7 FUN Rochester Christmas Events (Michigan) In One Day: Kris Kringle Market, Big Bright Light Show, Tour Meadow Brook Hall (MI's Largest Historic Home), Brewery and Bakehouse This December!
7 FUN Rochester Christmas Events (Michigan) In One Day: Kris Kringle Market, Big Bright Light Show, Tour Meadow Brook Hall (MI's Largest Historic Home), Brewery and Bake House This December!
By: Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Updated: December 10, 2022
So many fun things to do in Rochester Michigan this December Christmas holiday season!
Can you see and do it all in one day? You sure can, it just takes some preplanning! Here's how Chris and I do it!
NOTE: Kris Kringle Market is only held on ONE WEEKEND in December, so if you want to see it, plan everything around that weekend. Otherwise, the other activities have more dates.
- Purchase early afternoon tickets to Meadow Brook Hall's indoor Holiday Walk home tour. Purchase your tickets a couple weeks early on their webpage.
- Afterwards, drive over to Yates Cider Mill for donuts, photos of the their iconic red barn and peek down into the nearby river.
- Head to Rochester Beer Company for a late lunch.
- Walk to the Kris Kringle Market 3 blocks away.
- Enjoy S. Main Street's glorious Big Bright Light Show that begins at 5:00 pm, pop in and out of fun shops along the way.
- Warm up inside Bakehouse 46.
- Head back to Meadow Brook Hall's Winter Wonder Lights in the evening to see their glorious light show!
Interactive Map of 7 FUN Rochester Christmas Events (Michigan) In One Day
Christmas in Rochester Michigan is incredible! There are so many FUN things to do for couples, friends, families with kids! Light shows, historic home tours, downtown Rochester shopping, a brewery, bakehouse, and more!
1. Visit Meadow Brook Hall, Michigan's Largest Historic Home!
Address: 350 Estate Dr, Rochester, MI 48309
There are two choices, Chris and I like to do both!
- Holiday Walk - Inside self-guided daytime walking tour of this incredible historic mansion. You will see over 50 sparkling trees including a 10-foot tall Poinsettia tree created with 150 live plants! Take note, there are several stairs if you wish to see multiple levels of the home. (The outside lights are not on during this time.) Oh, and kids will love seeing Santa Claus!
- Winter Wonder Lights - Outside self guided walking tour of the mansion grounds and a select few rooms inside Meadow Brook Hall (good chance to warm up a bit!) And if you get chilly, there are raised fire pits to warm up your hands!
So here's what you do: Book the Holiday Walk in the early afternoon (like 1:00 pm.) so you have time to visit the other activities listed below before you return for the nighttime Winter Wonder Lights around 6:30 pm.
Meadow Brook Hall Christmas event tickets are purchased separately on their website. Buy early!
See More -----> Meadow Brook Hall Christmas: Holiday Walk Home Tour and Winter Wonder Lights!
Discover who lived in Meadow Brook Hall, fun facts, and it's fascinating history!
2. Visit the Historic Yates Cider Mill in Rochester Michigan!
Yates Cider Mill Michigan Address - 1950 E Avon Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Generally, Yates Cider Mill is open 9:00 am - 5:00 pm but be sure to check their website as you are planning your day in Rochester.
They have yummy baked goods (I got a great apple turnover when I was there), stocking stuffers like jams and jellies, and delicious honey for your kitchen pantry. Fun things to do in December!
3. Grab Lunch at Rochester Mills Beer Company
Where: 400 Water St, Rochester, MI 48307
What's Cool: Rochester Mills Beer Company is located in the historic Western Knitting Mill in Downtown Rochester!
They have handcrafted lagers and ales with several meal choices. Chris and I shared a rack of ribs with fries. I greatly enjoyed their Rochester Red beer.
4. Shop Kris Kringle Market in Downtown Rochester - (You Will Love This Michigan Christmas Market!)
Where: On West Fourth St. between Main & Walnut (see our map above)
When: Friday, December 2, 2022 from 4 – 10 p.m. and Saturday, December 3, 2022 from Noon – 10 p.m.
Inspired by the 700-year old tradition of the open-air Christmas markets throughout Europe, the Kris Kringle Market in Downtown Rochester Michigan is a great place to pick up a few gifts, enjoy hot chocolate and chat with the vendors. Rochester Christmas's Kris Kringle Market sets the tone for Christmas!
It's a small Christmas Market but packed with vendors and lovely gifts and stocking stuffers.
If you love Michigan Christmas Markets, we have the best ones listed here! ----> Best Michigan Christmas Markets | Top 10 Festive Michigan Holiday and Winter Gift Shopping Spots!
5. Downtown Rochester's Big Bright Light Show (Breathtaking Drive-Through Christmas Lights Display)
If you love Christmas lights, you just MUST visit downtown Rochester this Holiday season to see the Big Bright Light Show! The lights along main street come on at 5:00 pm and are simply dazzling!
6. Warm Up Inside Bakehouse 46 on S. Main Street While Enjoying Rochester Christmas Shopping
Where: 205 S Main St, Rochester, MI 48307
If you are in Rochester Christmas shopping, be sure to stop by Bakehouse 46.
It's a great place to relax, warm up, and indulge in freshly made pastries and sandwiches. Chris and I love sitting by the window to watch people passing by as it got darker outside we enjoyed seeing the Big Bright Light Show from the warmth of the bakery!
We loved our cupcakes and hot apple cider at Bakehouse 46!
7. Return to Meadow Brook Hall for Winter Wonder Lights!
Join Us on Instagram! Fun Events!
YouTube Video Below