Top 11 Reindeer Farms (+ Events) 2022 Where You Can See and Pet Santa's Helpers! | Magical Live Reindeer + Map | Clare, Kalamazoo, Detroit, Traverse City Michigan
Best Michigan Reindeer Farms - Where to See Reindeer | By: Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com | Last updated: December 1, 2022
Every Christmas season, Chris and I become very nostalgic and love to visit brightly lit Michigan Christmas towns, pet super cute reindeer at Michigan reindeer farms and hope like crazy to catch a glimpse of Santa packing his sleigh in the barn!
Top Michigan Reindeer Farms and Events Interactive Map
- Zooming in: Click on the plus and minus buttons at the bottom left of the map to narrow in or out of the map. Or scroll with your mouse or use two fingers on your phone.
- Moving the Map: If using a mouse, click on the little hand icon to move the map around.
- More Info: Click or touch the colorful pins to obtain more information about the event or schedule.
- Drop Down Menu: Click or touch the square with the small arrow on the upper left side of the map for a drop down menu to find particular events or locations.
- Expanded Map View: Click the grid marks on the upper right of the map to expand the map.
Super Cute Michigan Reindeer!
Are There Reindeer in Michigan?
We have been asked, "Where can I see some reindeer?" or, "Does Michigan Have Reindeer?" The resounding answer is, YES! Absolutely! Michigan has several Reindeer Farms that are open to the public. See our list below.
Top 11 Reindeer Farms and Events in Michigan Where You Can See and Pet Santa's Helpers!
1. Grandpa Tiny's Reindeer Farm in Frankenmuth
Where: Grandpa Tiny's, 7775 Weiss St, Frankenmuth, MI 48734
If you want to see reindeer up close and personal, visit Grandpa Tiny's Farm in Frankenmuth Michigan! They have one of the biggest reindeer farms that you can visit Saturdays and Sunday November 19 - December 18, 2022 during their Santa's Reindeer Farm event.
- Experience Santa's Farm during the hustle and bustle of getting ready for the Christmas season! The farm is on full on holiday mode for this stroll through event where you will get to see how Santa has transformed the farm into his headquarters preparing for the big day! Buy your tickets early!
You can also see their super cute reindeer during their Flower Festival in September.
2. Annual Old Fashioned Christmas & Tree Lighting at the Museum
Where: 37236 Huron River Dr, New Boston, MI
December 4, 2022 at 4 PM – 8 PM. Free! Take a step back in time at the Samuel Adams House/Museum's old fashioned Christmas. Learn about Christmas' past through their themed exhibits. Popcorn, sweets and hot cocoa will be served, the children's tree will be filled with ornaments and horse drawn carriage rides will be offered 5:00-7:00 pm.
The surrounding area of the museum will feature live music, holiday vendors, a children's craft, live reindeer and more!
Children will be able to take home a ornament from the children's tree.
Fun fact: Reindeer only have front teeth on their bottom jaw! However, the top jaw has a hard palate that the deer uses in the same way it would use teeth.
3. Reindeer Ranch in Kalamazoo
Where: Reindeer Ranch, 2921 North 6th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, US
One of our favorite Michigan reindeer farms is Reindeer Ranch in Kalamazoo!
Book a 30-45 minute guided tour of the Reindeer Ranch farm in Kalamazoo. Learn about their friendly reindeer, how reindeer are built for the tundra and freezing temperatures, and lots more. Visit with a live reindeer and see the rest of the herd. Super fun experience and activity!
2022: They are typically only open Mid November thru Mid January. Tours are $10-$15 depending on the tour. They offer educational tours about the reindeer or your can take the same tour with a lighted Christmas walk. Weekend tour include the walk and Santa!! There is no minimum for a group, you can be by yourself and just join the tour. Reservations are required.
4. Rooftop Landing - Clare Reindeer Farm
Where: 2706 E Stevenson Lake Rd, Clare, MI 48617
Visit during the spring and summer to see their reindeer and alpacas in their pasture for viewing, petting and feeding. You can also see their Highland cows and visit the gift shop.
Rooftop Landing then closes for a couple months as they prepare for the Christmas season. They reopen the end of October for their busy Christmastime visitors.
So many fun reindeer farms to visit this Christmas!
5. Carousel Acres
Where: 12749 9 Mile Rd South Lyon, MI 48178
Carousel Acres specializes in educational animal presentations that are perfect for birthday parties, school, and community events.
They are open to the public during the summer months and offer horse rides, petting farm and play ground for the kids. You can see their adorable reindeer, lambs, alpaca, turtles, parakeet aviary, Maine Coon Cats and adorable Australian animals.
6. Reindeer at Alice & Jack Wirt Public Library
Where: 500 Center Ave, Bay City, MI
Reindeer at Alice & Jack Wirt Public Library, Monday, December 12, 2022, 5 – 7 PM. See live reindeer outside and come inside for crafts in the Children's Department! Family fun for all ages.
7. Antler Ridge Farms
Where: Antler Ridge Farms, 6259 M-72, Williamsburg, MI 49690
At Antler Ridge Farms, you can go on horse drawn sleigh rides and see their live reindeer and furry alpacas! Book early!
Daily sleigh rides are available during the Christmas season, so call to book. Sleigh rides are available weekends only after New Years Day. Events vary depending on weather, but they usual run through most of February.
So many fun reindeer farms to visit this holiday season!
8. Anderson and Girls Orchards
Where: 2985 N Sheridan Rd, Stanton, MI 48888
Anderson and Girls Orchards have the cutest reindeer, three of which are named Dancer, Prancer, and Sven! You have to stop in and see them!
- Anderson and Girls Orchards have an apple orchard with a sweets shop, farm market, gift shop, camel rides, wagon rides, petting zoo (with over 140 animals!), pumpkin patches and fun winter events in November and December.
Check their website for dates, hours, events and additional information.
9. See Adorable Reindeer and Santa During Holiday Nights at Greenfield Village
Where: 20900 Oakwood Blvd, Dearborn, Michigan
Every Christmas season, Greenfield Village hosts Holiday Nights where you can stroll the grounds and see Santa with his live reindeer!
10. See Cute Reindeer at Dow Gardens During the Christmas Walk
Where: 1809 Eastman Ave, Midland, MI 48640
Dow Gardens Christmas Walk in Midland Michigan has super cute Reindeer to see during their event. You can pet them and take photos!
11. Annual Monroe Hometown Tree Lighting
Enjoy the Annual Monroe Hometown Tree Lighting at Loranger Square. Friday, November 18, 2022, 4:00PM to 9:00PM. Tree will be lit at 7pm sharp! Activities include: Vintage Market vendors (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM), Visit with Santa & Mrs. Claus in the Childrens' Activities Area (5:30 PM - 8:30 PM), Live Reindeer (5:30 PM - 7:30 PM), Horse and wagon rides (5:30 PM - 8:30 PM) and Live Nativity courtesy of Heritage Baptist Church (5:00 PM - 8:30 PM) and more!