The Ultimate 2021 Guide of August Michigan Events and Best Things to Do in Michigan This Weekend
August Michigan Events and Things to Do | By Sherry Trautman | Traveling Michigan at Travel-Mi.com
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2021 Michigan events and fun things to do in Michigan in August!
Grab our Boredom Zapping Ideas for things to do in Michigan this summer!
Best Southwest Michigan events monthly calendar. See what's happening in Michigan today!
Destinations: Detroit, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Petoskey, Charlevoix, Houghton Lake, Midland, South Haven, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids, Marquette, Upper Peninsula and more!
Plan your August Michigan trip or vacation around our inspiring festivals and events!
August Michigan events are full swing! BBQ's, picnics, hiking, fireworks, boating, sailing and exploring is at its max!
Traveling Michigan in August is absolutely stunning as our State Parks are lush and green, our lakes are warm and sparkling, and our state is RIPE for discovery!
Farm markets, zoos, beach towns, festivals and museums are waiting for your visit. Let's travel Michigan together!
Join us on Instagram where I've posted all of our August Michigan adventures! We hope you enjoy our August Michigan events and fun things to do!
And as always, if you have August Michigan events that you would like listed, let us know here!
Get ready to pick blueberries in late July through August!!
THE BEST August Michigan Events-2021
There are so many awesome August Michigan things to see, do and explore!! No way you will be bored traveling Michigan this summer! Lots of events happening this August!
- Dahlia Hill-2809 Orchard Dr, Midland, MI, View eight exquisite terraces planted yearly with 3,000 dahlias - over 300 varieties late July through October. A favorite August Michigan event! ;) Free to visit and the gardens are maintained by volunteers!
- Grand Haven Coastguard Fest, July 30-August 8, 2021, 113 N 2nd St, Grand Haven, MI. Tons of concerts, cardboard boat races, food and more!
- Limberlost Bud Bash- August 7, 2021. Between 5,000-10,000 people flood the South Shore of Houghton Lake for a giant boat party every summer.
- Kalamazoo Ribfest! August 2021, Kalamazoo, Arcadia Creek Festival Place. There is a fee to enter in the evening- we love this festival! Super fun to pop in for lunch with your co-workers to dispute who has the best ribs!
- Deerfield Testicle Festival - 2021 dates keep changing. American Legion. Dates on hold-organizers are hoping for August or September.
- Midland Riverdays + Midland Balloon Fest, Midland, Aug 5-7, 2021 Activities include three days of music, food, entertainment, hot air balloons, and activities for all ages. Enjoy kayaking, zipline, concerts, a beer tent and so much more. See more fun things to do in Midland, MI!
- Coloma Glad-Peach Festival, Aug 6-8, 2021 Downtown Coloma, Mi The Coloma Glad-Peach Festival is a lively celebration of glorious gladiolus flowers and luscious peaches, both grown in the Coloma region. So come on out to this family friendly festival with live music, a classic car show, parades and fireworks!
- Red Barns Spectacular Car Show and Swap Meet, Aug 7, 2021, Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Over 380 swap meet vendors.
- Michigan Lighthouse Festival-August 6-7, 2021. Follow the incredibly scenic drive along M-37 through cherry orchards and vineyards, to the 2021 Michigan Lighthouse Festival host, Mission Point Lighthouse.
- Tawas Bay Riverfront Fine Arts Festival, (2021 cancelled), 10 am -4 pm, Shoreline Park, Tawas City, Across from Iosco County Building
- Kalamazoo County Youth Fair, August 2021 TBD, Expo Center at 2900 Lake St, Kalamazoo, MI
- Sidewalk Festival of Performing Arts Aug 2021 Dates Unconfirmed, Artist Village Detroit & Surrounding Areas|17336 Lahser Rd, Detroit, MI. The festival is a wide variety of experiential and interactive art such as dance performances, music, theatrical productions, sculptures and other art installations.
- National Blueberry Festival and Craft Fair, August 12-15, 2021, South Haven, MI Music, wine and beer tent, farm days and blueberry everything!!
- Urban Salvage Vintage Market, August 2021 TBD at 9-4 pm. Bay City Veteran's Memorial Park. $5 entry fee.
- Summer Music Festival, August 10-14, 2021, Frankenmuth.
- Czaika’s Blueberry Farm-a U-PICK farm south of Tawas City. The bushes are a mid-height variety which usually ripens late July into early August.
- Tour the Tawas Point Lighthouse-Tawas, The Friends of the Tawas Point Lighthouse and State Park will be welcoming visitors to the lighthouse for $5 for adults/$2 for children. Visitors may tour the lighthouse, ask questions, and climb the tower. A Recreation Passport is required to enter the State Park. Here's the Tawas Point Lighthouse schedule and more info. Tawas Point Lighthouse
686 Tawas Beach Road, East Tawas, MI 48730
- Calhoun County Fair, August 15-21, 2021, Calhoun County Fairgrounds Marshall, Michigan.
- Midland County Fair, Aug 15-21, 2021, Midland MI
- Michigan's Largest Sheep & Wool Festival at Allegan County Fairgrounds, FiberFest! August 18-22, 2021, workshops and show. 150 Douglas St, Allegan, MI. This year's Fiberfest will have workshops, vendors, competitions and events!
- Ferndale Dream Cruise, August 20 and 21, 2021. Nine Mile Road at Woodward Avenue in Ferndale, Michigan.
- Keepsake Collection Arts and Crafts Show, August 20-22, 2021, Zehnder Park, 959 Flint St, Frankenmuth, MI. Fun August Michigan Things to do!
- Keepsake Collection Arts and Crafts Show, August 28-29, 2021, Uncle Johns Cider Mill for Sunflower Days
- Wild Blueberry Festival, August CANCELLED 2021, Paradise, Michigan. Arts and Crafts Fair, Blueberry Jamboree, Entertainment and food!!! Visit www.wildblueberryfestival.org for more info!
- Mustang Memories Car Show, August 2021 TBD Ford Motor Company World Headquarters, 1 American Rd, Dearborn, Michigan
What day is the Woodward Dream Cruise? August 21, 2021
How old is the Woodward Dream Cruise? The Dream Cruise began in 1995 by Nelson House and several volunteers to raise money for a children's soccer field located in Ferndale, Michigan. What a huge success!
- Woodward Dream Cruise, August 21, 2021, Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI. The Woodward Dream Cruise is the world’s largest one-day celebration of classic car culture that attracts over 1 million visitors, and more than 40,000 muscle cars, street rods, custom, collector and special interest vehicles.
- Chalk Walk Art Festival, August 2021 TBD, 12 p.m.-7 p.m. 901 N Water St., Bay City, Michigan
- Relix Riot Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Show, August 21, 2021, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Gilmore Car Museum, 6865 W Hickory Rd, Hickory Corners, MI
- Visit Lavender Farms! Lavender Hill Farm, 7354 Horton Bay Rd N., Boyne City, MI has workshops, events, walks and fun thing to do in July and August.
- Appledore Dinner Sails, 107 5th St, Bay City, MI Sail the Saginaw Bay! Enjoy the sails, the sunset, and a delicious catered dinner. Friday night sails feature a light BBQ dinner and run from 6p – 9p. Saturday night Dinner Sails are four hours long and many feature live entertainment!
Even More August Michigan Events
- Berrien County Youth Fair, August 16-21, 2021, Berrien County Fairgrounds, Berrien Springs, Michigan.
- Michigan Renaissance Festival, Holly Michigan. Weekends & Labor Day • 10am - 7pm, Aug. 2021 dates TBD. Located at 12600 Dixie Hwy., Holly, MI. This is one heck of a great event, we have gone many times!
- 28th Street Metro Cruise, August 27, 28, 2021. 16 miles of awesome cars between Cascade and Grandville along 28th Street. The 28th Street Cruise is the biggest car event west of Detroit! This fun free event draws 275,000+ spectators and participants! Bring your lawn chairs and sit back while vehicles show off their stuff on 28th St. in Grand Rapids.
- Sunflower Days, August 28-29, 2021 at Uncle John's Cider Mill.
- Kalamazoo Balloon Fest, August 27-29, 2021, Gull Meadow Farms, Richland, MI. FREE!
- Summerfest, August 27-29, 2021, Downtown Hastings. Come out to enjoy Arts and Crafts, Saturday’s parade, Sunday’s Car Show, and the ongoing entertainment. Several sports tournaments and a 5/10k run/walk.
- Allegan Antiques, August 29 2021, 150 Douglas St, Allegan, MI, over 200 vendors!! 8-4 p.m., $4 admission, free parking. It's a blast!
We hope you enjoy our exciting August Michigan events and ideas of fun things to do!
Don't miss a moment of August Michigan events and fun! Join our newsletter to have events and fun delivered directly to your inbox!
What Michigan Events Are Coming Up Next?
Disclaimer: Please be sure to visit a particular event's website to verify dates, times, happenings and details. We make every possible effort to be verify these the event details but as we are human, mistakes can occur and event dates/times can change. If you see an error below, PLEASE let us know and we will correct it.
Event Centers in Michigan
Still bored? Don't forget to check these Michigan event centers/theaters/auditoriums across Michigan for concerts, events, shows or comedy entertainment!
Here are a few Michigan event centers to inspire you!
- Cobo Hall-Detroit
- Midland Center for the Arts-Midland
- Dow Gardens-Midland
- Kalamazoo State Theatre
- Fire Keepers Casino
- Soaring Eagle Casino-Mt. Pleasant
- Wings Event Center-Kalamazoo
- Miller Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Civic Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Chenery Auditorium-Kalamazoo
- Kellogg Arena-Battle Creek
- LMC Mendel Center-Benton Harbor
- Franke Center for the Arts-Marshall
- The Bob-Grand Rapids
- Van Andel-Grand Rapids
- Devos Place-Grand Rapids
- Dow Event Center-Saginaw
Being bored sucks! Never miss another event! Join our network of Traveling Michigan Explorers! Be a part of this amazing community of travelers!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Check Out Our Traveling Michigan Videos on Youtube!
Check out our off-road Keweenaw Peninsula adventures on YouTube!
You May Also Like...
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
Traveling Michigan Home Page