Delicious French Toast Recipe: Discover Our Top 3 Secrets of How To Make This Family-Friendly Breakfast | Under 20 Minutes
Delicious French Toast Recipe: Discover The Top 3 Secrets of How To Make This Family-Friendly Breakfast | By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Updated October 14, 2022
Would you love to make a delicious French Bread breakfast for your friends and family but not sure how to make it? Stay tuned my friends, we've got you!
I'm a home cook (not a professional chef) that loves to prepare delicious meals for family and friends. This recipe is part of a collection of family recipes that are finally out there as my brother keeps asking me to put together a family cookbook!
See How I Make Yummy French Toast!
My Top 3 French Toast Secrets
1. You HAVE to use great bread. Don't use that cheap white bread (I must admit it is fantastic for grilled cheese, but not here). The bread will tear after it is soaked, stick to the pan, and be a hot mess. I HIGHLY recommend using my Homemade French Bread recipe. You can also use Brioche or French bread from the grocery store...but mine is so yummy!
2. You HAVE to let the bread soak (on both sides) for at least 10-15 minutes. It depends on the density of the bread, too. But it needs to be completely saturated. I mean completely. Swish the egg and milk mixture around and be sure to flip the bread half way through.
3. I recommend spraying your pan with non-stick cooking spray and ALSO add a pat of delicious butter. Just do it. Let the butter melt and tilt the pan to spread the melting butter around. Butter adds a lovely color and crispiness to the edges of the French toast. Sooo freakin' good. The Pioneer Woman adds butter and it will seriously rock your French Toast world!
French Bread Ingredients
I try to add as much protein as possible when making our French toast. The average egg contains 6-7 grams of protein!
Yield: 6 Pieces of French Toast (since that's how many fit in my pie pan!).
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to your preference, I don't measure it)
- 3/4 cup milk
- French bread or Brioche, thin sliced.
How to Make Delicious French Toast: Directions With Photos
Be sure to watch my video for further clarification!
1. In a pie pan (or similar dish with high sides), whisk your eggs (or egg whites).
2. Add milk and vanilla. Whisk.
3. I like to sprinkle my cinnamon on the top of the milk, egg and vanilla mixture so I can control the distribution. We like ALOT of cinnamon. You can add more to certain areas or less.
4. Add your sliced French bread, making sure to push the pieces down into the milk mixture. Soak on both sides for about 15 minutes or until the bread is completely saturated.
5. Spray your pan or griddle with non-stick cooking spray, add a pat of butter and allow it to melt. Tilt the pan to distribute the butter. Butter makes the French toast a bit crispy on the outside and adds delicious flavor.
6. Cook both sides on medium heat until browned and fully cooked.
Be sure to top your delicious French toast with U pick Michigan Strawberries, Michigan Blueberries, Michigan Peaches and Michigan Maple Syrup!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram