TIP: Bookmark This Page Now! This is where your interactive map lives.
Available exclusively through Traveling Michigan!
If you are like us, you value a visual overview of where everything is located so you can get a game plan together. We were unable to find an easy to use, all-inclusive planner so we spent a ton of time creating our own Cherry Festival Planner!
Our interactive map visually shows the Cherry Festival's events in an organized, coded manner. No more driving all over the place hoping to see it all!
We hope you have great time! -Sherry and Chris
1. The Village at Grand Traverse Commons-830 Cottageview Dr, Traverse City, MI 49684 I ADORE this Historic 1884 Traverse City State Hospital complex that was renovated and transformed into an incredible shopping & dining hot spot. We had a fabulous time touring the old steam tunnels during the Historic Tour of The Village campus, formerly the Traverse City State Hospital grounds..
2. Take the afternoon and drive up the Leelanau and Old Mission wine trails for jaw dropping vistas and extraordinary wine. If you don't wish to drive, there are tons of tours that will allow you to relax and have a great time!
3. Grab a bike or your walking shoes and embark on the TART Trails network that contains eight multi-use trails in Grand Traverse and Leelanau counties including a cross-town bike route. The views are incredible!
4. Visit Leland, also know as Fishtown! Northern Michigan's commercial fishing heritage remains active in Leland's Fishtown! Walk along the docks, check out the weathered fishing shanties, smokehouses, drying fishing nets, and colorful fish tugs on the Leland River. Fishtown still operates as one of the only working commercial fishing villages in the state of Michigan! Shop and eat away the afternoon!
5. Discover the majestic views from the top of Mission Point Lighthouse! 20500 Center Rd, Traverse City, MI First floor of museum free and there is a *small fee to see the 5th Order Fresnel lens, 2nd floor museum and having the cool experience of climbing to the tower with jaw dropping beach views:
HOURS: 10-5 daily, November weekends (Fri-Sun) Noon-4.
*All proceeds from admissions benefit the Mission Point Lighthouse
and its preservation, restoration, and interpretation.
View this post on Instagram
Holland Tulip Time is May 4-12! Whoot!! Are you going?? I created a super useful interactive map that includes the best places to view the tulips, the parade routes, best close hotels, awesome restaurants and my tried-and-true tips and things to do while you are in Holland! Click on the link in my bio!! Don't wander around aimlessly, I got you! . . . #holland #tulipfestival #tuliptime #hollandmichigan #puremi #puremitten #puremichigan #tulips #tulips #hollandtuliptime #hollandtulips #greatlakesstate #michigander #michigan #michiganawesome
Do you have a great story, tip or suggestion of great things to do in Holland? Share it!