Seney National Wildlife Refuge: 7 Mile Drive with Trumpeter Swans and Jaw-Dropping Marsh Views
Seney National Wildlife Refuge | By Sherry Trautman | Traveling Michigan
The Marshland Wildlife Drive is a peaceful 7 mile drive that takes you past sparkling marshes with spectacular views and across two bridges. The drive takes about an hour if you stop several times to take pictures and enjoy the scenery.
This drive is open May 15-October 29.
There is a visitor's center with restrooms and information as soon as you enter the refuge. There is also a park with picnic tables and a porta john if the visitor's center is closed. These are the only restrooms in the refuge.
The road is gravel, not paved. Horseflies can be present so you may need to keep your windows up.
Where is Seney National Wildlife Refuge?
Address: 1606 Refuge Entrance Rd, Seney, MI
Seney National Wildlife Refuse is located on M77 in Seney, Michigan.
This drive takes you past several pools that are incredibly scenic.
We saw at least 30 Trumpeter Swans while enjoying the lookouts and Marshland Drive.
This was one of our favorite spots at Seney National Wildlife Refuge as you could see for miles and the ponds were so sparkly!
For more waterfalls, things to see and do in Munising and the Pictured Rocks area, check out our Upper Peninsula Waterfalls Road Trip for an interactive map to use during your vacation and while planning your trip!
Pin This Seney National Wildlife Refuge Page
Want More Waterfalls and FUN?
See Two More Options Below!!
1. 45 Upper Peninsula Waterfalls and Jaw-Dropping Scenic Spots to Visit This Summer!
See our whole page dedicated to 45 Upper Peninsula Waterfalls and Jaw Dropping Scenic Spots Your Family Will Love This Summer!
OR...Another Awesome Choice
2. Ultimate Upper Peninsula Road Trip!
Zoom in and out of the map to see our stops!
Click the links below for full city guides, tips, maps, photos and things to do!
- Mackinaw City (See our City Guide)
- Mackinac Island (See our Island Guides!)
- Tahquamenon Falls or a train ride/river boat excursion (Tons of photos, info)
- Whitefish Point (This place is spectacular! See our photos and things to do!)
- Manistique (be sure to visit this page, there's at least 2 full days of activities and additional map of things to see in this area)
- Kitch-iti-kipi (Highlight of the summer! This place is jaw-dropping!)
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
Traveling Michigan Home Page