, usually stopping at each location every 15-20 mins or so. I'm super excited about this event!
- Dexter Days Festival, August 11-12, 2023, Off Main Street and Central Street, at the center of town. Live entertainment, kids games, food, beer and fun!
- Saline Summerfest, August 11, 12, 2023. From music to food, crafts, cars, games and more, there’s something for everyone at this Michigan summer festival.
- Cheeseburger in Caseville Festival is scheduled for August 11 - 20, 2023. Parade, live music, parade, fun costumes and fun for everyone! The festivities take place at County Park Amphitheatre in Caseville at 6400 Main St.
- Chalk Walk Art Festival, August 12, 2023. Artists, Art Market, Music. Bay City Michigan. 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. This year's event will be along Water Street and Center Avenue.
- Thunder Over Michigan Air Show, 801 Willow Run Airport, Yysilanti, MI, August 12 and 13, 2023. There will be two drive-up shows per day; a morning and an afternoon show. Each show requires its own drive-up car pass. Bring chairs! See a KC-135R Stratotanker demonstration team, P-51D Mustang "Swamp Fox" Demonstration, CT-133 Silver Star "ACE MAKER III" demonstration and so much more! Not to mention the dozens of static and flight teams during all four shows! Buy your tickets early. What a cool August Michigan event! Grab our BIG LIST of Michigan Air Shows!
- Ludington Art Fair - Gold Coast Artisan Fair, August 12-13, 2023, Saturday from 10 am-5 pm, and Sunday from 10 am-4 pm at Rotary Park, 100 N. Harrison St., Ludington, MI. Enjoy over 170 arts & crafts displays for browsing and shopping. You won’t want to miss this quintessential summer experience in Downtown Ludington, featuring woodwork, metals, jewelry, clothing, paintings and more.
Michigan Blueberry Festivals!
Grab our 2023 Michigan Blueberry Festival Guide!
National Blueberry Festival - August 10 - 13, 2023, 1301 M-43, South Haven, MI. This is one of our favorite things to do in Michigan in August.
Wild Blueberry Festival - August 18 – August 20, 2023, 7052 M-123 Paradise, MI
Montrose Blueberry Festival - August 13-20, 2023, Montrose, MI
Annual Blueberry Festival - Blueberry Lane Farms, 13240 Blueberry Ln, Otter Lake, MI. Celebrating the farm’s 75th anniversary of being a family owned U-Pick Blueberry Farm. There will be live music, great food, vendors - July Michigan Event
These are incredible festivals in Michigan!
August is the Season for Blueberry Picking in Michigan!
Ultimate Map of Blueberry Farms in Michigan | U Pick
- Czaika’s Blueberry Farm- a U-PICK farm south of Tawas City. The bushes are a mid-height variety which usually ripens late July into early August. One of our favorite things to do in Michigan in August is pick blueberries-see great u-pick locations here!
- Milford Memories Summer Festival, August 11-August 13, 2023. Art show, live music, kids' activities, pancake breakfast, basketball tournament, rock wall and more!
- Peach Fest at Ed Dunneback & Girls Farm Market, August 11, 2023, 10 am - 4 pm and also August 12, 2023, 10 am - 2 pm. Live music, farm animals, play areas and of course get ready to enjoy peach everything....peach waffles, peach pancakes, peach drinks, peach cinnamon rolls, peach hard cider...all happening at 3025 6 Mile Rd NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544. Entry fee $8.00.
- Kalamazoo Balloon Fest, August 11th, 12th, and 13, 2023 at Gull Meadow Farms. Come spend the day and enjoy the activities at the farm and the hot air balloons! What a fun August Michigan event in Kalamazoo this summer!
- Alpena Tractor and Steam Engine Club Festival, August 11,12 & 13th, 2023. Alpena. Live demonstrations of sawmill, shingle mill, threshing, baling and rock crushing throughout each day of the show. We now also have blacksmith, hand poured concrete blocks and woodworking demonstrations. Free admission!
- Sweetest Heart of Mary Pierogi Festival, August 11,12 ,13, 2023. Lots of food choices and great bands, 4400 Russell St Detroit, MI. Check out this August Michigan event this weekend!
- Michigan Full Moon Fest, August 2023 tbd, Grand Junction, MI. Outdoor Camping and Music. Awesome music featuring Bad Boy Bill and DJ Funk. Get your tickets early for this fun August Michigan music event.
- Michigan's Mac & Cheese Festival - Presented by Undeniably Dairy at the LMCU Ballpark in Grand Rapids, MI. Sat. & Sun. August 12 & 13, 2023. Attendees will receive delicious mac and cheese samples, craft beers, live music, and fun activities. Each attendee will receive "all-inclusive" style tickets with food samples, beer/cider samples, a souvenir cup and more. This is an event for all ages.
- Charlevoix Waterfront Art Fair, August 12, 2023, 9am-6:00pm. Many of the nation's finest artists and craftsmen will be coming to the Charlevoix Waterfront Art Fair to exhibit their best works. The Fair draws over 25,000 art lovers to this lovely resort town between Lake Michigan and Round Lake. It is the second oldest juried art fair in Michigan. More things to do in Charlevoix.
- Sparta Celtic Festival, August 11 & 12, 2023, Sparta Village - Rogers Park, 152 N. State Street. The Sparta Celtic Festival is a free, family friendly event focused on the expression of Celtic heritage. This Michigan festival features music, food, and merchants with a Celtic focus. Features three stages, highland games, historical encampments, Scottish clans and more.
- Bay City’s Urban Salvage Vintage Market, August 12, 13, 2023, Bay City Veteran's Memorial Park. $5 entry fee. Market dedicated to vintage, retro, industrial, antiques and the re-purposed for the collector, decorator and artist in all of us. Fun August Michigan event! Oh, and go Chalk Walk Art Festival and Fridays at the Falls (listed directly below) the same day! More fun Things to do In Bay City!
- Chalk Walk Art Festival, August 12, 2023, 10 a.m.-11 p.m. 901 N Water St., Bay City, Michigan. Along Water Street and Center Avenue. There is a competition for youth (ages 7-12), teens (ages 13-17) and adults (18+) if you would like to be involved register soon. Fun August Michigan Things to do!
- Outdoor Craft & Vendor Show at The Village at Grand Traverse Commons August 12, 2023, 1200 W 11th St Traverse City, MI at 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Price: Free
- Cars and Coffee - Saturday, August 12, 2023, 9:00 am to Noon, All Corvettes, Classic Cars, Muscle Cars and Hot Rods are welcome. Leader Dogs for the Blind Campus, 1039 S. Rochester Rd., Rochester Hills, MI. SE corner of Rochester and Avon Roads
- Harvest Moon Festival Saturday, August 12, 2023 in Grant, MI. Old Iron Bar & Grill, 189 S Maple St, Grant, MI. Activities for the whole family! BBQ Cooking Contest, Auto Show, Soap Box Derby, Pie Baking Contest, Dunk Tank, Beer tent and so much more!! So many fun September Michigan 2023 events!
- Fridays at the Falls, 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Third Street Waterfall Park, 101 3rd St. Bay City, MI. Grab your chair and head down to the Falls. Go to Chalk Walk Art Fest and Urban Salvage Vintage Market on the same day (listed directly above!)
- Tour the Tawas Point Lighthouse-Tawas, The Friends of the Tawas Point Lighthouse and State Park will be welcoming visitors to the lighthouse for $5 for adults/$2 for children. Visitors may tour the lighthouse, ask questions, and climb the tower. A Recreation Passport is required to enter the State Park. Tawas Point Lighthouse, 686 Tawas Beach Road, East Tawas, MI 48730
- Calhoun County Fair, August 13-19, 2023, Calhoun County Fairgrounds Marshall, Michigan. There are so many things to do in Michigan in August this weekend!
- Midland County Fair, August 13-19 2023, Midland MI. We love this Midland Fair, so many things to do!
- Hippie Fest in the Village, Lake Orion, Michigan (On the grounds of Canterbury Village located behind Canterbury Castle), Saturday August 13th – Sunday, August 14, 2023. Saturday, 10 am-5pm and Sunday, 11am-5pm
- Rubber Ducky Festival, August 14th - August 19th 2023, Bellaire. Seriously, who doesn't want to go to a festival filled with cute little rubber duckies? Food trucks, music, parade, art fair, kids games and so much more! Grab the Rubber Ducky Festival schedule!
- Berrien County Youth Fair, August 14-19, 2023, Berrien County Fairgrounds, Berrien Springs, Michigan.
- Michigan Mud Jam, August 14-20, 2023, Michigan Mud Jam returns to the Iosco County Fairgrounds in Hale, Michigan. Come and enjoy a week of mud and mayhem with your friends and family from all over the country.
- Agro Expo - August 15-16, 2023 located at 56-5 N. Findlay Road, St. John, MI. Great way to meet other growers to learn new methods, advancements and technologies. Meet other Michigan farmers while enjoying in-field demonstrations, educational programs and presentations. From tillage to crop protection, silage management to irrigation data management to nutrient applications, there is so much to learn at the Agro Expo.
- Michigan Fiber Festival, 16-20, 2023, Fiber related demonstrations plus, attendees can enjoy live music, workshops, antique tractors, and the historic village on the fairgrounds. We offer unique entertainment for the whole family! Allegan County Fair, 150 Douglas St, Allegan, MI
- Fringe North 2023! - A Multi-Arts Experience - Sault Ste. Marie Museum, August 16-20, 2023. The festival will include both live and digital experiences. Live performances will run in the evenings from Wednesday, August 16 to Friday, August 18, and throughout the afternoons and evenings on Saturday August 19 and Sunday August 20. On these days, times will be selected for screened watch parties of digital content as well. Digital content will be available on demand from August 16-20.
- Hoxeyville Music Festival is a music festival held in Wellston, Michigan over 3 days: August 18 – August 20, 2023. This incredible 2023 Music Festival is located within 150 acres of farmland near the Manistee National Forest. Hoxeyville Music Festival will have two stages featuring national touring artists and incredible Michigan musicians. Fun August Michigan Things to do!
- Tie Dye Festival, August 18 and 19, 2023, located in Howard City, MI, Tie Dye Festival is all about good music and good vibes. It’s a full weekend music celebration of local West Michigan talent. Tie Dye Festival is a summer hidden gem and is a free event for everyone.
- Lapeer Days Festival, August 18, 19, 20, 2023. Soap box derby, helicopter rides, arts and crafts show, music, parade, car show and tons more! You will love this August Michigan festival!
- DeBucks Sunflower Farm Sunflower Festival - August 2023 TBD 50240 Martz Rd, Belleville, MI 48111. Buy your tickets early! They have 15 acres of sunflowers for you to experience. That’s 12 football fields of sunflowers!
- Frankfort Art Fair, August 18, 2023, 47th Annual Frankfort Art Fair to be held in Market Square Park in historic Frankfort on the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan. Outdoor Fine Art Fair in Frankfort Michigan. 420 Corning Avenue, Frankfort, MI. Friday 1:00PM - 7:00PM and Saturday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Made in Cheboygan Summer Craft Show, August 19 and 20, 2023, Washington Park, Cheboygan, MI. Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 10am-3pm.
- Bourbon Brews n BBQ Festival 2023, August 19, 2023, 6:00PM – 9:00PM (5PM VIP) Waterfront Park on the St. Clair River in Algonac, MI is the hotspot for an evening festival celebrating cold brews, yummy BBQ, smooth & smokey Bourbon, and great live country music! Grab a drink, enjoy games & live music!
- Michigan Metal Fest, August 19, 2023 at Leila Arboretum, Battle Creek. 30+ bands, three stages, two beer tents, showcases rock and metal bands, local, regional, and nationals alike. There are so many things to do in Michigan in August this weekend!
- Uncle John's Cider Mill - Sunflower Fest, August 19, 2023 and September 2, 3, 9, 2023. On September 3: Cruise in Car show 9-3, Live Music 1-4 at the tap room, Food Trucks, kids activities, cider mill and more! See our visit to Uncle John's Cider Mill!
What day is the Woodward Dream Cruise? August 19, 2023
How old is the Woodward Dream Cruise? The Dream Cruise began in 1995 by Nelson House and several volunteers to raise money for a children's soccer field located in Ferndale, Michigan. What a huge success!
- Woodward Dream Cruise, August 19, 2023, Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI. The official Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise route is a 16-mile radius, running through nine participating municipalities (Berkley, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Ferndale, Huntington Woods, Royal Oak, Pleasant Ridge, Pontiac) in the County of Oakland. The Woodward Dream Cruise is the world’s largest one-day celebration of classic car culture that attracts over 1 million visitors, and more than 40,000 muscle cars, street rods, custom, collector and special interest vehicles. One of our favorite August Michigan events, we will be there!
- Paranormal Lighthouse Tours, at Marquette Maritime Museum and Lighthouse, Marquette, Michigan, 2023 TBD. 7:00 pm for a Paranormal Tour of the Marquette Harbor Lighthouse. Tickets for this fundraiser are $25 each (nonrefundable). Registration required.
- Sunflower Festival, August 19, 2023, 9 am -6 pm with music 1-4 p.m. at Uncle John's Cider Mill. See their Facebook or website page for more info.
- Maple Leaf Farm and Creamery - August 19, 2023, the third weekend of August come out for a customer appreciation day with food from the farm, samples of goat cheese, hay rides and a tour of the goats and the barn. 3060 S 9 Mile Rd, Falmouth, MI
- St Clair Art Fair and Jazz Festival - Saturday, August 19, 2023 - August 20, 2023. The St. Clair Art Fair is one of the oldest art fairs on the east side of Michigan! Come out to the see the work of over 100 visual artists along one of the largest freshwater boardwalks in the world! Enjoy paintings, photography, sculpture, woodwork, pottery, jewelry and more in Palmer Park along the St. Clair River. Such a fun June Michigan event! Palmer Park - Boardwalk St. Clair, N. Riverside Ave. St. Clair, MI
- Mustang Alley - Ferndale Dream Cruise, Saturday, August 19, 2023. Nine Mile Road at Woodward Avenue in Ferndale, Michigan.
- Middleville Heritage Days-Held annually on the third weekend in August, Heritage Days is a celebration of the history of Middleville with a parade, Charlie Pullen Memorial Car Show, old fashioned games, a makers market, athletic competitions, live music, food trucks, and more!
May through September are prime flower picking months! Find Michigan Flower Farms near you for u pick...glorious tulips, daisies, poppies, mums, sunflowers, lavender!
- Suds on the Shore Craft Beer and Wine Festival, Downtown Ludington on Saturday, August 19, 2023 featuring signature craft beer, wine, mead and cider. The festival will include an afternoon of live entertainment and food. Proceeds benefit the United Way of Mason County. Suds on the Shore is heralded as West Michigan’s Best Craft Beer + Wine Festival so come check it out!
- Relix Riot Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Show, August 19, 2023, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Gilmore Car Museum, 6865 W Hickory Rd, Hickory Corners, MI
- PastyFest, Saturday, August 19th, 2023, Noon - 4pm.
Downtown Calumet. Car show, parade and pasties! What a fun August Michigan event! Pasty Olympics!
- ABC Day, August 19, 2023, 10am -4:00 pm. Main Street, Port Hope, MI. Come out for: Vendors, Petting Zoo, Port Hope’s famous Bean Soup, Snacks, Jail Tours, Fire Hall Tours, Wagon Rides, Putt-Putt Golf and fun games for kids.
- Visit Michigan Lavender Farms! Lavender Hill Farm, 7354 Horton Bay Rd N., Boyne City, MI has workshops, events, walks and fun thing to do in July and August.
- Appledore Dinner Sails, 107 5th St, Bay City, MI Sail the Saginaw Bay! Enjoy the sails, the sunset, and a delicious catered dinner. Friday night sails feature a light BBQ dinner and run from 6p – 9p. Saturday night Dinner Sails are four hours long and many feature live entertainment!
August is the best time to hit the Best Beaches in Michigan! Play in the waves, build sand castles, get outside and play with your family!!
- Michigan Renaissance Festival, Holly Michigan. Here ye, Here ye! Inviting all Lords and Ladies to the Greatest Ren Fest in all the land!! Weekends & Labor Day • 10 am - 7 pm, Aug. 19, 2023 - October 1, 2023. Located at 12600 Dixie Hwy., Holly, MI. This is one heck of a great event, we have gone many times!
- 46th Annual Port Huron Float Down, TBD
- Mustang Memories All Ford Car Show - August 20, 2023 • 8:00 am – 5:00 pm • Ford World Headquarters, 1 American Road at Michigan Avenue in Dearborn, Michigan.
- Sunflower Farm to Table Dinner- August 24, 2023 at 6:00 pm. Ed Dunneback & Girls Farm Market at 3025 6 Mile Rd NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544.
- Join Grand Rapids Ballet on August 25, 26, 2023 from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. outside of the Peter Martin Wege Theatre for a FREE evening of dance, food, drinks, and more!
- Keepsake Arts and Crafts Shows 2023:
- August 26, 27, 2023 - 10 am - 5 pm, Uncle John's Cider Mill, 8614 N. US127 St. Johns, Mi 48879
- September 16,17, 2023 - 10 am - 5 pm, Uncle John's Cider Mill, 8614 N. US127 St. Johns, Mi 48879
- November 11, 2023 - 9 am - 3:30 pm. Morey Courts, 5175 E. Remus Rd. | Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
- December 2,3, 2023 - Clarkston High School. Sat. 10 am – 4 pm, Sun. 11 am – 4 pm. 6093 Flemings Lake Road, off Clarkston Road | Clarkston, Michigan
- December 9, 2023 - Horizons Center, Sat. 9 am – 3:00 pm.
6200 State Street | Saginaw, Michigan
- 2023 Mackinac Island Fudge Festival -August 25 – 27, 2023. The Mackinac Island FUDGE festival celebrates the Island’s most famous treat and features a number of fudge-related, fun, family events! Activities include fudge-making demonstrations, fudge inspired food and cocktails, an outdoor movie, family games, and more! Fun August Michigan festival!
- Summerfest, August 25, 27, 2023, Downtown Hastings. Come out to enjoy arts & crafts vendors on the courthouse lawn, concessions, free trolley rides, children’s activities, a softball tournament, 3-on-3 basketball, 10K/5K run, parade, car show, live entertainment and a refreshment tent.
- Balloons Over Bellaire, August 25, 2023 - August 26, 2023. Don’t forget your camera for this special two-day event. Enjoy 15+ hot air balloonists to Shanty Creek and Bellaire atop the slopes of Summit Mountain. Friday: 6:30pm – 7:30 – Balloon launches from the alpine tubing hill behind The Lakeview Hotel. Saturday: 7:30am – Balloon flight over Torch Lake. 6:30pm – 7:30 – Balloon launches from the tubing hill behind The Lakeview Hotel. Note: This event is weather dependent. There is no charge to attend. Parking is free. No balloon rides will be given.
- 28th Street Metro Cruise Grand Rapids, August 25 and 26, 2023. 13 miles of awesome cars between Cascade and Grandville along 28th Street. The 28th Street Cruise is the biggest car event west of Detroit! This fun free event draws 275,000+ spectators and participants! Bring your lawn chairs and sit back while vehicles show off their stuff on 28th St. in Grand Rapids.
- Burning Foot Beer Festival, August 26, 2023, Muskegon. Celebration of beer, beach, art, and music. The festival is held in August along Lake Michigan’s beautiful lakeshore in Muskegon, MI, offering the perfect way to end the summer. Beach camping and barefoot entry make it unique, the Brewers’ Ring makes it extraordinary. Pere Marquette Park, 3510 Channel Dr, Muskegon, MI
- Saranac Bridge Festival, August 26, 2023, 11 am-10pm, Saranac MI
- Michigan Maritime Museum, Rock the Boat! - Friday, August 25, 2023, 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm at 260 Dyckman Ave, South Haven. Get ready to rock at the Michigan Maritime Museum during the inaugural family-friendly Rock the Boat concert with the 80's cover band "The 1985." The band will rock your socks off with their audacious costumes and musical talent. Proceeds benefit the Michigan Maritime Museum. Come rock out at an evening of fun, food, music, and dancing! The awesome food truck Wood, Stock and Grill will be on site and a cash bar will be available with beer, wine, and more! Lawn tickets, dockside high top tables, and VIP event tent tables are all available...get your tickets early! What a fun August Michigan event in South Haven!
- Keepsake Collection Arts and Crafts Show, August 26 and 27, 2023 at Uncle John's Cider Mill. 10 am - 5 pm, 8614 N. US127 St. Johns, Mi 48879. Fun August Michigan Things to do! Upcoming Keepsakes Collection Shows: September 16, 17, 2023 at Uncle John's Cider Mill; November 11, 2023 at Morey Courts; December 2, 3, 2023 at Clarkston High School and lastly, December 9, 2023 at Horizons Center.
- Michigan Made Festival - August 26, 27, 2023, Canterbury Village, Lake Orion, MI. Saturday: 10am-5pm | Sunday: 11am-5pm. Advanced tickets available, $5 for parking. This festival was created to celebrate all the great things about our state! Showcasing some of the best crafters with Michigan made items, Michigan beers, cider and wine, various food options, and shopping for unique Michigan finds. The festival is fun for the entire family with live music, entertainment throughout the weekend including magicians along with Monster Truck rides for children.
- Allegan Antiques Market, August 27, 2023, 150 Douglas St, Allegan, MI, over 200 vendors!! 8-4 p.m., $5 admission, free parking. It's a blast! What a fun August Michigan event in Allegan this summer!
- Join Grand Rapids Ballet Tuesday, August 29, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. outside at Frederik Meijer Gardens for a FREE evening of dance, food, drinks, and more!
- Romeo Peach Festival 2023 - Thursday, Aug. 31, 2023 through Labor Day, Sept. 4, 2023. in Downtown Romeo. Market, craft shows, carnival rides, run, food trucks, wine, music and fireworks! Great September Michigan festival for the whole family!
Ongoing August Michigan Events and Farmers Markets in Kalamazoo, Holland, South Haven, Portage, St. Joseph and Hastings
- Hastings Live: Hastings City Band | Thornapple Plaza Wednesdays
- Wednesday Night Cruise-In | Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners Wednesdays
- Beats on Bates | Bates Alley, Kalamazoo Wednesdays
- State on the Street | Kalamazoo State Theatre, outside Fridays
- Friday Night Features | Thornapple Plaza Fridays
- Food Truck Friday | Festival Market Square, Battle Creek Fridays
- Music on the Mall | South Kalamazoo Mall Saturdays
- Holland Farmers Market | 150 W. 8th St., Holland Wednesdays & Saturdays
- Texas Township Farmers Market | 7110 W Q Ave Tuesdays & Saturdays
- Kalamazoo Farmers Market | Mayors’ Riverfront Park Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays
- Portage Farmers Market | City Hall Parking Lot, Portage Sundays
- Battle Creek Farmers Market | Festival Market Square Wednesdays & Fridays
- Hastings Farmers Market | 221 W. State St. Downtown Hastings Saturdays & Wednesdays
- Richland Farmers Market | Richland Area Community Center Wednesdays
- South Haven Farmers Market | Huron St. Pavilion Saturdays & Wednesdays
- St. Joseph Farmers Market | Lake Bluff Park, St. Joseph Saturdays
We hope you enjoy our exciting August Michigan events and ideas of fun things to do!
What to do in Northern Michigan in August?
We highly recommend visiting the breathtaking waterfalls in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Grab our guide (with a map) to the most incredible Upper Peninsula waterfalls and how to find them.
Visit Munising and Munising Falls, Whitefish Point, see the breathtaking natural springs at Kitch-iti-kipi and go on an Upper Peninsula Road trip!
Don't miss a moment of August Michigan events and fun! Join our newsletter to have events and fun delivered directly to your inbox!
August is the Month for Michigan Fairs and Carnivals!
If you LOVE fairs and carnivals as much as we do, be sure to grab our HUGE list of Michigan fairs and carnivals! Don't miss out on funnel cakes, Ferris wheel rides and baby goats!
What Michigan Events Are Coming Up Next?
So many September Michigan events and October Michigan events! No chance of ever being bored in Michigan!
Disclaimer: Please be sure to visit a particular event's website to verify dates, times, happenings and details. We make every possible effort to be verify these the event details but as we are human, mistakes can occur and event dates/times can change. If you see an error below, PLEASE let us know and we will correct it.
Event Centers in Michigan
Still bored? Don't forget to check these Michigan event centers/theaters/auditoriums across Michigan for concerts, events, shows or comedy entertainment!
Here are a few Michigan event centers to inspire you!
- Cobo Hall-Detroit
- Midland Center for the Arts-Midland
- Dow Gardens-Midland
- Kalamazoo State Theatre
- Fire Keepers Casino
- Soaring Eagle Casino-Mt. Pleasant
- Wings Event Center-Kalamazoo
- Miller Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Civic Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Chenery Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Kellogg Arena-Battle Creek
- LMC Mendel Center-Benton Harbor
- Franke Center for the Arts-Marshall
- The Bob-Grand Rapids
- Van Andel-Grand Rapids
- Devos Place-Grand Rapids
- Dow Event Center-Saginaw
Being bored sucks! Never miss another event! Join our network of Traveling Michigan Explorers! Be a part of this amazing community of travelers!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Check Out Our Traveling Michigan Videos on Youtube!
Check out our off-road Keweenaw Peninsula adventures on YouTube!
You May Also Like...
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...