Top 11 Instagrammable Spots in Michigan! Incredible Instagram Spots in Detroit, Nature Photography Locations, Beautiful Places in Michigan to Take Pictures
The Top 11 Instagrammable Spots in Michigan | By Sherry Trautman | Traveling Michigan
Are you searching for incredible Instagram spots in Detroit, Michigan nature photography locations, beautiful places in Michigan to take pictures?
We listed stunning places to take pictures in Michigan and places to take pictures in West Michigan.
How did these places make our Top 11 list? Did we just see them on the internet or social media?
Heck no!! We have personally lived, breathed, enjoyed (and snapped a bunch of pics) to share with you. Each and every one of these Instagrammable Spots in Michigan were game changers for us. They left a strong lingering impression with a strong desire to return. Each one offers unique experiences that we personally recommend and know you will love.
1. Mackinac Island is just RIPE for Instagrammable Spots in Michigan!
Mackinac Island By Travel-Mi.com
Seriously, Mackinac Island is one of our favorite places to visit in the summer. But you might say, "Hey Sherry, be more original, everyone knows about Mackinac Island!"
Bah...to that I say, why mess with perfection? I would be amiss if I didn't add it (and it's my list, so...) Mackinac Island is one of the most beautiful places in Michigan to take pictures.
I hate too gush (not really), but what's not to love about biking all around an ISLAND while exploring caves, famous arches and marinas?
We adore the fresh breezes, carriage rides, discovering hidden spots, packing our lunches to eat along the shore, noshing on fudge and being one with nature.
Need more information about hotels, things to do, secret spots, where to eat on Mackinac Island?
Click here for the free Mackinac Island Guide to Everything
“Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
2. Rockport State Park and Recreational Area-A Hidden Gem for Stargazers, Hikers and Rock Hounds
Rockport State Park, Alpena, MI
We were in absolute awe of the vast open spaces, exquisite scenery, and diverse activities at Rockport State Park. There are 4,237-acres to explore by hiking, biking or walking. There are incredible Michigan nature photography locations throughout Rockport State Park.
Here is a list of the cool things to see at Rockport State Park:
If you only have one day to explore the park, we high recommend bringing your bikes so you can ride to the quarry, search for fossils and stay to observe the vast beauty of the sky after dark.
There are only pit toilets and no food is available so pack accordingly.
Read more about Rockport State Park on our designated page. You'll see why it makes our favorite Instagrammable spots in Michigan list!
3. Alden B Dow Home and Studio is an Incredible Example of Mid Century Modern Architecture in Michigan
If you are looking for incredible architectural and scenic photos, check out the Alden B Dow Home tour in Midland Michigan! During the tour, you will get to see the 20,000 sf studio and home space where Alden B. Dow worked and raised his family!
It's a rare opportunity to see the inside of a Mid Century Modern home and work space.
4. Hungarian Falls Is a Fantastic Michigan Nature Photography Location
Hungarian Falls, Hubbell, Michigan
One of our favorite Michigan waterfalls is the Hungarian Falls located in Hubbell, Michigan. Dover Creek roars over three sets of stunning falls on its way to Torch Lake.
We were in absolute awe of these gorgeous falls during our visit this past summer. The roaring of the falls and the cool mist is so mesmerizing and refreshing. This is one of our favorite Michigan nature photography locations.
The best time to visit the falls is in the spring when the water levels are highest. It's also cooler temps so dress in layers.
Plan to spend a few hours exploring and fully enjoying Hungarian Falls. You will see why it made our Instagrammable spots in Michigan list!
5. Tour the Michigan State Capitol for 10 Hidden Secrets
The beauty of our Michigan State Capitol in Lansing Michigan is absolutely stunning! Grab a free self-guided tour book or join a guided tour when you arrive. Tours of the Michigan State Capitol are free!
Keep an eye out for:
- Fossils in the tiles on the floor
- The Senate and House of Representatives chambers. It’s incredible to see first-hand where the action happens!
- Faux marble and wood throughout the capitol. Read how the Capitol saved money by utilizing artists to create perceived luxury!
- Learning more about our Michigan state history
- Finding our red and white Michigan “tile” in the ceiling
When you tour the Michigan State Capital, look for these cool things to see! Also, we found 10 hidden secrets in the Lansing Michigan Capital, can you find them? So many opportunities for interesting Instagrammable spots in Michigan at the Capital!
6. Crossroads Village and Huckleberry Railroad
We absolutely LOVE visiting Crossroads Village and Huckleberry Railroad in Flint, MI during the Christmas season and well, any time of year. Explore a 1800s village complete with a dentists' office, post office and many other buildings to explore.
While there, ride a steam train and munch on sweet almonds from the outside stands along the way.
7. Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is the Ultimate Destination for Photographers, Hikers, Nature Lovers and Explorers!
Pictured Rocks, Michigan
We absolutely adore Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore! I mean just look how happy we are! ;)
We have snowmobiled there and explored the area by foot in the summer. The views are absolutely outstanding!! Pictured Rocks is one of the most beautiful places in Michigan to take pictures.
Kayaking Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is high up on my bucket list...it's quiet expensive but I hear the views are absolutely amazing! The glass bottom boat tours are also worth checking out.
But don't take my word for it, you need to visit Pictured Rocks for yourself!
8. Incredible Instagram Spots in Detroit
Visit our home page for Detroit that offers dozens of city guides, places to see and things to do.
The Detroit Public Library and the Detroit Art Museum are just incredible places for photos as the architecture and art are breathtaking. Click the photos above for more information and photos of both locations.
9. Dow Gardens in Midland Michigan is Definitely One of the Most Instagrammable Spots in Michigan!
Dow Gardens, located in Midland Michigan, is an incredible botanical gardens worthy of any Instagram posts. Not only are the gardens exquisite, but the iconic red bridges located throughout the gardens are breathtaking on a sunny day.
Dow Gardens is home to a children's garden, paved walking paths, scenic ponds and waterfalls, and beautiful overlooks.
Each summer, Dow Gardens features art installations located throughout the gardens. Past art installations included metal origami, Dr. Seuss and glass work. We always look forward to the new installations each summer!
10. Saugatuck, Home of Award Winning Beaches and Gorgeous Views
Did you know that Conde' Nast named Saugatuck on their "Top 25 Beaches in the World?"
If you haven't visited Saugatuck, here's why you need to add this quaint lake town to your spring or summer Michigan bucket list. We think Saugatuck is one of the most beautiful places to take pictures in West Michigan.
- Ever been on a Chain Ferry?
- Wheezed, sweated and dragged your carcass to the top of Mt. Baldhead? YEAH, it's that awesome (and so worth it)!
- Can you say awesome beaches?
- Wandered along a riverwalk with melty ice cream?
- What about screamed your head off on a dune ride?
NO? HOP TO IT!! Here's more ideas to get you going-->A Guide to Saugatuck
11. Midland Michigan is a Surprising Hot Spot for Adventure and Instagrammable Spots in Michigan!
Tridge in Midland, Michigan
We definitely felt Midland Michigan needed to be added to our Top Ten Instagrammable Spots in Michigan list due to the wide variety of adventures and fun things to do!
- The Tridge-it's one heck of a gorgeous bisecting bridge with biking and walking trails.
- Dow Gardens and Whiting Forest-Stunning places to visit year round for walking, flowers, photography and events.
- The awesome Chippewa river is perfect for kayaking and canoeing.
- The Chippewa Nature Center that's a mecca for hikers, adventurers and kayakers.
- City Forest-A great place to walk, snowshoe, cross-county ski and jog.
We get more in depth about Midland Michigan here!
We hope you are truly inspired by our Top 11 Instagrammable Spots in Michigan! Let's start traveling Michigan!
Top Interesting Places to Visit in Michigan During the Winter!
Seriously, don't hibernate all winter! We've got some seriously cool places to investigate this winter! Winter in Michigan is ripe with adventure!
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Traveling Michigan Newsletter
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow Us on Instagram
You May Also Like
Have A Great Place That NEEEEDS To Be On Our List?
Let us know! Share it!
Traveling Michigan Home Page