Best 2022 Michigan Christmas Lights: Where to See Walk and Drive Through Lights + Interactive Map | Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Lansing, Comstock, Frankenmuth, Westland, Kalamazoo, Detroit, Rochester
Best 2022 Michigan Christmas Lights | By: Sherry Trautman of Travel-Mi.com | Updated: December 28, 2022
Every year as a child, my parents would bundle us up and we would drive around our city's neighborhoods in search of twinkling Michigan Christmas lights. It was always a fierce contest between by brother and I to be the first to spot the biggest, brightest and most over-the-top lights.
This tradition has continued as it is such a wonderful way to get into the Christmas spirit. Chris and I hope you have a wonderful and joy filled Christmas this year.
If you are looking for the best light shows in Michigan and Michigan Drive Through Christmas Lights, you've come to the right place!
Keep reading for the best Michigan Christmas Lights:
- Grand Rapids light show and Christmas lights
- Frankenmuth Christmas drive through Christmas lights
- Detroit Christmas "Wild Lights" and annual Christmas tree lighting
- Magic of Lights - Pine Knob
- Northville Symphony of Lights
- HollyDazzle at Michigan Renaissance Festival
- Rochester Christmas lights (Drive through and lights walk)
- Wayne County Drive Through Christmas lights
- Kalamazoo Bronson Park Christmas lights
- Jackson Christmas light show
- Gull Meadow Farms Walk Through Lights
- Bear Lake Light Display, Sparkle in the Park
- Nite Lites at the Michigan International Speedway
- Drive Through Christmas Lights at Gilmore Car Museum
- Merry Mile at Calhoun County Fairgrounds
- Crossroads Village Drive Through Christmas Lights
- Bicentennial Park Christmas Drive Thru Lights Display - Grand Blanc
- Potter Park Zoo Annual Wonderland of Lights
- Holiday Night of Lights: Lansing Drive and Walk Through Christmas lights
- Freeland Drive Through Christmas lights
- Newaygo Drive Thru Wonderland of Lights
- The Carters' Christmas Lights Marquette
- Fernwood Botanical Gardens Christmas Lights
Michigan Christmas Lights Interactive Map
Where can you see Christmas lights in Michigan? If you're looking for a “Christmas light show near me” in Michigan, use our interactive map of the best Christmas lights in Michigan below!
We created this Michigan Christmas Lights Interactive Map to aid in planning your trips.
Helpful Map Tips:
- Click on the plus and minus in the left corner to zoom in or out of the map.
- Click on the icons for more info, addresses and photos of the stops.
- Click on the map to drag and move it to view surrounding areas.
- In the Header, click on the rectangle in the upper left of the map to see a menu of all of our stops. Click on anything that looks interesting to see where it is on the map. To hide the menu, click the rectangle in the header.
- In the Header, click on the "square" icon in the upper right side to expand the map for better viewing.
***Be sure to check the websites, Facebook pages of the events below before you go. Even call or message the businesses as times, prices, details may change or cancel. These activities are for ideas only.
Where to See Grand Rapids Christmas Lights!
This Christmas season, we highly recommend visiting Fredrick Meijer Gardens and also Nite Lights, the drive through Christmas light displays at Fifth Third park in Grand Rapids. Both are wonderful places to see Christmas lights this holiday season.
Every November and December, Frederik Meijer Gardens, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan is twinkling with thousands of Christmas lights! Dozens of trees are decorated to represent countries and
cultures from all over the world.
Be sure to visit on a day when the weather is cooperating as you will definitely want to wander outside!
- Check out the Children's garden, find the dozens of magnificent sculptures throughout the grounds and wander along the scenic boardwalk that offers magnificent views of the vast ponds.
❤️ We love wandering Frederik Meijer gardens as the Christmas lights are everywhere and it is a cheerful place to visit when it’s cold ! Of course, we had to get a couple pics pretending we like each other (chris actually cooperated in this pic!)
1. Drive Through Christmas Lights at the Christmas Light Show in Grand Rapids Michigan!
Where: Comstock Park Christmas Lights Location: 4500 West River Drive NE, Comstock Park, Michigan.
When: Typically after Thanksgiving until January 1st
Another great option to see Michigan Drive Through Christmas lights is the drive through light display at Fifth Third park in Grand Rapids.
This awesome Grand Rapids light show is worth seeing especially if you love Michigan drive through Christmas lights!
We love that you can remain inside the warmth of your vehicle while slowly weaving through 2 miles of light tunnels and moving light displays.
There is a fee (think of all the electricity! but it's worth it!) but you can drive through the lights a second time for free if you like! We did!
If you want the full experience, you can also book an open air train ride that slowly chugs around all the lights! What a fun Christmastime adventure!
So come on out to see Comstock Park Christmas Lights!
2. See Frankenmuth Drive Through Christmas Lights!
You absolutely must visit Frankenmuth during the Christmas season! Their entire downtown area is lit up with thousands of twinkling Christmas lights!
3. Where to See Downtown Detroit Christmas Lights + Detroit Region
This winter, if you live near Detroit, be sure to visit the Detroit Zoo beginning in mid November to see the sparkling "Wild Lights."
Bundle up warm as you wander through light tunnels and oohh and ahhh at all the sparkling lights!
See the Annual Detroit Tree Lighting -
Where: Campus Martius Park
When: Mid November-See our November calendar for current dates/time.
See spectacular live entertainment, Olympic figure skaters, and award-winning local performers and skating clubs. Enjoy dazzling lighting attractions, horse-drawn carriage rides, holiday shopping, hot chocolate giveaways, food trucks, visits from Santa, and much more!
See the spectacular Michigan-grown, 65-foot Norway spruce sparkling with ornaments and 20,000 lights. See Santa and special guests light the Tree just after 7pm! Fun things to do in Detroit in November!
Live entertainment on The Rink and stage at Campus Martius Park. Michigan Christmas lights extravaganza!
4. Magic of Lights - Drive Through Michigan Christmas Lights Experience!
Where: Clarkston, MI, 33 Bob Seger Drive
When: Nov. 18th - Dec. 31st, 2022 Sun-Thurs 5:30pm-10pm | Fri-Sat 5:30pm-11pm. $25-$30 per regular car, buy Magic of Lights tickets online. In 2022, use code JINGLE for $3 off.
Come check out Magic of Lights, a Drive Through Christmas lights experience at Pine Knob Music Theatre!
5. Northville Symphony of Lights
Where: Northville, Michigan, Northville Christian at 41355 6 Mile Rd., Northville, MI (1 mile west of 6 Mile & I-275) - in the back of the building.
When: December 1, 2022 - New Year's Day. Hours of Operation: 6-8:30PM, 7 days a week. Tune your car radio to 87.9FM to watch the lights dance to the beat of the music.
The Northville Symphony of Lights (formerly Livonia Lights), is a Christmas light show.
The 2022 Christmas light show has 150,000 lights that dance to the beat of the music.
The Northville Symphony of Lights also has a powerful story behind it. “It’s easy to get caught up in the “hustle and bustle” of the Christmas season with Christmas shopping and parties, but we want to remind people of the real point of Christmas – the life-changing story of the birth of Christ. It’s a story that needs to be told, especially with our country so divided right now,” indicates family member Timothy Howse.
This award-winning popular display was recently named one of the top 12 light displays in the State of Michigan!
6. HollyDazzle at Michigan Renaissance Festival!
Where: 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442
When: November 25-31, 2022 on select dates. See their website for more info.
Enjoy an incredible walk through light display with castles, snowmen and more! See Santa and Ms. Clause to tell them your Christmas wishes! There are cool igloos to enjoy a treat, wander through artisan shops (I bought handmade wooden spoons!) and hear a Christmas story.
7. Rochester Christmas Lights are Absolutely Jaw Dropping! 2 Places to See Them!
Downtown Rochester Christmas Lights are lovely!
Where: Downtown Rochester Michigan
1. Every Christmas season, Downtown Rochester Michigan is ablaze with incredible Michigan Christmas lights! Several blocks of storefronts are lit in celebration of the season.
And the best thing? You can slowly drive and enjoy the Rochester Michigan Christmas lights from the warmth of your vehicle!
Oh, and it's FREE! Don’t you wish your downtown was lit like this? We think its one of the best Christmas lights in Michigan!
2. Visit Meadow Brook for Winter Wonder Lights! The Holidays at Meadow Brook are simply dazzling! November 25 – December 30, 2022. Winter Wonder Lights is a self-guided outdoor experience with brightly lit light displays across the grounds of Meadow Brook Hall, located in Rochester on the campus of Oakland University. Come enjoy a lovely evening of lights and music as you explore this National Historic Landmark at its most festive. There will be fun concessions such as glow-in-the-dark cotton candy and hot meals in their outdoor café. Seasonal and specialty drinks, bonfires and more!
3. Meadow Brook Hall's Holiday Walk, November 25 – Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2022. 350 Estate Drive, Rochester, Michigan. It’s the most wonderful time of year! If you want to see Michigan Christmas Lights, this is it! Holiday Walk is a self-guided indoor tour featuring incomparable holiday sights and decorations inside Meadow Brook Hall, the historic mansion and National Historic Landmark located in Rochester on the campus of Oakland University. See more than 50 magnificent trees, flickering fireplaces, and lights galore! Holiday Walk invites you to explore the 110 room estate from the Grand Ballroom to Candy Cane Cottage and visit Santa and his reindeer on Santa Saturdays! Perfect for a special date night or family outing.
8. See Wayne County Michigan Christmas Lights! Drive Through
Wayne County Lightfest: Another option to see Michigan Christmas lights is to attend Lightfest at Hines Park in Westland. This light show features giant animated displays and more than one million lights!
Where: The entrance for the Lightfest is at 7651 Merriman Road in Westland.
Price: $5 approximately
The Wayne County Lightfest runs from from late November through December 31 (closed December 25) with the entrance being at Merriman Hollow Park in Westland.
The Lightfest has five miles of dazzling displays and a chance for a photo with santa! There is a fee per vehicle so be sure to have cash on hand-it's around $5.00.
The Westland Christmas lights are incredible, some may say they are one of the best Christmas lights in Michigan!
9. Kalamazoo's Bronson Park is a Sparkling Wonderland!
So, my friends, you need to bundle up and head to Bronson Park in Kalamazoo to wander through the lights! We lived in Kalamazoo for many years and absolutely loved walking through the larger than life candy canes, lovely Christmas manger and pretty twinkling trees.
Oh, and it's free!
10. Jackson Christmas Light Show
Where: Brooklyn, MI
Come out out to Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, MI for Nite Lites, their annual drive through Christmas Light Show! Nov. 25 thru Dec. 31, 2021.
You never know what’s around the next turn at Nite Lites. Drive through its twinkling Christmas light sculptures then stretch your legs in Winter Wonderland, where all ages can enjoy a mug of hot cocoa, a seasonal snack, and of course, Santa himself — even his reindeer visit on certain weekends.
Where? Michigan International Speedway
When? Thanksgiving through December 31, 2022
US-12 Entrances: westbound use Lot 8 entrance, eastbound use Graves Farm Entrance.
Open everyday - Including holidays
Time: 5:30 pm - 9 pm Sunday thru Thursday
5:30 pm - 10:00 pm Friday & Saturday
Fee per vehicle.
11. Gull Meadow Farms Walk Through Lights (Near Kalamazoo)
Where: Address: 8544 Gull Road, Richland, MI 49083 (Near Kalamazoo)
Come on out to Gull Meadow Farms on weekends in December for an indoor Christmas light display. Walk through their transformed greenhouse and enjoy a magical Christmas wonderland! See several decorated greenhouses, each with their own theme. You don’t want to miss out on this unique Christmas tradition.
12. Bear Lake Sparkle in the Park!
Come on out to the Annual Bear Lake Sparkle in the Park with over 80,000 lights! Open Nov. 27 thru Dec. 31, 5 to 10 pm nightly. Come see thousands of Christmas lights set up in nearly 50 holiday displays at Hopkins Park, Bear Lake from Thanksgiving weekend through New Year's Eve.The beautifully lit displays include angels, Christmas trees, Santa and his reindeer, a salute to troops, snowmen, various animals and several Christmas scenes, all arranged outdoors in Bear Lake's lakeside campground park, just off US 31.
13. Nite Lites at the Michigan International Speedway
Nite Lites at the Michigan International Speedway - Nov. 24 thru Dec. 31, 2022 Michigan International Speedway, US-12 Entrances only, 12626 US-12, Brooklyn, Michigan. Hours: Sun - Thurs | 5:30 - 9PM, Fri - Sat | 5:30 - 10PM
14. Winter Wonderland Drive Through Christmas Lights at Gilmore Car Museum
Where: Gilmore Car Museum, Richland, MI
Winter Wonderland (Dates TBD early Nov-early Jan 2022) at Gilmore Car Museum is an outdoor driving tour through beautiful colors, lights, music, and dynamic decorations, as well as a visit inside the museum for the Gilmore’s decorated Festival of Trees among hundreds of classic cars, and a visit with Santa Claus.
Be dazzled by more than 25 individual themed light displays, lighted historic barns, and decorated vintage-era car dealerships. Visit with Santa Claus, reindeer games for the kids, holiday food & beverages, inflatable maze, artwork, live music.
15. Marshall Michigan Drive Through Christmas Lights, Merry Mile
Where: 720 Fair Street, Marshall, MI, Calhoun County Fairgrounds
When: Select days throughout December, 5:30pm - 9:30pm.
Celebrate Merry Mile at the Calhoun County Fairgrounds - See sparkling Christmas lights from the warmth of your vehicle. Select days throughout December, 5:30pm - 9:30pm. 10/car load. Address:
720 Fair Street, Marshall, MI
More Michigan Christmas Articles You May Enjoy!
16. Crossroads Village Drive Through Christmas Lights - Flint
Where: 6140 N Bray Rd, Flint, MI 48505
Christmas at Crossroads Holiday Magic 2022. November 25-27, 2022 and December 2-4, 9-11, 16-18, 21-23, and 28-30, 2022. Hours: 4:00pm-9:00pm
When: Open for Drive Through Only nights: December 5, 12, 19, 24 and 26, 2022. Hours for Drive Through Only nights: 5:00pm-9:00pm, $10 per vehicle. All ticket sales end at 8:30pm.
17. Bicentennial Park Christmas Drive Thru Lights Display - Grand Blanc
Bicentennial Park of Grand Blanc will be filled with thousands of lights, sweeping lighted arches, and animated displays in this drive thru winter wonderland. Stay warm and cozy in your car! Traffic will enter through Reid Road and follow the lighted path to Grand Blanc Road. Instead of a fee, the Park is requesting each car bring an unwrapped new toy or 5 non-perishable food items to be donated.
18. Potter Park Zoo Annual Wonderland of Lights
30th Annual Wonderland of Lights - November 19 - December 23, 2022
Where: Lansing, Michigan, 48912 1301 S Pennsylvania Ave
When: Thursday through Sunday, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm, November 19, 2022 – December 23, 2022 (closed on Thanksgiving).
Thousands of lights create an extraordinary holiday display at the 30th annual Wonderland of Lights! Take a stroll around the zoo, enjoy holiday music, and marvel at the twinkling light displays during this series of magical Michigan winter evenings. Stop by the Savanna Grill for a bite to eat, and grab a goodie bag for children as you leave to take home and enjoy.
19. Holiday Night of Lights - Lansing
Holiday Night of Lights
Where: Frances Park, 2701 Moores River Dr. Lansing, MI. Presented By Lansing Parks & Rec on December 2, 2022 - December 18, 2022 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM, recurring weekly on Sunday, Friday, Saturday.
20. Freeland Lights 2022 - Free Drive Up Christmas Lights Show at Hayes Park
Where: 9330-9418 Midland Rd, Freeland, MI 48623
When: Thanksgiving until about January 1st, 2023
Freeland Lights! Come take in a free show of Michigan Christmas lights at Hayes Park. From the warmth of your vehicle, watch as the Christmas displays comes to life through Music & Lights. Chris and I attended the show this year and loved it!
How it works: Drive in the park, immediately turn to the left and pull into a space facing the light show. When the car in the front row ahead of your vehicle leaves, you can pull into the spot to watch the light show.
The light show will play continuously every evening starting at 5:30pm after Thanksgiving until about January 1st, 2022. The show runs nightly until ~10:20pm.
* Tune your Radio to 93.9 FM and watch the lights dance to the music.
* Show is computer driven, running EVERY DAY - regardless of the weather.
21. The Colors of Christmas Wonderland Drive-Thru Lights in Michigan
Where: 5683 S Croton Hardy Drive, Newaygo, MI
When: Day after Thanksgiving through January 1
The Colors of Christmas is a drive-thru wonderland of lights and Christmas displays. Every night from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm starting day after Thanksgiving through January 1 - the Croton Township Campground will be open for you and your family to drive through or hike through "The Colors of Christmas" light displays.
FREE to everyone - A $5 donation is suggested & appreciated.
22. The Carters' Christmas Lights Marquette
Where: Address: 1313 N Vandenboom Ave Marquette, MI 49855
When: December 1st through New Year's Eve!
We love celebrating the holiday season with a large Michigan Christmas lights display.
They will have the lights on every night from December 1st through New Year's Eve! Happy Holidays!
23. Lights at Fernwood Botanical Garden!
Where: Fernwood Botanical Garden, 13988 Range Line Rd, Niles, MI
When: Nov 28, 2022 - Jan 01, 2023, Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays from 5:30-9:00 pm until January 1st.
Come see the spectacular LIGHTS at Fernwood Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays from 5:30-9pm until January 1st. Walk through Christmas lights!
Pin This Michigan Christmas Lights Page
Follow Us on Instagram
Have a Suggestion of Where to See Great Christmas Lights?
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
Traveling Michigan Home Page